• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rootbeer

Banned
7ea8f4_fe52bf4788da4053b3b82a3afcef350e.png_srz_p_317_171_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Blocks magazine... is it magazine only or does it come with lego pieces? I'm sure that is a render but it's awfully thick for a render. Hmm.

I would sub but it's quite expensive and it's a euromag, figures, most of the best ones are anymore (which also inflates the price for us in NA)... maybe they will do digital versions?

I'm in a really slow line trying to buy the exclusives. Not sure they'll have anymore before I make it to the front.

Amazing. Pics if you succeed!

Ponn

Banned
Sorry Neonglow, but I was not a fan of the Spidey/Fury set. Like the figs but the set was pretty disappointing.

Whaaaaaaaa. It has the freaking pimp ass green convertible. When my Hulk fig isn't cruising in the Milano he's cruising around in his green pimp machine.

PSA haven't see it posted in here but noticed Amazon has preorder bonus for Lego Batman 3 and its the Batgirl Keychain. Kinda neat but of course the Gamestop Plastic Man is better.

Ravek

Banned
Good call, great set! Same with the Mags/Storm/Wolverine set.

Sorry Neonglow, but I was not a fan of the Spidey/Fury set. Like the figs but the set was pretty disappointing.

Wha.....that set is awesome. I honestly give two shits about Spidey and Venom in that set. FURY and his wheels owned.

I've taken interest in the mini robot scene (specifically mobile frame zero styled stuff) but I don't have very many lego parts to use since I mainly have just bionicle parts. I just discovered bricklink though and am thinking about buying a bunch of pieces I think I need in bulk (probably like ~200-300 total). Does anybody have an idea about how reliable bricklink is? Anyone here run into scams? People selling phony non-lego parts?

ghostmind

The inclusion of Sinestro, and the prominence of the Yellow Lantern logo in that set has me hopeful that they will explore the other factions of light in future sets.

The inclusion of Sinestro, and the prominence of the Yellow Lantern logo in that set has me hopeful that they will explore the other factions of light in future sets.

Larfleeze set with lots of trans orange pieces. MINE! MINE! MINE!

EDIT: The sad thing is that anytime I see pics of that Green Lantern mini fig, all I can hear is Jonah Hill.

Ryuuroden

EDIT: The sad thing is that anytime I see pics of that Green Lantern mini fig, all I can hear is Jonah Hill.

Better Jonah Hill than that other guy that ruined the live action movie >.>

I take it back, that live action movie was ruined from the getgo no matter who was the actor.

This thread is moving slower than the last thread, Will the next modular be announced before this thread ends or after. I mark this threads age by Parisian restaurant metrics

Better Jonah Hill than that other guy that ruined the live action movie >.>

I take it back, that live action movie was ruined from the getgo no matter who was the actor.

This thread is moving slower than the last thread, Will the next modular be announced before this thread ends or after. I mark this threads age by Parisian restaurant metrics

We must accelerate our posting then. We have brought in some new faces due to The LEGO Movie. But I know I have not been posting as much due to not buying many sets at all this year.

In the end, it is awesome that we have brought many new faces into here. Everything is awesome.

Ponn

Banned

I'm feeling unless there is some miraculous resurgence of Green Lantern we should thank our lucky stars we got this.

Think Nathan Fillion - Think Nathan Fillion - Think Nathan Fillion

PSA Lego Haunted House on AWD for $146

ghostmind

I've taken interest in the mini robot scene (specifically mobile frame zero styled stuff) but I don't have very many lego parts to use since I mainly have just bionicle parts. I just discovered bricklink though and am thinking about buying a bunch of pieces I think I need in bulk (probably like ~200-300 total). Does anybody have an idea about how reliable bricklink is? Anyone here run into scams? People selling phony non-lego parts?

I've used Bricklink dozens of times, with sellers all around the world, for everything from individual elements to large 1,000+ piece sets. In my experience, I find it more reliable than eBay, though I tend to still err on the side of caution and usually only do business with sellers with a solid reputation. Just make sure that you understand the terms of the specific store you are dealing with, and their shipping policies and costs. That goes double when dealing with an international seller.

If you ever find yourself questioning a listing, then ask the seller. Any of them worth doing business with will answer your questions about condition, environment, etc, and many will go the extra mile and send you photos of the item(s) in question. That's the key though - ask, never assume.

Ryuuroden

I have to add, as amazing as the minifigs are in the green lantern set, that spaceship is pretty abysmal

yeah but....everyone knows the superhero lines arn't for the playsets. You maybe get 1 good playset per wave, actually that pretty much is the average...And HEY, at least you guys average that! I have to live with the shit they put out for LoTR and Hobbit :/

EDIT: ok, now that I think about it LoTR had mutiple great sets...its the Hobbit sets that drag it all down zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz walls zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz uninspired zzzzzzzzzzzzz

ghostmind

The fact that I get these three minfigs for $20, they could have made the ship out of Duplo and I would still buy it without reservations.

Speaking of Duplo,
if The LEGO Movie sequel continues where the first one ended, I hope TLG makes at least one set with a mix of standard LEGO elements, and Duplo bricks in the same box, and makes it so desirable that we all end up with a bit of Duplo in our collections. That would make me smile.

Sweet merciful crap, 10hrs into it and the render is only ~40% complete.

Aaaaand I chose the wrong green; I wanted that Blacktron 2 neon green but I think I picked the glow-in-the-dark one, though it shows as transparent in LDD, sooo...

I have to add, as amazing as the minifigs are in the green lantern set, that spaceship is pretty abysmal

Like many super hero sets, it is a figure pack that just comes with some bricks as a bonus.

However, there are some shining gems of builds in the super hero line. But for many of the sets, the figures are the real stars.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm hoping they just leave the Duplo thing as a joke and don't incorporate it too deeply in 2. Maybe they can talk about the "
Duplo Wars
" as an event that already occurred, I'd be okay with that.

Ponn

Banned

I'm not sure why everyone is down on the ship. That's alot of neat green pieces and translucent green pieces. I'm assuming its a construct, also we get the Green Lantern logo. It would be neat if they actually have a couple different builds for constructs with the pieces and include multiple instructions with the set.

Got this from Eurobricks. Finally !! Green Lantern in a non-exclusive set!!

wsstnk9s6jwxgb4zfhzv.jpg

The tradition of the $20 SH set with excellent minifigs continues!

The $20 Super Hero standard is still golden. They all aren't home runs, but they have all been excellent values.

Good call, great set! Same with the Mags/Storm/Wolverine set.

Disappointing? I understand it not being amazing, but I will speculate it was disappointing because you had some very high expectation going into it. :)

Ouch! I agree it's a very simple spaceship, but abysmal is a bit harsh. :p

My disappointment is that there are no rings included. Use the mould for the LoTR ring in trans green and trans yellow would have sufficed. I would have taken them in non-trans colors too.

EDIT: I'm also still upset LEGO still feels the need to have Batman as an anchor. LEGO apparently doesn't have much faith in the other non-Batman characters. They even had to bundle Superman and Wonder Woman together in one set to warrant not having a Batman in that set.

EDIT: I'm also still upset LEGO still feels the need to have Batman as an anchor. LEGO apparently doesn't have much faith in the other non-Batman characters. They even had to bundle Superman and Wonder Woman together in one set to warrant not having a Batman in that set.

So, just like DC and their film properties then? ZING!

After 2.5 hour wait, I did manage to get all 3.

What the hell?!? They were on sale today?? God dammit!! I was signing for an hour and a half but I totally thought they didn't start selling them until the actual con started, not at preview night.

What's the deal with them? You just gotta get to the Lego booth wicked fast and early and then just stand in line and hope they don't sell out?

neonglow

What the hell?!? They were on sale today?? God dammit!! I was signing for an hour and a half but I totally thought they didn't start selling them until the actual con started, not at preview night.

What's the deal with them? You just gotta get to the Lego booth wicked fast and early and then just stand in line and hope they don't sell out?

Yeah. It started selling at opening but no exhibitor badges allowed. I got there 5 minutes after the convention opened and was really far back of the line. 5 days, 200 each day.

What booth are you signing at?

ghostmind

I see that the Rocket Raccoon set is already going for $250 for "buy it now" on eBay.

If anyone wants to sell me the Rocket set, the Collector, or the Batman from ZNR, for a reasonable price, let me know.

Yeah. It started selling at opening but no exhibitor badges allowed. I got there 5 minutes after the convention opened and was really far back of the line. 5 days, 200 each day.

What booth are you signing at?
The Boom! Comics booth! I think it's booth 2229? I'll be there again tomorrow from 11-12, and Sunday from 2:30-3:30!

What time does the hall open? I HAVE to get that Batmobile. HAVE. TO.

neonglow

The Boom! Comics booth! I think it's booth 2229? I'll be there again tomorrow from 11-12, and Sunday from 2:30-3:30!

What time does the hall open? I HAVE to get that Batmobile. HAVE. TO.

Sale starts at 930am but only handicap people and exhibitors get in at that time. General public get in at 10am. No exhibitor badges allowed so swap it out if you have one.

Zerojul

Got this from Eurobricks. Finally !! Green Lantern in a non-exclusive set!!

wsstnk9s6jwxgb4zfhzv.jpg
Awesome figs, the rest is pretty meh but the figs alone are worth it. Hell, considering the price of the exclusive, GL alone is worth it. Nice to see you post ;)
After 2.5 hour wait, I did manage to get all 3.

Awesome haul, congrats !!!

I see that the Rocket Raccoon set is already going for $250 for "buy it now" on eBay.
Shiiiiit ! Well, there goes my Racoon :(

R-User!

You know I was looking at them and had that exact thought but it was kind of depressing. Just think that the majority of these sets will never be opened, assembled and enjoyed by anyone.

That's why I said it. Because it IS a strange dichotomy.

Purchasing something you'd love to build but being conflicted because you know that you will completely "devalue" the resaleability of said set...

I'd have trouble building those sets, and that would be a "bummer" feeling.... I would take a picture proving that I did have them for a time if I ever decided to sell them. I would probably not open them immediately if I ever did. I would probably mull over my feelings for a few weeks...

BUT, know that you have made an INVESTMENT in your future, that will perhaps bring you MORE LEGO! That's the ticket!

YES!!!!! GL set finally!!!

awesome one too from the looks of it.

Also: just when i was thinkin "the hell does Hal need that Jet for?? It's just like how Spidey doesn't need a bike to get to places" someone posted it might be a construct *mind blown* :O

Top Bottom