• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Have you tried bricklink? Thats where I got mine from.
Pretty much the only LEGO I've been buying recently are CMF boxes ;)

I keep looking on Bricklink, but the prices there are too high. I used to pick up these boxes for 100 euros! But somehow LEGO decided not to sell series 11 in the Netherlands except from S@H.

I really want the recolored mermaid from the minifigures... I am not attracted too much to the rest of the set for now, but know I will love most of it near release. This set though has alot of nice facial expressions.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

R-User!

upjLAvel.jpg

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
My first Lego set as an adult. It's mint and unopened.

I'm pretty excited, I think I got it for a good price.

I'd like to save it for christmas but I don't know if I can wait...

Congrats on the SSD! Someone needs to post the picture. Can't from my phone.

Calm Killer

CMF Series 12: The LEGO Movie

90xyvJc.jpg

Overall very lackluster, but there's quite a lot of interesting individual parts and prints. Very few I want multiples of in this series.

I think this series feels lackluster because many are generic and tied to characters we don't know. Many of the prior series taps into well known archetypes, stereotypes, characters, myths, etc. After seeing the movie, some of us may grow attached to the characters and by association these seemingly uninteresting minifigs.

Very sad not to see classic spaceman, but looks like CMF was saved for new minifigs. I expect one of the sets to have a classic spaceman.

Top row, left to right:
Calamity Drone - Nice to have different dress prints and not sure if that hair has been done in that color yet.

Gail the Construction Worker - Interesting they put what looks like hair with the helmet. I wonder if there's a pigtail in the back. Otherwise, why create a new mould? I make female versions by just putting a generic hat on a female head. Benefit of female hair is now you can take a generic face (no male or female indications) and make it a female construction worker.

Abraham Lincoln - I like it. Not much reuse possibilities unless beard is separate which I really hope, because a stovepipe hat and separate beard would be exciting for me. Yeah, I have a boring life.

Larry the Barista - Hairpiece looks new to me. Anyone else concur? Would have liked it if it was a cloth apron.

http://statigr.am/p/365416942284489721_9604527
9664da225ac411e2a3eb22000a1fbdaa_7.jpg

EDIT: I found this apron from rorosplay on Instagram. This is his creation. Please give him credit if posting elsewhere.

Panda Guy - PANDA!!! Very excited to see this is being made.

Velma Staplebot - New hairpiece or at least in a new color. I expect to see more 50's style CMF minifigs with that hairstyle.

William Shakespeare - Not super excited, but I really like it.

Taco Tuesday Guy - Series 2 mariachi guy in different colors. I like it.

Bottom row, left to right:
"Where are my pants?" Guy - Nice t-shirt print. Nothing else going for it.

Wiley Fusebot - Beard and hair are interesting pieces. Will be nice to make unusual minifigs.

President Business - I'm always interested in different suit prints. Hard to see much use for that hair.

Wild West Wyldstyle - I like the dress print. Very nice. She's kinda hawt for a minifig. Again, I have a boring life.

Hard Hat Emmet - Considering distribution of recent CMF series, I expect 12 of these in each box. Well, really 6, but wouldn't surprise me.
Looks like he has hair attached to his helmet like the female counterpart.

Scribbe-Face Bad Cop - Smart phone.

Mrs. Scratchen-Post - New hair color I think. Like the face print.

Marsha Queen of the Mermaids - I didn't know Katy Perry was in the movie. Cool. Rawr. Someone must have accidentally put Friends ABS plastic pellets in the mould machine by accident.

Disassembly of the Halloween display begins soon. Initial ideas of Christmas display are in my head, but had a great idea for something fun for it. Now to see if I have the right color in the right quantity to pull it off. LEGO Gingerbread House. :)

shadow29

Neo Member
I'll be honest. I always wanted an LEGO Abe Lincoln. As to why, I don't know. But I'll have two for an evil Lincoln as well. Maybe use the Superman face with the glowing red eyes

ghostmind

70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair (738pcs; $89.99; Lord Business, Emmet, Vitruvius, Pa Cop, Ma Cop, El Macho Wrestler, Biznis Kitty)

OTUpOG2.jpg

This theme is insane, and I love it!

Calm Killer

70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair (738pcs; $89.99; Lord Business, Emmet, Vitruvius, Pa Cop, Ma Cop, El Macho Wrestler, Biznis Kitty)

OTUpOG2.jpg

That bottle of toothpaste is amazing.

They can't stop messing with the printing. Both the rebel pilots in this year's sets (75009 & 75014) are different and it's going to change again next year. It's really annoying when you are looking for consistency.

But every pilot puts on their gear slightly differently. You don't want it riding up in uncomfortable places.

EDIT:

PSA! Amazon has Dolphin Cruiser for 20% off right now. On sale for $55.99! The only way to get white ship hull pieces. As a bonus, you get a really fun set as well. BUY IT!

41015_alt1.jpg

But every pilot puts on their gear slightly differently. You don't want it riding up in uncomfortable places.

I wish they'd at least implemented the new visor printing earlier.

Also if you've watched the new trailer for the LEGO movie 100 times you've probably already caught this apparently Paradisa and Heartlake City are in there. And Octan is like everywhere.

YdAnWIe.png

jpatez34

Neo Member
Update on my final dream haul..... it ain't happening :-(

Completely forgot that I purchased some pretty big sets earlier on in the year and therefore had reached my annual limit. Damn me and my forgetful brain!!!

On brighter news I'm liking the Series 12 LEGO Movie Mini-figs (Panda Guy!) and the 2 sets look cool too.

Here's hoping I find a new job soon so I can buy more sets.

shadow29

Neo Member

Also if you've watched the new trailer for the LEGO movie 100 times you've probably already caught this apparently Paradisa and Heartlake City are in there. And Octan is like everywhere.

Well Octan is awesome. Being an evil corporation will never change that fact :p

R-User!

Haunted Halloween

Left view
MlIWmnzl.jpg

Laser Punch
gDxSqHxl.jpg

The Gathering
iKVqO6Vl.jpg

Hell Hoverboat
jZZsVkPl.jpg

Ghost Train Stationed
vQfSEjWl.jpg

ReLegomated Warg Tree
GgoHg0Kl.jpg

Turn down your lights folks!!!

Glowing Ghosts!
KSKvtlrl.jpg

You lookin' at me?
ZfJgSlwl.jpg

Kom... Join ahs!!
aC1Gewql.jpg

The Right Side of Hell River
76vx97ll.jpg

Vampyre Shadows!
17laBafl.jpg

Edit:
Bonus Pic
Red House!
u2taJTml.jpg

OTUpOG2.jpg

Yes, it's like a twisted parallel City Theme. I keep trying to figure out what makes Lord Business' helmet. Soo many nice pieces in the set too.

That Biznis Kitty with go great with an acid trip MOCs I make.

R-User!

Awesome work R-User!

Thanks for the kind words guys! :)

I give credit to my son for building an awesomely sturdy and cool looking set of floating Train Tracks, Steps up to the River complete with Alien Spaceman CMF guarding a secret black revolving door that leads to the Hellhover boat, and for populating the castle grounds with all of the Halloween party-goers; and the Laser Punch. :)

He also built the short long wall around the front yard of the HH leading to the back right of the display. That helped the 3-4 inches of the overhanging 48x48 plate from bending; which would loosen the hold of the tree.

We actually finished building HH the night before Halloween, and we worked on the concept of the set a little, and then together we spent about 4 hours in total I would say on getting everything as ready as we could to have it ready to display on our entrance-way.

I put flames coming from HH's chimney and tip of the roof, and I told my son we should have the Mad Scientist serving Laser Red Punch from his laser ray set. I didn't get a picture of the electrified punch, but the concept was still cool. :)

I'll post a few more shadowy pics from the display before we begin to take the set down on the 11th to get ready for whatever Christmas Madness that will drive us in there!

Perhaps --- A Creepy Christmas???

R-User!

YdAnWIe.png

It says on a banner: SMILE! . . . . . . . AND BUY MORE STUFF!

Calm Killer

It is! Although it's actually a tube of Krazy Glue, but you say tomato, I say Krazy Glue. Close enough you know.

So the evil Lord Business really does "freeze" his assets when they're underperforming, huh?!

You sir are correct. I was so excited and amazed by the build I didn't even read what it said. It is completely amazing.

Calm Killer

Via Brickset

u318rp8.jpg

Ladders used as the rails for the top. Keeps the car in place. I wonder how they keep the ladder in place. I am sure you can just snap them in, but is that a legal use? The cars are the same build which is a bit disappointing. You get a nice business suit of out it though. Solid set all around.

Top Bottom