• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

R-User!

"Move it "Busta!"
pDY9nYnl.jpg

"I'm gonna get her all wet!!!
WHzrUq2l.jpg

Optimix Prime
pCGqezal.jpg

Dat back!
nnWEc3Cl.jpg

Sup guys!!
8CKav0yl.jpg

I carry ticket booth, dunk tank and hammer bell!
GBYEpW5l.jpg

Cup o' joe.
hO9ncrVl.jpg

Hammer bell...really works!
BZ7gdWel.jpg

And a pic of my sons mech that he built today:

The *S.H.I.E.L.D. Suit...
tjf1jAMl.jpg

*Strategic
Heavy-Duty
Individualized
Exoskeleton:
Logistics Division

I think it looks cool! :)

mrkgoo

Oh sweet Jesus, did you buy it??

I went to the Town Center Mall's comic store the other day and they had ONE Hearse for $40, two Ghost Trains for $109, and Dracula's Castle for like $130. I was so, so tempted to buy the Hearse but there's one on eBay for $36 that I have my eye on. Hnnnggg... decisions...

How much was the Hearse at WalMart?

Yeah, The Lego Movie seems like a theme that they could just mine for a while, like City. If they hadn't blown their load on the first wave they could have stretched it out well into next year easily. As it stands the only stand out sets I can think of would be the Pig Sled, Copper Chopper, a shrunk-down version of the Submarine? Maybe some other 2-in-1 sets, an Emmit's Car poly bag...? It'd be sweet to see a movie-style Bat Wing or Batmobile but I don't know how they'd work the rights out to that.

I imagine merchandising rights were worked out when they negotiated to have them in the film. Either they're allowed to or not.

R-User!

It's the Logistics Division that makes that mech.

Wait, should I be correcting something? Seriously, I'm missing what your getting at. :/

Also, I forgot... My son loves the LEGO Play book!! He wanted me to thank you for the recommendation.. :) I thank you too! The book is REALLY cool!

Wait, should I be correcting something? Seriously, I'm missing what your getting at. :/

Also, I forgot... My son loves the LEGO Play book!! He wanted me to thank you for the recommendation.. :) I thank you too! The book is REALLY cool!
Glad you love the book.

And no need to fix anything. I just love something big and badass being from the logistics division.

Just built Bad Cop's car, this thing is SLICK. I wonder how difficult it would be to mod it so the top opens like it does in the movie as opposed to just flipping up? Also I really wish they gators had police hats but there's no way to keep them on their heads so I can let that slide.

Missed opportunity in the tiny "Wild West" set to give the horse that police lights face shield.

I imagine merchandising rights were worked out when they negotiated to have them in the film. Either they're allowed to or not.
I only mentioned that because no other licensed characters have shown up in any of the Movie sets, just the one Batman in the Dropship set.

I kinda even see that as a troll by Lego since so many people seem to be clamoring for a Green Lantern fig and that would have been the perfect set to do it with, but instead we get yet another Batman, heh. He is kind of a main character though so I guess if he was gonna wind up in a set that wasn't his own vehicle that one makes the most sense?

R-User!

Glad you love the book.

And no need to fix anything. I just love something big and badass being from the logistics division.

Oh, cool! Also, is there really a Logistics Division at SHIELD that makes mechs, or is what you said just a related comment to the pic of the mech? I thought that maybe I coincidentally co-named my sons mech after something that I didn't know about in the comics...

Oh, cool! Also, is there really a Logistics Division at SHIELD that makes mechs, or is what you said just a related comment to the pic of the mech? I thought that maybe I coincidentally co-named my sons mech after something that I didn't know about in the comics...

In the MCU, the last part of SHIELD stands for Logistics DIvision. In the comics it stood for something different:

Wikipedia said:
The acronym originally stood for Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division. It was changed in 1991 to Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate.
Within the various films set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as well as multiple animated and live-action television series, the acronym stands for Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division.

But still, what kind of logistics would a badass mech have to take care off? The logistics of how much ass to kick and how far? I love it. Just the thought of a mech being part of logistics puts a smile on my face.

mrkgoo

Just built Bad Cop's car, this thing is SLICK. I wonder how difficult it would be to mod it so the top opens like it does in the movie as opposed to just flipping up? Also I really wish they gators had police hats but there's no way to keep them on their heads so I can let that slide.

Missed opportunity in the tiny "Wild West" set to give the horse that police lights face shield.

I only mentioned that because no other licensed characters have shown up in any of the Movie sets, just the one Batman in the Dropship set.

I kinda even see that as a troll by Lego since so many people seem to be clamoring for a Green Lantern fig and that would have been the perfect set to do it with, but instead we get yet another Batman, heh. He is kind of a main character though so I guess if he was gonna wind up in a set that wasn't his own vehicle that one makes the most sense?

Yeah dunno. Haven't seen the movie. Downloaded off itunes and will hopefully watch it tonight! Excite!

ghostmind

Those old Classic Space sets look so good, the only one I'm missing is the biggest one.

Yep, the Galaxy Explorer... my first LEGO set (as I've mentioned before).

My little brother had the smallest of the ships - 918.

Wish I still had them today - kudos to you for sill having most of them!

Zerojul

I love this image...

LaSiFOc.jpg

Sweet !!!! I'm excited at the thought that quite a few of those Classic Space sets might be waiting for me in a case at my mother's place. She confirmed there were several instructions there, in good condition, too. I really need to find time to go get it :)
Now if only Spaceship^3 was available in Europe....

Soooo... the reveal of the Ewok Village was June 1st of last year.

Will we see the reveal of the UCS Slave I in a little over a week?
Yes, please.

wetwired

So here's the results of my lego restoration after 24 hours, I think I could leave it longer but I'll wait til after the local expo, I think they'll hold up for the show and I can restore them some more later..

Before on the left, after on the right

beforeafter.jpg

beforeafter2.jpg

Yep, the Galaxy Explorer... my first LEGO set (as I've mentioned before).

My little brother had the smallest of the ships - 918.

Wish I still had them today - kudos to you for sill having most of them!

I have been buying them online recently, don't let it be a deterrant. It was well worth it to buy them.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So here's the results of my lego restoration after 24 hours, I think I could leave it longer but I'll wait til after the local expo, I think they'll hold up for the show and I can restore them some more later..

Before on the left, after on the right

beforeafter.jpg

beforeafter2.jpg

What process did you use?

mrkgoo

Yeah dunno. Haven't seen the movie. Downloaded off itunes and will hopefully watch it tonight! Excite!

Just finished watching the movie.

It was mindblowing! So did they use real stop motion for part of it or was it all CGI? The credits looked like stop motion.

yukonrye

I'm pretty sure the entire film is CGI with the exception of the
father and son scenes.
There is also part where you can see fan-made stop-motion movies playing on monitors in the background behind Emmet.

My latest LEGO DIY project.
I bought 100 neodymium magnets from our favourite Chinese place of commerce.
and glued 1 x 1 round plate studs on them and now have awesome fridge magnets! :D

wetflame

Pizza Dog
My latest LEGO DIY project.
I bought 100 neodymium magnets from our favourite Chinese place of commerce.
and glued 1 x 1 round plate studs on them and now have awesome fridge magnets! :D

Those look great! I can see myself doing something like that with some larger bricks so I have a bit more to hold on to, get the feeling if I had those I'd lose a lot! Still pretty neat though.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and someone local to me on craigslist is selling the new Ecto-1 for $75. Not sure how he got it, but the Lego store near me doesn't have this in stock yet.

elseanio

Apologies for posting in this thread - I didn't want to bump the Nanoblock thread that wasn't active at all.

I'm after someone who has this Tokyo Sky Tree:

HzCBoDw.jpg

I need to reassemble, but have misplaced the instructions :(

Rootbeer

Banned
Call around, my store supposedly got them in today. When I go in later today I'll confirm.

Just called my store... getting the same answer as always "June"

:(

kinda sucks cause June 1st is a Sunday which is not ideal timing for me. But... guess I'll be dragging my butt out there early that Sunday morning.

Just called my store... getting the same answer as always "June"

:(

kinda sucks cause June 1st is a Sunday which is not ideal timing for me. But... guess I'll be dragging my butt out there early that Sunday morning.

Don't give up hope, try at the end of the week or even next Monday/Tuesday? There are no orders from Lego for us to hold them from the shelves once we get them, unless it's your store's choice to do so I guess. The only thing that has a hard street date is the Ecto-1. I've also seen the new sets popping up at Toys R Us and Target so you could always check with them too!

Ponn

Banned
I have the Haunted House waiting to be built and wondered if you guys think any of the other Monster Fighters compliment it or does it really stand by itself?

I feel they do yes. If its still available the Halloween accessory set really fits as well. The Ghost Train is the only one I would say doesn't really go with it but I love that set anyways. The Vampire Hearse fits the best out of all them sitting out in front and the Wolfman with the tree is excellent. Just get them all.

Has anyone got the Kreo USS enterprise? I can get it for less then half off and though im not a huge Star Trek fan I think it looks kind of cool with the lights. Any thoughts, yay or nay?

yukonrye

GOOD GOD YES!! If you do go back tomorrow and it's still there could you buy it for me, and I'll pay you back plus shipping and other goodies or fees? If you want it for yourself then by all means go for it but if you're not too hot on it and wouldn't mind doing me the favor holy heck would I be grateful. :O
Checked again today. The Hearse was gone. I think the squirrel came back for his nuts. I went by another Walmart and found a Ghost Train stuck in a different toy section. The box had been resealed and the price was $80 so I left it.

I am so annoyed I never found that ghost polybag, I searched everywhere.

EDIT: Ehh...new one is 10 bucks on Bricklink. I may just take the plunge just so I can have one.

as I do usually, going to watch some giant bomb while building lego brick stuff... mainly lex power armor 0_0

also, side note, due to movie release, all Lego WB iOS games are .99 right now :D

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lego-batman-dc-super-heroes/id570306657?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings/id664783704?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lego-harry-potter-years-1-4/id404086528?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lego-harry-potter-years-5-7/id501220013?mt=8

picked up LotR even though I beat it on PS3, but I love me Lego and LotR

Well I'll be damned, there IS a hard release of June 1st for the GOTG sets. We only just found out when they came today.
June 1st, we are blessed with another Bessa Marvel craft. I will be judging it against Quinjet, so the odds are against it already. But I have faith it will deliver though.

Apologies for posting in this thread - I didn't want to bump the Nanoblock thread that wasn't active at all.

I'm after someone who has this Tokyo Sky Tree:

I need to reassemble, but have misplaced the instructions :(

They're not anywhere online?

I'm looking through all the upcoming 2014 sets. I don't particularly care for the Chima models but this thing is badass.
70145-1.jpg

I wants it for all dat trans light-blue!

Top Bottom