• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

A couple more images have surfaced for the upcoming Minecraft sets.

21115 The First Night

21118 The Mine

Didn't care for the other two pictures, but these ones I like! Dunno if I'll get them consider how much other stuff I want to get, it'll all depend on price really.

(Also, glass windows and stair blocks on the roof for your first night's house? Someone's fancy!)

Rootbeer

Banned
GameStop is having an event next Saturday. They've restocked on poly bag Emmet and Bilbo and you'll get one with any lego game purchase.
Hmm I wonder does it count for used games? :)

I really don't want to pay $60 for a lego game... it just feels wrong when I've gotten all of them in the $20-30 range in the past on Steam.

I do want to get The LEGO Movie game, PS4 would be fine... but not for $60 :/

And yeah I still need The LEGO Hobbit too.

I was going to just wait for Steam sales but if I can get either/both on PS4 at a reasonable price ($40? 45?), I'll do that.

Just left the Santa Clara store with both the ECTO-1 and the Super Secret Police DropShip! Man, everyone was buying the ECTO-1. Also received the balloon kit too.

I was able able to return my May the Fourth order. They let me keep my Darth Revan for basically $5.00. Awesome!

Now I have $75 in VIP points. Anyone know what the next polybag promo will be?

neonglow

Just left the Santa Clara store with both the ECTO-1 and the Super Secret Police DropShip! Man, everyone was buying the ECTO-1. Also received the balloon kit too.

I was able able to return my May the Fourth order. They let me keep my Darth Revan for basically $5.00. Awesome!

Now I have $75 in VIP points. Anyone know what the next polybag promo will be?

It should be Flashback Shredder in July for the US.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
ECTO-1 has been acquired! Been waiting forever for this thing.

Fun story, I had forgotten it came out today until I woke up around 10 and checked my Facebook to see a friend of mine ask me if I was getting it today. I raced to take a shower, get dressed, brush my teeth and got to the mall at like 10:50. Didn't realize the stores IN the mall don't open till 11am on Sundays. There was a line waiting to get into the LEGO store, never seen that before. Gates open and I go to the section, only two left. I was going to grab both, but heard some dad telling his kid to go get one before they sold out, so I left the last one there for him to find. What pissed me off was there were these guys buying 4 of them already. It's like jeez guys, they're going to re-stock in a week, you can wait. Let the kids have them.

Ponn

Banned

Fun story, I had forgotten it came out today until I woke up around 10 and checked my Facebook to see a friend of mine ask me if I was getting it today. I raced to take a shower, get dressed, brush my teeth and got to the mall at like 10:50. Didn't realize the stores IN the mall don't open till 11am on Sundays. There was a line waiting to get into the LEGO store, never seen that before. Gates open and I go to the section, only two left. I was going to grab both, but heard some dad telling his kid to go get one before they sold out, so I left the last one there for him to find. What pissed me off was there were these guys buying 4 of them already. It's like jeez guys, they're going to re-stock in a week, you can wait. Let the kids have them.

Love scalpers. Buy them all and hope that kid cries so the parents go to ebay and buy one of theirs for double the price. They literally ran me out of collecting Transformers they are so bad.

Hmm, I don't have Lego Batman 2 yet, I suppose I could grab that for the Emmet fig

Edit: Though my gaming backlog is ENORMOUS and do I really need another Emmet?

neonglow

How come LEGO didn't put a limit on them? Back to the Future sets were limit 2 when they came out.

Ryuuroden

How come LEGO didn't put a limit on them? Back to the Future sets were limit 2 when they came out.

There is a limit on them of 5 I think. Anyways I think I'm going to start a new thing of a glass of wine while building LEGO :D. Just opened a bottle of Sin Zin to drink while building spaceship spaceship spaceship (of course I will only have 1 or 2 glasses of it)

Rootbeer

Banned
Nice, Amazon is carrying Ecto-1

http://amzn.com/B00JRCB3HQ/

Good news because that means I'll be able to get a second one discounted eventually... they have the BttF set at 20% off every so often. Such as right now.

There is a limit on them of 5 I think. Anyways I think I'm going to start a new thing of a glass of wine while building LEGO :D. Just opened a bottle of Sin Zin to drink while building spaceship spaceship spaceship (of course I will only have 1 or 2 glasses of it)
I've already started a tradition of having wine when I watch Game of Thrones, and yeah Sin Zin is one I've had, good stuff.

I usually have Coffee while I build LEGO! Wine would be good though.

This is super weird, I was told that we're limiting them to 1 per customer. I wonder if that changed?

Got the last ECTO1 yesterday from a german toy store. Bought the BTTF set there before. I was delighted to see that they sold soem cuusoo and architecture stuff. The ecto was a nice build and looks great!

Dunno if this means anything but I thought it'd be worth noting: The new Lego Catalogue is out and on the 2-page spread with the Modulars/Expert line, the only one missing is Grand Emporium.

Marko723

Neo Member
Been an expensive day,

Shop at home =

2 Ghost Buster sets,
Batman™: Arkham Asylum Breakout
All Series 2 Mixels
and the Knowhere Escape Mission - Guardians of the Galaxy

Thinking about the 3 new Lego Movie sets.....

mrkgoo

I saw some new creator sets yesterday. I didn't even know the new red car/plane/dinosaur existed!

It was a nice surprise in this day and age of internet to actually be legitimately surprised at something appearing he shelf, picking up the box and looking closely at it.

Yeah, sure it's more me not following so closely to news, but still.

Bought 2 Ecto 1 (happy father's day dad!) and a Mixel. Got the Ballon Cart. Went back a little later and bought Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship, and the clerk didn't give me a Ballon Cart.

Kinda weak on the Ballon Cart. But the Ecto 1 looks great.

Ryuuroden

Bought 2 Ecto 1 (happy father's day dad!) and a Mixel. Got the Ballon Cart. Went back a little later and bought Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship, and the clerk didn't give me a Ballon Cart.

I managed to get 2 balloon carts at the store and a third one at S@H

Rootbeer

Banned

Did you ask for one?

I get that they need some policy to prevent people from gaming the promo and getting lots of them, but if you're dropping $100 on a second purchase is it really a big deal to give you another polybag? Sucks man.

Good strategy on days like today when lots of sets are released at once... If you want multiple polybags, do one purchase in-store and another online that way you're pretty much guaranteed to get two bags.

Did you ask for one?

I didn't ask for the second one, but since he was hesitant on the 2 Ecto-1s, i figured I was pressing my luck. Never had this experience before at that store. But I didn't recognize him either. Might be a noob, and doesn't want to get in trouble. Didn't really need a second one, but its easy to give to the kids a reward.

Rootbeer

Banned
The LEGO Movie blu-ray has a commentary track with both directors, unikitty (Alison Brie), emmet (Chris Pratt), batman (Will Arnett) and benny (Charlie Day). Nice!

wetwired

Nice, I wonder how many were there for the ghostbusters vs the other new sets that came out (benny's spaceship etc)

wetwired

Ok Gents (and ladies) I'm in urgent need of some suggestions here, I'm frantically trying to build before the expo on the weekend and I have a problem I've started building a raised landing platform for the classic space display but I've run out of grey slopes to make the rocky sides, anyone got any suggestions what to do on the other sides? I was thinking maybe some sort of raised platform with stairs or something?

landing.jpg

Ok Gents (and ladies) I'm in urgent need of some suggestions here, I'm frantically trying to build before the expo on the weekend and I have a problem I've started building a raised landing platform for the classic space display but I've run out of grey slopes to make the rocky sides, anyone got any suggestions what to do on the other sides? I was thinking maybe some sort of raised platform with stairs or something?

landing.jpg

Maybe mix in some dark grey and earth tones to pad it out. Maybe an icy section or lava.

Ponn

Banned

Some landing towers with classic satellite dishs maybe. A little moon rover shed with moon gardener.

Ryuuroden

So my pickups for today;

14321185761_2554b3eea3_c.jpg

In addition, I ordered the other 6 series 2 mixels online as well as Kingdoms Joust and got a third balloon set.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, I wonder how many were there for the ghostbusters vs the other new sets that came out (benny's spaceship etc)
Well as I looked at some other sets, I saw those same guys grabbing some other sets as well. Didn't know what they were though. So I'm sure they were there for all the new ones. I'm so back logged on my Marvel/DC/TMNT sets that I had to pick up 2 of the Batmobile/Riddler Dragster sets as well. My cart online has like 32 sets in it, haha. Gonna have to buy a few sets a week to space it out and make sure I get them before some of the older ones go out of stock.

I want the new sets, but they'll all have to take a back seat for the time being.

I bought a slot Machine. I found a near mint one at a junk sale this weekend and lowballed for $20 (asking $100) because he thought it didn't work. It didn't work because the lock was broken, which is required for the machine to operate. I gave it to my kid brother to look at and possibly fix and he just rigged the lock mechanism, reset the machine, and it works like new. I am having him install a volume control on the thing though because it is unbelievably loud. Next up? 500 tokens for 35$ from Ebay. They should be here by the time I make time to pick the machine up from my brother.

It is going to go in my basement, so that means I'll have to move my Lego modulars to another location. Or perhaps display them differently? Not sure, but I have some thinking to do. Maybe my video games should move instead. I need to organize those better anyway and the Lego city is such an awesome display I would hate to hide it away in another room.

I will be taking out carpet and laying hardwood floors in 2 rooms next weekend so I will be preparing for that all this week when I get home from work every night. I have to pull up carpet and floor tacks, as well as remove and mark trim for re-installation after the floors are laid.

I also just bought and installed a 65" TV and sound system upstairs last night which was harder than I thought it would be mounting and hiding all the cables over a fireplace. As soon as my floors are laid down, I have new furniture is coming the following Monday so that has to be done by Sunday no mater what. Pressure is on. Then! I immediately go on vacation that Friday.

Needless to say, there will be very little Lego or relaxing for the next 2 weeks straight for me. Probably very little GAFing in general.

I want the new sets, but they'll all have to take a back seat for the time being.

I bought a slot Machine. I found a near mint one at a junk sale this weekend and lowballed for $20 (asking $100) because he thought it didn't work. It didn't work because the lock was broken, which is required for the machine to operate. I gave it to my kid brother to look at and possibly fix and he just rigged the lock mechanism, reset the machine, and it works like new. I am having him install a volume control on the thing though because it is unbelievably loud. Next up? 500 tokens for 35$ from Ebay. They should be here by the time I make time to pick the machine up from my brother.

It is going to go in my basement, so that means I'll have to move my Lego modulars to another location. Or perhaps display them differently? Not sure, but I have some thinking to do. Maybe my video games should move instead. I need to organize those better anyway and the Lego city is such an awesome display I would hate to hide it away in another room.

I will be taking out carpet and laying hardwood floors in 2 rooms next weekend so I will be preparing for that all this week when I get home from work every night. I have to pull up carpet and floor tacks, as well as remove and mark trim for re-installation after the floors are laid.

I also just bought and installed a 65" TV and sound system upstairs last night which was harder than I thought it would be mounting and hiding all the cables over a fireplace. As soon as my floors are laid down, I have new furniture is coming the following Monday so that has to be done by Sunday no mater what. Pressure is on. Then! I immediately go on vacation that Friday.

Needless to say, there will be very little Lego or relaxing for the next 2 weeks straight for me. Probably very little GAFing in general.

Damn, sounds like quite the setup both up and down stairs. I think we need photos.

A couple more images have surfaced for the upcoming Minecraft sets.

21115 The First Night
Fs0AuE7.jpg

21118 The Mine
BYiROE7.jpg

Depending on how many the produce, these may actually end up on clearance. The mine isn't too bad. I only care for the minifigs, but having that many regular blocks may be popular with some people. Every so often I over hear some people asking for a plain bucket of bricks.

landing.jpg

Chiming in again, but besides stairs you could have a small command station or bits of technology embedded in the rock to fill the gaps.

Did you ask for one?

I get that they need some policy to prevent people from gaming the promo and getting lots of them, but if you're dropping $100 on a second purchase is it really a big deal to give you another polybag? Sucks man.

Good strategy on days like today when lots of sets are released at once... If you want multiple polybags, do one purchase in-store and another online that way you're pretty much guaranteed to get two bags.

My local LEGO store told me that they limit on per customer per day. Though they did gave me 2nd bag before on two transaction without me asking for one. It's depend on the clerk.

Ryuuroden

My local LEGO store told me that they limit on per customer per day. Though they did gave me 2nd bag before on two transaction without me asking for one. It's depend on the clerk.

I just went to different registers >.> and left for a half our between each one. plus it was really busy. They also know me there but I don't think they would of let me get 2 had they realized I had already gotten one.

Nice, how many did they have?

They were burning through stock so quickly - and I had arrived about half an hour after they opened. There were 3 (including myself) that were holding the sets while they had just put out 5 more (which I think was their last stock).

It was so bad(good?) that it was limit 1 per person at my store.

So business was quite brisk apparently.

I'll check tomorrow to get a firm answer but I'll guess they had at least 20 sent to them.

Caladrius

landing.jpg

I'd say make some landing beacons.

Top Bottom