• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

wetwired

Been slow around here lately.

A nice Steam Punk version of GhostBusters

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bausteineck/14210519389/
14210519389_553af0c81a_b.jpg

Stolen for the LEGO GB facebook page :)

Ponn

Banned
Ah, so Amazon stopped accepting pre-orders, which explains why my pre-order hasn't been cancelled. Perhaps some of those that had their pre-orders cancelled was around the time Amazon stopped accepting them.

Amazon Stops Taking Advance Orders for ‘Lego’ and Other Warner Videos
Man they are quickly turning into the evil conglomerate that could. Can't wait for the showdown between them and Walmart. Straighten your shit out Amazon.

Been slow around here lately.

A nice Steam Punk version of GhostBusters

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bausteineck/14210519389/
14210519389_553af0c81a_b.jpg

Reminds me of that fake Ghostbusters cartoon. Only thing missing is the gorilla.

Looking at Bluray.com reviews for Lego Movie. The feature on lego designers is definitely ONLY on the EiA edition. Dammit. Only 13 minutes, but I want to see that.

Looking at Bluray.com reviews for Lego Movie. The feature on lego designers is definitely ONLY on the EiA edition. Dammit. Only 13 minutes, but I want to see that.
At target you can get the EIA edition with a $30 lego movie set (ice cream, garbage truck , or bad cop pursuit ) for $50.

Been knocking an idea for a MOC around my head all week. Well, a few variations. I want to do a Blacktron themed MOC. A nice sized ship o' doom. Made doodles in the margins of notes while at meetings, etc. Banging around ideas and building techniques in my head on how to pull it off, etc.

But, I get home from work tonight and intend to try and build it, and lost all the will. I JUST finished cleaning up so much crap and put the boxes of bricks back onto shelves. I just don't feel like dragging them back down and making a mess again. And then I get the key pieces for pulling it off and my brain short circuits on how to begin on this thing. I see how I want it in my brain, but how to even begin is making me draw a blank.

Urgh.

Been knocking an idea for a MOC around my head all week. Well, a few variations. I want to do a Blacktron themed MOC. A nice sized ship o' doom. Made doodles in the margins of notes while at meetings, etc. Banging around ideas and building techniques in my head on how to pull it off, etc.

But, I get home from work tonight and intend to try and build it, and lost all the will. I JUST finished cleaning up so much crap and put the boxes of bricks back onto shelves. I just don't feel like dragging them back down and making a mess again. And then I get the key pieces for pulling it off and my brain short circuits on how to begin on this thing. I see how I want it in my brain, but how to even begin is making me draw a blank.

Urgh.

Aren't you moving soon Won't that make a new MOC tough?

Typing is still a challenge so I'll keep this brief:

HIVE CRAWLER: Goddamn. I bought this heavily discounted last year but built it a few weeks ago.It really is terrific. I have little interest in the theme but the set is amazing.

New X-Men set: Honestly the Sentinal is pretty cool imo. Some degree of neck movement would have been nice but I do think it's decent. The Blackbird sucks....it is like Cad Bane's Speeder with wings. Figs are awesome.

Zerojul

Very nice :)

New X-Men set: Honestly the Sentinal is pretty cool imo. Some degree of neck movement would have been nice but I do think it's decent. The Blackbird sucks....it is like Cad Bane's Speeder with wings. Figs are awesome.
I totally agree on the Sentinel and the minifigs.
I kinda like the Blackbird though. I didn't expect anything great but ultimately I think it's ok. It's rather small but I like the design, the sleek lines and the smooth shapes. Plus it's a four-seater. But I'm weird like that ;)

Rootbeer

Banned
At target you can get the EIA edition with a $30 lego movie set (ice cream, garbage truck , or bad cop pursuit ) for $50.

Wow... makes me want to cancel my amazon order. I need the garbage truck.

Is there anywhere online I can see the ad for next week? I can't find a way to view it on target.com, only showing current week.

I'm getting a bit obsessed with Star Wars lego. So far I have X-Wing, Millennium Falcon, Skiff and Sarlac pit, Escape Pod, Jabba's Palace, Rancor Pit and Mos Eisley. Need to get the Sail barge and Sandcrawler to complete the Tattooine collection.

And I've noticed the Sandcrawler is limited edition so I really need to get it soon before it's not available. But it's a lot of money. And I have no spare money. But I have a credit card.

What say you LegoGaf, should I throw caution to the wind and buy it?

Zerojul

I'm getting a bit obsessed with Star Wars lego. So far I have X-Wing, Millennium Falcon, Skiff and Sarlac pit, Escape Pod, Jabba's Palace, Rancor Pit and Mos Eisley. Need to get the Sail barge and Sandcrawler to complete the Tattooine collection.

And I've noticed the Sandcrawler is limited edition so I really need to get it soon before it's not available. But it's a lot of money. And I have no spare money. But I have a credit card.

Nice collection :)
I think sandcrawler looks great and that you should definetly buy it, but you have plenty of time to do so. It will still be around for a little while. It's only one month old...

Wow... makes me want to cancel my amazon order. I need the garbage truck.

Is there anywhere online I can see the ad for next week? I can't find a way to view it on target.com, only showing current week.
If you search the lego movie on slick deals there's a thread. One post has the target ad.

Rootbeer

Banned

theaface

You've got plenty of time. It won't go out of print for a good while yet, so no rush. :)

Don't go into debt for LEGO. You have time, and a collection of awesome sets. Enjoy them and save for the next one.

wetwired

I finally sat down tonight to start Ecto-1A from Ghostbusters II

Ecto1A_1.jpg

Ecto1A_2.jpg

I had to make a few compromises to keep the yellow and black chevron brick built but I think if I make a new decal for the GB logo on the side I can keep it nice and smooth. I think it's 90% there, I'll probably do a new number plate, some text on the ticker things on the side and the main thing I forgot was to leave a spot for the blue hose, so I need to go back and fix that up.

Aren't you moving soon Won't that make a new MOC tough?

Typing is still a challenge so I'll keep this brief:

HIVE CRAWLER: Goddamn. I bought this heavily discounted last year but built it a few weeks ago.It really is terrific. I have little interest in the theme but the set is amazing.

We are moving...sometime. We honestly have no idea. It all depends on when my wife gets a job and finishes school. We are still in an indefinite holding pattern. My spaceship MOC also wouldn't be TOO large. Maybe 1000 pcs tops. I just want to make a spaceship, which I haven't done since I was a kid.

Also, Hive Crawler strikes again! YAY!

Also sorry to hear typing is still a challenge, but you are getting better, correct? The Claw of Doom on your hand is working?

I finally sat down tonight to start Ecto-1A from Ghostbusters II

Ecto1A_1.jpg

Ecto1A_2.jpg

I had to make a few compromises to keep the yellow and black chevron brick built but I think if I make a new decal for the GB logo on the side I can keep it nice and smooth. I think it's 90% there, I'll probably do a new number plate, some text on the ticker things on the side and the main thing I forgot was to leave a spot for the blue hose, so I need to go back and fix that up.

Looks cool so far.

Kay here they are:
http://www.freestufffinder.com/ads/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/tg615-12.jpg
http://www.freestufffinder.com/ads/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/tg615-13.jpg

$35.99 for Everything is Awesome edition (dropping to $25.99 if you buy a qualifying $25 LEGO set with it), so yeah around $51 good deal.

... oh, and 5% RED card discount on top of it

Best deal out there for the EiA edition. I just hope there will be one left of the movie and the Bad Cop pursuit after I get off of work on Tuesday.

Kay here they are:
http://www.freestufffinder.com/ads/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/tg615-12.jpg
http://www.freestufffinder.com/ads/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/tg615-13.jpg

$35.99 for Everything is Awesome edition (dropping to $25.99 if you buy a qualifying $25 LEGO set with it), so yeah around $51 good deal.

... oh, and 5% RED card discount on top of it

I am cancelling my Amazon pre-order. That is too good of a deal. If I am reading it right too, the sets are also on sale for $25. Those sets are normally $30 MSRP.

I found a decent sale of semi-recent stuff. I wanted to get something but couldn't really decide. Finally I ended up with the Friends pool. Some useful pieces in that. The set with Superman and the three enemies in black was interesting for all the figure pieces, but I wouldn't find much use for the ship stuff.

Zerojul

I had the incredible luck of finding the Loki Cosmic Cube Escape set for MSRP, which I didn't think would be possible anymore around here. I heard the vehicle was quite a good build. I believe the Iron-Man minifig (Mark VI ?) in this one is exclusive to this set so that's quite a nice bonus :)

I had the incredible lucky of finding the Loki Cosmic Cube Escape set for MSRP, which I didn't think would be possible anymore around here. I heard the vehicle was quite a good build. I believe the Iron-Man minifig (Mark VI ?) in this one is exclusive to this set so that's quite a nice bonus :)

The jeep is really nice, yeah.

I found that Chima gorilla thing for $30 CDN today so I bought it. Stumbled across the Ghostbusters set right after and was annoyed at blowing my LEGO budget for the week on Chima. Next week will be Ghostbusters week.

Rootbeer

Banned
I am cancelling my Amazon pre-order. That is too good of a deal. If I am reading it right too, the sets are also on sale for $25. Those sets are normally $30 MSRP.

Yeah I'm with you... I was hesitant to cancel but screw it, I have time to run up there early in the morning so they should have plenty. Just hope they have the garbage truck because that's the only one of the 3 sets I do not yet have. Though if I had to a dupe of one of the others, so be it. They are all good sources of parts for me.

neonglow

I'm hesitant to cancel my Amazon order since it's not guaranteed that my local Target will have it in stock by the time I'm off work. Pay more for a sure thing or gamble to get it much cheaper. I'd totally get another ice cream set.

Great news! Our daughter was born last Thursday! While we were picking up a few things for our daughter at a Toys R Us/ Babies R Us store, she decided to get me the Bike Shop/ Cafe (31026) to go along with my Simpsons House. On the top of my bookshelves, I'm working on making my own small row of buildings/homes. It may look kind-of hodge podge but I'll love it anyway :)

Ironmask

I had the incredible luck of finding the Loki Cosmic Cube Escape set for MSRP, which I didn't think would be possible anymore around here. I heard the vehicle was quite a good build. I believe the Iron-Man minifig (Mark VI ?) in this one is exclusive to this set so that's quite a nice bonus :)
Damn i really miss that set, the ironman is available also in the polibag 30167

Great news! Our daughter was born last Thursday! While we were picking up a few things for our daughter at a Toys R Us/ Babies R Us store, she decided to get me the Bike Shop/ Cafe (31026) to go along with my Simpsons House. On the top of my bookshelves, I'm working on making my own small row of buildings/homes. It may look kind-of hodge podge but I'll love it anyway :)

Congratulations! Is she your first child?

Kids are awesome. In about four years you will be able to justify a lot of LEGO purchases.

Screw that, stock up on sets now just to be safe.

We are moving...sometime. We honestly have no idea. It all depends on when my wife gets a job and finishes school. We are still in an indefinite holding pattern. My spaceship MOC also wouldn't be TOO large. Maybe 1000 pcs tops. I just want to make a spaceship, which I haven't done since I was a kid.

Also, Hive Crawler strikes again! YAY!

Also sorry to hear typing is still a challenge, but you are getting better, correct? The Claw of Doom on your hand is working?

Looks cool so far.

Looking forward to pics of the spaceship! And yeah...I actually didn't know about the Hive Crawler legs until I finished. I'm serious. An amazing surprise after a seriously inspired build.

The Claw of Doom helps me use the hand to about 40% capacity, yeah...which is a huge improvement over 0% I will find out in a couple of months if there has been any nerve regeneration.

Finally picked up my Ecto-1

It was a fun little build. I think I spent more time trying to build the Proton Packs than anything else. For some reason I had a hard time getting everything connected with the whip.

Congratulations! Is she your first child?

Kids are awesome. In about four years you will be able to justify a lot of LEGO purchases.

Screw that, stock up on sets now just to be safe.

Thanks! She is :) My wife and I already started looking at some of the Lego Friends sets for her. I know she has some years to go before touching them but at least she would have a few waiting for her.

Thanks! She is :) My wife and I already started looking at some of the Lego Friends sets for her. I know she has some years to go before touching them but at least she would have a few waiting for her.

Smart man. Don't be afraid to branch out-my eldest daughter was nuts over Monster Fighters before we lost her to Friends exclusively.

I have been racking my brain on how to get the wings for the Space MOC in my head to become reality. Well, the angle I want them at at least. And then how to attach them to the ship and keep it stable. I had a few ideas and looked at angles on technic pieces, and was never happy.

But then I stumbled on these parts when rummaging through parts.

4543263.jpg

Yeah. Perfect angle. The fun of just digging through parts and getting a eureka moment.

leng jai

This set was one of the rare times I applied stickers :)

I put on the first sticker crooked for the windscreen on the mini ships and then I was just like ....nope. There are still 3 of the space logos printed on the bricks so I think it looks far better sticker less. Most of them look tacky to me.

Top Bottom