• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Experien

Picked up the Hulk Smash and TMNT T-Rawket set at LEGO store yesterday. GF got a two mini-train sets so I could get my Flashback Shredder. Quite excited...

Who is going to buy multiplayer Exo-Suits to customize?

kapowza

the official suit looks excellent, the only thing I'd change is to bring the cockpit/harness thing further down over the shoulders.

Dunno how many here follow the Lego sub-Reddit, but the designer of the official Exo-Suit (Mark Stafford, Lego_Nabii on Reddit) was on there yesterday talking about the redesign in the comment thread here: http://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/29tas5/lego_ideas_exosuit_finally_revealed/

Some interesting bits are that the original was extremely fragile and only lasted about 3 seconds, due to an extreme use of single stud connections particularly in the arms. The barrel arms were used to hide extra connection pieces inside for better stability. He does wish he could have changed the color of the barrels, but he didn't have any color changes remaining (Lego Ideas apparently allows a very limited amount of color changes). The Green Spacemen came about as they only had three choices they could use since all pieces of the minifig (legs, arms, and torso) had to be in production with the same solid color at the time due to the aforementioned lack of color changes available. Blue, black, and green were the only choices. Blue was too obvious, black would blend in too much, so they went with green. The visors meanwhile were a nod to the original designer Peter Reid, who's always put visors on his spacemen. Also the turtle bot almost made it into an official set previously as Reid and Stafford are friends.

The big thing to me is that the suit's planned for just a single production run. So if you have any interest in it at all, it's best to grab it ASAP as if the hype has any basis this is going to fly off the shelves. Definitely going to get one myself, it looks too badass to skip.

iuuk

So, how does LEGOGAF feel about morality? It looks like my creditcard wasn't charged for my second haunted house (might still be, I don't know) and I haven't gotten a bill to pay by bank transfer.

Should I email LEGO to let them know, or should I keep the second HH and hope I don't get charged (and if I do take my 'loss' and sell later when it goes OOP). If this were Amazon or some company like that I wouldn't think twice and hope for a potential profit, but LEGO usually has great customer service and isn't a bad company as a whole. On the other hand, there is this potentially free Haunted House (and space bonus).

If you are reading this, LEGO, please give me the heads up to keep it, I can really use the potential profit to pay for your Mini and Ghostbuster sets.

So, how does LEGOGAF feel about morality? It looks like my creditcard wasn't charged for my second haunted house (might still be, I don't know) and I haven't gotten a bill to pay by bank transfer.

Should I email LEGO to let them know, or should I keep the second HH and hope I don't get charged (and if I do take my 'loss' and sell later when it goes OOP). If this were Amazon or some company like that I wouldn't think twice and hope for a potential profit, but LEGO usually has great customer service and isn't a bad company as a whole. On the other hand, there is this potentially free Haunted House (and space bonus).

If you are reading this, LEGO, please give me the heads up to keep it, I can really use the potential profit to pay for your Mini and Ghostbuster sets.

Contact them and let them know.

Ainaurdur

The big thing to me is that the suit's planned for just a single production run. So if you have any interest in it at all, it's best to grab it ASAP as if the hype has any basis this is going to fly off the shelves. Definitely going to get one myself, it looks too badass to skip.
Absolutely certain to place my S@H order as soon as I can.
I am currently lamenting not grabbing the Curiosity Rover when I had the chance.

Ryuuroden

Target has a ton of stuff at clearance by me in Chicago. Republic gunship for $80, among others.

Gunship was 60 dollars here.

Pics of haul, most of the Star Wars came from the motherload target I found today.

14394412447_46734db81e_k.jpg

14580077612_0b76200e0a_k.jpg

Millennium Falcon was 70 dollars ;0 I was never going to get it but I can't ignore 50% off. Also I already own the republic gunship so if there is someone here who wants one for 60 dollars let me know. I don't know what shipping would be but I live in Ohio so can do pickups too. If not, I got it for parts anyways. Everything was 50% off.

Those Exosuits look too damn cool!

I finished the LEGO set from Dark Knight Rises of Bane's Tumbler and the Bat. Had a few guest stars appear!

Poor Emmet ':3 said:

I feel weird about putting decals on stuff because in my head I feel like I'll probably reuse these pieces and then where do I put the decals after sticking them on?

Dunno what to get next. Maybe the SPACESHIP because I still miss my little astronaut minifig...

Zerojul

Also I already own the republic gunship so if there is someone here who wants one for 60 dollars let me know. I don't know what shipping would be but I live in Ohio so can do pickups too.
How much would it cost to ship it to France ;)
I wish I could find such good prices around here though. Dropship is 140€ for crying out loud. Fuck you, Europe.

Ryuuroden

How much would it cost to ship it to France ;)
I wish I could find such good prices around here though. Dropship is 140€ for crying out loud. Fuck you, Europe.

I can find out, if you're serious. Probably the best way would be to open up the gunship box and ship all the instructions and bags in a smaller box to save cost on box size. That way it could go in a smaller standard shipping box.

Zerojul

I can find out, if your serious. Probably the best way would be to open up the gunship box and ship all the instructions and bags in a smaller box to save cost on box size. That way it could go in a smaller standard shipping box.

Ho I'm very serious but I can't imagine getting it without the box. If you can ship it intact in the original package for less than say $105 total (that's $60 for the gunship + $45 for shipping) I'm totally game :)
PM if that's ok for you and much thanks anyway for even considering it ;)

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Two to play with, one to lock away confirmed.

Pics of haul, most of the Star Wars came from the motherload target I found today.

Millennium Falcon was 70 dollars ;0 I was never going to get it but I can't ignore 50% off. Also I already own the republic gunship so if there is someone here who wants one for 60 dollars let me know. I don't know what shipping would be but I live in Ohio so can do pickups too. If not, I got it for parts anyways. Everything was 50% off.

How much was the clearance price on Aviation Adventures? Not like I can get it till later next week because of yesterdays bank holiday xP

21109 Exo-Suit by Brickset, on Flickr

It's beautiful. No price yet I dont think but i'm going to buy multiples regardless.

Holy crap. Do you know where you will be able to get this? Normal stores?

They seem to be in stock now at a decent price.

Also, I like the side by side shot of the Exo Suits together. I plan on buying three, as long as the rumored price stays true.

What's the rumored price :eek:

Ainaurdur

9471 @ $30 yay or nay?

Uruk-hai army

They were bred for a single purpose... to destroy the wallets of men!
Isn't that MSRP? I'd say if you want them, go for it. Can always use more Uruk-Hai and Deeping Wall extension!

Also, I finished building Hive Crawler today!
But as I start having him skitter across the desk, I notice that his middle leg on the right side catches when moving forward. It doesn't while going backwards. And the left middle leg seems mostly fine. It feels like I might have done one of the steps incorrectly, or is it just not a perfect design? I don't remember reading anybody here talk about this issue, so it must be a fault of mine.

Ryuuroden

Ho I'm very serious but I can't imagine getting it without the box. If you can ship it intact in the original package for less than say $105 total (that's $60 for the gunship + $45 for shipping) I'm totally game :)
PM if that's ok for you and much thanks anyway for even considering it ;)

The different shipping sites I've checked out all point it to being over 50 dollars for shipping due to the size of the box and that's if I find a box the same size as the actual Lego box. I think I would rather stick to anyone in USA who is interested and maybe Canada.

Zerojul

The different shipping sites I've checked out all point it to being over 50 dollars for shipping due to the size of the box and that's if I find a box the same size as the actual Lego box. I think I would rather stick to anyone in USA who is interested and maybe Canada.

Of course. Thanks again for cheking :)

Damn. I would have bought for $60.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
But as I start having him skitter across the desk, I notice that his middle leg on the right side catches when moving forward. It doesn't while going backwards. And the left middle leg seems mostly fine. It feels like I might have done one of the steps incorrectly, or is it just not a perfect design? I don't remember reading anybody here talk about this issue, so it must be a fault of mine.

Mine does this - I think the way to fix it was to actually loosen up a few of the connections.

mojiimbo

That probably means it's going to be an online exclusive like the submarine, satellite and mars rover, then. :-/

July was supposed to be my off month!!

Turtle Sub
Riddler Chase
Joker Steamroller
Hulk Lab

All 20% off, total came to $75.96 so I just barely got the Flashback Shredder. Guess Town Hall has to wait!

Nah, I was thinking of the mech from Killzone 2/3 when making it.

I do wish I had enough parts to do a Voltron-style supermech.

Ahh, I remember that from Killzone 2. I think that's the one level that I remember fondly besides the one where you have the lightning gun.

I predict myself buying lots of Exosuits to strip apart and try to make a crazy mecha with that too. Maybe fuse it with the DKR Bat to make a Batmech!

neonglow

I'll definitely spend over $100 in August to get that Mini Cooper polybag. It'll either be 3 Exo Suits or 2 Exo Suits & 2 Research Institutes.

Ponn

Banned
So I just created a seller page on Bricklink and put some mini figs and a LoTR Eagle up for sale. How deep into Lego am I now?

edit: For those that use bricklink to sell items. I'm only selling like a handful of mini figs to mainly get some parts of bricklink to build a proper Iron Man armory. Do I have to be all proper business like and include invoices and such with each mini fig i sell?

Ainaurdur

Has LEGO ever put a customer purchase limit on these "LEGO Idea" sets?

Ecto-1 and the DeLorean are both at a Limit of 5, and the Minecraft set has a limit of 2 right now.
There have been other sets that get limits placed on them as well over the years. I'm not sure if S@H keeps track of all recent orders and won't let you make multiple orders, or if it's just the limit per order, and then you could make 2 orders of 5 sets each, for example. I have never had a reason to find out.

I'm guessing the initial limit for the Exo-Suit may be 3-5.

neonglow

Ecto-1 and the DeLorean are both at a Limit of 5, and the Minecraft set has a limit of 2 right now.
There have been other sets that get limits placed on them as well over the years. I'm not sure if S@H keeps track of all recent orders and won't let you make multiple orders, or if it's just the limit per order, and then you could make 2 orders of 5 sets each, for example. I have never had a reason to find out.

I'm guessing the initial limit for the Exo-Suit may be 3-5.

LEGO does keep some type of tracking especially if you keep buying multiples of the same set. Several members on Brickset got labelled as resellers and have been banned from purchasing from the online LEGO Shop. They're able to make an order but every order they make automatically gets cancelled.

Top Bottom