• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

neonglow

That's a lot of flying vehicles! The garbage truck looks amusing with its jaw action. I wonder if the fire truck mech actually transforms?

Too bad about the lack of Batman and Classic Space guy.

A lot of the flying vehicles will have an alternate build. They will also be normal vehicles that you find in the classic City theme. We could see that in the packaging for the sets with the label 2 in 1

y9fVbdQ.jpg

A lot of the flying vehicles will have an alternate build. They will also be normal vehicles that you find in the classic City theme. We could see that in the packaging for the sets with the label 2 in 1

y9fVbdQ.jpg

That makes sense. Ice Cream van could be cute in alternate build. Needs pics of the alternates.

neonglow

Creativity wise, I think LEGO Movie sets are the strongest theme for 2014 just like Lone Ranger was the strongest theme for 2013. We just need pics of the alternate builds.

All LEGO Movie set images are out.

Seems like I'm the only one digging them. It's LEGO designers on acid. The sci-fi police car is just like that Darth Maul speeder set. Looks cool. I think the firetruck mech is cool. Has a transformers vibe to it.

There are lots of interesting parts thrown into these sets. Light bley chicken?

I'll get most of the smaller sets definitely if they reach 30% off. Will wait to see if sets are a failure and grab a bunch of more expensive ones on deep clearance. These sets have a lot of interesting parts which I'm sure will attract resellers.

10694709753_64173df032.jpg

That tan drill for a giant ice cream cone.

That's the spirit! Lots of moulds in new colors. All those multi-colored ice cream too. I see 4 of those new ice cream holders too.

EDIT: I think I see a set with 3 red new parts in a set that are used in the Parisian restaurant for the plant pot. They are suction cups or something in that set.

Seems like I'm the only one digging them. It's LEGO designers on acid. The sci-fi police car is just like that Darth Maul speeder set. Looks cool. I think the firetruck mech is cool. Has a transformers vibe to it.

I was really hoping for the inclusion of a Classic Spaceman, but I'm still really impressed with the craziness of some of the sets. Many of the vehicles look really vanilla but a few are absolute must buys for me.

ghostmind

Hmm.

First impression is disappointment. I was hoping for more of "adventure in the classic themes", than "taking a classic theme and turning it into a vehicle/mech".

On further review I am really interested in a lot of the minifigs - some great new additions for a CITY build, like this guy:

icpQQGS.jpg

There is also some new elements, and some new colors of existing elements, but is that enough for me to buy the sets, or just bricklink the minifigs?

If most of these sets have alt modes, my interest level will rise.

ruxtpin

Banned
I like emm' - I won't get all the sets, but I can see myself picking up several of them. They remind me of what I would have built as a kid. I had a mish-mash of different lines (Pirates, Castle/Forestman, Space Police 2, City, etc) - so anything I built on my own was a kind of Frankenstein creation using bits from the entire range.

I was really hoping for the inclusion of a Classic Spaceman, but I'm still really impressed with the craziness of some of the sets. Many of the vehicles look really vanilla but a few are absolute must buys for me.

Oh man, I forgot about that. Yeah...really disappointed in that. I have a bunch of blue ones from a recent set LEGO put out. I really want a lot of red and white ones. No classic space based builds either. :(

Maybe a wave 2? Extremely unlikely, but just being hopeful.

ghostmind

Oh man, I forgot about that. Yeah...really disappointed in that. I have a bunch of blue ones from a recent set LEGO put out. I really want a lot of red and white ones. No classic space based builds either. :(

Maybe a wave 2? Extremely unlikely, but just being hopeful.

Yes, there is supposed to be a second wave.

Local shop where? Are they finally coming out in the US?

A shop outside of Toronto that specializes in hard to find LEGO. They have things like that Batman board game and several other rare sets. They received a number of wave 4 planets but instead of being $13 they are $22 (they needed to buy them on the aftermarket).

Is that supposed to be Priss from Bubblegum Crisis?

I've never seen her in such a suggestive pose.

I'm liking the police vest/jacket from the new movie sets. Wish there was a easier way to get more of them. Might get the police/fire sets if they look good in vehicle mode.

Also what's up with Bad Cop's face?

Does that Firetruck Mech actually transform, or is that just wishful thinking?

If by transform, you mean it can be rebuilt like the Kre-o "Transformers", it's possible. I see only 2 wheels, but there may be 2 more in the back. It certainly seems to have enough parts otherwise.

Kre-o should rename the Transformers sets to the Reconstructors.

Fowler

Late reax to the movie sets...

I actually am quite impressed by them... but the thing that impresses me is also the reason why I probably won't get any of them.

I like how crazy and improvised they look. I like how they look like a kid with a bunch of bricks and a wild imagination has come up with the sets. Like the crocodiles with police lights. Or the crates with arms and legs and guns. They're full of all those extra silly and unnecessary things I used to throw on sets to make them cooler (like all the oddly positioned wheels all over the place).

Or this thing:

All LEGO Movie set images are out.

What the hell is that thing? It's a medieval... boat... hovercraft... thing... with carriage wheels as engines... and missiles... and arrows. And it is amazing. It looks like the sort of thing I thought I'd be able to make when I was younger, yet probably never could. It is quite brilliant to me, and in a way, it feels like a refreshing change from the "clean"-ness of all other sets.

But... that's also why I don't think I'll buy them. They look too improvised. They look like I threw them together badly. And even though I never could, and even though they are probably far more clever than anything I'd ever build, I don't think I'd get a set like that.

I might change my mind once I've seen the movie, though!

Vyer

Movie sets are nice and crazy. I'm digging it.

Also I don't know what the hell some of those minifigs are, but I still want em.

Rootbeer

Banned
I can't believe how good the LEGO movie sets look... previous comments are right, these sets look totally bonkers. LEGO on acid indeed. I figured I'd end up getting 1 or 2 but honestly, these builds look like so much fun, and there's so much variance and interesting pieces being used here... I may have to get them all.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
From The Great Walmart Crash of 2013:

Before the website went down, I had gotten some of the games like Sonic Lost World (3DS) and Pokemon X/Y for $18 each. I then checked the LEGO prices.

Huge mistake.

Major sets were as low as $10 while cheaper sets were over $300. I missed out on these guys as Christmas gifts right before the website crashed.

8YCZhoS.png

Falch

Yeah some dude just bought 11k in Dell monitors priced at 8.88 dollar. Haha.

Anyway, love the cop minifig with the derp face.

wetwired

I ordered a few sets through hopshopgo.com, will be excited if the order is actually honoured though...I'm expecting it to get knocked back.

1x US$10.99 LEGO Lone Ranger Stagecoach Escape Play Set

1x US$10.99 LEGO Lord of the Rings Battle at the Black Gate Play Set

1x US$10.99 LEGO Hobbit An Unexpected Gathering Play Set

1x US$10.99 LEGO Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase Play Set

2x US$10.99 LEGO Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout Play Set

Total US$72.53

Too bad Orthanic was out of stock, it was $10.99 too

Rootbeer

Banned
Uuuuggghh :( I bought a few games on walmart tonight but didn't think to check legos, sigh :(

no offense but if that gets honored it's just criminal and I will hate you :p The deals I snagged on the 3ds games i ordered isn't nowhere near as good, even if that gets honored.

*edit* oh... i figured they would have fixed it by now, those deals are STILL up??? it's been hours! someone must be ready to lose their job over this...

wetwired

Uuuuggghh :( I bought a few games on walmart tonight but didn't think to check legos, sigh :(

no offense but if that gets honored it's just criminal and I will hate you :p The deals I snagged on the 3ds games i ordered isn't nowhere near as good, even if that gets honored.

Even if it does go through it might make you feel better that I'll have to pay probably the same again to get it redirected from the US to Australia :)

Rootbeer

Banned
lol. :p Well good luck...

I'm trying my luck (for a second time) just placed some lego orders... i'm sure it won't go through but hey, why not try...

Sure, I'll take a LEGO Castle for $10.99! Sure, I'll take a Hobbit Goblin King's lair for $10.99! Sadly a lot of the other big sets are already sold out, one (black gate) even sold out as i was checking out (I had it in my cart... bleh)

anyway, many walmarts across the USA are opening (or already open if they are 24/hr) as I speak... I wonder how many people (if any) have been able to actually pick up orders?

wetwired

lol. :p Well good luck...

I'm trying my luck (for a second time) just placed some lego orders... i'm sure it won't go through but hey, why not try...

Sure, I'll take a LEGO Castle for $10.99! Sure, I'll take a Hobbit Goblin King's lair for $10.99! Sadly a lot of the other big sets are already sold out, one (black gate) even sold out as i was checking out (I had it in my cart... bleh)

anyway, many walmarts across the USA are opening (or already open if they are 24/hr) as I speak... I wonder how many people (if any) have been able to actually pick up orders?

I just noticed that the hopshopgo service I used says "the order will be placed with 48 hours".

I noticed the black gate is already sold out and they will likely be out of stock or have fixed the system by the time my order is made..so I ordered again myself sans black gate and had is shipped directly to the mail redirection depot. fingers crossed.

From The Great Walmart Crash of 2013:

Before the website went down, I had gotten some of the games like Sonic Lost World (3DS) and Pokemon X/Y for $18 each. I then checked the LEGO prices.

Huge mistake.

Major sets were as low as $10 while cheaper sets were over $300. I missed out on these guys as Christmas gifts right before the website crashed.

8YCZhoS.png
WTF? No way any of those prices will be honored. A bunch of people will raise a huge stink and get some press for it, but what is obviously a website error will not stand and no one will get those insane deals.

I went to the site just to see, and they list many of the new Star Wars sets like the Republic Gunship for $365 new. Yeah. Something really wrong there.

Ugh, wish I saw the Walmart deals earlier. Would've loved to get An Unexpected Gathering for $11. :'(

So would I, but websites don't honor things like this any more. Back in the late 90s you could raise a stink and get your $8 Pink Floyd 11 disc CD box set, but these days the Ts & Cs in your agreement generally point this out.

Top Bottom