• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

leng jai

The build on the Pearl was decent, i remember there being quite a bit of repetition but that comes with the territory of ships i guess (2 sides etc.) The main draw here is obviously the finished display model which looks stunning!!!

From that point on i decided to get EVERY ship that Lego releases no questions asked, i even got the Sea Cow recently... Who knows, if i am feeling crazy i might take the plunge on the QAR someday on BrickLink :(

The Imperial Flagship is too rich for my blood though, so pass on that...

It's rich because it's the best.

Just built Infearno and noticed all the new silver metal bowed pieces have lines down the middle lengthwise on the smooth surfaces. They look like cracks but I pressed on them and it's not broken, at least not yet. The lines are all slightly different and not exactly in the middle, so doesn't look like it's supposed to be there.

I don't know how to use my camera so this is as good as I can get to picking up the lines/cracks. I really need to read the manual.
ZMdamdf.jpg
Me2mAjm.jpg

They aren't broken but I've never seen marred surfaces on LEGO before. They had the lines before I connected them and connecting them didn't seem to make it worse.

I don't know how to use my camera so this is as good as I can get to picking up the lines/cracks. I really need to read the manual.

They aren't broken but I've never seen marred surfaces on LEGO before. They had the lines before I connected them and connecting them didn't seem to make it worse.

I'd give LEGO a call.

Is it still smooth? It is the pearl silver too? If it's both of those it looks like it may just be the way it blended. Hard to tell with the blur.

Quality control with LEGO is still awesome, but I've definitely seen some issues with it. I hope they fix this stuff going forward as clone brands quality increases.

Placed an order for those Decool figures with Shadow Leo in them. 3 out of the 4 figs are just too awesome to pass up for less than $7 and free shipping.

What a total bullshit exclusive, only at NYCC. When they do stuff like that it should be a Con Exclusive, IE available at all major ComiCons including NYCC, SDCC, etc. that way people actually have a chance to, you know, get it.

Though I think it would be AMAZING if they did a special set like a rooftop or something with all 4 shadow turtles. Or do what they did with the TMNT toys a few years back and color them greyscale like the original comics.

I built the Ecto-1 today. My 3 year old is loving it. Such a great set and the minifigs are amazing. Props to Wetwired for his original design. Fantastic work.

Ravek

Banned
Placed an order for those Decool figures with Shadow Leo in them. 3 out of the 4 figs are just too awesome to pass up for less than $7 and free shipping.

What a total bullshit exclusive, only at NYCC. When they do stuff like that it should be a Con Exclusive, IE available at all major ComiCons including NYCC, SDCC, etc. that way people actually have a chance to, you know, get it.

Though I think it would be AMAZING if they did a special set like a rooftop or something with all 4 shadow turtles. Or do what they did with the TMNT toys a few years back and color them greyscale like the original comics.

What was your estimated shipping time if you don't me asking? I think I'm gonna place an order soon....those Iron Man figures.....

gerg

:(

All that oil used to make LEGO too. Next thing is to attack Octan.

It is depressing, but until world population starts shrinking and new advances in renewable energy it will only get much worse.

I think there's a difference between using a certain raw material and partnering with a company that acts terribly in trying to attain that raw material. (Also, I presume there's a difference in the oil LEGO uses and that Shell processes, or else LEGO would probably be even more expensive than it is.)

I thought the ad was very clever, personally.

Is it bad that during the ad, all i could think of was "man that's some nice brickwork" and "damn, they are using the new arctic sets, i wish i had that figure" or " DAT Polarbear" etc.

:(((

Next year will have classic Pirates coming back. Should be a couple ships with that.
Wait, classic pirates are coming back? Well there goes my wallet...

I have QAR and the Sea Cow. Both were really fun to make. I hope the new classic pirates incorporates some of the cool things they did with those.

Wait, classic pirates are coming back? Well there goes my wallet...

I have QAR and the Sea Cow. Both were really fun to make. I hope the new classic pirates incorporates some of the cool things they did with those.

yeah, i i wish they'd go all out on ships and make a couple different big ones, but part of me thinks they'll just make one small ship and call it a day ...

Not all LEGO CUUSOO sets show up in stores. I never saw the Mars Rover at any store.

I saw the mars rover at my target, but yeah I'll just order it online to be safe. Gonna be seeing guardians of the galaxy that day instead anyways.

funny how even Greenpeace can't hate Lego, even though they churn out tons of plastics.

I think the problem isn't that Lego is made from plastic but that shell is using very environmentaly unfriendly practices llike artic drilling.

Experien

I saw the mars rover at my target, but yeah I'll just order it online to be safe. Gonna be seeing guardians of the galaxy that day instead anyways.

My closest LEGO store said they never even got Mars Rover in...you can't order it online anymore. Do Targets really carry that?

PSA: LEGO store sale.

This weekend's LEGO store sale is small. Ends Sunday.
20% off
- Some Ninjago sets
- Some of the larger City sets

Build-A-Minifig
- New parts I've never seen in BAM: small chain, large trophy, ghost "head/sheet", black fedora hat, miner hat
- A few CMF parts: boxer legs, hippy torso, hazmat legs

PAB
- Refills of the tail fin and jet thingy first put in a couple months ago.

R-User!

I think that the Bat Tank, Workshop, Bounty Ship, and Remote control car will cost around 7-800.

It is a Bat Tank after all. Not a flying ship. The Workshop is more affordable than the Market. The Bounty ship costs the same as the Bat Tank, and the next "Crawler" costs more than the previous one. All of these for 7-800. Hope this helps.

Mirk

So I haven't had time to build in a long ass time
Had a kid!! He will love lego, I am his father I demand it.
I did have this sitting in a box unopened for far too long. I made the time to build it tonight. I want to thank Wetwired for this, It is an amazing set and I had a lot of fun building it!

DSC00772.JPG

Ponn

Banned
Photos of my last few builds

The rest of my Imperial Star Destroyer album on imgur.
ugh, wait till august harder. If i'm getting two Exo Suits though i'm not sure if I can afford both the AT AT and Star Destroyer.

I did have this sitting in a box unopened for far too long. I made the time to build it tonight. I want to thank Wetwired for this, It is an amazing set and I had a lot of fun building it!

congrats on the Lego Padawan. Now the question is to start one of those college fund accounts or a Lego fund account for him.

Ravek

Banned
For the ECTO-1, does anyone feel like its worth $50? I think thats whats holding me back from getting it. Im not a huge Ghostbusters fan but I can see that the set and minifigs are pretty cool.

Basically, I'm on the fence.

For the ECTO-1, does anyone feel like its worth $50? I think thats whats holding me back from getting it. Im not a huge Ghostbusters fan but I can see that the set and minifigs are pretty cool.

Easily worth the $50. Fantastic build, great minifigs, and a great display piece. To top it off, it was brought to life by Wetwired!

It's a must buy. Get off the fence. :)

R-User!

Yeah 100k seems more right because the 200 dollar blue technic 4x4 crawler was limited to 20k and it mostly vanished within a couple weeks. It reappeared again a month or 2 later for a little while but it was scarce. 10k is half that and the price is way more in impulse buy range plus even if its not mainstream it has to have higher demand than the crawler and more likely to be purchased in multiples.

Late reply, but yeah, I agree...

Hoping I can snag one in line while waiting to enter GOTG's midnight showing...

Zerojul

It's worth every penny. Nice build, and lovely display piece. Plus, the figs are unbelievable. Even the price per piece ratio is not bad. Buy it while it's available ;)

wetwired

Photos of my last few builds

The rest of my Imperial Star Destroyer album on imgur.

DSC00772.JPG

ghostbust_118f_zps5a15823d.gif

Sort of vague...care to elaborate?

The pieces got here. On Sunday I'll be building Cafe Corner. :D

Until then I'm designing some interiors for it, since the building comes completely empty. While it's a little disappointing compared to later modulars, it does provide lots of opportunity for custom builds.

Ravek

Banned
The pieces got here. On Sunday I'll be building Cafe Corner. :D

Until then I'm designing some interiors for it, since the building comes completely empty. While it's a little disappointing compared to later modulars, it does provide lots of opportunity for custom builds.

Wow. Did not know that it came empty. Good to know. Enjoy your build!

Congratulations on the kid! They are the best, and you have many years of fun ahead of you.

It was my eldest daughter's eighth birthday on Saturday. Several people gave her small Friends sets including a number of duplicates. I came home last night and was going to suggest that she return the duplicates so she could get something bigger like the Dolphin Cruiser....but she had torn apart all of the boxes in order to make much larger versions of the standard builds. I was impressed.

The new Imperial Star Destroyer is so sexy. I'll never understand Lego's release methods. They are staggered beyond belief.

My local store won't be getting them until August and I can't find them anywhere online, whereas some people have no trouble finding them at their local retailers. What gives?

I'll get my AT-AT delivered in about a weeks time. I'll let you know which I prefer.
Where did you order it from?

The new Imperial Star Destroyer is so sexy. I'll never understand Lego's release methods. They are staggered beyond belief.

My local store won't be getting them until August and I can't find them anywhere online, whereas some people have no trouble finding them at their local retailers. What gives?

LEGO is staying true to the original release date. LEGO had to send the product to other retailers so they could prepare for the original release date, but the other retailers dont care about the date since there is no clause saying they cant sell them until then. So the other places put the product out because there will be no consequences.

Target has 2 Republic Gunships for $80 each. Should I grab them?

Superman Battle of Smallville for 35 too.

Lots of others, but those grab me the most.

Europe gets the summer sets a lot earlier than the US, I've had the new AT-AT, Star Destroyer and Snowspeeder for a while now.

Top Bottom