• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Just built Hulk Lab Smash (along with a few other sets)...

This set is amazing. So many great minifigs (except Thor, he is just okay) and the set overall is just so much fun. My daughter won't stop playing with it
...so what if I'm jealous

I would definitely recommend this for Marvel and LEGO fans.

Cmon, it's a must buy for Marvel fans just for MODOK and Taskmaster! The fact that we got those two figures is insane.

And yes, the set is a ton of fun for the playability and smashability. But the real stars are the figures.

And Thor is awesome. I just want a Beta Ray Bill figure now.

I'm really not a fan of "play sets" in my LEGO. I prefer actual structures or vehicles. But the minifig selection in this is so good...

Ravek

Banned
Cmon, it's a must buy for Marvel fans just for MODOK and Taskmaster! The fact that we got those two figures is insane.

And yes, the set is a ton of fun for the playability and smashability. But the real stars are the figures.

And Thor is awesome. I just want a Beta Ray Bill figure now.

Honestly, Thor just looks okay to me. Maybe its his hair, his meh facial print or chest print, but its just okay. Not a bad minifig by any means, though.

Highly recommend for those who are on the fence.

Honestly, Thor just looks okay to me. Maybe its his hair, his meh facial print or chest print, but its just okay. Not a bad minifig by any means, though.

Highly recommend for those who are on the fence.

The Thor mini fig gets props just because it is Thor. Of course, the Hulk Lab Smash I bought was open box (half price, cant complain about that part), and was missing the Thor figure but it had all the others.

Ravek

Banned
I'm really not a fan of "play sets" in my LEGO. I prefer actual structures or vehicles. But the minifig selection in this is so good...

I hear you. I use to be the same way. Maybe its because I just built the Batman/Penguin set, or the Spider-Man Spider Cycle chase or the Captain America vs Hydra or the Iron Man boat set, but I didn't need that in this set.

Its so good.

Just finished the Ghostbusters set. So good. So, so good.

Build is interesting -- I love how the windows are done (and the wheels, never thought to do them that way!). It's super-duper solid. The proton packs are cool. Having a stand for the minifigs is an awesome touch. And: PRINTED PARTS EVERYWHERE! No stickers! Amazing.

And Ghostbusters quotes littered through the manual? Great touch.

My only complaints are minor ones: Venkman's hair, Egon's face (looks weird, almost anime-ish), and the manual is one of those bound ones that's great as a book but terrible as a LEGO manual because it's impossible to keep open without laying something on top of it.

Still, minor in the grand scheme of things.

One thing I thought was interesting: it's amazing how much better this set is than the DeLorean. The DeLorean felt a little cheap and half-assed; it wasn't very stable and didn't look very good, but it was saved by awesome minifigs, alternate builds and the whole IT'S AN OFFICIAL LEGO BACK TO THE FUTURE SET thing.

Where the Back to the Future set felt a little cheap, the Ghostbusters set feels right. Four custom minifigs, at least ten printed parts (no stickers), good detail, and a model that looks excellent... they really, really did this right.

Awesome set. THANKS WETWIRED!

Yes, I think the $50 price is fully worth it having all 4 ghostbusters and having all the printed pieces.

Just built Hulk Lab Smash (along with a few other sets)...

This set is amazing. So many great minifigs (except Thor, he is just okay) and the set overall is just so much fun. My daughter won't stop playing with it
...so what if I'm jealous

I would definitely recommend this for Marvel and LEGO fans.

It's a no brainer for minifigs. As a playset, it is great. I think it also works as a display set to have a setting for super hero minifigs.

Been putting off building my Camper Van until the MINI Cooper(s) arrive.

The mini MINI will look so good with my mini Camper Van.

Is it wrong to be more excited for the mini version than the big one (which I know I will love anyways)?

mojiimbo

I can get the mini cooper and mini mini cooper in the store (physical store) with VIP access right now too right?
The Lego Store here(in the U.S.) is handing the Mini Cooper polybag out if you buy the full size set, but not if you just spend $99. That promo doesn't start until August.

Rootbeer

Banned
The Lego Store here(in the U.S.) is handing the Mini Cooper polybag out if you buy the full size set, but not if you just spend $99. That promo doesn't start until August.

Same here. Anyway I'm passing for now... waiting for Aug first so I can order 2x Exo-Suit and the female minifig set and get the freebie that way. Then Probably make another purchase later that month for the Chima poly.

Green Spaceman army is a go!

Ravek

Banned
How does one get the Chima poly?

Additionally, I ordered $85-ish worth of LEGO on Tuesday, but they just processed and shipped the order yesterday. What are my chances of getting the mini-poly in addition to the Shredder minifig?

Just to confirm how it's working in the US:

Starting July 18th, the Mini Cooper is available via both S@H and in Lego retail stores to VIP members.

From July 18th until August 1st, ONLY people who buy the Mini Cooper get the bonus Mini Cooper polybag.

Starting August 1st, the Mini Cooper is available to everyone. Also, ANY purchase of $99 or more will get the Mini Cooper polybag.

Edit: Chima poly doesn't start until August 21st and it's with any purchase of $50 or more.

Ravek

Banned
Just to confirm how it's working in the US:

Starting July 18th, the Mini Cooper is available via both S@H and in Lego retail stores to VIP members.

From July 18th until August 1st, ONLY people who buy the Mini Cooper get the bonus Mini Cooper polybag.

Starting August 1st, the Mini Cooper is available to everyone. Also, ANY purchase of $99 or more will get the Mini Cooper polybag.

Edit: Chima poly doesn't start until August 21st and it's with any purchase of $50 or more.

Very clear and informative. Thank you!

wetwired

Just finished the Ghostbusters set. So good. So, so good.

Build is interesting -- I love how the windows are done (and the wheels, never thought to do them that way!). It's super-duper solid. The proton packs are cool. Having a stand for the minifigs is an awesome touch. And: PRINTED PARTS EVERYWHERE! No stickers! Amazing.

And Ghostbusters quotes littered through the manual? Great touch.

My only complaints are minor ones: Venkman's hair, Egon's face (looks weird, almost anime-ish), and the manual is one of those bound ones that's great as a book but terrible as a LEGO manual because it's impossible to keep open without laying something on top of it.

Still, minor in the grand scheme of things.

One thing I thought was interesting: it's amazing how much better this set is than the DeLorean. The DeLorean felt a little cheap and half-assed; it wasn't very stable and didn't look very good, but it was saved by awesome minifigs, alternate builds and the whole IT'S AN OFFICIAL LEGO BACK TO THE FUTURE SET thing.

Where the Back to the Future set felt a little cheap, the Ghostbusters set feels right. Four custom minifigs, at least ten printed parts (no stickers), good detail, and a model that looks excellent... they really, really did this right.

Awesome set. THANKS WETWIRED!

ghostbust_118f_zps5a15823d.gif

I was holding the Daily Bugle set but decided against it (at around $90, retail being hilarious as ever). Is it worth getting? I wouldn't mind having Spidey and Doom but the rest are forgettable, and while it has a ton of windows, they're all tinted, right?

I asked for LotR since there was nothing in the shelves. Turns out they clearanced it all for half price last week since nothing had sold for a year. Damn!

I was holding the Daily Bugle set but decided against it (at around $90, retail being hilarious as ever). Is it worth getting? I wouldn't mind having Spidey and Doom but the rest are forgettable, and while it has a ton of windows, they're all tinted, right?

I asked for LotR since there was nothing in the shelves. Turns out they clearanced it all for half price last week since nothing had sold for a year. Damn!

Personally I dislike all the Spider-man sets. They appear to be the weakest of the Marvel line. However this is the one I have (got it for $30 at Kmart). Dr Doom is it's only redeeming quality for me. Still haven't built it and probably won't for a long time with so many other quality sets in my backlog. $90 US would make this a total pass for me.

Ravek

Banned

Ill get the set eventually, but I have never seen it for $90...fuck that

Zerojul

I would probably buy this one only if I find it at a price that is less than the combined BL prices for Dr Doom, JJJ and Nova, which I really want to get eventually. I already have two spideys, and the rest of the set looks pretty meh.
And $90 for this is downright outrageous IMHO. You're in Sweden, right ?

ghostmind

For those attending SDCC, this is how the giveaway process is going to work this year:

We also received a tip from a reader who emailed LEGO regarding the minifigure giveaway process for this year. The giveaway will take place in the same area as last year – the Pavilion Terrace outside of the Sails Pavilion, but they have made several other changes to the process to avoid the traffic congestion and complaints from last year. Instead of a ticketing process, attendees will walk up to an iPad and hit a button to enter, and they will know immediately if they are a winner. Attendees will have one chance to enter per day – badges will be scanned to prevent people getting in line twice. And like last year, a different minifigure will be given out each day, but it sounds like they won’t announce it until the end of the day, as opposed to announcing the giveaway schedule beforehand as in previous years.

via BrickJournal

I travel a lot for work. Some of you know about my crazy hand issues and resulting apparatus, and I unsurprisingly tell the story 20-30 times a day when I am out of town.

Not one person I have spoken with has EVER heard of my issue. Until today....when Jamie Berard told me that it happened to his friend.

LEGO.

ghostmind

I travel a lot for work. Some of you know about my crazy hand issues and resulting apparatus, and I unsurprisingly tell the story 20-30 times a day when I am out of town.

Not one person I have spoken with has EVER heard of my issue. Until today....when Jamie Berard told me that it happened to his friend.

LEGO.

You met Jamie today? How did that happen?

And yes, LEGO - much like the Force, binds us all.

Rrraarggh!

Fuck that stupid POV and converter bullshit, errors every time and I do exactly what it says. People can't make shit that just works with one damn click.

>:[

Ponn

Banned

As far as sets that seem to be only for the figs I would rate Daily Bugle high. The figs are of course the star. The building is kind of cool though and i've left it up for display with a couple other sets like the little bank from Batman/Two Face chase. It makes for a neat little super hero fig display scene.

edit: also no ALL the figs are awesome. Beetle is a kick ass looking fig, Nova - NOVA and JJ is a nice fig to have.

Ironmask

Today i've been to my first Lug convention. It was an awesome experience, everyone was really friendly and they were very glad to share their techinques and experience with me. I was astonished by the diversity of the sets, some from the "simple" expanded sets to custom dioramas, from engineering use of techic pieces to the artistic use of bricks.
I suggest everyone to go on any near convention if possible, your game will step up considerably even if you'll feel poorer or creatively dumber than any other AFOL

Ryuuroden

Part of a post I made in figureGAF. Since its LEGO x Figures, I feel I should share it here too! Anyways, this is my newest figure acquisition and since I am working on Orthanc, I figured I would mess around.

Saruman is going down, Signum is helping the Ents!

14506300937_913d3632ff_k.jpg

14692737725_51fae761f2_k.jpg

This Orthanc is pre-workup before I start my own version that will be much bigger.

Also, just got back from the Lego Store. They had 3x4 white window frames, clear windows, white door frames, and 3 types of doors! Still waiting for the day they have 2x3 and 2x2 window frames of any color.

This arrived this morning...

Once I build this I should really pose it with an actual green Mini Cooper that I've seen parked in the neighborhood :)

Schnapps!

eKTkJhM.jpg

I got mine from the Lego store in Bluewater UK.

It's the first Lego set I have bought since the Delorean set.

I made up the little man, I wanted it to be nude, but I couldn't find yellow legs.

Ryuuroden

I wonder how many gems you could fill a cup with, they'd be useful for water

right there is 410 gems and that was just filling the bottom of the cup (the little dip part) and a little bit between the doors on the outside edges of one cup) I have about 5000 cheese slopes of the same color that I use for water instead.

Woah, was that ordered online or were those in-store.

That variety is cray cray.

Thats from the in store Pick-a-Brick wall where you buy lego by the cup and they have a large variety of them that is always changing as they sell thru whats there. Means every time I go theres stuff that I don't have large stock of that I can pick up. some of that random variety (the small stuff) was just to fill between the larger stuff. The main reason I got the cups were for doors and windows, everything else was filler although stuff I will use. The medium blue 1x1's are a definite must have for me as i have a few thousand 1x2's so those will allow me to overlap and space for making blue row houses and the 1x2 plates were needed for my current orthanc MOC.

I tend to see trans blue/light blue/clear 1x1 circles used for water most often but thinking about it, the gems would totally work. It's be cool to make a little underground diorama with like a crystal river just flowing with those gems.

SPARE ME, AU Lego store. Free shipping for orders over $200? That's thrown my Mini Cooper order out the window for the time being. So rich.

Getting OT at work this week and maybe the next few weeks. That means more money. The smart thing would be the bills that are racking up. But my birthday is soon. I am itching for new LEGO!

Top Bottom