• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

The TRUtax seems like it would be enough of a buzzkill. I know it would be for me.

Mixels series 2 were $4.99. LEGO Movie sets were MSRP. So the TRU tax pain relief was not applied. The stuff I craved was MSRP.

Although, the fact that the Sith Fury was on clearance for $99.99 (MSRP $89.99) did make me laugh.

ghostmind

Well JANG posted a lot of videos tonight, but I am going to declare this one his Flashback Friday for May 23rd:

6372 Town House (1982)

http://youtu.be/Dmg9YKy56W8

I think my brother had this set, while I had the Town House set 560 from 1979. These were the beginnings of a long history of LEGO housing.

Well JANG posted a lot of videos tonight, but I am going to declare this one his Flashback Friday for May 23rd:

6372 Town House (1982)

http://youtu.be/Dmg9YKy56W8

I think my brother had this set, while I had the Town House set 560 from 1979. These were the beginnings of a long history of LEGO housing.

Oh, god. Those chairs were around even then? Wow. I guess it was the fact that I mainly only got Space System stuff that I never got those standard chairs until the last few years.

Vyer

Eh. I was on lunch break, and TRU was a couple doors down from the place I ate at. I figured, "why not!?"

It hurts, but it makes me want to get out of this rut even more. Something to work towards.

Ha, I already know I wouldn't have the willpower.

Hope everything works out soon for you.

Just built Lord Business' Evil Lair. Was actually a pretty fun build! Interesting that LB comes with two sets of legs, one of which has the top third of his mega legs jammed up in them already. And I'm SO happy that his head flips around to have that creepy black and red mask that's in the movie for like three seconds. I also really like the brick-built Kragle, and I friggin' wish I could have found more Movie CMF so I could have a Where Are My Pants? guy to flesh out the set. It's much larger than I anticipated, too!

Now the only main characters I'm missing are Benny and Metal Beard. I could solve this with the Sea Cow, but I feel like that's a purchase for a long time from now, like Christmas or something. I found an original 1980-something blue space guy in my old collection, so he can be my fill-in Benny, and if we ever get anymore Metal Beard's Duel sets back in stock at work, I'll be sure to grab that. He's 1:1 with the movie in that set, right?

Edit: Catwoman's off-center mouth is killing my OCD fffffff

Metalbeard is like 0.998:1 with the movie. Some pieces are pearl instead of chromed and there are some tiny changes you can fix yourself. Note though that the Sea Cow figure is about half the size and very simplified.

Great read, thanks. The limo seems to be universally disappointing to everyone. I will need to find a way to upgrade it when I build mine :)

Thanks mate. I had a really great time building it. I need to start doing some reviews for my other favourite sets. I might wait until the Star Wars sets this year.

Quick heads-up for euro-folks and sorry if old : Spaceship^3 spotted (and insta-bought) at the Paris Lego shop :)

Damn, I toyed with the idea of going to one of the London Lego stores today but it's just about too late now due to other commitments. Don't fancy it on a Sunday or Bank holiday Monday so might go on Tuesday and hope they have them in by then.

On a different note I just got a nice Bricklink haul in.

EWDZZy5.jpg

Most of this is for my Arcade MOC and topping up spares (1by2 & 1by4 LBG plates), not sure what to do with the inverted white tiles yet but nice to have a bunch of them.

Zerojul

The long wait is finally over !!!

Got my 2nd Flashback Shredder in the process. Will probably get a 3rd one (maybe even a 4th) next week when I go grab the other new The LEGO Movie sets, so I'll say it again : if you want this minifig but can't get one for some reason, just let me know and I'll gladly send it to you :)

kapowza

my technic seaplane arrived and the pieces are a disgrace, filthy and chewed all to fuck. I'm gonna hunt down the guy and cut him in the face

after I've built it and played with it for a while.

I visited the Lego shop up here in Sweden. They had a ton of old, interesting stuff: Mini Modulars, the biplane, Toy Story, Atlantis and other misc. Eventually I just settled for the Endor Rebel/Imperial troopbuilder, the Lagravis racer and an Apu (all of these mostly for body pieces). Then I found another two Legolas and a Friends set on clearance. Not too bad.

Those must have been priced incorrectly. That's a whopping 40% off MSRP on a new product. Good deal. The whole box would have been an even better deal!

The Simpson minifigs were also $3, but I already have all of those and a few extra. My wife was shopping, not me!

They are definitely priced incorrectly. Series 1 is $3 on sale, and the new ones got the same price on accident apparently.

I like the drawer system a lot. It's what I use for most of my stuff, but it's pricey so I also do the cheap plastic shoe box containers for bulk parts.

Organized by Joel.Baker, on Flickr

Oh, I got distracted by his LEGO room and other photos. This is the one I wanted to show. Lots of Chima love in this MOC.

LEGO Legends of Chima Water Park by Joel.Baker, on Flickr

Batman Minifigure Mosaics by Joel.Baker, on Flickr

i dunno about Chima but that park is freaking insane!!!! love it! hell i'd love to LIVE there it's so awesome :)

Welp, we have all three Guardians of the Galaxy out on the floor for sale. Apparently even though the boxes said June 1st our master list said as soon as we get them, so I guess it's up to each store's discresion?

ghostmind

Welp, we have all three Guardians of the Galaxy out on the floor for sale. Apparently even though the boxes said June 1st our master list said as soon as we get them, so I guess it's up to each store's discresion?

Sounds like most stores are only putting out the X-Men set, but there are a few putting them all out. I'm holding off heading to the LEGO store until next weekend, so I can take advantage of the promo.

I'm going to a concert tonight about an hour from my house and decided to stop by the mall while I was in that area. Turns out they had a LEGO store that had SpaceShip SpaceShip SpaceShip! I bought it immediately :)

Rootbeer

Banned
Had a lot of stuff going on so haven't been able to keep on top of everything... I called my LEGO store and they have all the new sets... pretty much everything BUT i forgot to ask about Guardians of the Galaxy.

Sadly they already sold out of the new X-Men set so yeah... I guess I'll get that tues at the earliest unless they start showing up at Target.

Ever have a package arrive that you don't remember ordering? Yeeeeah... I think you'll all love this one.

Chinese bootleg minifig review #4 incoming shortly!

mrkgoo

I only recently saw the Lego movie for the first te a few days ago.

So milhouse was in it. I thought the Simpsons Lego minifigures weren't unveiled until after the movie came out right? So was it essentially an Easter egg hidden preview at the time? Was a big deal made of it or did no-one notice?

The many faces of Chinese Captain America:

nClyzeL.jpg

I love 'em all, despite some pretty poor face choices. Some of the combinatins are just prety dumb. However, using the parts of various figures, I can create some pretty amazing variety of Captain America figures, like these 2:

k2iMhML.jpg

pOw6nYJ.jpg

tYlvV2B.jpg

The WW2 version is great, with tears on front and back, with his Cpt. America outfit showing through.

All of them have bright red/blue, and dark red/blue combinations. The colors are carried through to the gloves and shield as well. Speaking of which, the bootleg shields have silver instead of white, which looks pretty damn good actually. All of the printing, front and back, is unique to each figre. Of course, 2 of these are straight up rip offs of the 2 currently available minifigs.

Hey, my daughters have a clear favorite!

dpqVMYU.jpg

Also, here's zombie Cpt. America vs Red Hulk because why not

Ior1SgL.jpg

Just got a Bricklink order with the old DJ CMF and Island Tribal CMF from Series 11! Now I'm only missing the Gingerbread Man CMF and I'll have all of Series 11. Then I can pick and choose from the other series. Yay!

Edit: Damn, the Islander is AWESOME. I love the detail in his mask. I wish I wish I WISH Lego would do another tribal/island series. Maybe with the Pirates line next year? D:

Ponn

Banned
The first review I have seen for the Milano Spaceship Rescue, and it is a very glowing one!

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95922

TXtVsJC.jpg

Wow, thats bigger then I expected.
thats what she never said, har har

Seriously price of the set and pictures I thought it was half the size of Quinjet. I'm going to have to turn my desk into a jet display with Quinjet, Milano, Nova ship and my Kreo Starscream. Have to try to find some good plane stand instructions.

Hey, my daughters have a clear favorite!

dpqVMYU.jpg

Huh thats funny. They inadvertantly made a Lego Stargirl. Thats a fig I never dreamed of seeing. Give her one of Loki's staves modified and there you go.

for reference just in case, JL Unlimited version since thats the one people are probably familiar with

IYRoSGO.png

The red mixels arrived today and man, these things are fantastic for their parts. I made this with them:

Front:
pemE_zps297c9c05.jpg

Opened:
pemD_zps3fe9a627.jpg

Back:
pemC_zps25eab934.jpg

Running:
pemB_zps3dbc7417.jpg

Doing whatever a spider does:
pemA_zps74c827f2.jpg

Size comparison:
groupShot_zps6046a7f5.jpg

Classic Space-esque walker:
classicWalker_zpsd6c99e34.jpg

The small ball/sockets are super useful, have pretty great ranges of motion and can support a good amount of weight.

wetwired

The long wait is finally over !!!

Got my 2nd Flashback Shredder in the process. Will probably get a 3rd one (maybe even a 4th) next week when I go grab the other new The LEGO Movie sets, so I'll say it again : if you want this minifig but can't get one for some reason, just let me know and I'll gladly send it to you :)

what would you want for flashback shredder?

Damn, I toyed with the idea of going to one of the London Lego stores today but it's just about too late now due to other commitments. Don't fancy it on a Sunday or Bank holiday Monday so might go on Tuesday and hope they have them in by then.

On a different note I just got a nice Bricklink haul in.

Most of this is for my Arcade MOC and topping up spares (1by2 & 1by4 LBG plates), not sure what to do with the inverted white tiles yet but nice to have a bunch of them.

That's quite a lot of white inverted tiles. I can't wait until those inverted tiles become more common. I'd like a ton of those in all different colors.

The many faces of Chinese Captain America:

Ior1SgL.jpg

I saw the Captain America bootlegs, but I steered clear of those because of those awful faces. The accessories, especially the non-round shield, though look great. I think I'm going to stick with Decool bootlegs mostly.

Where's the bootleg big fig review of the different colored Hulks? I ordered those as well, but no idea when they will come in. Looks like it's pretty decent.

The red mixels arrived today and man, these things are fantastic for their parts. I made this with them:

The small ball/sockets are super useful, have pretty great ranges of motion and can support a good amount of weight.

Mech, mech, MECH!

Nice work. I'm sure we'll see smaller mechs like that with those new ball joints. I have a mech in mind when I have time.

Zerojul

Ior1SgL.jpg

Ha ha this is awesome ! Maybe the first step to a bootleg Marvel Zombies series ?

Very nice mech, congrats :)

what would you want for flashback shredder?

Nothing except your adress ;) Funny thing, there's already one going to Australia...

What's the best lego minifigure book? I'm looking to get one as I decided last night that when I get the Palace cinema I'm going to surround it with film figures and scenes but I need to know what figures are out there.

Ironmask

when will the Flashback Shredder promotion ends? I really want one but my next S@H order will be the 1st of June, when the Ecto-1 will be on sale

just got the Ninjago Temple of Light for 50% off! Not the greatest set ever, but it's decent i figure with a lot of pretty unique pieces for MOCing! Plus it's got white Sensei Wu and a Golden Ninja figure which sounds good to me! The Golden Mech is bonus...

Zerojul

What's the best lego minifigure book? I'm looking to get one as I decided last night that when I get the Palace cinema I'm going to surround it with film figures and scenes but I need to know what figures are out there.

I'd be interested in a book that lists more than the CMFs or SW or DC too, but I can't seem to find any. Bricklink lists near to 7000 different minifig references so maybe it would be too hard and/or expensive to produce such a book though.

when will the Flashback Shredder promotion ends? I really want one but my next S@H order will be the 1st of June, when the Ecto-1 will be on sale
May the 30th. Sometimes when bonuses are left in stock they still give them away after the promotion ends, I got a second "Piece of Resistance" poly that way, but that's only even possible in physical stores, of course.

wetwired

Did the rest of the interior of the ghostbusters rooftop and did a rough Gozer, next step is the big ornate thing on the rooftop itself and filling in some gaps underneath so you can't see the baseplate when you peek in (not see in the photos but will be visible at the expo)

Rooftop_05.jpg

If I find time I might add some more details on the exterior, but I've got other shit to built too so it's not looking likely.

Is Flashback Shredded in US LEGO Stores? I want one so bad, but my next trip out won't be until June 1st for the Ecto-1.

Awesome Gozer diorama, by the way.

Top Bottom