• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Experien

LEGO in July

9rT17LN.jpg

Free Flashback Shredder polybag (5002127) (1st - 20th): North America only; available at LEGO stores or via S@H with a purchase of $75 or more.

Been saving my next purchase for this guy...

ghostmind

The August store calendar for North America will be out in the next day, and it may have the Cosmonaut (astronaut) promo in it. Let's wait and see.

And it seems that there are plenty of ways to make Cafe Corner (more) affordable if you're prepared to switch out obsolete parts for newer versions... :D

DemiMatt

So, um... this just happened.

firebrigade_x2.jpg

Saving them for a rainy day. Either I make a profit or someone becomes really, really happy.

So where?!?! I've been trying to get one for my GF sine last year. We actually bit the bullet and bought one for 280 earlier this year but got frauded via Amazon (not them but a seller on there).

I saw that thread before but didn't look like it was used much...I may have to go through my CMFs and see if I have something to trade. Ill let you know about the PAB though thanks.

So jealous...Id love to get into the modulars someday. The plan is to make a small city for my kids (5/4/1 yrs old) and I to play with, but I keep finding sets that I want for display pieces, ie. Ghostbusters/BTTF Delorean/Unexpected Gathering, that also feed into my other likes cars/movies

Activity is practically none in the marketplace thread, but I've purchased a few PAB cups from others on it for stuff I couldn't find at my LEGO store. I've also sent PAB stuff too. I actually have a few PAB cups for others. I need to PM them and see if they are still interested; otherwise, I'll probably try to sell them for profit.

Speaking of PAB, I stopped by the LEGO store and found many of the new PAB elements.

This guy already took photos of the items I saw at Costa Mesa location.

http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=&t=10913#p85813

The limited it to a small cup for the horses because demand was so high. I was able to fit 9 horses in a small PAB cup then filled it with a bunch of the trans lt blue jewels and 1x2 pink plates.

I also filled a large cup with the stairs and put a bunch of filler with it. I grabbed stuff I thought would be gone very soon. I will go back tomorrow for the shredder giveaway and buy tons of the new colored plates.

EDIT: I forgot to mention they will be having weekly LEGO store sales starting on Thursdays and ending on Sundays. It was mentioned here they had one this past weekend. I suspect it's to clear inventory out. It's a bit different than the usual clearance type sales I've seen in the past. The sales will be for slower moving items.

I am using his photos since they are better than mine.

Some items he didn't show that I thought were worth mentioning. The window frames and panes have been there for a couple weeks.

So where?!?! I've been trying to get one for my GF sine last year. We actually bit the bullet and bought one for 280 earlier this year but got frauded via Amazon (not them but a seller on there).

Sweden. There's one left with a slight tear in the box at retail ($250) so I doubt it's worth the effort of sending it over.

I got mine for about $15 off when I pointed out the shelfwear.

Eklipsis

I'm just going to come out and say it. I find your new avatar very unsettling.

I'm hoping we get that spaceman...I'm not a turtles fan so the Shredder fig does little for me.

I'm a fan of the turtles in a sense, like I'd like to have a set of the turtle mini figs and that's it....they give me a little nostalgia because I used to like them a lot as a kid so they always will hold a special place for me. I'd still rather get the spaceman.

I'm a fan of the turtles in a sense, like I'd like to have a set of the turtle mini figs and that's it....they give me a little nostalgia because I used to like them a lot as a kid so they always will hold a special place for me. I'd still rather get the spaceman.

I got Leo in the new small set, Don+Raph in the Baxter set which is on sale at S@H, and then Mike separately (although he's in a small set too). The sets kind of suck (even uglier versions of their original toys) but the characters themselves are great. Just get the versions without remade costumes (or, god forbid, the movie versions).

DemiMatt

Sweden. There's one left with a slight tear in the box at retail ($250) so I doubt it's worth the effort of sending it over.

I got mine for about $15 off when I pointed out the shelfwear.

Oh boo, definitely not (shipping would be massive). Thank you for getting back to me though! Congrats on the purchases!

Ponn

Banned
That's using your head :)

Yeah, I have the 3 mega figure Things. More pics later. I ran out of steam tonight, lol.

I ended up passing on the Thing and FF characters. I just am not a big of that group. I ended up ordering the new lot with Phoenix, the Decool DBZ figs and the Iron Man hero factory set. Now the wait begins. Can't wait for the new adventures of Lego Deadpool and Vegeta.

ghostmind

My thoughts on the August calendar:

No Cosmonaut set - boooooooo!

As expected, there is the Mini Cooper polybag promo. A $99 minimum purchase to get it though (last year the T1 Camper Van poly required a $75 purchase).

No word if the Mini Cooper poly will be included with early VIP purchases of the full-size Mini Cooper set, starting July 18th.

Free Chima promo polybag with purchases of $50 more, starting late August and continuing to mid-September. I wonder if the September calendar will have the second Chima promo poly?

Another new exclusive set, with VIP access starting August 18th. What could it be?

I'll be moving to Miami in a month roughly, and hopefully if I have a budget it'll be nice to finally be able to go to a PAB when needed.

The only downside is that I need to build up a good income first (here's hoping the new job pays good).

I'd build more MOCs if I had a PAB near me.

I do think very soon I'll start Bricklink-ing for my minifigures once I have a budget. Never done it before but I can easily see the cost saving that comes with it.

SSD is really, really awesome but realistically just like Sydney Opera House I do not have the room for it. I can find room for the ISD though and thats why i'm going for that. It looks really good and the AT AT with snowspeeder would look pretty cool on my desk. Thankfully i'm just not into collecting all the Star Wars sets so my wallet is safe. I would like to get one of the X-wings though and a Millenium Falcon but i'm waiting to see if the rumors of a UCS Falcon are true or not.

I couldn't wait for the UCS rumours to come true. I bought the 7965 Falcon recently. Should arrive soon with my Ecto-1.

My thoughts on the August calendar:

No Cosmonaut set - boooooooo!

As expected, there is the Mini Cooper polybag promo. A $99 minimum purchase to get it though (last year the T1 Camper Van poly required a $75 purchase).

No word if the Mini Cooper poly will be included with early VIP purchases of the full-size Mini Cooper set, starting July 18th.

Free Chima promo polybag with purchases of $50 more, starting late August and continuing to mid-September. I wonder if the September calendar will have the second Chima promo poly?

Another new exclusive set, with VIP access starting August 18th. What could it be?

Hmmm...Mini Cooper is a decent promo bag. The cosmonaut will make it to North America. I know it will. I am willing it to happen.

Sitting here with a Bricklink shopping cart with 2 T-Rexes (each color) a Triceratops, Pteranodon, and orange Raptor totaling $150 and wondering what I'm doing with my life.

ghostmind

Gah! I didn't know LEGO VIP points expire. =(

I was saving up for a UCS Millenium Falcon. =(

Do my points ever expire?
Yes, all VIP Points expire on December 31st two years after the year in which they were earned. Before this happens, the LEGO® Group will notify you via the email address you provided during registration. Members that join the VIP Program via a LEGO Store or phone order, and subsequently do not register their card number online within one (1) year of joining the Program, will have their points expire and their point balance reset to zero.

Hmm, I did not know that - my points never last that long.

Gah! I didn't know LEGO VIP points expire. =(

I was saving up for a UCS Millenium Falcon. =(

They do. I got e-mail giving me a very early warning of mine expiring. This is not the first time I've gotten the warning. I have a good 5 months to use it up before the end of the year.

Sitting here with a Bricklink shopping cart with 2 T-Rexes (each color) a Triceratops, Pteranodon, and orange Raptor totaling $150 and wondering what I'm doing with my life.

Dude, I hope you are talking about the sets and not just the 4 figs. That's crazy (then again I do spend absurd amounts of money on LEGO).

I don't think I've ever done this in this thread, but take a deep breath and rethink what you are doing on this purchase. Usually I advocate giving in to the dark side.

Eklipsis

I love the mini cooper...I'm sure it would be easy to brick link and build it

How much is the bigger version going to cost?

mojiimbo

H6DUVeO.png

Hopefully it's only temporary? Last year Fire Brigade lasted until November or December on the website but the store here stopped getting it around July.

Dude, I hope you are talking about the sets and not just the 4 figs. That's crazy (then again I do spend absurd amounts of money on LEGO).

I don't think I've ever done this in this thread, but take a deep breath and rethink what you are doing on this purchase. Usually I advocate giving in to the dark side.
I may have mis labeled them but it's five figs

Bull T-Rex - $39
Female T-Rex - $49
Triceratops - $29
Pteranodon - $15
Utah Raptor - $19

I'm not gonna drop that kind of coin on them though. I just wanted to see how much the ones I want would cost.

I just... don't care about the sets though. The big compound with the Fem Rex, Raptor, and third weird Dino is like $150 used, and that's only half of the Dinos I want. It would cost waaaay over $200 to get the actual sets. There are admittedly some RAD looking vehicles, but after seeing high quality pictures of the Dinos and building that damned dragon recently and seeing how excellent the build quality is, I really just want the Dinos and nothing else. The printing and the weight and feel of the dragon is unreal compared to some of the shit out there, and all the Dinos just look beautiful.

What sucks is, the seller I found has, for example, the smallest of the Dinos (don't know why my phone keeps capitalizing that) for $10. I can find the actual full set on BrickLink for about $13-16. BUT, they're all from Europe, and would probably cost an arm and a leg to ship over here. The guy I found that had a shitload of them (36 fuckin Bull Rexes WTF) and he's in Ohio, so shipping wouldn't be anywhere near as expensive.

I just want them so bad ;_;

wetwired

Looks like Australia gets the space minifig now! :)

I used up some VIP points :)

order.PNG

I had to get it over the $150 mark for free shipping

ghostmind

As a reminder - these were the ones we already had an image of:

MKwyGe2.jpg

That leaves:

Fairytale Princess
Genie Girl
Hun Warrior
Jester
Lifeguard