• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

K3RvAUy.jpg

Three more of the CMF Series 12 revealed: Piggy Guy, Prospector, and Spooky Girl.

Those mascot animal CMF's are always crowd pleasers. I'm glad they are keeping them mostly open faced when possible. It's much more fun to mix and match with the face showing. Even the worst of the mascots are decent.

Spooky girl is nice. Pretty close to what I was expecting (girl in Beetlegeuse or something like in the Adams Family). We can probably expect spooky boy in the future as long as CMFs continue.

Prospector dude is ok, but will be good once I put santa beard on him. I'm not a fan of that beard that comes with him.

Zerojul

Love those new CMFs. Spooky Girl will fit right in the Haunted House. Piggy Guy is just too good :)
Ordered the Ultra Agents Infearno set and the Lego Movie Flying Flusher to get free shipping and my first "classic-space" guy. Will make sure to get at least a second one before the end of the promo. One weak is very short though, and I kind of wonder what to get next...

Love those new CMFs. Spooky Girl will fit right in the Haunted House. Piggy Guy is just too good :)
Ordered the Ultra Agents Infearno set and the Lego Movie Flying Flusher to get free shipping and my first "classic-space" guy. Will make sure to get at least a second one before the end of the promo. One weak is very short though, and I kind of wonder what to get next...
Aw I logged in to s@h but it's a shredder promo. Don't care for that one.

I think I'll go into the Lego store this morning after I get my hair cut and try and feel our the rest of the Lego Movie cmfs I need. That should come to £15.i just need something for £10. Hmm what to get though?

I think I'll go into the Lego store this morning after I get my hair cut and try and feel our the rest of the Lego Movie cmfs I need. That should come to £15.i just need something for £10. Hmm what to get though?

They still have The LEGO Movie CMFs in your LEGO store? I understand different markets have different release dates, but I'm still surprised your LEGO store has them since the movie released several months ago.

This did as of a couple of weeks ago. Whether they actually have the ones I need, we'll have to see. I actually saw a whole bunch of series 11 at forbidden planet (in leeds) on Sunday. That was a surprise.

Rootbeer

Banned
They still have The LEGO Movie CMFs in your LEGO store? I understand different markets have different release dates, but I'm still surprised your LEGO store has them since the movie released several months ago.

My local Walgreens has a nearly full box of Movie series CMF that's been untouched for about three weeks.

They put the box out after a box of Simpsons CMFs sold out... not sure how that happened.

I have bought everything in store that is presently available, apart from Rescue reinforcements, pet shop and the Parisian restaurant. I want to save these for over £70 polybag or double vip points. So I ended up getting the log cabin. There is what I'm guessing is an old Lego logo on the top of the cosmonaut box. Pretty cool.

6B3bX3o.jpg

NA2DBKj.jpg

Zerojul

I have bought everything in store that is presently available, apart from Rescue reinforcements, pet shop and the Parisian restaurant. I want to save these for over £70 polybag or double vip points. So I ended up getting the log cabin. There is what I'm guessing is an old Lego logo on the top of the cosmonaut box. Pretty cool.
That box is insanely nice.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Does anyone know of or have any experience with 3d printing bases for minifigs? I have a big collection forming on my desk, and it'd be nice to have something I could attach them all to for display. There's a guy here with a 3d printer so it'd make sense. I wouldn't use it for bricks, but a long plate or shelf might be useful and work decently enough.

Milchjon

Is there a reason why the Simpsons on the TV Episode have to look a Million times better than their real minifigs?

What's with the terrible heads?

iuuk

Ok, what to buy to get the space promo?

My options:

1: Go for a small €30 set, pay for shipping, get the promo, which set(s)?
2: Go for a somewhat bigger €55 set, don't pay for shipping, get the promo, which set(s)?
3: Go for the haunted house, even if I don't know whether or not I want it, but the thought of wanting it after it goes OOP is killing me.

Ignoring option 3, since it's obvious, which sets are good for option 1 and 2?

Ok, what to buy to get the space promo?

My options:

1: Go for a small €30 set, pay for shipping, get the promo, which set(s)?
2: Go for a somewhat bigger €55 set, don't pay for shipping, get the promo, which set(s)?
3: Go for the haunted house, even if I don't know whether or not I want it, but the thought of wanting it after it goes OOP is killing me.

Ignoring option 3, since it's obvious, which sets are good for option 1 and 2?

I was going to get the Bike Shop, since I kind of wanted to eventually add to it with the ton of dark red, white and medium blue I have. Then I realized that I could put the same cash towards Cafe Corner pieces.

So now, instead of spending 800 SEK on the Bike Shop and getting the spaceman, I've spent 810 SEK on 1500 pieces + baseplate and still getting the spaceman. PAB online is awesome.

But for the record, yeah, Bike Shop looks pretty neat.

Damn I feel foolish, I thought the cosmonaut set was like, a BUNCH of spacemen. Like a little collection of reprinted blue red white yellow etc. But I guess that was just a picture of the timeline. The actual set is still awesome though!!

Hope that rumor about Exo-Suit tomorrow is true! I'm reeeeeeeeeally looking forward to that one.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Was the release ever confirmed for the Exo Suit? Going to be ordering something to get the Cosmonaut, but would be awesome if I could get both at the same time.

Rootbeer

Banned
Damn I feel foolish, I thought the cosmonaut set was like, a BUNCH of spacemen. Like a little collection of reprinted blue red white yellow etc. But I guess that was just a picture of the timeline. The actual set is still awesome though!!

Hope that rumor about Exo-Suit tomorrow is true! I'm reeeeeeeeeally looking forward to that one.

First time I saw it I did as well. It's awesome for a free set but I'd pay money for some classic space re-releases... LEGO has to know the renewed interest the theme has particularly after The LEGO Movie.

Hoping for another Space-theme very soon. Galaxy Squad was great but we need more!

theaface

Hey LegoGAF,

So, I'm getting married in just under 10 weeks, and absolutely love this idea for favours:

http://jaysbrickblog.com/2014/03/16/how-to-make-your-own-lego-wedding-favours/

I need some help or advice with making sense of Bricklink though. I can easily find pages of heads, legs and torsos, etc. but I can't seem to find an intuitive way to find UK sellers of parts I like.

Would really appreciate your thoughts on how you'd approach this. I think most of the heads and hair pieces will be the same, but I'd like a real assortment of legs and torsos. Budget is a factor, so I'd like to avoid super rare parts and minimise the number of different sellers where possible.

Thanks all.

Hey LegoGAF,

So, I'm getting married in just under 10 weeks, and absolutely love this idea for favours:

I need some help or advice with making sense of Bricklink though. I can easily find pages of heads, legs and torsos, etc. but I can't seem to find an intuitive way to find UK sellers of parts I like.

Would really appreciate your thoughts on how you'd approach this. I think most of the heads and hair pieces will be the same, but I'd like a real assortment of legs and torsos. Budget is a factor, so I'd like to avoid super rare parts and minimise the number of different sellers where possible.
aMtOHDil.png

Thanks all.

Add the stuff you want to a wanted list, and then under wanted list you can look at your wanted list 'by shop' in that view you can see what shops have the most of your wanted parts. and you can also quickly see where the shops are located.

Hey LegoGAF,

Thanks all.

Hmmm...there is a want list or something that you can create and find the sellers that have most of the items you want. I have never used it though.

In terms of finding the parts you want and/or the minifigs I would look under

Items For Sale: Minifigs: Town
http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp?itemType=M&catString=67

You can also check LEGO Pick-A-Brick online. Choices are very limited and can be pricey compared to some deals you can find on Bricklink (if you can find a single source).
http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Pick-A-Brick-11998?_requestid=6402433

cassidyarch

Neo Member
x0CLCQN.jpg
[/QUOTE]

AMAZING package! I'm hoping the nostalgia for Classic Space brings us a line of Classic Space in the future.

That booklet is killer--but I have beef with the spaceman timeline. First page is awesome, but then, Insectoid robot (a robot baddie--not a "Space" man), a Life on Mars guy (I would argue that first line of Mars stuff was more City than Space), a City Astronaut, and an Earth Defense guy (again, more City than "Space").

Where's my Blacktron I dude? Blacktron II, Ice Planet, Space Police I, II, or III, those Badass Robo-force guys with the transparent helmets--Exploriens! Where are my goddam Exploriens!? All those guys are more "Space" than these last four.

Still, just being picky. I want this box.

Ainaurdur

I'm continuing to assess my purchase roadmap for the last few LotR/Hobbit sets I still want... and randomly decided to look at the Mixels page.

I have no idea why I suddenly think I might want to buy the set of Orange/Brown/Blue. What is the general consensus on the series here? I won't expect much beyond just having them as quirky display pieces, but is the iOS game any fun?

I'm continuing to assess my purchase roadmap for the last few LotR/Hobbit sets I still want... and randomly decided to look at the Mixels page.

I have no idea why I suddenly think I might want to buy the set of Orange/Brown/Blue. What is the general consensus on the series here? I won't expect much beyond just having them as quirky display pieces, but is the iOS game any fun?

BUY. ALL. THE. MIXELS.

They are cheap and oh so fun to build, and awesome for MOCs. All the entries in the Mixel contest we had were phenomenal.

Top Bottom