• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Caladrius

Paleontology FTW.

I wish they would make Prehistoric animal sets again.

It took FIVE Tentros, but my sea monster is complete.
7848c7fc058644156e662c59565a0a53_zps4af13659.jpg

Very nice. (And mildly frightening.)

AFAIK it's not even on bricklink yet (the ISD set is on it but none of the loose minifigs) but I guess it will start to show up soon.
As for the Ewok Village version of Luke, that's what I would go with for this particular scene, too. I think the only officially labelled "Death Star II" Luke is a really old one (yellow skin).

In other news just got my custom Ghostbusters arms from NACM customs :)

The crappy cellphone pic don't do them justice at all. I think it's a really good job they did here.

Really. It's going to be expensive then! That version of Luke is £18 on eBay.

How do you take the arms off figs? I tried doing it to bane to get a custom coat on but I couldn't do it without feeling I was going to break it.

I take off arms all the time. Just remove the hand and there's no way you can break anything. Just move the arm up and then bend it out from the body. If you don't remove the hand and use it for leverage, the wrist may break open.

It's also rather easy to just grab both the arm and the hand and pry them off without problems, I usually do that since it's annoying to remove the hand first.

Ehh... you do know that you can remove legs from the hip piece too? And even arms off Friends minidolls, although those are tighter.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
D0fGXpC.jpg

This theme is just not clicking with me. IMO, the micro scale sets look a lot better.

Everything about the regular-sized theme is so off and awkward.

I love having the Micro Sets because they fit inside their block-themed casing. Plus the figures are adorable and easy to make your own extra creatures with stickers and stuff.

These are just...ech.

mrkgoo

How do you take the arms off figs? I tried doing it to bane to get a custom coat on but I couldn't do it without feeling I was going to break it.
I figured you'd just pull. My daughter was playing with my minifigs and came back and the arms were nearly outbid their sockets.

Remove the hands first and then move the arms so that they stick out to pop them off.

I always remove the hands first because I fear breaking them more than anything. The arms are always quite sturdy.

I've done it a only few times, but I don't recommend doing it frequently especially for the legs. Arms are easier, but IMO excessive removal and re-insertion will wear down the parts. I've heard it can eventually crack the torso. The one time I did the legs, it was looser just after that one time.

I've read the official LEGO stance is legs and arms are not meant to be taken apart. By read, I mean it was in some AFOL site or blog so take with a grain of salt. It makes sense to me that they are not intended to be removed.

D0fGXpC.jpg

This theme is just not clicking with me. IMO, the micro scale sets look a lot better.

Hah, clicking pun. :)

Agree, definitely something not clicking. The Endermen and dragon look really good to me though.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It could work if they print all the sides of the bricks!

It's hard to even get the scale right since LEGO bricks aren't perfect cubes.

Rootbeer

Banned
All of the non-micro Minecraft they have shown look like fancreations to me. If LEGO really wanted to license this theme they should have gone the extra mile and made sure things matched the game properly. Not that I think LEGO and Minecraft are very compatible from an aesthetic pov... it's a lost cause there.

Unfortunately they are all going to be huge sellers, just like the micro sets (which are way overpriced so I don't even bother with them)

Zerojul

Not as good as it's predecessor from 2007, but I'm not willing to pay the premium for that OOP set, so this will have to do.
Hope it can be at least a good base/parts pack to recreate the 2007 version. There's no way I'm paying 300€ for the 7662 either, but it looks so much better... Any clue on the pieces count on this one ?

Ryuuroden

8w8yblO.jpg

kVN3Ksq.jpg

Not as good as it's predecessor from 2007, but I'm not willing to pay the premium for that OOP set, so this will have to do.

Its pretty ugghhh to me actually. I Have 2 of the original original sets from like 2002 and I think even those are better than this.....lol. I may get this and finally try to build my own version based on all 3.

Jimbro72

8w8yblO.jpg

kVN3Ksq.jpg

Same here. The 2007 set is one of the few holes in my collection so I will be picking this one up without hesitation. A shame this one looks like a step back from the last one, though.

I'm actually a bit surprised that all you dedicated Legoists don't know about how to take apart a minifig. Anyway, I made a little video to show you just how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojR8PihiyaI

Thanks! Arms I do the same way, but I must have done something differently with the legs.
I tried again like you did in the video and it came off much easier. I think I probably angled it a bit the first time I tried with the legs which is why it got looser.

Marko723

Neo Member
I think I have an addiction......

When the SeaCow made it's appearance in February I cashed in all my points and got a substantial reduction on the price.

Capture_zpsb9ba770a.jpg

Since then my points balance has grown to......

Capture4_zps5e3a4899.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Welp...just sold something on ebay...I think that Milano will be mine this weekend.

Do it we can be Milano buddies.

It took some willpower to hold off on Knowhere escape. I only want Rocket Raccoon and Groot, the rest of that set just looks really uninteresting to me. I'm going to try and hold off till its discounted.

I love that female scientist group.

Can't belive some ppl don't like it. So much better than your typical pop culture reference turned into lego.

R-User!

D0fGXpC.jpg

Looks like leaked pictures to gauge fan response... they don't look good. But Minecraft is a huge thing for the younger generation, so who knows, this will probably still sell fairly well; barring the sets releasing to a complete absence of unpredictable apathy by their target audience...

wetwired

First day of the Strathpine Lego show, I'm shattered, I did pick up the Curiosity Rover for AUD$43 (discount for being an exhibitor) and one the Friends Sunrise Ranch in the members raffle (I was really wanting the tower of orthanic or ewok village but I can't complain).

strathpine%20haul.jpg

My daughter has an operation on Tuesday so iit will be a nice gift for he when she gets out.

My daughter has an operation on Tuesday so iit will be a nice gift for he when she gets out.

Hope everything go well and best of wishes to you and yours.

Nice pick up on the Mars Rover. When I was at LEGO store picking up the Ghostbusters set, we were talking about how limited the distribution of the Rover was. The clerk said their store didn't get any in at all and was told by LEGO that's it's S@H exclusive, not sure if that's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtTQsw6CB8M

Jang strikes again, with a huge custom shopping mall packed with details.

Damn. Really cool. I was also brainstorming a mall MOC about the same size. Nice to see how something that big would look if pulled off correctly. Just awesome work.

First day of the Strathpine Lego show, I'm shattered, I did pick up the Curiosity Rover for AUD$43 (discount for being an exhibitor) and one the Friends Sunrise Ranch in the members raffle (I was really wanting the tower of orthanic or ewok village but I can't complain).

strathpine%20haul.jpg

Best of luck, mate.

Top Bottom