• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Exo Suit teaser video:

http://youtu.be/W-bEGspWpb4

EDIT: beaten by namtab37

This is an interesting new path for LEGO. I wonder if the suit could be part of something larger to come?

No "Alien Conquest". No "Galaxy Squad". Just "Space". Bring it back and keep it back. They still have City all the time, and Castle rotates occasionally. But to get Space back permanently would be HUGE for me, and I am sure many others. It would also be the single most destructive line to my wallet.

While on lunch break today I went across the street to the mall to see if the new PAB stuff was in. They didn't get any horses, but I did get a bunch of brown stairs, lime green 2x2 plates, clear red 1x1 tiles, pink and white flowers, and a bunch of other random stuff to filly a large cup before my break was over.

While I was there though, I met what might be my first LEGO Psycho. The woman was there with her kid and was really sweet to him, and was nice to me and gave me a hint on how to cram more stairs into the PAB cup. But the fact that she had family members going to all the LEGO stores in two states that they could to get horses was just insane. She was complaining to me how the staff at other stores are much nicer and know more.
I stopped before apologizing for the staff. The store is less than a month old, and everyone working is inexperienced. They were perfectly nice to me, but you could tell they were nervous because they hadn't gotten into a groove at the job. The lady needed to simmer down about not finding horses at the wall and realize that the staff was made of human beings.

I would rant more about how she talked about the perfectly fine staff, but I am too annoyed thinking about it.

I do need to go through my PAB cup and see what my total haul was though. I used more VIP points and got the cup for cheap. More money I shouldn't have spent. I really do need to sort it before my wife gets home and sees.

While on lunch break today I went across the street to the mall to see if the new PAB stuff was in. They didn't get any horses, but I did get a bunch of brown stairs, lime green 2x2 plates, clear red 1x1 tiles, pink and white flowers, and a bunch of other random stuff to filly a large cup before my break was over.

While I was there though, I met what might be my first LEGO Psycho. The woman was there with her kid and was really sweet to him, and was nice to me and gave me a hint on how to cram more stairs into the PAB cup. But the fact that she had family members going to all the LEGO stores in two states that they could to get horses was just insane. She was complaining to me how the staff at other stores are much nicer and know more.
I stopped before apologizing for the staff. The store is less than a month old, and everyone working is inexperienced. They were perfectly nice to me, but you could tell they were nervous because they hadn't gotten into a groove at the job. The lady needed to simmer down about not finding horses at the wall and realize that the staff was made of human beings.

I would rant more about how she talked about the perfectly fine staff, but I am too annoyed thinking about it.

I do need to go through my PAB cup and see what my total haul was though. I used more VIP points and got the cup for cheap. More money I shouldn't have spent. I really do need to sort it before my wife gets home and sees.

People like that make everyone else look bad :(

That sucks but if anything Lego gets her money which helps fund them being awesome.

My hype for the Exo Suite is out of control after that teaser video. I can't believe they're not only making a story behind the suit but also went as far as to make animated teasers and cryptic pictures. The storyline feels really dark and ominous for Lego too. I would LOVE this to kick off something. I feel like now, they can't just make the suit. There are now bad guys involved. That just begs for multiple sets. There has to be a new Space theme coming, especially with Galaxy Squad on its final days. It's one of their Evergreen themes, anyway.

City
Pirates
Space
Castle

We just got new City, Castle is on the back burner right now because of LOTR/Hobbit, Pirates is next year, let's go Lego. New Space time is now.

Wow. I already consider myself and several in this thread to be LEGO fanatics, so for someone here to call someone a LEGO psycho, that's saying something. :p
Having multiple family members going to multiple stores in two states just for horses, all while talking shit about new employees? Yeah, she was a psycho.

If she were nicer to the staff I would call her a fanatic. But being mean and bitchy is too much.

Eklipsis

So I just googled the exo suit you guys keep talking about and omg that thing is badass....I know what I'll be asking for Christmas. Hopefully it comes with the classic spaceman too.

Ainaurdur

BUY. ALL. THE. MIXELS.

They are cheap and oh so fun to build, and awesome for MOCs. All the entries in the Mixel contest we had were phenomenal.

Bone has spoken!

I went ahead and placed an order for two full sets of Series 2.
I'll keep one sealed to sit on for a while before I make a decision about selling them in the future or just keeping them to create even bigger combined creatures.
Will keep the Flashback Shredder sealed as well, not really interested in him.

Pondering going on Bricklink to get Series 1, not sure how motivated I am for that, though.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Exo-suit reveal; it looks like they're doing it as a kind of classic space redux.

I built 2 new mechs today, took apart the big maroon one and made a blue and orange one. I'll get some pics up toinght or tomorrow.

Pics:
blorange_zps2a6843ef.jpg

blorange2_zpsa2e14a3e.jpg

blorange3_zps3c068876.jpg

wetwired

So anyone going to SDCC this year? I wonder what exclusive minifigs they'll have this time, can't wait for the knockoffs so I can afford them :p

theaface

Add the stuff you want to a wanted list, and then under wanted list you can look at your wanted list 'by shop' in that view you can see what shops have the most of your wanted parts. and you can also quickly see where the shops are located.

Hmmm...there is a want list or something that you can create and find the sellers that have most of the items you want. I have never used it though... etc.

Thank you both for the tips. I'll spend some time on it tomorrow night and let you know how I get on.

Krilekk

Banned
Reading about the Lego Dino sets going up in value fast I remembered I had seen the base camp a while ago. Went there yesterday and whatdoyouknow, set is not only still available, it's marked down 30 % and every Galaxy Squad set is 40 % off and Monster Fighters 50 %. Expensive day but the base camp is paying for it. Also ordered Haunted House from S@H before it's gone.

So anyone going to SDCC this year? I wonder what exclusive minifigs they'll have this time, can't wait for the knockoffs so I can afford them :p

Tickets sell out so fast for this. It's crazy. My wife and I will make it out there some day though! We have another couple that wants to go too, but securing 2 tickets will be hard enough as it is. We've done PAX and Chicago Comic Cons, as well as an EverQuest convention around 12 years ago. We love that stuff.

Ironmask

No Lego for me for a while, someone had access to my paypal account and managed to use my credit card. Spent the whole morning blocking cards and resetting every critical password.
Now while i wait for a new credit card to arrive, i salute the awesomest promo of the year with tears in my eyes, not even the Mini cooper polybag for august will be that cool.

Sucks sucks sucks sucks hard

No Lego for me for a while, someone had access to my paypal account and managed to use my credit card. Spent the whole morning blocking cards and resetting every critical password.
Now while i wait for a new credit card to arrive, i salute the awesomest promo of the year with tears in my eyes, not even the Mini cooper polybag for august will be that cool.

Sucks sucks sucks sucks hard

Ouch, hope you get everything sorted out!
Did you have two factor authentication activated? Any Idea how they got in?

Ironmask

Ouch, hope you get everything sorted out!
Did you have two factor authentication activated? Any Idea how they got in?

I use an unique password and activated the two factor stuff a week ago. The payment was today of 110€ as "Facebook ire" (surely it was some stupid online game) and it wasn't a direct payment but an authorized recurrent payment.
I didn't even know that PayPal could accept payments without me logging in!
I'm pretty sure they hijacked my session yesterday and linked my paypal to someone Facebook account,then today started milking the cow.
I was lucky enough to react immediately but on the hurry i decided to block every linked credit card.
After work i have to spend the whole afternoon finding the malware or formatting everything...

I use an unique password and activated the two factor stuff a week ago. The payment was today of 110€ as "Facebook ire" (surely it was some stupid online game) and it wasn't a direct payment but an authorized recurrent payment.
I didn't even know that PayPal could accept payments without me logging in!

I'm pretty sure they hijacked my session yesterday and linked my paypal to someone Facebook account,then today started milking the cow.
I was lucky enough to react immediately but on the hurry i decided to block every linked credit card.
After work i have to spend the whole afternoon finding the malware or formatting everything...
Neither did I, is there a way to deactivate that? Time to check my paypal settings.

Ironmask

Neither did I, is there a way to deactivate that? Time to check my paypal settings.

You can't deactivate it unfortunately but you can deactivate the single authorization.
So you can check if everything is good doing this

Profile -> Wallet -> "update" on the automatic payment option

This page list every authorized seller. Also a link in the text "authorized payments" lets you deselect the credit cards for this type od payment. (By default everything is checked on)

Hope to have properly translated my italian paypal page

Sorry everyone for the slight off topic

Will the Sea Cow stay exclusive or come to Amazon sometime in the future?

If the former, should i bite the bullet and get it? Can't think of any other exclusive i want right now and i decided i want the cosmonaut ;)

Will the Sea Cow stay exclusive or come to Amazon sometime in the future?

If the former, should i bite the bullet and get it? Can't think of any other exclusive i want right now and i decided i want the cosmonaut ;)

Why not do the online PAB and pick up a ton of semi-rare pieces like stuff in dark blue?

Why not do the online PAB and pick up a ton of semi-rare pieces like stuff in dark blue?

cos i know i probably want to pick up the Sea Cow eventually, and if it's not coming to amazon, it won't ever go cheaper anyway, so i might as well grab it now rather than later hmmm... just not 100% convinced yet, that's all.

Reading about the Lego Dino sets going up in value fast I remembered I had seen the base camp a while ago. Went there yesterday and whatdoyouknow, set is not only still available, it's marked down 30 % and every Galaxy Squad set is 40 % off and Monster Fighters 50 %. Expensive day but the base camp is paying for it. Also ordered Haunted House from S@H before it's gone.
Are you located in the US, and is there any chance that store had more than one of the Dino base camp? Or ANY other Dino sets? Heck at 50% off, which Monster Fighter sets did they have?

My thirst for the Dinos will be my undoing, I know it. Someone on CraigsList in Santa Monica is selling the Trike set for $55 and I've been debating emailing them about it since last night, since the Trike alone goes for like $30+...

Edit: I'll be going to SDCC this year! I'm gonna be doing signings and panels I think but hopefully they won't interfere with any exclusive announcements or giveaways :O

Experien

I'm not looking to collect all the LEGO stuff but at least get myself a T-Rex (preferably green). Got the Triceratops, raptor, and little buggie set so far...Not sure if I need a pterdodactyl set but trying to avoid spending way too much. :/

Might have to bite the bullet and get the $50 T-Rex on eBay.

iuuk

I was going to get the Bike Shop, since I kind of wanted to eventually add to it with the ton of dark red, white and medium blue I have. Then I realized that I could put the same cash towards Cafe Corner pieces.

So now, instead of spending 800 SEK on the Bike Shop and getting the spaceman, I've spent 810 SEK on 1500 pieces + baseplate and still getting the spaceman. PAB online is awesome.

But for the record, yeah, Bike Shop looks pretty neat.
Pic a Brick would have been a great option, I still need some black bricks to make stands for the B-Wing and A-Wing, but of course I went for the Haunted House, because I have no self control :(.

Don't particularly know if I'm going to build it yet, but the no self control thing probably means I'll open it the second I get it.

Pic a Brick would have been a great option, I still need some black bricks to make stands for the B-Wing and A-Wing, but of course I went for the Haunted House, because I have no self control :(.

Don't particularly know if I'm going to build it yet, but the no self control thing probably means I'll open it the second I get it.

You made the better choice. I spent another €200 to collect more pieces on Bricklink...

Edit: Actually, scratch that. You made the wiser choice. We'll both end up with 2000+ piece Lego builds so it's a pretty good choice either way.

I'm not looking to collect all the LEGO stuff but at least get myself a T-Rex (preferably green). Got the Triceratops, raptor, and little buggie set so far...Not sure if I need a pterdodactyl set but trying to avoid spending way too much. :/

Might have to bite the bullet and get the $50 T-Rex on eBay.
The T-Rex set is $113 on amazon warehouse deals. Keep an eye out as they drop sometimes.

Ponn

Banned
alright what gives? EU Amazon does NOT have it :(

Revenge for EU getting all the cool Square Enix collector editions. I wrote a strongly worded letter to Amazon.

So Lego GAF, say I had a friend who was interested in maybe getting a X-Wing set and given the huge difference in price between the UCS and the regular set right now is the UCS set still worth it?

I hope that tiny tank-ish looking thing is part of the set.

With all the excitement for Peter Reid's Exo-Suit check out his flickr out if you haven't already. It has a lot of photos related to book he co-wrote, "Lego Space: Building the Future", where the exo-suit came from. Bunch of photos of the tiny tank-ish robot in there too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/legoloverman/

Also check out his LEGO Space book.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1593275218/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Experien

With all the excitement for Peter Reid's Exo-Suit check out his flickr out if you haven't already. It has a lot of photos related to book he co-wrote, "Lego Space: Building the Future", where the exo-suit came from. Bunch of photos of the tiny tank-ish robot in there too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/legoloverman/

Also check out his LEGO Space book.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1593275218/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Is the book any good/fun? I've been on the fence about it and hear that a lot of these books leave much to be desired.

Is the book any good/fun? I've been on the fence about it and hear that a lot of these books leave much to be desired.

I don't own the book nor have read it. It's one of the few LEGO books that I consider buying. The designs and builds are amazing based on the Flickr photos. My interest in the book is mostly from seeing the space photos he has on Flickr. I am in awe of the greeble Peter puts into the space MOC sets used in the book.

Top Bottom