• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Eklipsis

14558776444_3ced9e0e56.jpg

HHHNNNGGGGGGGGGG

This may be a dumb question but does that say available august 1st 2014?

This may be a dumb question but does that say available august 1st 2014?
Yeah, available in Germany August 1st, so it'll likely be available everywhere by then. The reveal has got to be this week, within the next day or two? Apparently there's a brick convention or something this weekend that they're speculating the reveal will happen at.

Also, another report says that it'll come with more than one figure. I'd assume both of the figs from the teasers, hopefully a bad guy too!!

So I just saw that the 1966 Batman TV show will be released on BluRay and DVD this November... and Lego teased that 1966 Batmobile a couple months ago....

Hmmmmmm....

Eklipsis

Yeah, available in Germany August 1st, so it'll likely be available everywhere by then. The reveal has got to be this week, within the next day or two? Apparently there's a brick convention or something this weekend that they're speculating the reveal will happen at.

Also, another report says that it'll come with more than one figure. I'd assume both of the figs from the teasers, hopefully a bad guy too!!

OK thanks....who would have thought at 30yrs old I'd be so excited about new Lego?!

So if your design gets picked/ sold for Lego ideas does the design get bought from you by Lego or do they give you free stuff or a shopping spree or anything?

wetwired

My god if it's 2 classic space in different colours I'll lose my shit and buy 100, hopefully black and another colour on top of the white that's out with the poly...box? now.

Ponn

Banned
So I just saw that the 1966 Batman TV show will be released on BluRay and DVD this November... and Lego teased that 1966 Batmobile a couple months ago....

Hmmmmmm....

People have been saying UCS Tumbler and I seriously am more leaning towards this with that teaser. The Nolan movies are old news and the Tumbler is not as iconic as classic Batmobile.

wetwired

The previous UCS wasn't really based on any of the film incarnations, it was somewhat like Keaton era but not a direct reproduction.

I'd be happy with either batmobile to be honest

Fowler

UCS Tumbler would be an insta-buy for me. Anything else... I'd have to think about it*.

* Translation: I will cave, just after a day or two.

What happened to those rumors that it was really gonna be a Lego movie Batwing UCS?

I may be in the minority here but this option would have my preference as well...

If they do LEGO Movie Batwing, it should include instructions for the alt build of the LEGO Movie Batmobile.

A few more of my Wave 2 Mixel Max creations from the Brickset comp. Love what some people have come up with!

Waltzing Xenomorph

Lucky Poochiano

Musashi
Fantastic.

I may be in the minority here but this option would have my preference as well...

Well count me in as well for that, hell gimme ANYHTING Batman but a Tumbler...

I wonder though, that WAS a pretty solid rumor, a couple weeks back, so something came up that i missed where the Tumbler possibility is now back on the table?

If they do LEGO Movie Batwing, it should include instructions for the alt build of the LEGO Movie Batmobile.

My thoughts too. My first choice would be the tumbler, but if they do any other Batmobile, I will cave and buy it anyway. If they do the Lego Movie Batwing, the only way I would buy it is if there was an alternate build for the Movie Batmobile. I watched the movie again the other day, and I actually like that Batmobile.

9781465422866_p0_v1_s600.JPG

I just got an email about this book coming out. I had no idea about it until now.

Created in close collaboration with The LEGO Group and Adam Reed Tucker, LEGO® Architecture visionary, LEGO Architecture: The Visual Guide takes a deep look at the artists, builders, and inspiration behind the LEGO Architecture series. Beautifully illustrated and annotated, this visual guide allows you to explore the LEGO team's creative process in building and understand how LEGO artists translated such iconic buildings into these buildable LEGO sets.

Stunning images and in-depth exploration of the real buildings like the Guggenheim™ or the Empire State Building, on which the LEGO Architecture series is based, provide you with a comprehensive look at the creation of these intricate sets. Learn why the LEGO team chose certain pieces and what particular challenges they faced. Read about the inspiration behind the creative processes and what designing and building techniques were used on various sets.

Featuring profiles of the LEGO artists and builders who created the series and packaged in a sleek protective slipcase, LEGO Architecture: The Visual Guide is the ultimate illustrated tour of the LEGO Architecture series in all its micro-scale detail.

Sounds pretty cool.

iuuk

So, as I said I recently ordered the Haunted House at S@H, and tried to pay by bank transfer, but firefox quit out on me while ordering, so I thought 'ok, why pay by bank transfer anyway, let's just order again with my credit card".
The problem is, today I got my second shipment notification (different orders) and I didn't pay the first one, since I didn't even know it existed.

Has anyone got any experience with this? Usually bank transfer orders need to be paid before they're shipped, and I sincerely hope they didn't charge my credit card twice.

iuuk

Even if they did charge your card twice, can't you just send the second order back and get it refunded?

Or just hold onto it a few more months and sell it for more money.

Yeah, it's not a huge problem, but I would like to know what's coming ;). It wouldn't be the first time I got a bill or charge I completely forgot (or didn't know) about.

Might indeed hold on to it and sell for a profit once it goes OOP. I can really use the profit of both the hh and the space minifigure to go towards buying the mini, ghostbusters and exo-suit. LEGO is producing way too many must have sets.

LEGO store weekend sale.

Looks like it's mostly Friends, TMNT, and Super Hero sets on sale at the LEGO store "flash" sale for the weekend. 20% off various sets, and surprisingly on several newer sets.

Hulk smash lab, the Flash set, Doc Ock heist, Joker set, etc.

I ended up buying the Toys R Us TMNT exclusive for $40 (20% off) so I could support my LEGO store and say eff U to TRU.

EDIT: Sale will end Sunday at closing. I think they may continue to do this for a few more weeks.

LEGO store weekend sale.

Looks like it's mostly Friends, TMNT, and Super Hero sets on sale at the LEGO store "flash" sale for the weekend. 20% off various sets, and surprisingly on several newer sets.

I ended up buying the Toys R Us TMNT exclusive for $40 (20% off) so I could support my LEGO store and say eff U to TRU.

EDIT: Sale will end Sunday at closing. I think they may continue to do this for a few more weeks.
Ooooooo. I haven't been in to work yet this week so this is news to me. I was gonna get Town Hall for the Shredder promo but now I might get the Turtle Sub, Hulk Lab, and Riddler Chase sets instead.

DECISIONS DECISIONS.

mojiimbo

LEGO store weekend sale.

That's crazy. Hope they get to LOTR before they stop doing these. I still need another Black Gate and all the rest of last year's wave.

It looks like the exo suit is going to be quite a different colour from the cussoo model. They are teasing something big so I will be slightly disappointed if it's just the exo suit to be honest. (I'll still be getting it day one)

Ponn

Banned
I've been pretty regular here for at least a year but I have to say the demand/response for Exosuit seems really strong and out of nowhere to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, it looks really awesome and I will definitely get one, maybe even 2 depending on price. Is it because of the classic space theme? Since Benny and Lego Movie that has been non-stop. Lego would be nuts not to capitalize on that and make a new theme for 2015. Pirates and Space themes for 2015.

Ooooooo. I haven't been in to work yet this week so this is news to me. I was gonna get Town Hall for the Shredder promo but now I might get the Turtle Sub, Hulk Lab, and Riddler Chase sets instead.

DECISIONS DECISIONS.

Turtle sub also has extra VIP points I think plus your discount if it applies to sales, they will be paying you to take the set.

It looks like the exo suit is going to be quite a different colour from the cussoo model. They are teasing something big so I will be slightly disappointed if it's just the exo suit to be honest. (I'll still be getting it day one)

It will have a minifig at least, classic space most likely. I also expect one of those little robot bugs too.

Turtle sub also has extra VIP points I think plus your discount if it applies to sales, they will be paying you to take the set.

It will have a minifig at least, classic space most likely. I also expect one of those little robot bugs too.
Yeah for these kinds of sales out discounts stack. If it's like a busted box discount it won't work but as long as the set rings up at the lower price, we get our discount too. It worked on Galaxy Squad and the Dragon Castle set so in assuming it'll work with these too!

Also if the rumors are to be believed the Exo-Suit comes with at least two minifigs.

Ponn

Banned
Oh man, Lake Town Chase AWD for $35. If the rumor is true of a new set combining with this i would definitely want it.

I don't know if anyone here cares (first post in this thread) but a ton of evidence and leaks have come out over the last few days pretty much confirming the return of Bionicle for 2015. Pretty excited since it was the only LEGO line I ever went crazy for.

Top Bottom