• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

I'll buy both of them off you for $20 as a set to help you pay for the Tumbler. :) Batman is just another Batman minifig to me, but that Joker minifig is awesome. I like how they have the white makeup uneven. I think wetwired posted that his face looks something like that now.

Thanks for the offer but I'd never sell them on. I've got to keep the set in tact. Plus they don't look that bad haha

Xater

I can see those printed parts alone then being quite valuable. lol

With Lego Batman 3 coming this year can we also expect sets for that?

ghostmind

Unique printed tiles and two unique minifigs would really put this one over the top.

We'll see about the prints vs stickers on Thursday probably.

*puts on flamesuit*

Alright, this may be going against the grain but... as a huge Batman fan, i HATE the Tumbler and everything it stands for!!! So i am extremely disappointed that the reveal is indeed just that :(((((((((((((

I SO wished for either a BurtonMobile UCS, a Lego Movie Batwing UCS or a 60s Batman Mobile but alas it had to be the worst option (for me).

Unlike some of you here, i shall not be converted either, as those pics do nothing for me (maybe the disappointment is just too big right now lol).

Granted, i'll give it the interior which does look pretty cool but as a whole? NAH!

Now unless they still announce SOME kinda other Batman themed UCS, this reveal will go down as a huge disappointment in my Lego books :(

the end

Zerojul

*puts on flamesuit*

Alright, this may be going against the grain but... as a huge Batman fan, i HATE the Tumbler and everything it stands for!!! So i am extremely disappointed that the reveal is indeed just that :(((((((((((((

I SO wished for either a BurtonMobile UCS, a Lego Movie Batwing UCS or a 60s Batman Mobile but alas it had to be the worst option (for me).

Unlike some of you here, i shall not be converted either, as those pics do nothing for me (maybe the disappointment is just too big right now lol).

Granted, i'll give it the interior which does look pretty cool but as a whole? NAH!

Now unless they still announce SOME kinda other Batman themed UCS, this reveal will go down as a huge disappointment in my Lego books :(

the end

I still have hope for the Lego Movie Batwing, with that January 3rd TLM wave. Whether it will qualify as UCS or not is a different matter.
Also in the words of WordAssassin, "ComiCon hasn't even started yet, many more announcements yet to come." ;)

There already is a Burton-era UCS Batmobile: http://brickset.com/sets/7784-1/The-Batmobile-Ultimate-Collectors-Edition

However, I would be far more excited if this had been a UCS Adam West Batmobile.

I'm still holding out hope for that LEGO Movie Batwing.

I know there is... and i missed it :( so i woulda taken a remake of that over this.

Which now gives me the opportunity to post this at least:

SU3TedM.gif

Krilekk

Banned
Mixels are rising fast in price. Volectro from series 1 (yellow bush guy) already goes for three times the MSRP. And the blue Mixels from series 2 are starting to go up as well. I'm glad I got both series early. I imagine by the time series 4 is out a full set of series 1 could set you back $100.

Mixels are rising fast in price. Volectro from series 1 (yellow bush guy) already goes for three times the MSRP. And the blue Mixels from series 2 are starting to go up as well. I'm glad I got both series early. I imagine by the time series 4 is out a full set of series 1 could set you back $100.

Wait what? o_O

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Tumbler looks cool, but I will pass on it. I don't own 1 batman related Lego set. No need to start now.

Let's look at the facts we have available right now:

1) A 1966 Batmobile has been confirmed for SDCC.

2) The two other SDCC sets announced alongside the '66 Batmobile are not minifig scale.

3) The teaser picture Lego themselves posted shows a minifig scale '66 Batmobile.

4) The UCS set was rumored to be either TLM Batwing or the Tumbler. It was the Tumbler.

A) We can assume that there will be an additional minifig scale 1966 Batmobile if the teaser by Lego is anything to go on. Coincidentally, Adam West was recently confirmed to be in Lego Batman 3, and the 1966 Batman TV show was announced to be coming to DVD and BluRay this fall.

B) Rumors of a Batwing set had to come from somewhere, it was just announced that there would be a third Lego Movie wave, and minifigures were shown from one of the new sets - one of which happens to be Batman.

SDCC starts in two days.

is it even confirmed there will be a series 4? Don't they run out of colors by then?

Zerojul

Sorry if old, but is this part :
The LEGO 76023 Tumbler UCS set will be available exclusively through the online LEGO Store and physical LEGO Stores in September 2014, although the set will also be available early for LEGO VIPs beginning August 18th, 2014.
of this article :
http://www.bricksandbloks.com/lego-batman-tumbler-76023-set-revealed-photos/
confirmed ? If so, yeah, I can get one for my birhtday, and score an extra mini-Mini in the process :)

I was reflecting some more on this and... i thought that maybe i just don't give the Tumbler a fair shake since i am more of a Comic+ DCAU fan when it comes to Batman or the DC universe in particular but.. that's not it! I just don't like the design of the Tumbler, it's just way too "realistic" and generic when compared to the sexy curves of a BurtonMobile or even the animated versions which are more over the top instead of just being a big, black box.

I LOVE that Lego actually does make such a big hulking UCS Set for the Batman theme, it just wasn't the one i wanted :(

Now the waiting game begins for the next DC UCS set, it may be years before we see another one quite like this...

R-User!

I was reflecting some more on this and... i thought that maybe i just don't give the Tumbler a fair shake since i am more of a Comic+ DCAU fan when it comes to Batman or the DC universe in particular but.. that's not it! I just don't like the design of the Tumbler, it's just way too "realistic" and generic when compared to the sexy curves of a BurtonMobile or even the animated versions which are more over the top instead of just being a big, black box.

I LOVE that Lego actually does make such a big hulking UCS Set for the Batman theme, it just wasn't the one i wanted :(

Now the waiting game begins for the next DC UCS set, it may be years before we see another one quite like this...

It's the Batmobile that LEGOGaf deserves, but not the one that Winnie the Pimp wants right now. So we'll rib him. Because he needs it. Because he's not our enemy. He's a LEGOGaffer, a fellow builder. A Tumbler hater. ¡_¡

Ryuuroden

Maybe if its popular enough they will start doing more Batman UCS vehicles as well as a Burton remake. Good reason to support the Tumbler. Just figured I would toss in a little enabling.

is it even confirmed there will be a series 4? Don't they run out of colors by then?

They recently did an interview with the main designer where he said it was something that would continue on past Series 3, I believe.

Only up to series 3 is confirmed, but as word assassin stated, there's room for more.

Black, dark bley, light bley. :) Monochrome series.
Pink, magenta, friends' colors.

R-User!

Maybe if its popular enough they will start doing more Batman UCS vehicles as well as a Burton remake. Good reason to support the Tumbler. Just figured I would toss in a little enabling.

Yeah, you gotta support the sets/themes that are going in the direction you want: vote with your wallet Winnie the Pimp!

Also, maybe you could buy a Tumbler, don't open it, and worst case, WORST CASE, wait 5 years, and sell it for double or more, and fund your purchase of the 66 Batmobile 2014 SDCC exclusive! (assuming that that is a set that IS released during this years SDCC, and for the next five years LEGO doesn't release a UCS Batmobile variant that you're interested in.) You'd probably get $400 minimum, and I wouldn't imagine a $40 exclusive 66' Batmobile would run for more than 10 times it's original cost...

Huh, huh? You like this idea?!

(
crickets chirping? Or blue birds singing?
)

I appreciate the effort :p but... since money doesn't grow on trees in these parts just yet, those 200 euro will go to another, worthier contender as far as i am concerned!

Yeah, you gotta support the sets/themes that are going in the direction you want: vote with your wallet Winnie the Pimp!

Also, maybe you could buy a Tumbler, don't open it, and worst case, WORST CASE, wait 5 years, and sell it for double or more, and fund your purchase of the 66 Batmobile 2014 SDCC exclusive! (assuming that that is a set that IS released during this years SDCC, and for the next five years LEGO doesn't release a UCS Batmobile variant that you're interested in.) You'd probably get $400 minimum, and I wouldn't imagine a $40 exclusive 66' Batmobile would run for more than 10 times it's original cost...

Huh, huh? You like this idea?!

(
crickets chirping? Or blue birds singing?
)

Oh no i like the idea, no doubt about it, but the thing is, you can apply that story to literally ANY big set out there, and believe me, i already did buy a couple sets for that purpose but i have yet to sell one and see if that trick ACTUALLY works in real life ;) so there's that... Well let's just say, if by chance, a couple years down the road i spot the Tumbler for 50% off, i wouldn't be against revisiting my present opinion and give it a another thought!

ruxtpin

Banned
I know there's a separate thread for the new SW trilogy, but did anyone else see the vid JJ Abrams posted featuring the new X-Wing? I'm so giddy for these new films, and I can't wait to see what Lego has planned for SW in the future.

I'm pretty disappointed that it's a UCS tumbler and not, like, any other batmobile that has ever existed. Oh well, hopefully there are some neat alternative builds that can come out of it.

Ravek

Banned
I'm pretty disappointed that it's a UCS tumbler and not, like, any other batmobile that has ever existed. Oh well, hopefully there are some neat alternative builds that can come out of it.

Honestly, given a certain about of time, I think every Batman fan will be satisfied with a UCS of their preference.

Except Batman Beyond... :sigh:, LEGO/DC/WB pretends like it doesnt exist.

kapowza

that's something Greenpeace should be annoyed about.

I wonder if this is the same beach:

british-lego-man.jpg

I took apart my Unimog yesterday, the skin on the outside of my right index finger is fucked up.

Ponn

Banned
Let's look at the facts we have available right now:

1) A 1966 Batmobile has been confirmed for SDCC.

2) The two other SDCC sets announced alongside the '66 Batmobile are not minifig scale.

3) The teaser picture Lego themselves posted shows a minifig scale '66 Batmobile.

4) The UCS set was rumored to be either TLM Batwing or the Tumbler. It was the Tumbler.

A) We can assume that there will be an additional minifig scale 1966 Batmobile if the teaser by Lego is anything to go on. Coincidentally, Adam West was recently confirmed to be in Lego Batman 3, and the 1966 Batman TV show was announced to be coming to DVD and BluRay this fall.

B) Rumors of a Batwing set had to come from somewhere, it was just announced that there would be a third Lego Movie wave, and minifigures were shown from one of the new sets - one of which happens to be Batman.

SDCC starts in two days.

I agree with most of what you are saying. I think TLM Batwing will just be a 3rd wave set. I wouldn't really go by that poster for the old Batmobile for real conclusions though. If you were though it looks like its only 4 studs wide at the front and it uses single cheese pieces for the headlghts along with this 2 x 2 clear grooved pieces for windows. I believe you can fit RR in that warbird and I think you would be able to fit Batman in that old Batmobile they just are somewhere between minifig scale and microfighters scale.

They probably feel this is more of a promo then a product they can sell in a full retail set. And it doesn't necessarily fit into a theme right now. I just wouldn't be holding out hope for a second 66 Batmobile set.

ghostmind

I know there's a separate thread for the new SW trilogy, but did anyone else see the vid JJ Abrams posted featuring the new X-Wing? I'm so giddy for these new films, and I can't wait to see what Lego has planned for SW in the future.

I saw the video this morning, and it sent shivers down my spine.

So hyped for what lies ahead for Star Wars, and since LEGO and SW are a convergence of two of my top interests, I cannot wait to see all of the new vehicles, locations and individuals brought to life in LEGO.

It is a great time to be both a Star Wars and LEGO fan!

Zerojul

I saw the video this morning, and it sent shivers down my spine.

So hyped for what lies ahead for Star Wars, and since LEGO and SW are a convergence of two of my top interests, I cannot wait to see all of the new vehicles, locations and individuals brought to life in LEGO.

It is a great time to be both a Star Wars and LEGO fan!
I dont't think I've ever felt this hyped for a movie before, not even for the PT back then.
I guess I'm in the minority but I'm really optimistic about this next trilogy and about the Lego renditions to come. Great times ahead indeed :)

Ponn

Banned
IGN has a headline for life sized LEGO Shredder but the app keeps closing.

Can anyone post pictures/details?

Here is the Kraang that Kraang requested. Kraang.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villain stands at a towering 7 feet tall, is 36 inches wide, and weighs 174 lbs. It contains 35,322 LEGO bricks and took LEGO master builders 269 hours -- that's over 11 days! -- to construct.

Top Bottom