• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/powerpig/10558933224/

Nice Atari 2600 model!

10558933224_98b9654c0a.jpg

I never realized how much Atari 2600 looked like LEGO. Someone should make an Atari 2600 out of LEGO.

Notice the original Space minifig complete with broken chin strap on the helmet! Amazing detail!

My poor red and white spacemen always suffered this fate.

I had to look up what you guys meant...I still have 15-20 original Space figs and none of the helmets are even beginning to break. These guys were played with when I was a kid...I'm surprised it is apparently so widespread.

Edit: although their faces are hella chewed. Apparently my teeth were the original brick separator.

I had to look up what you guys meant...I still have 15-20 original Space figs and none of the helmets are even beginning to break. These guys were played with when I was a kid...I'm surprised it is apparently so widespread.

You didn't play with them right. :)

EDIT: How old were you when you first got those minifigs? I was 7 or 8 ish.

Got the interior of my Gingerbread House completed. Just need to do the roof now.

Christmas tree

Candy furniture. I wanted the floor to look like chocolate and gingerbread or graham crackers. I ran out of brown, so had to go to reddish brown and some peppermint patterns.

Inside of front door, complete with peppermint curtains and candy cane pillars.

Different colored candy curtains on every window. Maybe they are fondet or something.
Tried to make the tables like peppermint with the clear pole being sugar.

Gumdrops around the outside. Candy cane awning.

Whole lotta sugary goodness on the front door.

Yeah, they have been in lots of sets... not sure why I thought they might be new.

The Gingerbread House is looking great!

The arches look new because of the color. Gotta say, buying only a few Friends sets has helped a lot with getting bright candy colors for this MOC.

And thank you for the comment.

R-User!

Yes, as has been said, you're Winter Village Gingerbread House is coming along QUITE nicely. Love the chairs, love the floor, love the curtains, love the door.
Love the design overall. :)

I am impressed with how seemingly fast you work.
How much total time put in so far?

Can't wait for MORE!

Edit:
kind of accidentally saw them as and now mostly can't unsee peppermint nipples on front of building, lol. :/ I'm not the only one right?.... Right?! *nervous* :/

Edit:
kind of accidentally saw them as and now mostly can't unsee peppermint nipples on front of building, lol. :/ I'm not the only one right?.... Right?! *nervous* :/

I, uh, thought that as well as I was putting them together. I can easily swap them out for something else, but cannot figure out what. If I had the dish pieces that were swirls I would use those, but I need something there or the front looks VERY bare.

Got the interior of my Gingerbread House completed. Just need to do the roof now.

Whole lotta sugary goodness on the front door.

Nice work. I have tile envy. So many tiles in colors I don't have.

I recognize those signature Friends curved pieces which 1/2 of Heartlake City buildings use.

Is anyone looking for the BR exclusive figure? I can pick up a bunch for $4 each which is lower than Bricklink price, but only until I leave in about three hours.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
http://www.playminifigures.com/

Registration for the beta of the upcoming MMO, LEGO Minifigures Online, is up now.

Thought you guys might be interested.

Thanks! Signed up.

I've only briefly played Lego Universe during a beta test. It was extremely laggy - players jumped around, picking up stuff didn't get acknowledged, etc. It seemed very basic, but I didn't play enough to tell if that changes, and I certainly didn't get to try out the feature where you could actually build something.

I know some folks here are trying to Bricklink the SW UCS ships. Looks like one of the rare pieces has made another appearance in a modern set:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-SERIOUS-PLAY-Connections-Kit-2000431?fromListing=listing

Those grey riggings that SigfriedFM was talking about appear to be in this $750 set....

Apparently his source was very dependable. There are a lot of parts I like in that set. Will be interesting to see how this affects the BrickLink/after market price. I would imagine a lot of resellers would pay the extremely high price of that set just for reselling purposes (that is if they are able).
So many parts I want from that set, but definitely not a consumer friendly price.

I'm having a hard time not thinking about boobies with this pic. :)

Yeah. I am changing that later. No idea to what though.

Add some supports. *snickers*
Lots of things, cupcake, cookie, gumdrop, candy cane (last resort), etc.

I was thinking. Sure, this set has the riggings but in grey and not the standard black used for ships? And why take up production of an old part simply for a glorified parts pack?

I think they're being clever. I think we will see actual ships this year (although perhaps more likely a ship for Metal Beard rather than a revival of the entire pirate theme). That pack is a way to cash in on the UCS crazies rather than letting BL sellers charge crazy prices, just like when they added the dark blue arches to the WV market.

Rootbeer

Banned
Snagged a 41005 Heartlake High for $34! I love amazon warehouse deals :3 Boy I sure have a lot of pink and pastel bricks these days :p

Soooo tempted, but holding off for closer to 30% off for train. If Hive Crawler is still 24% off, I probably will cave by this weekend. 31% for Silver Mine Shootout is extremely tempting too at that price, but it's much lower on my list of maybes to get if on good sale.

Amazon is the top place to get LEGO for me now. Well, Walmart too when they are having price wars. Amazon delivers a lot more discounts regularly compared to Walmart though. Target has good sales once in awhile too. Poor Barnes & Nobles has fallen off my list of places to get LEGO. Only once in awhile with a coupon I will get something, but they jacked up their prices a bit so it's not as competitive anymore. Once my B&N membership expires, I will not renew. LEGO store is a must since it has PAB, exclusives, and giveaway promotions, but they don't have many sales.

Amazon, Walmart, and Target oh my!

ghostmind

I find myself purchasing more and more from the European Amazon stores. Often their price cuts are steep, combined with no VAT and low shipping.

I find myself purchasing more and more from the European Amazon stores. Often their price cuts are steep, combined with no VAT and low shipping.

yeah... but an initial base price/MSRP that is WAY higher than the US ones though :(

most of the time i'd rather take a 30% cut off a US set than that same EU set at 50% off or something

Toys R Us Black Friday Ad has leaked. The best deals seem to be Town Square for $75 and Republic Gunship for $80. The LEGO Batman movie is also $5 if you want a cheap way to get Clark Kent.

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Toys-R-Us?search=lego

Some good deals. Hope they have decent inventory on those. I'd like to get some of the LEGO games sets I don't have. Police one is a good source of the $100 tiles. Those games make decent parts packs when they are on clearance.

CMF Series 12: The LEGO Movie

90xyvJc.jpg

I just realized those robot minifigs may be a great source of zombie hands. They look like light bley. I have a few zombie limo drivers with the one hand brown. Now with some extra zombie heads I can create quite a few more zombies.

Falch

Nice! One of my favorite sets I've built recently. Such a great display piece, wish more of the LoTR and Hobbit sets were as display worthy.

Yeah that's why I actually bricklinked most other Hobbit minifigs; the sets just don't really appeal to me.

wetwired

I finally put together "The Bat" from this cuusoo entry where he provided the instructions. (not my photo below, I'll post one with my Tumblers tomorrow)

thumb640x360.jpg

It was a highly frustrating build, it is very, very fragile, there is pretty much nowhere to safely pick it up without very easily breaking whole segments loose. It looks great even with a few modifications I had to make to due lack of pieces but it's insanely annoying how fragile it is.

Hopefully I can make a few changes to try and improve it somewhat but there's pieces (the thin arms that join the "engines" to the cabin that a barely connected at all. They're joined by a single clip connected to....fuck it, it's too hard to explain, here's the picture from his instructions that show how delicately it's connected, there's nothing connecting it on the other end to the engine itself. It's a feat to even get it in that position and stay let alone trying to pick the whole vehicle up and move it.

027.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned
heh - So I just got into work (pretty straight-laced corporate environment/company), but I have one of the Star Wars planets sitting on the shelf in my cubicle. A guy just walked by and was like, "Another Lego fan?" Then proceeded to tell me he applied to take the Lego factory tour in Billund. small world

It was a highly frustrating build, it is very, very fragile, there is pretty much nowhere to safely pick it up without very easily breaking whole segments loose. It looks great even with a few modifications I had to make to due lack of pieces but it's insanely annoying how fragile it is.

That connection looks incredibly frustrating! Just looking at it makes me wince.

neonglow

I think they look great in a crazy way. There's a ton more flying vehicles than I expected from this theme. The only unfortunate part is there are no licensed characters in these sets. I don't think the classic spaceman is in any of these sets either.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
That's a lot of flying vehicles! The garbage truck looks amusing with its jaw action. I wonder if the fire truck mech actually transforms?

Too bad about the lack of Batman and Classic Space guy.

Top Bottom