• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Sale starts at 930am but only handicap people and exhibitors get in at that time. General public get in at 10am. No exhibitor badges allowed so swap it out if you have one.

Not an exhibitor, luckily, just a professional. I'll have to get there pretty damn early though to get in at 10am I assume. And even then, my next signing is at 11am so unless I'm at the front of the line or damn near it, I don't think I'll be getting one tomorrow :\

Oh well, I have Friday and Saturday completely devoid of panels or signings so if I'm SOL tomorrow I can always try to get one then.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Someone on Eurobricks has attempted an LDD of the '66 Batmobile, but it's a stud too long it seems.

Fingers crossed the real instructions emerge as SDCC kicks off.

neonglow

Not an exhibitor, luckily, just a professional. I'll have to get there pretty damn early though to get in at 10am I assume. And even then, my next signing is at 11am so unless I'm at the front of the line or damn near it, I don't think I'll be getting one tomorrow :\

Oh well, I have Friday and Saturday completely devoid of panels or signings so if I'm SOL tomorrow I can always try to get one then.

My advice is to use the back entrance instead of the crowded front entrance. Go up to Ballroom 20 on the 2nd floor and there will be a staircase to the right of the door that will lead to the back of the exhibit hall.

Cross posting from the steam thread because it's lego-related (and awesome).
Snakethesniper said:
I have to share this with you guys!
This is the "birthday card" that my gf made for me.
60RgpxC.jpg

k3Wrgbl.jpg

EucWGUl.jpg

EV24lV5.jpg
It's basically a "custom" lego set xD

On the cover it says:
Included accessories and features:
- Ignore your girlfriend
- Special minifigure limited run : Vlad "the kgb russian" + key!
Have fun making shady and dangerous dealings!
I don't know if the translation is correct, but it does an idea xD
Also the "real" gift is the BTTF Lego Delorean! So happy!

Holy cow, those sets are already beyond overpriced, is this normal for conventions? I don't really have the chance to go to them...though I should visit the Denver one sometime.

wetwired

I hope for prints !!!! (But it's probably gonna be stickers).

Hard to say from that image, I'd hope for printed as that's a fairly large surface for a sticker, it'd be unusual to have a sticker on a minifig too.

Those wings are new too aren't they? the old ones were more moulded.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Can't really tell, but maybe those wings are just a plastic sheet cutout. Like Jabba's Barge sails.

Yep, it's possibly that thin material used on the flags in the early 2000s castle line, or the 80s/90s flag material. It's potentially been chosen as it's cheaper to make given that there's other new moulds/prints in that set (eg. Batman's helmet).

theaface

How do fellow LegoGaffers feel about another building contest soon? I assume I'm not the only one who has 'the itch' to get creating?!

Zerojul

Hard to say from that image, I'd hope for printed as that's a fairly large surface for a sticker, it'd be unusual to have a sticker on a minifig too.
That makes total sense, but when it comes to LEGO and stickers I've decided to be prepare for the worst. So there can only be good surprises :)
How do fellow LegoGaffers feel about another building contest soon? I assume I'm not the only one who has 'the itch' to get creating?!
I'm in :D

kapowza

Sinestro's thing looks like a love-tester or one of those things you hit with a hammer to ring a bell and win a stuffed bear at the fair.

Xater

I would be game as long as we don't get zoo ambitious. Since I just started collecting again my part pool might not be big enough.

theaface

I would be game as long as we don't get zoo ambitious. Since I just started collecting again my part pool might not be big enough.

I was thinking in a similar vein to the 4th contest - picking a relatively low cost set (e.g. a £15/£20 set from the Creator line) and making something from that?

Fairly sure Hal did do a Jet construct in either Secret Origin or Rebirth hmmm

Either way, i thought about it some more and... constructs are usually made of all neon green light that turns solid, this jet is made of several different colors... seems like a real jet to me!! Though i am not sure just how far Lego designers are actually researching this stuff ;)

Zerojul

I was thinking in a similar vein to the 4th contest - picking a relatively low cost set (e.g. a £15/£20 set from the Creator line) and making something from that?

Yes, I think we should keep the costs as low as possible. August is already gonna be a wallet-killer as is ;)

Either way, i thought about it some more and... constructs are usually made of all neon green light that turns solid, this jet is made of several different colors... seems like a real jet to me!! Though i am not sure just how far Lego designers are actually researching this stuff ;)
Maybe they use this thing at some point in the upcoming Lego Batman 3 game, like that bat-spacesuit.

Xater

I just think Lego didn't want to build something that was made out of all trans green parts. ;)

Hal's jet looks like a green version of the jet that came with Hulk Breakout.

That's exactly what I thought. They're both (assuming from the image) decent little jets but even with a dedicated LEGO room in my house there isn't room to keep them out.

Those wings are new too aren't they? the old ones were more moulded.

Those wings definitely look new; they appear to be much larger the the older ones. I can't imagine them using a sticker for a figure either. TLG is so focused on play value and the sticker would get destroyed.

Cross posting from the steam thread because it's lego-related (and awesome).

This is very cute. You have a keeper.

My advice is to use the back entrance instead of the crowded front entrance. Go up to Ballroom 20 on the 2nd floor and there will be a staircase to the right of the door that will lead to the back of the exhibit hall.

So glad you got them! Sounds like a terrible line-up but I'd have done the same thing.

I just think Lego didn't want to build something that was made out of all trans green parts. ;)

yeah, just like they didn't wanna throw a couple rings in there either :(

Sometimes i think Lego should do these things right or not do em at all, but i'll be quiet now since i am overjoyed that we are gettin the figs at all :)

Rootbeer

Banned
Someone stole a bag full of the Collector minifigs...

Bragged about it on 4chan and someone took a screenshot.

This rancid motherfucker right here... someone catch this SOB.

It's bad enough when people scalp these, but to steal a whole bag only to scalp them all? We can't let that fly!

Hopefully someone at LEGO knows their shit and they track him down. Sure would be suspect if an ebay seller had 30 of these to sell wouldn't it? I hope they are that stupid.

Ravek

Banned
My Blacktron 3 mech finished sometime in the night:

Sucks about the wrong trans-green, I'll have to find out which is the right one.

Looks good.

After seeing the 360 of the GL set, I more excited. The jet still looks weak, but somehow I missed the fact that the canopy is trans yellow. Along with the other trans pieces, its a good pieces only set.

regardless, it was a day 1 buy for minifigs alone

Top Bottom