• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Well that's fucked. $150 was always too much but now it's $200. Stupid.

Man, tell me about it. I wouldn't mind so much if the cost were reasonable, but a $35 flat rate is a bit of a joke.

What's the free shipping threshold for you lucking American folk? Still at a ridiculous $75?

neonglow

Man, tell me about it. I wouldn't mind so much if the cost were reasonable, but a $35 flat rate is a bit of a joke.

What's the free shipping threshold for you lucking American folk? Still at a ridiculous $75?

It's $75 though it's still on the high side compared to other retailers. Most are around $35 and others $49.

Another thing that annoys me is that we don't have any actual stores, so the promos they have, you can't get unless you buy from the online store and want to pay for shipping. Otherwise you're going to be paying $200. I wish they would open a store somewhere in Aus that I go just go into each month.

Just got back from being out of the country a week, with no Internet access. I missed so much.

Already bought some Lego though haha. I managed to pick up the winter village markey set for £89 total BNIB. I'm quite happy about that as the cheapest selling price on eBay was £90 and that was months ago.

I just need to but the Mini now.

Zerojul

Just got back from being out of the country a week, with no Internet access. I missed so much.

Already bought some Lego though haha. I managed to pick up the winter village markey set for £89 total BNIB. I'm quite happy about that as the cheapest selling price on eBay was £90 and that was months ago.
For the 10235 ? Yeah, it's not a bad price at all, congrats !

Ordered the Mini-Cooper with the VIP deal on the web site. Free Shreder and mini-mini-cooper free!

Also had $10 in VIP points!

For the 10235 ? Yeah, it's not a bad price at all, congrats !

Yeah, that's the one. I suppose I could have got it cheaper if I'd have stalked bricklink and been patient but I wanted to get on and start collecting them all while they are still somewhat reasonably priced

Xater

Yesterday I saw the Chima Gorilla Robot marked down from 50€ to 30€. Still didn't get it because I am just not into the Chima stuff and it didn't even seem like there are that many interesting parts.

Yesterday I saw the Chima Gorilla Robot marked down from 50€ to 30€. Still didn't get it because I am just not into the Chima stuff and it didn't even seem like there are that many interesting parts.

I bought it for 50% off last month. Like you I have little interest in Chima and felt the whole thing was kind of "meh". The arms are controlled together so you can't really pose it.

IHaveIce

Banned
New Guardians of the Galaxy set revealed at, of all places, the Wall Street Journal... ROCKET'S WARBIRD.

145 pieces, $39.99.

EDIT: It's a Comic-Con exclusive -- only for sale at the show. Missed that line out!

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2014/07/16/rockets-warbird-at-a-glance/
Fuuuuck I hooe chinese bootleggers give us quickly knock off, I want a Rocket in his Uniform so much.

Would love it aswell if they would made comic outfit bootlegs. And a better groot

ericb!

Neo Member
Getting OT at work this week and maybe the next few weeks. That means more money. The smart thing would be the bills that are racking up. But my birthday is soon. I am itching for new LEGO!

Pay off your bills, strengthen your credit score and build up your savings. Get ahead of the game. It'll be so much better knowing you're in control.

I really can't stress this enough.

Nitemare1

Just broke my no lego purchases during the summer plan for the Mini Cooper and Ecto 1. Jumped on them now because I know the ATAT is coming up and probably another modular in the fall. I should have known it was useless to resist.

Anyone else in Canada seen this. When I ordered they added the mini mini and the shredder minifig to the bag but at one point they took them out and gave me a message that said they weren't available in my country. However by the time I checked out they were back in the bag and on the order. Anyone in Canada get the Mini Mini with an order?
I can live without the Shredder minifig but I really wanted the mini for my desk.

Of course I could just make a mini mini from my own collection but you know, free stuff! :)

Xater

I bought it for 50% off last month. Like you I have little interest in Chima and felt the whole thing was kind of "meh". The arms are controlled together so you can't really pose it.

The arms being controlled together is really lame. Even as a kid ?I would not like that. Seems more like something that limits the play options.

ghostmind

Pay off your bills, strengthen your credit score and build up your savings. Get ahead of the game. It'll be so much better knowing you're in control.

I really can't stress this enough.

NzexCG5.gif

Ainaurdur

That's a very bad idea. I hope it's just part of it and not the whole thing....

Sell it while it's hot. So many comic buyers in the 90s felt the same way. *looks upon a closet full of random crap 90s comics that are worth cover price at most*

Seriously bad idea but at least I hope she has Social Security if that doesn't pan out.
I agree with all of you. I didn't get a chance to ask her how serious she was about it. I'd hope it wasn't her only plan.

Zerojul

Yeah, that's the one. I suppose I could have got it cheaper if I'd have stalked bricklink and been patient but I wanted to get on and start collecting them all while they are still somewhat reasonably priced

Yeah I'm trying to collect winter-themed sets too and that's no easy feat. The older ones don't come cheap. Good luck ;)

chimster

Just broke my no lego purchases during the summer plan for the Mini Cooper and Ecto 1. Jumped on them now because I know the ATAT is coming up and probably another modular in the fall. I should have known it was useless to resist.

Anyone else in Canada seen this. When I ordered they added the mini mini and the shredder minifig to the bag but at one point they took them out and gave me a message that said they weren't available in my country. However by the time I checked out they were back in the bag and on the order. Anyone in Canada get the Mini Mini with an order?
I can live without the Shredder minifig but I really wanted the mini for my desk.

Of course I could just make a mini mini from my own collection but you know, free stuff! :)

Ordered mine on Friday and didn't have any issues. Got a confirmation number and all

Ponn

Banned
I know, some things are hard to accept. But, when one's finances are in order, she/he is able to buy LEGO (and do many other things) without the anxiety and second-guessing.

*no fun allowed*

Actually from a collector point of view that's not always the best course of action. For example don't buy the Exo Suit on Aug. 1st, wait 4 years saving money and then go try and buy it and report back. I'm going to take the safe bet its not going to be pretty.

Been messing around in LDD lately and made/changed some stuff:

NCS Mobile Communications Mech:
ncsMobileCommsMech_zps722867a6.jpg

NCS Guardian Mech:
ncsGuardianMech_zps5ce424b1.jpg

NCS VTOL Fighter:
ncsVTOL_zps50f9677a.jpg

How I'd like Blacktron 3 to look:
blacktron3Mech_zps151332e5.jpg

I wish I could get that damned POV Ray thing to work so I could have really nice renders instead of the crappy LDD defaults.

Yeah I'm trying to collect winter-themed sets too and that's no easy feat. The older ones don't come cheap. Good luck ;)

Good luck to you and you're wallet too!

It sounds like maybe I messed up and bought too early. £9 over isn't the worse amount in the world though.

Oh and heads up UK gaf, asda and zavvi have some cracking sales on at the moment on pretty much all the Lego they have. Asda in particular have the constructo mech from the movie for £40 (already got that as a anniversary present though) and the dropship from the movie for £55, which is £15 off of the RRP. I snapped that one up. It's the perfect place to put all of the police figs from the movie.

UCS Tumbler announced for September $199, 1869 pieces.

LM9tW1N.jpg

Cool minifigs.

l8B9ZBU.jpg

The minifigure are a bit blagh and strange in usc set.

The Tumbler looks immense though. I know it isnt part of the of the film Tumbler design but the little bits of yellow in it really makes certain areas of it stand out.

Is $200 the price of the modular Street sets in the US?

Xater

Fuck me that Tumbler looks awesome. I don't know though if I am willing to shell out that much money for one set. I rather get more different stuff I. The hopes to do MOCs. That Tumbler would probably never get taken apart. I'd feel too bad about it.

Also people seem to be really excited of the possible return of Bionicle. I missed that whole thing but as someone who is into mechs it might be for me. They. Certainly look cooler than that Hero Factory stuff.

Ravek

Banned
Fuck me that Tumbler looks awesome. I don't know though if I am willing to shell out that much money for one set.

Also people seem to be really excited of the possible return of Bionicle. I missed that whole thing but as someone who is into mechs it might be for me. They. Certainly look cooler than that Hero Factory stuff.

Hero Factory is a poor mans Bionicle.

ghostmind

Dayum. Very nice.

And once someone makes an OT in the regular off topic side, it will be a lot of people saying it is awesome and then arguments about how LEGO is expensive.

And how it was so much cheaper when they were young.

Give me a few, and I'll put something up in the OT. You beat me to it.

EDIT: LOL, first reply in your thread: "Why are Legos so fun but goddamn expensive."

Kyari

Not a huge fan of the tumbler, but its a nice model. Batman Begins batsuit looks neat, too. Still more interested to see what's going on with this '66 Batmobile.

Top Bottom