• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

neonglow

Jesus I NEED that Batmobile. Ughhhhhh.

So Rocket's Warbird is the only SDCC set that has an exclusive minifig? That's kind of a bummer.

Hopefully if I can't manage to get a Batmobile on ONE of the four days they're doing it, it won't be difficult to BrickLink. Any of you pros see any rare pieces or does it all look pretty standard?

Maybe the red wheel guards? I think if you bough the High Speed Chase set, you'd have a lot of the pieces.

60007-1.jpg

Eklipsis

So that TV show batmobile is minifig size? I wish it was smaller, like the other poly bags, it would look good with the batmobile and tumbler polybag sets.

ghostmind

Well, I don't need to seek out that Batmobile. The figures are easy to come by, and don't really look much like 60's Batman anyway, and I expect the instructions for the Batmobile to be up on the internet within the next couple weeks.

The only ones I'm really burned about are The Collector and the exclusive version of Rocket Raccoon. We do have another exclusive minifig reveal to come though, do we not?

I used the watch the old 60s Batman show as a kid but have no real love for it but that car is really cool. I also need that Batman and Robin and don't want to but the junior set they come in so it would be a pretty cool set for me. I do know someone who has flown over to comic. Maybe she'll have picked one up and I can bribe her to sell it to me haha

Ravek

Banned
Tempted to watch his review, but I'll just wait to discover how cool it is when my set arrives on Friday!

Also ordered the Hulk Lab Smash from Amazon. I couldn't resist the $40 sale price. That's right on the nose of $0.10 a piece with an outstanding selection of minifigs.

$40 is definitely a good deal on a overall superb set.

I guess what Lego should do, is make the sets that are SDCC exclusives just variants of sets that would later be available to everyone. Like if the Batmobile set would be released later this year, but the SDCC version had exclusive minifig variants or a special plaque that said SDCC 2014 or something. That way it's just a collectible variant and not an ENTIRE SET that nobody else can get.

Same with Minifigs. Like someone else said, make a SDCC variant of a fig, not an entire fig only available to people at SDCC 2014. Collector goes in a set, but Rocket Raccoon gets a variant. I think that would take the sting off a little, yeah?

Edit: like, POP! with their little statues they make. They made a Mr Incredible that's available to everyone, but for SDCC a few years back they made Mr Incredible in his retro blue outfit. So it's not like ONLY people who went to SDCC got Mr Incredible, they just got a rare re-color.

Finished my next modular. I've had it on the go for about 4 weeks so I'm finally glad to get it done. Okay build but I bit boring after the first floor. The finished building looks amazing though.

e8ov9Tg.jpg

So I've added the Grand Emporium to the Fire Brigade house. I had to rearrange the shelf to fit it in. I think all the figures will be moving to there own separate shelf soon. It is nice to have them all in one place though.

Ba5mWGC.jpg

7guomVU.jpg

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Update on my Batwing:

Bad picture lighting as I had some bright lights on... when I "only work in black" it is actually tough on the eyes.

Anyway, I built a Technic underwire... which turned out to be half useful. Or half useless. It really supported the main body, but the way to get this thing stable is to just put little towers of classic 2x2 bricks under the floppier wings.

The baseplate is a whopper 48 x 48 btw, to give you a sense of scale.

I think I'll stop there in terms of 'fixing' it.

Still to come are the decals for "the batwing" and the bat symbol on front, the seats inside and the little guns mounted next to the windshield.

Then that's it.

If TLG unveil an official version in the next few days, I'll at least have a reason to either tear this down and try making the TLM Batmobile!

PS. Thanks to whoever started a Reddit thread about this after my pics on here from last night :)

Ravek

Banned
^idk how you did it. Those wings look SO heavy. Looks amazing.

Edit: the more and more, I look at the fuselage and canopy/cockpit area, the more I love it.

ghostmind

75084 Wookie Gunship, from Star Wars Rebels, has been unveiled.

O14KGpi.jpg

Protect Wullffwarro and his Jedi friend, Kanan Jarrus, with the powerful LEGO® Star Wars Wookiee Gunship. As featured in the Star Wars: Rebels animated TV series, this amazing battle-ready craft has loads of weapons to see off any invading force, like movable front cannons and an elevating top cannon. When the action really heats up, raise the wings into attack mode and unleash the never-before-seen rapid shooters! If you run low on ammo, open the side hatches to access the spare supply, then lower the rear bay door and unload the mobile gun post. Includes 4 minifigures with assorted weapons: Wullffwarro, Kanan Jarrus and 2 Wookiees. Available January 2015, 570 pieces, $69.99.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Looks like the final SDCC exclusive figure is indeed Zur-En-Arrh Batman. You can see it in the poster below.

Oh golly - hope the bootleggers do a good version.

That's a terrible thing to say... But I'll never afford that via eBay and my kid loves the Planet X ep of Brave and the Bold.

ghostmind

Really digging the look of that Wookie Gunship. The rapid-fire stud shooters are an interesting new feature - curious to see how they work.

Woorloog

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/O14KGpi.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

A) Why do the Wookiees use muskets?
B) Does the gunship really have twin laser gatling guns? Not sure if stupid, overkill, or both.
C) The gunship resembles the Republic Gunship a but, double-cockpits, troop bay, wings...

Yup, guess I'll be getting the eventual bootleg

My bootleg Shazam is on my laptop right now, and he agrees.

TLG clearly loves putting random figures (Luke Cage, Taskmaster, Nova, Deadpool etc.) into sets because they know sales will spike due to the figs. It's frustrating to see such unique characters (Phoenix, Shazam, Clown-Suit Batman or whatever he is called) get introduced when the company must know that they're just feeding an inflated secondary market.

Even if they were to package the thing with a DVD or game the way that Iron Patriot was handled...it wasn't ideal but it gave people a realistic means to attain it.

Ponn

Banned
Will I at least be able to get that neat space flight suit batman in the poster somewhere? I'm kinda surprised that wasn't the pre-order bonus Lego Batman 3 at gamestop.

Oh god, what if it's another stores preorder bonus. I will need to get two copies.

ghostmind

One small consolation is that it is being reported that LEGO is raffling more of these exclusive figures than in previous years, with 1700 of each being the most common figure I am seeing.

Keep an eye on eBay, and if you really want one, get it via there either during or right after the convention. Prices will start to climb quickly in the weeks following the convention. And of course, try your best to make sure you are dealing with a trusted seller.

For myself, I would love to have the Collector minifig, and the Rocket Raccoon ship. However I won't be making it to SDCC this year, so I'll be considering my alternatives.

Ponn

Banned
One small consolation is that it is being reported that LEGO is raffling more of these exclusive figures than in previous years, with 1700 of each being the most common figure I am seeing.

Keep an eye on eBay, and if you really want one, get it via there either during or right after the convention. Prices will start to climb quickly in the weeks following the convention. And of course, try your best to make sure you are dealing with a trusted seller.

For myself, I would love to have the Collector minifig, and the Rocket Raccoon ship. However I won't be making it to SDCC this year, so I'll be considering my alternatives.

Unfortunately I don't have the budget to pay $200 for one mini-fig, or even $100. Especially when i'm trying to make sure I have funds to get Exosuit on August 1st. Between Green Lantern and now this freaking awesome Batman fig i'm just steamed enough I sent an email to Lego. I know its pretty worthless but it makes me feel a little better getting it off my chest.

I will have no moral issues picking up the eventual Decool SDCC figs.

ghostmind

Yay, more SW Rebels. THREE Wookies? Goddamn.

We still need a set with Sabine. And the Inquisitor.

She is one of the major new characters, so I was hoping she'd show up in the next wave.

I am sure they will also be part of the 2015 first wave - I'm expecting 2015 to be a heavy focus on Rebels and OT sets. At least until the end of 2015, when Episode VII will take over.

There is still set 75057 for this year, which is a still a mystery. I had heard it is a Rebels set as well, but LEGO is taking its sweet time in revealing it.

Hmmm...well I'm intrigued at least but I won't get my hopes up. I will keep an eye on evilbay though in the coming days.

Zerojul

O14KGpi.jpg
Not bad. It seems to be a decal-fest but I like the look and colors, plus wookies so yeah.
I am sure they will also be part of the 2015 first wave - I'm expecting 2015 to be a heavy focus on Rebels and OT sets. At least until the end of 2015, when Episode VII will take over.
That would mean at least 24 sets for the first wave of 2015 or am I missing something ?
How many sets usually come out in one wave ?
Also, as usual, I'm all in for a focus on OT sets :)

LEGO didn't respond to my inquiry if the pieces are supposed to have these lines, but I got a notice that they shipped replacement pieces. I'll update when i see what these look like.
I got my replacement pieces and the same lines are there, so I guess it's either supposed to look like this, or I'm leaning toward a manufacturing error/defect. The more I look at them, the more I'm thinking it can't have been the intent for it to look like this. The line stops where the structure inside begins, which makes me think something was wrong with the mold. I have seen a lot of these same pieces in other colors and never saw this line.

According to Brickset, both these pieces are only in Infearno so I guess most people haven't seen them yet.

Rootbeer

Banned

There is still set 75057 for this year, which is a still a mystery. I had heard it is a Rebels set as well, but LEGO is taking its sweet time in revealing it.

Hoping for a Sabine set then :3 I love her look.

And I want to reiterate how incredibly happy I am that they are not doing "toon minifig" versions of the rebels characters, and instead seem to be doing more traditional minifig styling on them. It is way, way better.

I don't even know who the Batman of Zur-enh-whatever IS yet that fig looks SO insanely cool i'd do horrible things to get one!!

actually i wouldn't, i wouldn't even pay more than 20 bucks on ebay to get one so fuck that...

TLDR: :(

Rootbeer

Banned
I wish that Batman of Zur-En-Arrh had the short ears as seen in the LEGO Batman 3 figures :) I really look forward to those rolling out in 2015 sets. It looks way better.

ghostmind

Hoping for a Sabine set then :3 I love her look.

And I want to reiterate how incredibly happy I am that they are not doing "toon minifig" versions of the rebels characters, and instead seem to be doing more traditional minifig styling on them. It is way, way better.

YRUONxZ.jpg

Amen to that.

Zerojul

100% agreed. The look of some of the CW figs is absolutely unbearable to me. I want a regular Aylaa Secura, dammit.

Top Bottom