• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

I only know about DC sets since the person I got all this info from worked in licensing at WB. But I would be amazed if SDCC comes and goes and those two aren't announced.

Hmmm.. well I'd also rather see a LEGO Movie Batwing over the UCS Tumbler.

Next week is going to be interesting!

wetwired

UCS Tumbler announced for September $199, 1869 pieces.

LM9tW1N.jpg

Cool minifigs.

l8B9ZBU.jpg

All over my face neck and chest

So.. is it.. minifig scale? I mean it looks HUGE but there's no pictures of the figs actually next to it and the cockpit view looks like it could be?

Dat ass!

Info from USA Today.

USA Today said:
Why so serious? Because Batman's most intimidating Batmobile ever is getting the LEGO treatment.

A LEGO Tumbler, the Caped Crusader's black armored vehicle of choice in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight movie trilogy, will be on display at Comic-Con this week beginning Wednesday. Following the pop-culture convention, which runs through July 27, the Tumbler toy (1,869 pieces, $199) goes on sale at LEGO stores and shop.LEGO.com in September.

Measuring 15 inches tall and 9 inches wide, the LEGO Tumbler has an armored exterior, adjustable wings, a detailed interior (with a console screen that reads "INTIMIDATE") and oversized rubber-tread tires. It also comes with a fact sheet about the vehicle from the movies.

If you're into character mini-figures, the stars of the set are a Christian Bale-styled Batman and the Joker, the first time Heath Ledger's The Dark Knight take on the villain has appeared in LEGO form.

9 inches wide, 15 inches long. Damn, that is a beast of a set then. Almost as wide as a 32 x 32 plate, and almost as long as a 48x48. Huge vehicle. It should make a spectacular display piece.

EDIT: I loaded your pics in the OT for the set, Ghostmind. Hope you dont mind.

Any clue as to whom the lead designer on the Tumbler is?

Also, finally watched the Inside: LEGO doc on Netflix. Pretty cool stuff. It focused mainly on the business side of it all and how the company turned itself around, with a bit shown of manufacturing and embracing the fan community.

ghostmind

Any clue as to whom the lead designer on the Tumbler is?

Also, finally watched the Inside: LEGO doc on Netflix. Pretty cool stuff. It focused mainly on the business side of it all and how the company turned itself around, with a bit shown of manufacturing and embracing the fan community.

Adam Grabowski would be my first guess, but he just posted an old B&W photo of the classic Batmobile on his Flickr today, so maybe he is working on something else...?

Ponn

Banned
Oh man, I wanted a UCS Bat-Yacht with lounging alfred fig and ballet troop in bikini's figs.

Not a bad set at all, especially with those interior shot pics. i went from not really interested with the rumor to I think I will have to pick this up. My only gripe is for an 1800 piece set and only two figs it would have been easier to swallow at $150 or even $180. Yea that licensing tax I know.

Oh man, I wanted a UCS Bat-Yacht with lounging alfred fig and ballet troop in bikini's figs.

Modified version of Dolphin Cruiser is all you need!

Not a bad set at all, especially with those interior shot pics. i went from not really interested with the rumor to I think I will have to pick this up. My only gripe is for an 1800 piece set and only two figs it would have been easier to swallow at $150 or even $180. Yea that licensing tax I know.

The tires are probably expensive parts and rare among sets, which contributes as well as the license tax.

Local Lego Convention came to town this weekend in Toronto, Brickfête 2014. Lots of great displays and sets that have really sparked my desire to do some MOCs and try out Mindstorms.

Grabbed some photos below. Check out the whole set here

Great photos! We have many almost identical shots.

The Juno Beach MOC was far and away my favorite. I will post some pics later but the techniques were incredible.

R-User!

But it's only 10.7 cents per piece!

10.7 cents per tire! That's a steal!

Ponn

Banned
But it's only 10.7 cents per piece!

10.7 cents per tire! That's a steal!

I don't think I have seen those back tires before but those front tires look exactly like the ones on the new Batmobile in the Riddler Chase set.

I didn't want a Mini Cooper at all but now I kinda want one to have the Tumbler running over it.

I don't think I have seen those back tires before but those front tires look exactly like the ones on the new Batmobile in the Riddler Chase set.

I didn't want a Mini Cooper at all but now I kinda want one to have the Tumbler running over it.

Tumbler crushing the Mini Cooper and VW Camper Van.

Ravek

Banned

The tires on the Batmobile with Riddler set are way smaller and completely different.

I travel a lot for work. Some of you know about my crazy hand issues and resulting apparatus, and I unsurprisingly tell the story 20-30 times a day when I am out of town.

Not one person I have spoken with has EVER heard of my issue. Until today....when Jamie Berard told me that it happened to his friend.

LEGO.

Cool. Did you act uninterested talking to him and ask him if Marcos Bessa was there? ;)

PAB Haul - 2 cups:

Duuuude! I could go for some of those clear doors and cell doors. I have never heard of those being in the PAB walls in the 2+ years I've been back into LEGO.

I bought it for 50% off last month. Like you I have little interest in Chima and felt the whole thing was kind of "meh". The arms are controlled together so you can't really pose it.

I thought the build was interesting and it looks very intimidating when done (I kept wanting to give it a head). I thought the moving arms mechanism was kinda cool, but I do think it gave it less playability making them move together for that gimmick. I also got it for around 50% and for that price I think it's worth it. I wouldn't recommend it for MRSP.

Pay off your bills, strengthen your credit score and build up your savings. Get ahead of the game. It'll be so much better knowing you're in control.

I really can't stress this enough.

This isn't the Suze Orman thread. :)

The minifigure are a bit blagh and strange in usc set.

The Tumbler looks immense though. I know it isnt part of the of the film Tumbler design but the little bits of yellow in it really makes certain areas of it stand out.

Is $200 the price of the modular Street sets in the US?

I'll buy both of them off you for $20 as a set to help you pay for the Tumbler. :) Batman is just another Batman minifig to me, but that Joker minifig is awesome. I like how they have the white makeup uneven. I think wetwired posted that his face looks something like that now.

Ravek

Banned
So Tumbler is $200

Would it be reasonable to expect, if true, the 60's Batmobile to be $150-ish. I can't see it being more expensive.

Ponn

Banned
Tumbler messing up Modular Rooftops!

"I gotta get me one of those!"

From the looks of the Dat Ass side, I think I spy a suspension system!...

*crosses fingers*

Oh crap thats a freaking awesome idea. Somebody make that happen.

Man this Tumbler just threw a wrench into my Lego buying plans. I think it just put my first Lego Star Wars on hold, which may be for the best anyways. I just hope one of my family members feels generous this Christmas to get me the Sea Cow.

Ravek

Banned
Oh crap thats a freaking awesome idea. Somebody make that happen.

Man this Tumbler just threw a wrench into my Lego buying plans. I think it just put my first Lego Star Wars on hold, which may be for the best anyways. I just hope one of my family members feels generous this Christmas to get me the Sea Cow.

Im with you. September was going to be my "off" month...idk how I'm going to work this into my budget.

New tumblr ;D looks great. More and more UCS sets should come with figs.

Also I thought the 2015 Bionicle reboot was a joke but looks to be true. If it dosnt suck like post Mask of Light Bionicle, I'm all in. It's a big factor in me coming back to lego my second time in late high school (I'm on my third comeback currently). I have massive boxes of Bionicle related items and material, many which are rare from my understanding.

So Tumbler is $200

Would it be reasonable to expect, if true, the 60's Batmobile to be $150-ish. I can't see it being more expensive.
Think more along the lines of the Riddler Chase set and less along the lines of USC. If the picture Lego teased is all we're going on and it lives beyond the SDCC Exclusive mini-set they're making, the '66 Batmobile is gonna be minifig scale and there's no possible way they'll charge more than $50 for it unless it's part of a whole playset.

Ravek

Banned
Think more along the lines of the Riddler Chase set and less along the lines of USC. If the picture Lego teased is all we're going on and it lives beyond the SDCC Exclusive mini-set they're making, the '66 Batmobile is gonna be minifig scale and there's no possible way they'll charge more than $50 for it unless it's part of a whole playset.

Oh...wow!

I don't know how I feel about that...

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom