• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

kapowza

can't wait for the instructions for the exo-suit to hit the web. I think I've got enough bits lying around to cobble together a fucked up multicoloured version before I get the real one.

Started the Haunted House last night, quite surprising that you make a load of wee furniture bits first and then start the house itself. I particularly like the human heart in a bell jar.

I just checked my VIP points and I'm sitting at 599. FFFFFFF one more point and I'll have $30 saved up!

I wonder if/what this weekend's sale items will be? They've done Star Wars, City, Castle, TMNT, Marvel/DC, and Friends... I'd assume Chima, Ninjago, and... jeez I dunno, the other City/Heroes sets that weren't discounted in the last rounds? I can't imagine they'd discount Technic or Architecture, and the Exclusive sets never ever get discounted, so.. huh..

All the SW stuff that was discounted were from this year. I'd guess they'd do the older sets next, but those all got discounted during the May the 4th weekend.

Maybe it was just the first two weeks of the month?

Have any images leaked of the next minifigures series?

Just a few

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119014160&postcount=13540
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119016062&postcount=13543

MKwyGe2.jpg

K3RvAUy.jpg

Ryuuroden

I heard that it may be only 100,000... Which seems more reasonable for a single production run.

LEGO satisfies demand and doesn't get stuck discounting something to move product after the initial wave of hype dies down.

But this is just something I heard third or fourth hand.

Yeah 100k seems more right because the 200 dollar blue technic 4x4 crawler was limited to 20k and it mostly vanished within a couple weeks. It reappeared again a month or 2 later for a little while but it was scarce. 10k is half that and the price is way more in impulse buy range plus even if its not mainstream it has to have higher demand than the crawler and more likely to be purchased in multiples.

ruxtpin

Banned
Not sure if good price, but $180 Haunted House on AWHD.

Edit: lol, nvm... I thought MSRP was $200. Go buy it new from Lego S@H while it's still there! Wet's Ghostbusters look fantastic parked out front. =)

you know... i was lukewarm on him at first, the Wizard being the supposed star of the series so far... but somehow i am now loving that Musketeer dude! that free flowing shirt looks awesome! so much swag. This series really looks like it could up the ante compared to the pre Lego movie and pre Simpsons figs.

iuuk

From this review it shows whats inside the barrel arms so I dont think you can just easily swap them out with other things. Someone will still probably come up with a quick solution for people who dislike the barrels though.

14604282421_bb6da26531.jpg
Looks like those things are just there to hold the axle, a round 2x2 brick (like the yellow ones they included) has a hole for the axle built in, so I guess they should do the trick.

Man, looking through old sets online makes me really disappointed that I missed out on some cool space stuff.

The most recent Space Police sets look really cool (Gray Galaxy Squad guys!) and all the space-related CMF's that are now $10+ a piece. I need to find a satchel full of 2 million dollars.

Ponn

Banned
Man, looking through old sets online makes me really disappointed that I missed out on some cool space stuff.

The most recent Space Police sets look really cool (Gray Galaxy Squad guys!) and all the space-related CMF's that are now $10+ a piece. I need to find a satchel full of 2 million dollars.

I keep looking at Harry Potter sets and wishing I got back into Lego 3 years earlier.

Ravek

Banned
New Turtle bootlegs.

Set 2 is the most interesting... it contains 2 figures that were previously convention exclusives, as well as the Shredder variant only found in the Shredder's Lair set

eUODQtj.jpg

http://amzn.com/B00LM3QC3S
http://amzn.com/B00LM3QEIQ

What are the quality of these like, along with the seller?

Only asking because I saw a bunch of Green Lantern ones that look fucking boss. Additionally, my son would flip his shit if I got him all of those faux Ironman minifigs.

Lastly, is there a Ms. MARVEL fake minifig? We prob wont get an official one for years...

Only asking because I saw a bunch of Green Lantern ones that look fucking boss. Additionally, my son would flip his shit if I got him all of those faux Ironman minifigs.

Lastly, is there a Ms. MARVEL fake minifig? We prob wont get an official one for years...
The Iron Man figures might as well be official IMO, that's how good they look. They're from a different company than these Turtles knockoffs, though.

I just found out about Shadow Leo on Sunday and I'm so sad I missed out on him because if he looks like that knockoff at all, he's a Must Own for sure. What an awesome idea.

Ponn

Banned
The Iron Man figures might as well be official IMO, that's how good they look. They're from a different company than these Turtles knockoffs, though.

I just found out about Shadow Leo on Sunday and I'm so sad I missed out on him because if he looks like that knockoff at all, he's a Must Own for sure. What an awesome idea.

Yea, SillyEskimo has the most experience but I have gotten the Winter Soldier/Green Arrow/Odin set and have the DBZ and Phoenix sets on their way right now. I'm sticking mostly to Decool sets they seem to have the best quality. They fit perfectly into my collection and unless you closely inspect you can't tell the difference. Some have pretty minor painting errors but nothing readily visible.

Yea don't feel to bad about that Shadow Leo, wasnt he a nycc con exclusive or something along with that Krang? Nobody gets those, thats why I personally don't have a problem with knock offs right now. I think extremely exclusive figs like that are such a slap in the face to real fans and collectors and only prosper scalpers which should not be a demographic catered to.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stopped by my Lego store for the first time in months and picked up two Simpsons minifigures at random.

I got Homer and Krusty.

Success.

Depends on the maker. I think Decool is the highest quality. Also, YMMV as some designs are pretty crappy and quality control is iffy at best. Some prints are very good others are awful (for the same figs).

Some are extremely difficult to tell the difference without being a minifig "expert" and very close inspection.

Yeah, that and PotC for me. Oh well, PotC may make a come back with the next movie.

It didn't with POTC 4 right (or did it?) So i don't see it making one now...

Besides, i am SO glad i got lucky and found the Pearl for retail price a year ago at some store. To this day though i REALLY want Queen Anne's Revenge :((((( not about to pay double the price though to get one.

Besides, i am SO glad i got lucky and found the Pearl for retail price a year ago at some store. To this day though i REALLY want Queen Anne's Revenge :((((( not about to pay double the price though to get one.

Too bad we won't see the Flying Dutchman. The Black Pearl is great looking. I don't know how the build experience is because I let my son build it. Luckily I have Queen Anne's Revenge too. It's in my backlog. The ships are the best sets in that theme.

Only regret I have with Parry Hotter is I missed Diagon Alley and the Weasley Burrow (mainly for the Bellatrix Lestrange minifig). Luckily I snagged a few of the last sets in that theme.

The build on the Pearl was decent, i remember there being quite a bit of repetition but that comes with the territory of ships i guess (2 sides etc.) The main draw here is obviously the finished display model which looks stunning!!!

From that point on i decided to get EVERY ship that Lego releases no questions asked, i even got the Sea Cow recently... Who knows, if i am feeling crazy i might take the plunge on the QAR someday on BrickLink :(

The Imperial Flagship is too rich for my blood though, so pass on that...

neonglow

The build on the Pearl was decent, i remember there being quite a bit of repetition but that comes with the territory of ships i guess (2 sides etc.) The main draw here is obviously the finished display model which looks stunning!!!

From that point on i decided to get EVERY ship that Lego releases no questions asked, i even got the Sea Cow recently... Who knows, if i am feeling crazy i might take the plunge on the QAR someday on BrickLink :(

The Imperial Flagship is too rich for my blood though, so pass on that...

Next year will have classic Pirates coming back. Should be a couple ships with that.

Ainaurdur

I still have to get my LotR Corsair ship. Debating two of them for larger potential MOC versions, and more of the Army of the Dead figs.
Next year will have classic Pirates coming back. Should be a couple ships with that.
Hope they go truly classic with it. I would want them to have style, but not be over the top. Course I'd love to see those old baseplates with smooth water and a small studded island come back, but that's my old baseplate nostalgic self dreaming. Will never happen, modern Lego hates me.

I still have to get my LotR Corsair ship. Debating two of them for larger potential MOC versions, and more of the Army of the Dead figs.

It's a very plain ship. There is no real deck, just a bunch of random planks on the bottom hull pieces, and tons of pointy things along the sides.

I'm thinking that the new Pirates will have a pirate flagship this time. I don't think they'll make another huge imperial one just yet.

Zerojul

I'm not sure but I think that the whole PotC wave was out in 2011, so same year as PotC4, and I think the siren business with the preacher and the foutain of youth stuff found in some sets was from the PotC4 movie. Not sure, though, haven't watched them for some time and only seen PotC4 once, at the movies, back then...
Anyway, like others said the return of the regulars "Pirates" line will probably satisfy my Pirate ship needs next year so it's all right :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
you know... i was lukewarm on him at first, the Wizard being the supposed star of the series so far... but somehow i am now loving that Musketeer dude! that free flowing shirt looks awesome! so much swag. This series really looks like it could up the ante compared to the pre Lego movie and pre Simpsons figs.

love almost all of these! Also dig the black/white creepy girl with the teddy thing.

Ponn

Banned
I haven't posted any of my haul pics from the last month or so and also didn't post my Milano pics so dropping some photo bombs here.

haul pic minus GoTG stuff

I really, REALLY hate those new touch flick fire missles on these little ships. They go off just breathing on them and i've already lost one.

junk in the trunk

SWOOOOOSH!!

These were the two pieces on the bottom front that were giving me fits of rage. They are just torch/lightsaber hilt pieces on a single connection but because they are on the bottom front and jutting out they are always falling off. I finally have just removed them so I wouldn't lose the pieces somewhere. Surprised this got through on the final design.

I haven't posted any of my haul pics from the last month or so and also didn't post my Milano pics so dropping some photo bombs here.

To Gamora, "Hulk get stronger and bigger when excited! Hulk mean, angry."

:(

All that oil used to make LEGO too. Next thing is to attack Octan.

It is depressing, but until world population starts shrinking and new advances in renewable energy it will only get much worse.

Speaking of Mark Stafford doing the Exo-Suit.

I just found out he did one of the better Chima sets. It's cool seeing the "sketches" (prototypes) of the set.
I have a few Chima sets, but I never built most of them. I just got them for the parts and minifigs. Eris Interceptor is a nice set and decent build.

So.... should I try to find it at my local stores on august 1st or should I just order it online and wait a few days for it to ship? I'm afraid I'll spend a few hours looking for it and then come back only to find it out of stock online.

So.... should I try to find it at my local stores on august 1st or should I just order it online and wait a few days for it to ship? I'm afraid I'll spend a few hours looking for it and then come back only to find it out of stock online.

I think ordering online would be the best bet, unless we hear that it'll be in stores before the 1st.

Ravek

Banned

Safer bet is online.

neonglow

Not all LEGO CUUSOO sets show up in stores. I never saw the Mars Rover at any store.

Top Bottom