• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

factorybelt

Neo Member
Ordered a few things for instore pickup, but I'm waiting for confirmation that they are ready.

Fingers crossed, but who knows? It's Wal-Mart.

ghostmind

So would I, but websites don't honor things like this any more. Back in the late 90s you could raise a stink and get your $8 Pink Floyd 11 disc CD box set, but these days the Ts & Cs in your agreement generally point this out.

Except in the gaming forum we have folks picking up $300 55" Samsung TVs from their Walmarts this morning because of the error.

Someone's head is going to roll because of this one, but just imagine getting all the Galaxy Squad sets for $100 total.

Except in the gaming forum we have folks picking up $300 55" Samsung TVs from their Walmarts this morning because of the error.

Someone's head is going to roll because of this one, but just imagine getting all the Galaxy Squad sets for $100 total.

Oh oh oh! I didn't realize that you could fulfill the order via in-store pickup. Wow. Yeah, that allows for both the autonomy of a local manager or the ignorance of a given clerk. Crazy!

So would I, but websites don't honor things like this any more. Back in the late 90s you could raise a stink and get your $8 Pink Floyd 11 disc CD box set, but these days the Ts & Cs in your agreement generally point this out.

Probably. I guess I'll wait for Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday sales. See if I can get AUG cheaper that way.

Palpatine's Arrest is on sale for $59.99 at TRU today. I usually only stick to Original Trilogy for Star Wars, but I think I'm going to go snag it unless anyone has a good reason not to.

rallaren

That fire truck mech (and flying ship) looks pretty cool but it does not look like it can actually transform into a truck. Any word on this?

So far there's only one set in the Atlantis line that transform mech<->vehicle.

Maybe it would breach the Transformers license or copyright that their competitors use?

ghostmind

Palpatine's Arrest is on sale for $59.99 at TRU today. I usually only stick to Original Trilogy for Star Wars, but I think I'm going to go snag it unless anyone has a good reason not to.

Palpatine's Arrest has also recently gone OOP, so it would be a good time to still get it.

So there are now 12 Series 1 figs I don't have. I just got a call saying they're all waiting for me....but added up they'll be $122.

Seems like a lot but I haven't really dug into the aftermarket cost on these things. Is $122 for all but the Tribal Hunter, Cheerleader, Crash Test Dummy & Scuba Diver a good deal?

ghostmind

So there are now 12 Series 1 figs I don't have. I just got a call saying they're all waiting for me....but added up they'll be $122.

Seems like a lot but I haven't really dug into the aftermarket cost on these things. Is $122 for all but the Tribal Hunter, Cheerleader, Crash Test Dummy & Scuba Diver a good deal?

I paid $90 for all 16 back in March of 2012, so your price doesn't seem out of line.

Are they "new" or "used"?
Do they come with accessories? Some accessories are common so no biggie, but some are unique.

The 3 most expensive are the Zombie, Robot, and Nurse. Some of them you can get through sets available from LEGO S@H or LEGO store.

Cheerleader and Skateboard guy with accessories come with the LEGO calendar set for $15 US. Some parts from Series 1 CMF have been known to show up at the PAB at the LEGO store also, but I haven't seen many in a long time. This is how I got caveman and a few others almost a year ago.

Issue is if you get individual CMFs from a lot of different sellers, the shipping costs will add up. Problem is getting them new, the prices are going up for some of them. Almost $10 for the clown and a couple others. However, ones that did make it to PAB like test dummy, caveman, etc are under $5.

8 for ~$15 each is a bit pricey, but if you can get Nurse, Zombie, and Robot (these go for around $20 each new) new or great condition it may be worth the convenience of one seller. Wrestler and Clown are around $10 new.

I paid $90 for all 16 back in March of 2012, so your price doesn't seem out of line.

Are they "new" or "used"?
Do they come with accessories? Some accessories are common so no biggie, but some are unique.

The 3 most expensive are the Zombie, Robot, and Nurse. Some of them you can get through sets available from LEGO S@H or LEGO store.

Cheerleader and Skateboard guy with accessories come with the LEGO calendar set for $15 US.
Some parts from Series 1 CMF have been known to show up at the PAB at the LEGO store also, but I haven't seen many in a long time. This is how I got caveman and a few others almost a year ago.

Issue is if you get individual CMFs from a lot of different sellers, the shipping costs will add up. Problem is getting them new, the prices are going up for some of them. Almost $10 for the clown and a couple others. However, ones that did make it to PAB like test dummy, caveman, etc are under $5.

8 for ~$15 each is a bit pricey, but if you can get Nurse, Zombie, and Robot (these go for around $20 each new) new or great condition it may be worth the convenience of one seller. Wrestler and Clown are around $10 new.

Thanks guys. All are still bagged and have been identified by feelers.

Are the figures included with the calendar identical to the CMF series 1 figs? I could save $12-$15 by skipping them...

Palpatine's Arrest has also recently gone OOP, so it would be a good time to still get it.

Thanks for the heads up. I grabbed the last one but had to go to a second TRU to find it. I was actually surprised the three I saw on Monday were already gone at the first one I went to.

ghostmind

Just placed an order with Amazon UK for a bunch of CITY sets. I'm up-to-date on CITY now, except for the Town Square (waiting on the TRU BF deal) and a few exclusives (waiting for Brick Friday). A few more Friends sets that I want to get, and I will be fully caught up just in time for the 2014 sets to start showing up.

On another note, it looks like the 3368 Space Center is finally OOP.

Thanks guys. All are still bagged and have been identified by feelers.

Are the figures included with the calendar identical to the CMF series 1 figs? I could save $12-$15 by skipping them...

Yes. I can't tell if they are from the same production run or factory (guessing they are), but they are identical.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=col002

Lists the Calendar set under Gear link for the same entry. This is based on Bricklink which isn't necessarily 100% accurate. I can't tell the difference comparing mine from the calendar set to photos.

I believe parts of cheerleader were in PAB at one point minus the accessories (pom poms).

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I got a 55 inch Samsung TV and order 2 Kayaks from walmart. Didn't even think to look at the LEGO until after the site went down. TV is sitting at my parents house as a Christmas present.

I got a 55 inch Samsung TV and order 2 Kayaks from walmart. Didn't even think to look at the LEGO until after the site went down. TV is sitting at my parents house as a Christmas present.

Gratz! Envious of everyone that got great deals. Some people are going to get fired over this one unless site was hacked (then maybe just IT security personnel). That is a HUGE screw up.

EDIT:

Ravi Jariwala, a spokesman for Walmart, said: "I want to make very clear this is not a hack. This is an internal technical error."

mrkgoo

Haven't followed Lego for a few months. I just don't have the disposable income to buy premium expensive toys.

But season 12 mini figs look cool.

Falch

Gratz! Envious of everyone that got great deals. Some people are going to get fired over this one unless site was hacked (then maybe just IT security personnel). That is a HUGE screw up.

EDIT:

Ravi Jariwala, a spokesman for Walmart, said: "I want to make very clear this is not a hack. This is an internal technical error."

Where I live there are laws that basically state that if the price of a product is completely unrealistic (for example, Dell monitors for 8.88) than that store doesn't have to sell it for that price. So, something like the Wallmart screw-up could never happen over here.

Anyone have an opinion on this for Lego storage/sorting?

akro Mills organizer

Looks good if you have a lot of the very small items you need to keep separate.

Where I live there are laws that basically state that if the price of a product is completely unrealistic (for example, Dell monitors for 8.88) than that store doesn't have to sell it for that price. So, something like the Wallmart screw-up could never happen over here.

I think some people picked up the items before the glitch was found.
http://mylitter.com/walmart/walmart-update-glitch-morning/

Ponn

Banned
So, sorry for wall of text incoming but finally got off ban over a console i'm not even interested in so will just be writing off gaming side till this launch bullshit is over. Will stay in the safe confines of Lego Gaf.

First, i've been playing and loving the shit out of Lego Marvel game. Game is so much fun and has that perfect mix of crossing age barriers with humor for everyone. I had to pause and laugh during the last boss battle when
Galactus will suck you up and if he eats you he literally says "nom nom nom nom"
Just freaking hilarious. The game is making me pine for soooooo many figs (Guardians, ARCHANGEL, Havok) and I am dying for a UCS Helicarrier.

Next, my belated Halloween pics. Unfortunately someone stole the pumpkin I did with the mirkwood spider coming out of it but here was the diorama I did. I already apoligized to Phon for stealing his train idea but copying is a form of flattery, or something like that. Still this was my first moc so be nice.

Dowkzl6.jpg

My man-eating tree I created. I think it turned out pretty good, was trying to come up with idea for a mouth when the idea to use the leaf pieces with the shitload of teeth pieces I have laying around sprang to mind.

and lastly my crazy nod to Christmas coming up

I have something else big that happened the other day but i'm going to make a separate post later with a wall of pics seeking Lego Gaf's help. I'm not sure what to do or where to go with what I got or what I really have for that matter, gold mine or bust, but will post it a little later.

Next, my belated Halloween pics. Unfortunately someone stole the pumpkin I did with the mirkwood spider coming out of it but here was the diorama I did. I already apoligized to Phon for stealing his train idea but copying is a form of flattery, or something like that. Still this was my first moc so be nice.

Ponn01 your train looks awesome, and I really like the man-eating tree. Totally original on that front-well done!

Man eating tree is awesome. And I see my flying train idea "took off." *sniff* Feels good.

Also, I see you repurposed Balin's tomb if I am not mistaken.

Ponn

Banned
Ponn01 your train looks awesome, and I really like the man-eating tree. Totally original on that front-well done!

Thanks, it was mostly a learning experience for me. I want to do better with my ground and surrounding effects.

Okay so this guy at work has been noticing the Lego stuff I bring in and put up and for months he's been saying he thought he still had all of his sons lego in his garage and he would bring them in for me. Well months later monday he comes in with this box.

Now, its not the complete set, the box is in really good condition, but chock full of this

I'm kind of overwhelmed and don't know if i have something worth cataloging or doing something with. There were instructions in the box.

And i'm finding pieces from all the sets but nothing looks complete, especially the figs. I'm finding Pirate Lego pieces but no instructions. I'm going to post what I thought was the more unique pieces starting with the base plates.

and then the more unique pieces, especially that bubble thing. Lots of colored visor/cockpit pieces.

in the corner that one wing looking piece has a hologram effect on it, there is like a spring loaded strut lego piece, the blue flat bigger piece with a spine and flap pieces and a magnet lego piece here. Never seen any of these pieces.

grayish crocodile, various printed pieces, no stickers. All the pieces are in excellent condition to, just some dust.
one more pic of box

So yea, eeeek. Not sure what I really got here or what I should do so HELP!! please.

Man eating tree is awesome. And I see my flying train idea "took off." *sniff* Feels good.

Also, I see you repurposed Balin's tomb if I am not mistaken.

yup, thanks for the train idea, that was stupendous. And yup Balin's tomb. I need to start earlier because I was going to use all the Mines of Moria set to make like a mausoleum in the middle of the graveyard.

That one castle baseplate belongs to the Dark Forest Fortress from Dark Forest. I know since I have it complete.

Otherwise, you can just sort out the pieces or show us what you have...I'm sure some of us would love the older Lego, I know I am.

The Doop

Nice snag! Free is always good.

Speaking of older LEGO, my Mom dug up a bunch from when I was a kid in a big LEGO branded denim bag with draw strings. Mid 80's stuff. Mostly space set pieces(helmets intact:) and generic bricks, but there's a handful of these guys. Totally forgot I had them when I was younger, but what was LEGO thinking?

They had a lot of ideas in the 80's...some good like Blacktron, Forestmen and Fabuland...and then you have that. I had one of those and I was quick to lose him.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sorry for the bump but I *think* might have scored...

all my walmart orders say cancelled EXCEPT...

for a pokemon guide that I got for $3 and change, it shipped. got the tracking number and everything...

and... wait for it...

PART of my lego order. Some items got cancelled... the train and goblin king set (*sob* i need those dwarves...)

but it claims the following three shipped, all of which I got for 10.99 each:
* King's Castle playset (yup that new $100 one)
* space hive crawler
* space crate creeper

I'll let you guys know how it works out... if I end up getting any or all of these it will easily be one of the best LEGO scores of my career >.>

the latest shipping status detail says it "Left FedEx origin facility" so I think it could be a done deal

Red neon parts are Ice Planet, the white wing with a hologram on it is Exploriens. Lots of cool stuff there. I'm guessing your co-worker is 28-30 years or so?

wetwired

I finally got some photos of my sorting method, a small sample of photos to give you and idea....

storage_01.jpg

Entire collection, pretty much everything has been dismantled at this point except the ghostbuster HQ, Ecto-1, Delorean and my 2 Tumblers. Not in shot is a tub full of minifigs. The deeper container on the pile on the left is full of windows, doors stairs etc.

storage_02.jpg

Random container with green, there is another container that has dark green/lime green and olive green.

storage_03.jpg

storage_04.jpg

These 2 are all of my dark grey bricks (minus large plates and other larger pieces which are in a tub). The top one is bricks, plates, tiles and modified bricks. The 2nd container is the rest, slopes, wedges, hinges, modifed plates, technic parts etc.

storage_05.jpg

Transparent pieces and decorated pieces (printed or stickers)

storage_06.jpg

This is my misc container, minifig utensils, backpacks, small vehicles, weapons, food, animals, flowers and smaller plants (big leaves and shrubs are mixed in a big tub), chains and string and various other bits and pieces. I pretty much always have this one on hand as it's good for detail work or doing untraditional building with.

I finally got some photos of my sorting method, a small sample of photos to give you and idea....

storage_01.jpg

Entire collection, pretty much everything has been dismantled at this point except the ghostbuster HQ, Ecto-1, Delorean and my 2 Tumblers. Not in shot is a tub full of minifigs. The deeper container on the pile on the left is full of windows, doors stairs etc.

storage_03.jpg

storage_04.jpg

These 2 are all of my dark grey bricks (minus large plates and other larger pieces which are in a tub). The top one is bricks, plates, tiles and modified bricks. The 2nd container is the rest, slopes, wedges, hinges, modifed plates, technic parts etc.

You must have the bricks really compact like the top bley container in photo. I was expecting your entire collection to be a bit bigger based on your LEGO convention display. Impressive that you were able to compress them so much.

Also not in the shot is your really nice Ikea shadow box displays of minifigs.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

storage_01.jpg

Dude.......I think there is a BEAR on your sofa playing rock band......Be Careful....

The Doop

Sorry for the bump but I *think* might have scored...

all my walmart orders say cancelled EXCEPT...

for a pokemon guide that I got for $3 and change, it shipped. got the tracking number and everything...

and... wait for it...

PART of my lego order. Some items got cancelled... the train and goblin king set (*sob* i need those dwarves...)

* space hive crawler
* space crate creeper

I'll let you guys know how it works out... if I end up getting any or all of these it will easily be one of the best LEGO scores of my career >.>

the latest shipping status detail says it "Left FedEx origin facility" so I think it could be a done deal

I'm in a similar boat. They cancelled only 2 items in my orders, but the rest still say "Processing" so I'm not sure what the heck that means. Not getting my hopes up, but it does seem odd. If anything, I'll be getting a $10 gift card out of it.

storage_01.jpg

storage_02.jpg

Random container with green, there is another container that has dark green/lime green and olive green.

storage_03.jpg

storage_04.jpg

storage_05.jpg

Transparent pieces and decorated pieces (printed or stickers)

storage_06.jpg

This is my misc container, minifig utensils, backpacks, small vehicles, weapons, food, animals, flowers and smaller plants (big leaves and shrubs are mixed in a big tub), chains and string and various other bits and pieces. I pretty much always have this one on hand as it's good for detail work or doing untraditional building with.

Thank you for posting that. Always curious to see how others organize their stuff.
I am surprised at how small of an amount of storage you have there considering how big your collection seems to be (based on stuff you put together). Very cool.

Dude.......I think there is a BEAR on your sofa playing rock band......Be Careful....
tumblr_mj93jiSohn1qdm1cbo2_r1_500.gif

Hopefully it's not like this teddy bear from Supernatural.

Looking at my parts inventory for what I have planned to finish the holiday scene, I might have to take a trip to LEGO store today and get a few PAB cups. Will probably cash in my $50 worth of VIP on just PAB and call it a day. That sounds like a valid reason to drive there. I pray they still have those 1x8 white tiles left.

ghostmind

Amazon UK is at it with discounts again. Got a Creator Fam House on the way myself.

Some crazy deals on Amazon UK right now.

Cargo Train 7939 is $116US
Passenger Train 7938 is $71US

You can get them both shipped for $198US at the moment. MSRP on these trains is $310US - currently on Amazon US you can get them both for $287.

If you want to see what sets are currently selling best, you can check out:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/kids/423583031/?ie=UTF8&tag=tbbanner-21&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=19450

Note - the best way to see your price is to put it in the cart. The prices listed on the site include VAT, which is removed when you go through the checkout if you are from NorthAm.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm in a similar boat. They cancelled only 2 items in my orders, but the rest still say "Processing" so I'm not sure what the heck that means. Not getting my hopes up, but it does seem odd. If anything, I'll be getting a $10 gift card out of it.

Good luck. Just got another shipping update for mine... it's in another city now. Good signs.

Amazon UK is at it with discounts again. Got a Creator Fam House on the way myself.

You can get them both shipped for $198US at the moment. MSRP on these trains is $310US - currently on Amazon US you can get them both for $287.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/kids/423583031/?ie=UTF8&tag=tbbanner-21&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=19450

Note - the best way to see your price is to put it in the cart. The prices listed on the site include VAT, which is removed when you got through the checkout if you are from NorthAm.

Thanks for the heads up. Great deal, but I must resist. LEGO is shooting itself in the foot because I can't afford all the sets I want already. I need to keep an eye out for Amazon UK discounts. I usually just skip those.

Matt

* space hive crawler
* space crate creeper

I managed to get Titan and Eradicator Mech from Wal-Mart (already picked up). Thing is I don't really want the Titan, and I also have an unopened Jabba's Sail Barge and Jabba's Palace that I don't want either. Maybe I should try to trade them.

Fowler

Wow, those Amazon UK prices are insane... and I think they ship to HK.

I'm a bit short of money now though. So what do you say LEGO GAF: Which 2 would you pick out of Helm's Deep, Pirate Ship Ambush and Jabba's Sail Barge?

neonglow

Note - the best way to see your price is to put it in the cart. The prices listed on the site include VAT, which is removed when you go through the checkout if you are from NorthAm.

Thanks! I ended up getting the passenger train and the Grand Prix Racer. It's about $73 to the US for the Technic set.

Haul from LEGO Store trip:

Both Christmas polybags. Three small PAB cups with TONS of white bricks and tiles for my holiday scene. Three more gingerbread men, a scarecrow, and the mountain climber. If I stayed longer the clerk would have felt out the last two figures I need, but I was in a time crunch. Now to sort the cups.

I'm a bit short of money now though. So what do you say LEGO GAF: Which 2 would you pick out of Helm's Deep, Pirate Ship Ambush and Jabba's Sail Barge?

Helm and Jabba. Pirate is kinda meh, I regret getting it.

Helms Deep if you like LoTR stuff. It's also OOP so that will soon be hard to get at a good price. The other two are new and you're likely to see more sales on those.

Top Bottom