• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

My first post in this thread as well, after nearly two years of lurking. It's nice to finally be able to speak to you all!

I'm curious about the UCS Falcon. Are there any useful sites that walk someone through the process of ordering all of the pieces needed to build this beautiful, enormous masterpiece?

I've finally hit a point in life where I can start investing back into Lego, which has always been my favorite hobby. I keep reading rumor that a new UCS Falcon is being cooked up, which makes me worry that I should just wait and see how it turns out instead.

I've been spoilt the last few weeks after having my 30th birthday. Received the Lego Movie Ice Cream Truck, Imperial Star Destroyer, Millennium Falcon, Captain America vs Red Skull and the Lego Movie bluray: Everything is awesome edition.

I also have Ecto-1 set to be delivered next week.

It's been a fun few weeks. I should post photos.

My first post in this thread as well, after nearly two years of lurking. It's nice to finally be able to speak to you all!

I'm curious about the UCS Falcon. Are there any useful sites that walk someone through the process of ordering all of the pieces needed to build this beautiful, enormous masterpiece?

I've finally hit a point in life where I can start investing back into Lego, which has always been my favorite hobby. I keep reading rumor that a new UCS Falcon is being cooked up, which makes me worry that I should just wait and see how it turns out instead.

I haven't built the MF but several other rare, OOP sets. Expect to pay a lot. Just the basic, common parts will cost you roughly 10 cents a piece. Then there are rare pieces like the satellite dish and the climbing nets. People know that these are needed for a complete MF and charge according to demand. In most cases you can choose another colour and save lots of cash, but you're not getting the exact real thing.

The actual process of buying is rather simple. You can add all pieces to a set to your wanted list on Bricklink. Then you just sort by shops with the highest number of parts you need, buy all the ones that have a reasonable price (you can decide on a max price), cross those off your list and repeat.

There are some pitfalls though. You might want to collect a smaller set first to figure it out. For example it's easy to get blinded by a huge seller that seemingly has everything you need, but overall has higher prices. There is no function to automatically pick the best combination of sellers.

Toys R Us sale on Simpsons CMFs: 2 for $5.

Two offers per customer means a total of 4. The sign in the store didn't say any limit so I asked if there was a limit. I guess she was a manager because she told me I could get a box. There were 3 boxes out with 2 full ones. I ended up getting only 12 for the deal. I had to do 3 separate transactions because computer only let 4 be discounted at a time.

I think the supply finally has exceeded the demand (at least in some locations). My local LEGO store hasn't run out of them in a couple weeks. Also, school is out so the store is packed with parents and kids when I go during lunch. I was filling PAB cups for a bit and didn't see anyone check out the Simpson CMFs at all.

Few spot checks on eBay and I've seen them go for around MSRP (less too).
I probably should have taken a whole box for $2.50 per pack. I think we'll see a glut of Simpson CMFs and some more decent sales. Aftermarket prices will probably remain low, but I think if LEGO doesn't do any future LEGO Simpsons and there are no more to be found in retail store, the prices will rise. Maybe not as much as the LEGO Dino theme sets, but I think it will be a similar effect (except there will be a huge aftermarket inventory to drain first).

http://toysnbricks.com/usa-toysrus-has-lego-simpsons-minifigures-5-for-2/

leng jai

Just finished watching the Lego Movie on blu-ray. Even better the second time. The audiovisuals are pretty much perfect which is a relief because I remember the movie sounding pretty meh at the cinema I saw it in.

Watching it again highlights how Benny's Spaceship is 1:1 with the film version while the Construct-O-Mech looks nowhere near :(

Just finished watching the Lego Movie on blu-ray. Even better the second time. The audiovisuals are pretty much perfect which is a relief because I remember the movie sounding pretty meh at the cinema I saw it in.

Watching it again highlights how Benny's Spaceship is 1:1 with the film version while the Construct-O-Mech looks nowhere near :(
Also bummed that for whatever reason they shrank the back wheel of the Super Cycle. Why?

Zerojul

Welcome ! I'm playing the waiting game for a new UCS Falcon too. Ordering each piece from BrickLink is possible but like SiegfriedFM suggested it's an expensive and tedious endeavour, especially if you want your parts to be 100% like the original model (color, mold).

wetwired

Speaking of the lego movie, I saw it in movies twice and the scene where the
millennium falcon comes along
I distinctly remember being during sunset, yet I saw a downloaded copy *ahem* and it was set during the day. Anyone else remember what time of day it was for them?

Zerojul

Speaking of the lego movie, I saw it in movies twice and the scene where the
millennium falcon comes along
I distinctly remember being during sunset, yet I saw a downloaded copy *ahem* and it was set during the day. Anyone else remember what time of day it was for them?

I have yet to watch the BR version but in the movies I'm pretty sure it was at sunset, yeah. Weird.

Dear Lego:

Fuck you, and your annoying practice of CONSTANTLY bringing out must have sets, that no reasonable adult human being without a shit ton of money and a crapload of time at their disposal can actively keep up with as it deserves to be kept up with!

Respectfully,

Winnie the Pimp

ghostmind

Exo-Suit reveal!

http://youtu.be/VbMOf9Zwnpk

lHPsQR8.jpg

Additional set pictures and details forthcoming!

Wow, that's an awesome idea, to introduce a new CS space colour. And getting two at once helps to get started. I bet people will be buying multiples of these.

I'm getting one for sure. Actually more excited for the figures.

Ponn

Banned
Green is my favorite color, this is fate.

I have a sinking feeling this is going to be at least $50. I would imagine with alot of what looks like technic and other pieces that are probably more costly to produce then just normal bricks and plates they want to charge more for the set. I have a feeling with them already producing Benny they probably thought throwing a couple classic space figs in the set would justify a higher cost. Just my pre-price reveal guess and bracing for a high price/low piece count. Could be wrong and I would be pleasantly surprised, after all Ecto 1 was a great value.

Zerojul

Green is my favorite color, this is fate.

I have a sinking feeling this is going to be at least $50. I would imagine with alot of what looks like technic and other pieces that are probably more costly to produce then just normal bricks and plates they want to charge more for the set. I have a feeling with them already producing Benny they probably thought throwing a couple classic space figs in the set would justify a higher cost. Just my pre-price reveal guess and bracing for a high price/low piece count. Could be wrong and I would be pleasantly surprised, after all Ecto 1 was a great value.

I thought it was pretty much confirmed that it'd be $34.99/34,99€...

Ponn

Banned
I thought it was pretty much confirmed that it'd be $34.99/34,99€...

I haven't heard anything in regards to pricing. If that's the price thats fantastic, I will definitely be picking up 2 then.

edit: Also anyone know if this is Lego Store exclusive or will be available mass retail?

kapowza

looks great, I like the wee tachikoma style robot.

Pulled the trigger on the haunted house yesterday, looking forward to it arriving and getting stuck in. Will probably lead to a very expensive set of purchases in the future :/

34,99 would indeed be perfect!!!

I felt that the Ghostbusters one was a TAD expensive, but when i was done building it, that thought was somewhat put into perspective as there were a ton of nice pieces in there and a quality manual etc.

I like how they have visors. The newer helmets without visors always seemed like a "oh, we wanted to do Classic classic but we couldn't bother to do it properly, so..." thing. Now there's a point to them at least.

I might bring out my yellow spaceguy from the old collectible set and give him a visor to go with these guys.

Zerojul

I like how they have visors. The newer helmets without visors always seemed like a "oh, we wanted to do Classic classic but we couldn't bother to do it properly, so..." thing. Now there's a point to them at least.
Agreed 100%. That's the only thing that annoys me a little with the Classic Spaceman 5002812 freebie (still an awesome collector's item, though).

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Here I was splooging at the idea of reissuing some of the classic colours and they go and give us a new one. I'll probably end up buying like 3 of these :)

My thoughts exactly. I...I'm so pleased with this. I had zero interest in the Exo Suit because I had no expectation of them including Classic Space figs but now....wow.

I think I might get two. I don't need more figures but it would look cool to have other spacemen in them. And I'm pretty sure people will want to buy extra greens.

Ainaurdur

Green classic space men, but later 80s helmets. Badass.

And "I think I know how to get past those pirates." Are we going to get a Space Pirates theme now? I am reading too much into it. I am wishing too much.
I had the exact same thought when she said it, Bone. We can dream together.
I am also thinking I may want at least two of these.
Though I'll be curious to see how many of these pieces I already own from other sets to cobble one together, probably a modified version as needed.

Top Bottom