• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Are there any rumors of what's to come for the modulars?

Do a lot of people try and theme them up during holidays? For instance,ghosts during Halloween, and snow and Christmas stuff during Christmas?

That would be awesome. Thank you.
No prob. Just gotta get through a rough patch here, and I can hook you up. Maybe swap for a tiny lil set or something. But I gotta spread the Monster Fighters love.

Are there any rumors of what's to come for the modulars?

Do a lot of people try and theme them up during holidays? For instance,ghosts during Halloween, and snow and Christmas stuff during Christmas?

I tried adding snow to them once, but was too lazy to finish it. As for Halloween, I built a diorama around Haunted House each year since release. Excited to build another gory, scary scene from scratch. :)

allright.... Lego GAF, I am sorry for doubting you....

the Lex Power Suit is awesome!

The figures are better than I expected too even being a 0% DC fan. The parts are going to be super useful but the whole thing is great :D

on a side note: is it suppose to come with a spare rubber tube? even if it is I'm super glad I have an extra now since I have alot of use for them (already have two others from a Hero Factory set).

The figures are better than I expected too even being a 0% DC fan. The parts are going to be super useful but the whole thing is great :D

on a side note: is it suppose to come with a spare rubber tube? even if it is I'm super glad I have an extra now since I have alot of use for them (already have two others from a Hero Factory set).
Another believer! I think my favorite part was the Kryptonite gun.

RIGHT?

And I got an extra tube too.

Rootbeer

Banned
I got a TRU 20% off coupon in the mail. I wonder if I can use it on Benny's Ship?

Anyone know if the new sets qualify as "Hot Price" items (I really hate that policy, TRU... grr. MSRP is not a hot price)

Woohoo! Glad you liked it. It also makes a good base for you own mech/robot.

Get it while you can everyone else. It's amazing that it's been going 2+ years in retail stores.

$15 on Amazon right now.

Superman Vs Power Armor Lex 6862

6862-2.jpg

I feel they do yes. If its still available the Halloween accessory set really fits as well. The Ghost Train is the only one I would say doesn't really go with it but I love that set anyways. The Vampire Hearse fits the best out of all them sitting out in front and the Wolfman with the tree is excellent. Just get them all.

I was afraid someone would say this haha. I'll get the hearse first of all and work from there.

You need this.

FPhIiz5.jpg

Wow that looks really cool. Well I'll have to pick that up as well. Thanks

The Vampyre Hearse is absolutely awesome. Get it while you can :)

I've just bought the Ghost and clock for £11 in amazon.

I've got to say looking through the monster fighter sets I'm not feeling most of them. The hearse seems a bit too "gnarly" for the mansion. Has anyone got any pictures of them together? The werewolf and tree looks like it would go well. The Ghost train will be a nice set to pull out in future Octobers. It's £60 at Argos. Worth the price?

RxoQYvrl.jpg

I might pick up couple more to do Obi-wan version and Anakin's yellow one.

Finally found Apu, so I have a full set and no duplicate also use $10.00 off coupon from TRU and got them for around 3.55 each. New price is terrible for 3.99 you should get more than just a minifig. My local Fred Myers have them for 4.49 at one point.

Zerojul

I've got to say looking through the monster fighter sets I'm not feeling most of them. The hearse seems a bit too "gnarly" for the mansion. Has anyone got any pictures of them together? The werewolf and tree looks like it would go well.
Taking pics is not my forte but I can take a quick pic of the Hearse parked in front of the mansion when I get back from work if you want.

Rootbeer

Banned
I just bought in bulk to reduce the price, selling at cost to some people I know so we can all get them cheaper, I have 3 sets leftover though as 2 people pulled out, fuckers

Sorry to hear that... if I didn't already have them I'd be interested. I have 2 full sets plus a few extras of my favorite characters

Great figures though. I'm sure you won't have problems getting them off your hands.

I've got to say looking through the monster fighter sets I'm not feeling most of them. The hearse seems a bit too "gnarly" for the mansion. Has anyone got any pictures of them together? The werewolf and tree looks like it would go well. The Ghost train will be a nice set to pull out in future Octobers. It's £60 at Argos. Worth the price?

Werewolf and tree combine very well with all the other sets. The Hearse is large but looks cool outside the gates of Haunted House. The train is a pretty neat set, but not a favorite. It is great for all the ghosts, and I did like MOCing up gnarly tracks for it.

Best Monster Fighter sets are Haunted House, then Vampyre Castle. Vampyre Castle may look a bit silly in pictures, but it is all about the small details as you build it.

If you didnt see it last year, this is a diorama I made last year around most of the Monster Fighter sets.

Werewolf and tree combine very well with all the other sets. The Hearse is large but looks cool outside the gates of Haunted House. The train is a pretty neat set, but not a favorite. It is great for all the ghosts, and I did like MOCing up gnarly tracks for it.

Best Monster Fighter sets are Haunted House, then Vampyre Castle. Vampyre Castle may look a bit silly in pictures, but it is all about the small details as you build it.

If you didnt see it last year, this is a diorama I made last year around most of the Monster Fighter sets.

So awesome! I'm going to trade some games at target to get enough for the haunted house today.

I just bought in bulk to reduce the price, selling at cost to some people I know so we can all get them cheaper, I have 3 sets leftover though as 2 people pulled out, fuckers

I hate when people do that.

Resell them in 2-3 years for massive profit.

Yeah, right now Simpsons aftermarket is saturated so have to wait until they are no longer available at retail. I'm seeing eBay Simpons bidding lots go for at MSRP or under MSRP. Before they were widely available, I saw some go a high as 2 x MSRP.

Gonna stop by the LEGO store and see how they are selling. After they got a shipment, they would run out before the end of the week the last few weeks I checked.

Zerojul

Quick pics as promised. Sorry for the crappy quality. I don't know if it will help you in any way because there's a lot going on in/near my haunted house.

A little close-up

Sorry for not being of more help, but I can assure you this little thing is very nice. It comes with a huge sticker that kinds of negates the whole feelign of the build IMO, but it glows in the dark if you're into this kind of things ;)

Rootbeer

Banned
I actually got the hearse at the LEGO store in December in the clearance bin :) for like 25 or something.

Found and bought all of Mixels series 2 today at Target. Looks like I was the first to hit the box, there were still 3 of each character, with a few series one also stuffed I'm there.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm not really into many of the Series 2 Mixels but I am into their Maxel forms. Lego you devious bastards.

How about the upcoming series 3? Really liking the green guys. But yeah, I really hope they stop at series 3 unless they do something very different going forward. They are great for what they are, but I think between series 1, 2 and 3... we have enough.

LEGO-Mixels-Series-3-Sets-Brown-Green-Purple-LEGO-2014-e1391741199585.jpg

R-User!

The only pic I've got to share right now:

Diiiiig through the ditches an burrrrrn through the witches an slaaaaam in the back uh mah DRA-GU-LAAAAA!
jZZsVkPl.jpg

Also, cuz I just want to post these again:
u2taJTml.jpg

"Some more wine please!"
DRqhe88l.jpg

-Gandalf the Drunk-

Yes I remember seeing them pictures las year and it looks amazing. Really great work on that and you've inspired me to get loads on them and try and put something together for Halloween.

Quick pics as promised. Sorry for the crappy quality. I don't know if it will help you in any way because there's a lot going on in/near my haunted house.

A little close-up

Sorry for not being of more help, but I can assure you this little thing is very nice. It comes with a huge sticker that kinds of negates the whole feelign of the build IMO, but it glows in the dark if you're into this kind of things ;)

Cool, thank you for doing that for me. It does look better than I thought and will actually look great with the ghost train which I'm going to buy tonight.

How about the upcoming series 3? Really liking the green guys. But yeah, I really hope they stop at series 3 unless they do something very different going forward. They are great for what they are, but I think between series 1, 2 and 3... we have enough.

LEGO-Mixels-Series-3-Sets-Brown-Green-Purple-LEGO-2014-e1391741199585.jpg

We were looking at those at work yesterday and they look way better to me and my coworkers. I personally like ALL the green Mixels, and two of the purple ones (not totally sold on the humanoid lookin one with the glow sticks but I may be swayed). We're very curious as to what the Maxels will look like for Series 3.

We were looking at those at work yesterday and they look way better to me and my coworkers. I personally like ALL the green Mixels, and two of the purple ones (not totally sold on the humanoid lookin one with the glow sticks but I may be swayed). We're very curious as to what the Maxels will look like for Series 3.

I think series 3 will be the most useful partially because of the parts and colors.

I may buy alot of series 2 blue dudes since I'm seriously lacking water stuff for my sets :p

any suggestions of good sets to buy for water? I'm moving back to Miami in a few months and once I am financially stable I'll be able to buy at the BAB at the Lego store once again.

ghostmind

From series 2, I am liking Slumbo and Lunk from the Frosticons, for the use of the blue helmets for the eyes, and the frost lightning bolts respectively. I also like getting all these shades of blue.

tWTLNuF.jpg
5uxgwjH.jpg

For the Fang Gang, my main interest is in Jawg, because he looks like a dog.

9zPr0Oe.jpg

And then I like all of the Flexers, because they look like sea creatures. And solid orange caps!

SV1k1cG.jpg
Hzb1bWj.jpg
tNFeVNK.jpg

Series 3 is looking like it will have some great ones as well.

I've already purchased all the Series 2, but I haven't built any yet, since I built all of the Series 1 in one session last week. Giving myself a break on them until I start Series 2.

mrkgoo

I'm not really into many of the Series 2 Mixels but I am into their Maxel forms. Lego you devious bastards.

Funny through, as with all Lego the actual buld and physical products nearly always are better in person.

I thought nothing of the mixels, but after some positive impressions I thought I'd try one out. It was the flame guy with fingers (love fingers).

It was awesome. Then I bought the other two for the mixel contest. One was really weak, but Flain (alien head) was a lot cooler than I expected.

Then decided to pick up one electric guy even though I didn't think if like him. Turned out awesome. Picked up the other two and both were great!

So I'm only 3 away from the series 1 set. Got 1 rock guy on clearance. Figured I wouldn't like him because BURP and well, he's kinda plain. Nope, he's awesome too. Love his little chunkiness.

So I have 7, and like 6 of them, eah one thinking meh before buying.

I think I'm on a dangerous path to getting ALL mixels now.

I agree. They are cute but I have zero interest in them; I bought Zorch but wasn't impressed enough to continue down that path. Honestly I am kind of glad about it.

In other news, I can build!

The hospital fitted me with this monstrosity yesterday. I can make a fist, and this device allows my fingers to return to their normal position from the fist. First order of business was to feel out some Simpsons figs, and I was 4/4. Still got it.

Long term prognosis is still totally up in the air but at least I can pick things up!

And yes, my children's friends fear it.

Zerojul

Cool, thank you for doing that for me. It does look better than I thought and will actually look great with the ghost train which I'm going to buy tonight.

You're very welcome :) Please post your impressions on the ghost train if you find time, I'm kinda on the fence about getting it.

And then I like all of the Flexers, because they look like sea creatures. And solid orange caps!

SV1k1cG.jpg
Hzb1bWj.jpg
tNFeVNK.jpg
And mustaches ! Never underestimate the power of the 'stache.

Great news :)

ghostmind

I agree. They are cute but I have zero interest in them; I bought Zorch but wasn't impressed enough to continue down that path. Honestly I am kind of glad about it.

The hospital fitted me with this monstrosity yesterday. I can make a fist, and this device allows my fingers to return to their normal position from the fist. First order of business was to feel out some Simpsons figs, and I was 4/4. Still got it.

Long term prognosis is still totally up in the air but at least I can pick things up!

Glad to hear that you are up and building!

LOL, even with a claw you are better at feeling the CMF bags than I am.

How precise can you manipulate your fingers with it? Could you do a micro-build?

I cannot believe that with all the advances in medical science we've made, that thing is the best they can come up with. It looks like something from medieval times! All those rickety joints and leather slings with crazy string pulleys, unbelievable there's not some kind of slick, futuristic Power Glove looking thing by now that hides all the exposed wires and metal framing.

I really hope you have a quick recovery, but in the meantime I'm glad to hear that contraption is helping you regain normal functions in your hand! I would probably die and turn into dust if that ever happened to my right hand D:

Just built this guy. It's a pretty damn good source of new ball-joints with 9 ball-socket pairs.

I really dislike the Lions in Chima just as a design and use of parts point of view, so if anyone is like me but wants an almost similar build, get the wolf set.

EDIT:

Side note on amazon the steam versions of most of the Lego games are going for $5 or a bit more for those who care:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KDNFFOU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Top Bottom