• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

Got my spaceman and Chima freebies..

ErFtv5J.jpg

Congrats! R2 is one of my favorite sets, and a permanent fixture in my den.

Toys R Us sale on Simpsons CMFs: 2 for $5.

Two offers per customer means a total of 4. The sign in the store didn't say any limit so I asked if there was a limit. I guess she was a manager because she told me I could get a box. There were 3 boxes out with 2 full ones. I ended up getting only 12 for the deal. I had to do 3 separate transactions because computer only let 4 be discounted at a time.

I think the supply finally has exceeded the demand (at least in some locations). My local LEGO store hasn't run out of them in a couple weeks. Also, school is out so the store is packed with parents and kids when I go during lunch. I was filling PAB cups for a bit and didn't see anyone check out the Simpson CMFs at all.

Few spot checks on eBay and I've seen them go for around MSRP (less too).
I probably should have taken a whole box for $2.50 per pack. I think we'll see a glut of Simpson CMFs and some more decent sales. Aftermarket prices will probably remain low, but I think if LEGO doesn't do any future LEGO Simpsons and there are no more to be found in retail store, the prices will rise. Maybe not as much as the LEGO Dino theme sets, but I think it will be a similar effect (except there will be a huge aftermarket inventory to drain first).

http://toysnbricks.com/usa-toysrus-has-lego-simpsons-minifigures-5-for-2/

Thanks for the heads up. Girlfriend and I hit up the local TRU for this deal. Searched and high and low and couldn't find the figures at all, turns out they kept the box at Customer Service for some reason.

I went 4 for 4 in my hunt, picked up Homer, Apu, Ralph, and Ned.

All the GF needed to complete her set was Apu, Wiggum, and Milhouse. She only got Wiggum and ended up snagging another Lisa.

Green Classic Space minifigs... The first new color in over 25 years, I believe?

Or would these be termed Neo Classic?

I think Neo Classic should be used since they are associate with the mech. Thinking more about it, all reissues should be referred to Neo Classic since they all have the new helmet piece.

The reveal was awesome. I like how they did it in black & white. I don't think anyone suspected it was done to hide the new color. I was assuming it was going to be a white Neo Classic spacemen.

Hoping they really bring back classic space as a theme. Maybe they could do a few without bad guys and just do space exploration much like the current artic theme except in space.

Eklipsis

is there a list with pictures of all the figures over the years? I have a bunch that im trying to match up how they originally came.

is there a list with pictures of all the figures over the years? I have a bunch that im trying to match up how they originally came.

You could identify the "somewhat unique" pieces and search them on Bricklink.

This torso for example:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=973pb1416c01

You can see on the right how many sets it appears in, and if you click the link it will take you to a list of all of those sets with images of the figs.

That's how I rebuilt all my original 1977-1983 figs.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
is the spaceman exclusive to certain countries?
i´m in germany and on s@h they only add the chima figure to the basket...
is it not available in germany?

I got it from the NL store, but I don't see the offer on the shop anymore despite it being a 7 day offer iirc. Guess it sold out.

ruxtpin

Banned
Not I, but I just ordered the the motorcycle chase set from the Lego movie and 2 of those big city police helicopters from Amazon. I think I can use a bunch of pieces from the helicopter sets for the police station modular that's been pending for several months.

I love love love the exo suit. It makes me think I need to get a second white astronauts so I can have two of them to match the two greens.

Oh and a space pirate theme would be immense.

Eklipsis

Perfect thank you

You could identify the "somewhat unique" pieces and search them on Bricklink.

This torso for example:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=973pb1416c01

You can see on the right how many sets it appears in, and if you click the link it will take you to a list of all of those sets with images of the figs.

That's how I rebuilt all my original 1977-1983 figs.

Yeah! I have a few I dont even know how to categorize so this is a great idea. Thanks

wetwired

is there any better pics of the suit? I'm already thinking of converting one to classic blue/grey/benny's spaceship colour scheme

Ryuuroden

Some sets went on clearance.

I was wondering if anyone who was able to get an extra Millennium Falcon could help me out.

a lot of those sets listed wern't on clearance at the 4 targets I went to. Hell 2 of the targets had zero of those sets at clearance, they were still at full prices. The other 2 stores had some of them on clearance but the good sets like Millenium Falcon and Gunship were still full price, hell almost all star wars was still full price, I hate my area. I did get 7 sets all but 1 of them for parts at 50% off. The only good one really was Aviation Adventures of the ones I got but I did save like a total of almost 200 dollars so it was all worth it i guess. The rest of the sets I never would have bought if they weren't 50% off. At two of the Targets even the old shit that went on clearance everywhere else in the nation like a month ago, the chima shit, was still full fucking price. I guess I live in some sort of information blackhole when it comes to discounts. The Targets never get the memo telling them to discount that stuff. And its totally not like its selling at full price either.

You guys seen this b4? http://rebrickable.com/mocs/Sergio512/ghostbusters-headquarter-v2

MOC-1719.jpg

is there any better pics of the suit? I'm already thinking of converting one to classic blue/grey/benny's spaceship colour scheme

I'm tempted to do a super sentai version of the suit, have a 5 color exo suit team :D ready to save the world from people dressed in monster suits.

Ponn

Banned
I have a weird question. So I got some sets with the intention of making an Independence day scene. Due to some problems and medical issues I just haven't been able to work on those sets and put it together. Should I backlog those sets at this point? I have the Lego White House, Alien Abduction and Tripod sets still boxed and haven't even put my Mothership back together. I got other sets to work on so its not like I have nothing to build, i'm just looking at these boxes and not feeling it now since July 4th is over in 20 minutes.

neonglow

I stopped by my local LEGO store and managed to get 19 horses to fit in the large PAB cup. I used a bunch of 1x2 tiles and 1x1 round bricks to fill up the rest around the horses.

Must buy set

Buy. Now. One of the best sets last year.

Awesome playset, but the build is awesome too. Definitely a tip top experience from start to finish.

The best set of the Lone Ranger theme, and one of my Top 5 sets for 2013. Highly recommended.

Even if you don't care for the theme/characters, buy the set anyway and integrate it into whatever past or future Western sets you buy.

Well it looks like I'll have to to get it then haha I can get it brand new on eBay for about £35. The stagecoach looks lovely and I can get that for £20. I'll have to be quick on the constitution train as it seems to be going up in price. It is a great theme. Shame it's already been retired.

Well it looks like I'll have to to get it then haha I can get it brand new on eBay for about £35. The stagecoach looks lovely and I can get that for £20. I'll have to be quick on the constitution train as it seems to be going up in price. It is a great theme. Shame it's already been retired.

Lone Ranger sets IMO are great looking sets. I have only built a couple, but I have the big ones in by backlog.

This is how I see the Lone Ranger sets:

- Awesome set designs
- Nobody cares about the main minifigs because movie stunk (I haven't seen movie, but just heard it stunk).

On the opposite spectrum, the TMNT turtle cartoon sets:

- Ugly set designs (could put some blame on cartoon design)
- Awesome minifigs that everyone wants

I expect the TMNT sets to be more like the Lone Ranger sets. I'm expecting those sets to make it into the clearance aisles in the future. :)

After hearing how bad it supposedly was, i was pleasantly surprised by how great it actually was when i saw Lone Ranger... It was a surprisingly dark (for a Disney movie) Western with a ridiculously fun finale!!

And yeah the sets are great too, i have the Coach and the Mine and both are great!

Made a few visits to the LEGO stores over the last two weeks; sadly only one coincided with the White Spaceman being available. Here we have my hauls;

1. Red and Black brick desk storage things and a couple of PABs.
2. B-wing and a couple more PABs.
3. Race car, 2 PABs earnt Chima bag and Spaceman.

Think I might go back today as I suddenly decided I need more stairs and they had some windscreens I can use for a project I am toying with. But... I did this last night... so not sure or I have to sneak it into the house if I do.

Wz9Y3nx.png

After hearing how bad it supposedly was, i was pleasantly surprised by how great it actually was when i saw Lone Ranger... It was a surprisingly dark (for a Disney movie) Western with a ridiculously fun finale!!

And yeah the sets are great too, i have the Coach and the Mine and both are great!

Here's what Quentin Tarantino had to say on LR:

Tarantino is known for his leftfield opinions, but few commentators saw his passion for Disney's The Lone Ranger, a critical dud and the year's biggest box office flop, in the tea leaves. "The first 45 minutes are excellent," enthused the director of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. "The next 45 minutes are a little soporific. It was a bad idea to split the bad guys in two groups; it takes hours to explain and nobody cares," he admitted. "[But] then comes the train scene—incredible! When I saw it, I kept thinking, 'What, that's the film that everybody says is crap? Seriously?'"

I watched it after building the silver mine and I would agree. Now I want the constitution train badly.

In other lego news, UCS R2-D2 arrived today and will be built this morning.

Also, I'm heading to Brickfete in 2 weeks. This will be my 1st lego event. Has anyone here gone before? What should I expect?

It's funny how you can build two superficially identical models with almost completely different pieces. There's only a few design choices that carry over. On the other hand I'd assume that the original was nowhere near stable enough for a Lego build.

Hmmm, I'm thinking that the 1x1 circle tiles on the shoulders would be easy to switch out to other colours and coordinate with the drivers.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Hmmm, I'm thinking that the 1x1 circle tiles on the shoulders would be easy to switch out to other colours and coordinate with the drivers.

I'd say so. I'm not a fan of the barrel arms either, so i'm tempted to mod it a little anyway. Other than that, im happy.

Having the model as a framework it'd be great seeing everyone's "personalised" versions I think.

Also, I'm heading to Brickfete in 2 weeks. This will be my 1st lego event. Has anyone here gone before? What should I expect?

If I can arrange it I will try and go-I've gone the last two years. It is VERY busy but there are hundreds of amazing MOCs. There's a guy with a massive Classic Space MOC (10+ feet square) who always goes.

Lots of vendors if you want custom pieces, old sets or individual figs too!

I thought The Lone Ranger was excellent. Did definitely sagged in the middle and could have had about 20 minutes chopped off of the running time but I still loved it. American reviewers really want to town on it for some reason. So disappointing as it was (for a Hollywood blockbuster) quite a fresh film.

If you get the chance definitely watch it. I think it's even on Netflix now and sky on demand here in the uk

I'd say so. I'm not a fan of the barrel arms either, so i'm tempted to mod it a little anyway. Other than that, im happy.

Having the model as a framework it'd be great seeing everyone's "personalised" versions I think.

Oh yes. I'm already thinking of specific modifications. I think once I get the instructions, I'll piece together alternative versions.

Alright, so I just bought a house (yay!) and one of the things I always told myself was that I'd one day have a storage/craft room for all my childhood Lego. Personally, I'm a believer in the divide-by-part school, which means I'll need a TON of tiny drawers. I'm thinking about buying a bunch of these stack-on 39 drawer sets (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HJBA1W/?tag=neogaf0e-20) once they get back in stock for cheap on amz. I figure I'll probably need some bigger drawers for basic bricks, since I presume I have a ridiculous number of those from across the years.

Does anybody have any specific sets of drawers or other pieces of organizational kit they've found really helpful? I think these will mostly be in a closet (my guess is i'll figure out some system to remove chests as necessary). Feedback much appreciated!

Ravek

Banned
Alright, so I just bought a house (yay!) and one of the things I always told myself was that I'd one day have a storage/craft room for all my childhood Lego. Personally, I'm a believer in the divide-by-part school, which means I'll need a TON of tiny drawers. I'm thinking about buying a bunch of these stack-on 39 drawer sets (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HJBA1W/?tag=neogaf0e-20) once they get back in stock for cheap on amz. I figure I'll probably need some bigger drawers for basic bricks, since I presume I have a ridiculous number of those from across the years.

Does anybody have any specific sets of drawers or other pieces of organizational kit they've found really helpful? I think these will mostly be in a closet (my guess is i'll figure out some system to remove chests as necessary). Feedback much appreciated!

They seem to be in stock now at a decent price.

Also, I like the side by side shot of the Exo Suits together. I plan on buying three, as long as the rumored price stays true.

Top Bottom