• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

Help, don't know what else to buy with the Ecto 1...

Super Star Destroyer

l6ylE0Q.jpg

wetwired

So who wants to raid their local Lego store for me? I just saw a video of some dudes in Austin dressed up in Ghostbusters costumes visiting their local store to check out the set and I saw the little cardboard display they used out front of shop to show out the model, I'd kill for one of those.

So who wants to raid their local Lego store for me? I just saw a video of some dudes in Austin dressed up in Ghostbusters costumes visiting their local store to check out the set and I saw the little cardboard display they used out front of shop to show out the model, I'd kill for one of those.

You should LEGO, may be they will send you one.

Kyari

Everyone hates Kyari update:
Received further confirmation from the chap working for Lego head office in the uk that my local store has my prize and I can just go pick it up whenever I guess!

theaface

Received further confirmation from the chap working for Lego head office in the uk that my local store has my prize and I can just go pick it up whenever I guess!

Good for you! Be sure to take a picture of your haul when it arrives!

Zerojul

Cool ! And good luck carrying all that back home ;)

hmmblah

Had an Ecto-1 in my cart then noticed the balloon stand on orders $75+ so added a second Ecto-1. Think I will gift the second to a friend.

fVJqddM.jpg

My Legion of Iron Men. Iron Patriot is slightly distracted by something shiny.

Quick glance I see the quality control issue with the bootlegs. The triangle print on the mask of one is too low. It's the one in the middle. Sorry to point that out as you can't unsee it anymore, but I feel people should know their mileage may vary with those. Still, considering there is no official LEGO version and the price, it's still a good value (I think that whole set probably cost less than official Iron Patriot minifig in the secondary market).

That's new to me too. First I've seen of those posted in this thread or any of my LEGO feeds.

I'll may grab a buildable brick box if goes on clearance for 30%. A few if ever hits 50%.

Catwalk has no unique mini-doll or elements (except maybe the printed tile) so no interest there. Easy enough to make one with all the parts I have.

EDIT: Ah, I see why it's a smart phone stand as mentioned in earlier post. " QR code for LEGO Friends music video backdrop."

Quick glance I see the quality control issue with the bootlegs. The triangle print on the mask of one is too low. It's the one in the middle. Sorry to point that out as you can't unsee it anymore, but I feel people should know their mileage may vary with those. Still, considering there is no official LEGO version and the price, it's still a good value (I think that whole set probably cost less than official Iron Patriot minifig in the secondary market).

Interestingly, after I put my bootlegs under scrutiny, I couldn't help but do the same with my official Lego figures. On the whole, they are great, but they have issues too. Flash lines is a big one on hair. Printing is another, though never as drastic as a bootleg gone bad.

Interestingly, after I put my bootlegs under scrutiny, I couldn't help but do the same with my official Lego figures. On the whole, they are great, but they have issues too. Flash lines is a big one on hair. Printing is another, though never as drastic as a bootleg gone bad.

Agreed on official LEGO parts. I haven't noticed anything regarding printing, but have noticed a lot regarding color and moulding of some with the elements. Still very good overall, but lower for my expectations of LEGO. Higher bootleg or "clone" brand quality and slightly lower, but noticeable LEGO quality is not a good thing for LEGO.

Color variation on yellow elements irritates me. It's also noticeable on the oranges and a bit in the light bluish greys. Moulding I see "lines"/"grooves"/"not sure what to call them" on them. The fits are still great though.

Biggest mould issue I recall is the new Batman cowl headpiece. It was common with the Batman Jetski polybag as I read many complaining about it. It didn't line up with the white print on the heads enough so that it was noticeable. Some posted LEGO customer service sent a new one if requested. I didn't bother since I figured I'd have a dozen of those cowls eventually since almost all DC Super Hero LEGO sets come with a frickin' Batman.

Agreed on official LEGO parts. I haven't noticed anything regarding printing, but have noticed a lot regarding color and moulding of some with the elements. Still very good overall, but lower for my expectations of LEGO. Higher bootleg or "clone" brand quality and slightly lower, but noticeable LEGO quality is not a good thing for LEGO.

Color variation on yellow elements irritates me. It's also noticeable on the oranges and a bit in the light bluish greys. Moulding I see "lines"/"grooves"/"not sure what to call them" on them. The fits are still great though.

Biggest mould issue I recall is the new Batman cowl headpiece. It was common with the Batman Jetski polybag as I read many complaining about it. It didn't line up with the white print on the heads enough so that it was noticeable. Some posted LEGO customer service sent a new one if requested. I didn't bother since I figured I'd have a dozen of those cowls eventually since almost all DC Super Hero LEGO sets come with a frickin' Batman.

My Lego Aqua Man has a flash "halo" around the hair and it bothers me to no end. I don't have another of that style of hair in that color to replace it either.

Bootleg printing can suffer from putting a bright printing over a dark color. Lego quality shines there.

Lego Gaf, I have a problem and I know you will not steer me wrong.

My wife has been away for nearly 3 weeks with a promise from me that I will pair down the space my LEGO (both display and collection) takes from our 1 bed flat while she is away. Currently on display in living room is 7 modulars, 5 USC, 13 other sets and a large amount really useful boxes threatening to take over the room (my guess about 50,000 parts).

I have the Ecto-1, Coruscant Police Dropship and all Series 2 Mixels to build.
I have The Ghost, Constructo-mech and Jedi Defender to dismantle and pack away.
Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP needs to find a place too as that will live on.
I have a modular MOC that is almost 80cm tall which needs to find a place to live that is not on the floor.

She returns on Wednesday and I also have Mario Kart 8 and Game of Thrones to contend with. Help me Lego Gaf, you're my only hope!

My wife has been away for nearly 3 weeks with a promise from me that I will pair down the space my LEGO (both display and collection) takes from our 1 bed flat while she is away. Currently on display in living room is 7 modulars, 5 USC, 13 other sets and a large amount really useful boxes threatening to take over the room (my guess about 50,000 parts).

I have a modular MOC that is almost 80cm tall which needs to find a place to live that is not on the floor.

She returns on Wednesday and I also have Mario Kart 8 and Game of Thrones to contend with. Help me Lego Gaf, you're my only hope!

Personal bias alert:

The only star wars set cool enough to be worth displaying is the death star. Pack away all the others.

If you don't own the death star and can't live without star wars representation, pick a small ship.

IronRinn

Personal bias alert:

The only star wars set cool enough to be worth displaying is the death star. Pack away all the others.

If you don't own the death star and can't live without star wars representation, pick a small ship.

Unless I'm misreading, I believe he may be faced with having to get rid of some stuff as well.

Ironmask

Saturday night moc fever

Dum-E from Iron Man 3
6ddQZoG.jpg

Nick Fury's car from Capitan America: The Winter Soldier (complete with retractable machine-gun)
KaoojXF.jpg

Patapon!
bgjokMN.jpg

Red Skull's Car from Capitan America: First Avenger
VghuDHQ.jpg

Lola with Agent Coulson from Agents of SHIELD
rXTYvKZ.jpg

zHbfrn1.jpg

ghostmind

UCS Slave I rumor roundup:

75060 UCS Slave I
  • Priced at either $199 or €199 (my personal guess is $250USD)
  • Length is same as new Star Destroyer (75055) 21" (53cm), which is significantly larger than the last release (set 8097) in 2010, which is 13" (33 cm). This would also make it about as long as 10240 UCS Red Five X-Wing.
  • Model will still be minifig-scale
  • Rumored minifigs include a new Boba Fett, 4-LOM and Zuckuss. I would also assume some version of Han Solo in carbonite.
Hoth Bricks posted a possible preliminary (though this could be one of many prelims built for this set):
jVxyFJW.jpg

Not sure if this will help, but I stick my bricks together when keeping them (not all, just the bigger ones i.e. 1x3 and bigger). It saves me a TON of space. Think of how Ikea packs their stuff. That's how I keep some of my LEGO parts.

UCS Slave I rumor roundup:

75060 UCS Slave I
  • Priced at either $199 or €199 (my personal guess is $250USD)
  • Length is same as new Star Destroyer (75055) 21" (53cm), which is significantly larger than the last release (set 8097) in 2010, which is 13" (33 cm). This would also make it about as long as 10240 UCS Red Five X-Wing.
  • Model will still be minifig-scale
  • Rumored minifigs include a new Boba Fett, 4-LOM and Zuckuss. I would also assume some version of Han Solo in carbonite.
Hoth Bricks posted a possible preliminary (though this could be one of many prelims built for this set):
jVxyFJW.jpg

Thank you LEGO!!! Finally, keep putting out UCS stuff I am OK with passing. I may have a chance to catch up without having to drop more and more stuff off my get list. If UCS Millenium Falcon comes out this year, then I will curse you LEGO! Wait until next year, I'm still trying to catch up on modulars.

Ponn

Banned
Ecto-1, Frosticons and Flexors ordered from Lego S@H. Frosticons and Ecto-1 in stock but the other new mixels sold out says ship in 30 days so Frosticons probably not too far behind.

Has everyone got/ordered their Ecto-1 yet? I'm thinking that might be the first set every LegoGAF member has gotten all at once shortly after release.

Personal bias alert:

I don't own the Death Star but to me it would have to be the Death Star II anyway. The Star Wars UCS sets I have on display are Imperial Shuttle, B-Wing, R2 and both X-Wings but they don't take space that other things could use really (mostly on top of book shelves). However, I have decided I can take down a fair few sets and I think I will start with the official modualrs that I own as we will most likely be moving in September so might as well do it now.

Unless I'm misreading, I believe he may be faced with having to get rid of some stuff as well.

Luckily not having to get rid but just make it tidier. Although if I don't tidy that could easily change.....hahaha

Not sure if this will help, but I stick my bricks together when keeping them (not all, just the bigger ones i.e. 1x3 and bigger). It saves me a TON of space. Think of how Ikea packs their stuff. That's how I keep some of my LEGO parts.

I do this with certain bricks but what I have right now is mostly unsorted so that's a going forward plan.

For tonight I took apart the Ghost, Phantom & Constructor-mech while watching Game of Thrones, quick GP on Mario Kart and now Jedi Cruiser is half apart with Pet Shop next I think.

Got a couple of BrickLink orders in too so if I have time I can finish a little more of my Arcade MOC.

Top Bottom