• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rootbeer

Banned
75052 Mos Eisley Cantina 15% off, matching the other discounts for the summer SW sets on amazon.

Pretty nice discounts on these new sets!

Kicking myself for not hopping on the 2014 tmnt movie sets on amazon when they also had similar discounts. amazon already raised them back up to msrp.

Hoping for a Sabine set then :3 I love her look.

And I want to reiterate how incredibly happy I am that they are not doing "toon minifig" versions of the rebels characters, and instead seem to be doing more traditional minifig styling on them. It is way, way better.

Yes please. Those toon minifigs have the worst Lego heads. Legitimately freaky, I despised them so much.

Xater

I went shopping today and didn't find anything I wanted, but there was the Lego Store so this happened....

fotonmrh5.jpg

Thrak360

Neo Member
So I don't follow all the Lego SDCC history to know how it has worked in the past. But do these SDCC exclusives ever get a wide release later on? Like I recall a big deal being made about SDCC Azog, but then he ended up in a set. But that's just a minifigure, what about past year's box or tin sets? Do they ever surface at normal retail in some form or another, albeit without the specific SDCC packaging?

Yeah, I was just really interested to see Lego produce something from the '60s Batman TV series, and bummed that it may be so limited. I already saw this '66 Batmobile SDCC set selling on eBay, sight unseen, for $150-$200. lol

Experien

So I don't follow all the Lego SDCC history to know how it has worked in the past. But do these SDCC exclusives ever get a wide release later on? Like I recall a big deal being made about SDCC Azog, but then he ended up in a set. But that's just a minifigure, what about past year's box or tin sets? Do they ever surface at normal retail in some form or another, albeit without the specific SDCC packaging?

Yeah, I was just really interested to see Lego produce something from the '60s Batman TV series, and bummed that it may be so limited. I already saw this '66 Batmobile SDCC set selling on eBay, sight unseen, for $150-$200. lol

From my understanding they don't. Mini-BagEnd didn't get released or any other minifigs. As for Azog, I don't know if they said it was an exclusive minifigure but just exclusive packaging.

Experien

Tempted to pick up for same reasons as well. I just got a $25 amazon card so I might jump on this soon. I'm outa town, so it's hard to say if I should order now or not since I don't know when I'll be back home :-/

Well it is a pre-order for August 1 unless you mean you are out then. Even with Prime, I'd imagine it won't appear at your door until the following Monday.

With some help, I finally got the LDD2POV thing to work.

Too bad my old and busted PC takes ages to render... oh well. I'll post the results whenever it's done.

ghostmind

hnvlgF6.jpg

Lego: The Hobbit - The Lonely Mountain is a 866-piece set that comes with five mini-figures — Bilbo Baggins, Balin the Dwarf, Dwalin the Dwarf, Ori the Dwarf and Gloin the Dwarf.
And then there is Smaug, who comes with translucent fiery breath, scales, giant wings, sharp claws, spiky tail and poseable joints.
The Lair of Smaug will showcase a secret door, an Arkenstone-encrusted throne, golden nuggets, treasures, assorted mining tools, conveyor belt, chain pulley to raise and lower bucket, furnace with a light brick, melting pot and torches with translucent flames.
The set is to due to hit stores this fall and retail for $129.99.

ghostmind

I'll be waiting for better pictures, but so far that Hobbit set does not impress me at all.

Smaug needs to be twice that size... at least!

Ainaurdur

Got this from Eurobricks. Finally !! Green Lantern in a non-exclusive set!!

wsstnk9s6jwxgb4zfhzv.jpg
I take note of the translucent green pieces in the jet and imagine using them for a sort of Neo Blacktron II MOC.

I'll be waiting for better pictures, but so far that Hobbit set does not impress me at all.
Sadly I have to agree. The constructed scenes are scattered from all over the mountain, and are not accurate at all. Especially the throne. Would have been better if they just made it one large pillar and part of the stairs leading down into the piles of gold. But I guess they wanted it to cover the entire chase sequence? Still poor job of doing that, if so.

The Green Lantern set is a must buy but that Lonely Mountain set is super super weak. Smaug looks pretty darn pathetic, he needs to be bigger and more fearsome darnit.

Ravek

Banned
Besides the minifigs in the GL set, what about the rest of the set appeals to you guys?
Because I must be missing something.

Green Lantern set yessssss. Now there's only one and a half more reveals to go and everything I heard about will be known to all.

Told ya everyone would have something to be happy about :D

So who are we missing from the Justice Leauge? It's been a LOOONG time since I've watched anything related to JLA but I thought it was

Batman
Superman
Flash
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

So those of us lucky enough to have gotten MM should have the whole line up once the GL set comes out, right? Or am I missing some?

R-User!

Oh! Great and Terrible Smaug, how far ye have fallen!

Seriously though, I'm not really digging that set... :/

Edit: though the Sand Green(?) bricks are nice...

But I won't say I won't get this set :/

Ainaurdur

Oh! Great and Terrible Smaug, how far ye have fallen!

Seriously though, I'm not really digging that set... :/

Edit: though the Sand Green(?) bricks are nice...

But I won't say I won't get this set :/

I will be waiting until I can buy for under $90-100.
I think I will probably end up building by the instructions to start, and then take it apart to MOC a more appropriate scene for just Smaug and Bilbo to appear in.

Ravek

Banned
I will be waiting until I can buy for under $90-100.
I think I will probably end up building by the instructions to start, and then take it apart to MOC a more appropriate scene for just Smaug and Bilbo to appear in.

For $70 more dollars you can get an additional 1000 pieces in the Tumbler.

Ponn

Banned
I'm still super pissed about the SDCC exclusive Batman but HOLY WILLPOWER BATMAN! A Green Lantern set finally with Sinestro and Space Batman to boot in a $20 set.

The only thing missing is a Dexstarr figure.

I really, REALLY wanted a brick built Smaug. As far as mini fig scale goes that Smaug isn't too bad and at least they didn't just throw one of their Castle set Dragons in there. The set itself isn't actually too bad. I see alot of nice pieces in not common colors. I will wait till its discounted $100 or under though. Also i'm thinking something is off on that description. I see Dwalin and Balin but I don't see Gloin or Ori. Those other two look like Thorin and I think Kili. Which is a little disappointing, I need the other dwarves and I already have all those in the pic.

Green Lantern set yessssss. Now there's only one and a half more reveals to go and everything I heard about will be known to all.

Told ya everyone would have something to be happy about :D

So who are we missing from the Justice Leauge? It's been a LOOONG time since I've watched anything related to JLA but I thought it was

Batman
Superman
Flash
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

So those of us lucky enough to have gotten MM should have the whole line up once the GL set comes out, right? Or am I missing some?

The JL roster is ever changing like Avengers but yea with GL and the ones available you listed that is pretty much the core JL. I would add Green Arrow and Hawkman/Hawkgirl (depending on comics or JL animated).

Ryuuroden

Hmmm that smaug set. Most expensive set ever that I will get for just 1 figure heh. But hey even if I build and take apart right away, those colors and parts will be nice for other things. Sad that they didn't do a brick built smaug, but I expected this.

I know I'm very much alone on this but the Smaug set looks nice for what I'm looking for, but I agree that it's more a $100 set.

The Superhero sets always seem to have a good sweet spot for being a perfect deal when its the 3 minifigure ones.

Top Bottom