• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

shredder0008-2jpg-8dd341_960w.jpg

From IGN

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villain stands at a towering 7 feet tall, is 36 inches wide, and weighs 174 lbs. It contains 35,322 LEGO bricks and took LEGO master builders 269 hours -- that's over 11 days! -- to construct.

Unfortunately, the big guy is not for sale. He was built to get fans excited for the upcoming TMNT movie, so be sure to stop by and take a selfie.

ruxtpin

Banned
I dont't think I've ever felt this hyped for a movie before, not even for the PT back then.
I guess I'm in the minority but I'm really optimistic about this next trilogy and about the Lego renditions to come. Great times ahead indeed :)

Same here. Back in 1999 I was pretty excited for Episode 1, but after seeing the final product I realized that just because something was Star Wars didn't mean it would be good. Hopes continued to be destroyed during the next two movies, but now the series is in the hands of someone that can write worth a flip - I am super excited; George Lucas can't give us any more classics like "sand is course and rough and it gets everywhere."

Xater

Fuck, 199,99€ in Germany, £159,99 in UK and 219,99€ in France/Belgium/Netherlands. I'm getting tired of that crap.

I think the price disparity between the US and Europe in general is quite annoying. Even worse when they not just replace the dollar sign with a Euro sign but also just decide to mark it up for kicks.

Stickers in a set like this is really disappointing IMO.

I also got the Aviation Adventures set today which is another Creator one. Was able to get it for 36.99 instead of 49.99. Pretty good way for me to salvage lots of parts after I have made all three builds.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Fuck, 199,99€ in Germany, £159,99 in UK and 219,99€ in France/Belgium/Netherlands. I'm getting tired of that crap.

I don't understand the discrepancies between the €-countries. They're neighbors and the taxes are the same.

I can't believe how close the Chinese bootleg Ledger Joker is to the one in that Tumbler set. Looking at the timing, I think someone on the inside may have leaked it to the bootleggers.

I'm glad I got it!

Jang LEGO Ideas 21110 Research Institute

Anyone posted this yet? I know a lot of people were a bit disappointed with the reveal but i'm still game to pick it up. Definitely something that can be improved upon (totes gonna make a bigger lab diorama) and not as awesome as the Exo suit but still cool I think.

I think it's great, love the concept and the execution. I think it's way cooler than the exo suit if only because of that dino.

It also get's a million extra points for the concept instead of being yet another pop reference in lego form.

Ravek

Banned
I think it's great, love the concept and the execution. I think it's way cooler than the exo suit if only because of that dino.

It also get's a million extra points for the concept instead of being yet another pop reference in lego form.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but cooler than the Exo-Suit? To each their own.

Additionally, im pretty sure with mininal effort and just looking at the picture you could create the skeleton. Yeah, maybe not white, but probably light/dark gray.

Wal Mart had Dragon Mountain on clearance for the amazing price of $49.99. Wow. Much discounts. And the box was all jacked up too.

Yeah, I see it sitting there a long time.

I know there's a separate thread for the new SW trilogy, but did anyone else see the vid JJ Abrams posted featuring the new X-Wing? I'm so giddy for these new films, and I can't wait to see what Lego has planned for SW in the future.

I saw the video this morning, and it sent shivers down my spine.

So hyped for what lies ahead for Star Wars, and since LEGO and SW are a convergence of two of my top interests, I cannot wait to see all of the new vehicles, locations and individuals brought to life in LEGO.

It is a great time to be both a Star Wars and LEGO fan!

I dont't think I've ever felt this hyped for a movie before, not even for the PT back then.
I guess I'm in the minority but I'm really optimistic about this next trilogy and about the Lego renditions to come. Great times ahead indeed :)

I knew I liked you guys for a reason. I am a little Star Wars mad and that video of JJ made me geek out. I am so pumped to see these new movies and Lego sets. The X-Wing looks great.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
I'll be very keen to see if they really do release a version of the Lego Movie Batwing - because I'd sure like to know the secret of keeping the wings stable.

As I'd posted back in Feb/March, I was planning to build a brick version using movie stills and the video game for reference. (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=101662994&highlight=#post101662994)

After a flurry of activity I lost momentum, had run out of pieces and had to store it away: https://www.flickr.com/photos/91612206@N04/

In the meantime Brickmasta on Eurobricks sped ahead and built his, but crucially had to put it on a stand, it couldn't be picked up.

This evening, however, I decided to try and bolt it together to try and get that swoosh factor, having realised the various ways I could make it all work...

Yep, it's a gorgeous, huge thing:

But it's not very stable...

The wings are unweildy, even AFTER I've replaced the original design with something stronger.

*If* TLG makes its own version, I'd speculate that it will be more compact (the way the Emmet Construct-O-Mech toy isn't anything like the movie version) rather than a direct copy (a la most of the other TLM sets).

In the meantime I'll have a rethink on how I can get mine to work...

wetwired

I'll be very keen to see if they really do release a version of the Lego Movie Batwing - because I'd sure like to know the secret of keeping the wings stable.

As I'd posted back in Feb/March, I was planning to build a brick version using movie stills and the video game for reference. (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=101662994&highlight=#post101662994)

After a flurry of activity I lost momentum, had run out of pieces and had to store it away: https://www.flickr.com/photos/91612206@N04/

In the meantime Brickmasta on Eurobricks sped ahead and built his, but crucially had to put it on a stand, it couldn't be picked up.

This evening, however, I decided to try and bolt it together to try and get that swoosh factor, having realised the various ways I could make it all work...

The wings are unweildy, even AFTER I've replaced the original design with something stronger.

*If* TLG makes its own version, I'd speculate that it will be more compact (the way the Emmet Construct-O-Mech toy isn't anything like the movie version) rather than a direct copy (a la most of the other TLM sets).

Fuck that looks awesome

Ravek

Banned

Very.
Fucking.
Cool.

neonglow

If anyone is by a Toys R Us, they're clearancing out Master Builder Academy sets by 45-50% off. I just picked up Action Designer (20217) for $45 and Robot & Micro Designer (20216) for $25. I know others have seen Adventure Designer and Invention Designer for $45.

UCS Tumbler looks nice though it doesn't do much for me.

My MINI shipped and should be here Friday. Can't wait to build though I dunno when I'll be free this weekend.

Ryuuroden

I am probably wrong on my dates. But I think I remember November being usual reveal time. January/February is the usual time they go on sale.

I don't know, seems to be earlier each year, I mean a few years back they were coming out in May/June then in March, etc then parisian came out january 1st

ghostmind

SDCC is all about licensed properties, so a set like the modulars would not debut there. If it does happen at a public event, it will be at a LEGO-specific one. First they have to officially reveal the new Winter Village set though.

ghostmind

More SDCC exclusive minifig raffle details, this time from FBTB:

The giveaways start at 12:30pm in the Sails Pavilion. There will be multiple iPads stations so the you can choose which one you want to test your luck on. If you are a winner, you will be going to another line to claim whatever prize that day is for. If you’re not a winner, you can try again the next day. There will be about 1,750 of each minifigure given out each day which is a lot more than last year so your chances of winning are a lot higher. Children’s badges don’t have barcodes so you will need a parent to be there with them. Both the parent and child can enter too with the parent’s badge scanned twice.

Does any regular LEGO-GAF member want a PS3 Destiny beta code? I'll be at Comic-Con so I won't have time to play it.

PS3? If you still have it, I'll check it out if you don't mind.

Most likely I'll get the game on PS4 when the bundle drops but I'm still gaming on my PS3 for the time being.

Rootbeer

Banned
(urk, damn, came to post that LEGO washing up on beaches article :p GAF is so good at this stuff, I am not worthy!)

Talk about mana from heaven (the sea?)

Ravek

Banned
Just saw GotG...makes me want the sets but I am hesitant!

I have the Knowhere and giant spaceship sets (forgot the name).

The spaceship is top notch.
comes with a built in boom box!

The Knowhere is not. Only good for the minifigs...thats about it...for $40.

Ravek

Banned
I like the idea of going beyond Series 3, but I wonder how long the interest can last. I know they'll lasso AFOLs in with parts in unique colors, but other than that I think I have enough eyes and new ball-joints to make my own Mixel creations after 3 series.

I don't think high interest will last past a few more series.

LEGO probably assumes that as well. However, theyre probably raking in the money with these mixels, therefore it'd be unwise for them to discontinue them.

I would guess LEGO makes about $2.25 to 2.85 on every Mixel sold. Thats huge.

Top Bottom