• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

It would never happen but a modular Up house would be awesome :p

Be still my beating heart. That would be absolutely amazing!

The UK website is still down. I really should have gone into the store to pick it up. My girlfriend has been going over the figures for what we'd need for a house and to be honest it's really making me think twice about every Lego purchase now. So conflicted!

I get the feeling that the Wall-E Lego is going to be next year's SDCC exclusive or be available in extremely limited numbers like the Exo Suit. =(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I get the feeling that the Wall-E Lego is going to be next year's SDCC exclusive or be available in extremely limited numbers like the Exo Suit. =(

It'll probably fail like all the other cool projects and we'll end up with something ordinary like the set with multiple birds.

wetwired

they'd never do a lego ideas set as an SDCC exclusive, it defeats the purpose of the entire world voting for a project for it to only be available to people at SDCC

Ravek

Banned
they'd never do a lego ideas set as an SDCC exclusive, it defeats the purpose of the entire world voting for a project for it to only be available to people at SDCC

Well, if the 10k number is true for the Exo-Suit, that too would defeat the purpose.

Do you know how many of your set was produced?

Ryuuroden

I'm starting to get worried that I may not be able to get the exo-suit. I have an install to do out of town and might not finish Thursday. If the site goes down and I can't order Jesus will I be furious. I grew up on classic space, I was one of the 10k voters, if my set goes to some scalpers who use all their family members to buy multiples then resell them for like 300 dollars each I will be furious at the Lego group. I am resigned to sdcc being a shitfest don't make everything you release a load of crock. Now I hope that all my raging now doesn't come to pass and everyone gets what they want. I am just starting to get sick of Lego turning into a collectors item that you don't open. I said earlier that I pay attention to the collectables world but I have never agreed with the mentality and it saddens me that Lego wants to encourage it even more with the limited bullshit etc. End rant.

P.s. Even if I manage to get my exo-suit this whole last month is going to leave a sour taste in my mouth about the way Lego does things and I never ever thought I would have to say that about Lego, EVER!

neonglow

I'm starting to get worried that I may not be able to get the exo-suit. I have an install to do out of town and might not finish Thursday. If the site goes down and I can't order Jesus will I be furious. I grew up on classic space, I was one of the 10k voters, if my set goes to some scalpers who use all their family members to buy multiples then resell them for like 300 dollars each I will be furious at the Lego group. I am resigned to sdcc being a shitfest don't make everything you release a load of crock. Now I hope that all my raging now doesn't come to pass and everyone gets what they want. I am just starting to get sick of Lego turning into a collectors item that you don't open. I said earlier that I pay attention to the collectables world but I have never agreed with the mentality and it saddens me that Lego wants to encourage it even more with the limited bullshit etc. End rant.

P.s. Even if I manage to get my exo-suit this whole last month is going to leave a sour taste in my mouth about the way Lego does things and I never ever thought I would have to say that about Lego, EVER!

If you miss buying it, I'm sure one of us will hook you up with our extra set. A few of us are buying at least 2.

Anyone getting the Scientific Research Institute, or whatever its called set, on Friday? I plan on picking one up.

My plan was to buy 2 of each Ideas set next month to reach $100 and get the Mini Cooper polybag for free.

Ravek

Banned
My plan was to buy 2 of each Ideas set next month to reach $100 and get the Mini Cooper polybag for free.

Is that the only perk for August?

I, too, plan on buying 2 Exo-Suits,1 a Research set, and that new Star Wars jedi scout ship. Im not sure how much that is but it should be over $100.

neonglow

Is that the only perk for August?

I, too, plan on buying 2 Exo-Suits,1 a Research set, and that new Star Wars jedi scout ship. Im not sure how much that is but it should be over $100.

If you can hold until mid month, the free Chima polybag with $50 purchase kicks in. It'll stack with the Mini Cooper polybag promo but Exo-Suit will probably be OOS by then.

Ravek

Banned
If you can hold until mid month, the free Chima polybag with $50 purchase kicks in. It'll stack with the Mini Cooper polybag promo but Exo-Suit will probably be OOS by then.

Thanks! Ill prob just order more on the 15th, though. Gotta collect all those VIP points to get ready for UCS Tumbler...

Ainaurdur

Really doubt the S@H limit will be only 1 each for the Exo Suit. (At least I hope not. I definitely want at least 2 of the Suits, and no Lego Store anywhere close to me.)

If I am able to, I intend to order 3 Suits.
If they put the limit at 2, then I will get 2 Suits, 1 Research Institute, and 1 Dol Guldur Ambush to be able to get the Mini Mini.

Ponn

Banned
Anyone with UCS experience can say what is the stock on those type of sets like Tumbler? Is it like regular sets that are available for a year or are they limited supply? Will it be Lego exclusive?

Ravek

Banned
No idea, I'd say it'll be on par with BTTF, it'll be around for a while

I assumed you didn't know, but I figure it didn't hurt to ask.

By the way, I forgot to mention that my daughter absolutely loves your set. When I was done building it, she just propped down her belly and admired it for a good few minutes before taking the minifigs and "fighting" ghost.

Guy at West Hartford LEGO Store recognizes me now. Which is a good thing. He told me to call him on Friday morning so he could save an Exo Suit and Research Institute for me. Might grab two of each. I need green space men, and a second Research Institute for my wife to put on her desk.

On a related note, I have talked some on here about being really tight financially for most of this year as my wife finishes school. Well, she just got a major job offer today. It should be finalized over the weekend, so by September we will be living somewhere else, and she will be making double what we both make together now. It is going to feel so good to finally be at peace financially.

And get back to buying LEGO in massive quantities. I feel double VIP is going to be BRUTAL for me this year because of that.

And I still owe some people sets for things they held for me. Don't worry. I haven't forgotten.

Ainaurdur

On a related note, I have talked some on here about being really tight financially for most of this year as my wife finishes school. Well, she just got a major job offer today. It should be finalized over the weekend, so by September we will be living somewhere else, and she will be making double what we both make together now. It is going to feel so good to finally be at peace financially.

And get back to buying LEGO in massive quantities. I feel double VIP is going to be BRUTAL for me this year because of that.

That is great news, Bone!
Just try not to go too crazy at 2xVIP. ;)

wetwired

Cade and I finally did some more reviews for 1980s something, I still think we need to improve but hopefully it's better than last time. I need to improve the audio for the next time we film (we've already filmed 2 more but after that), I've figured out how to do it, so next time it should be better. Any other comments people have is welcome, format, presentation, content etc.

Retro Classic Spaceman Minifgure Review

Our aim is to be a more adult look at lego sets and not be "zOMG AMZINg" like brickshow tends to do with every single set. We'd like to be able to do time lapse for every set but it's really time consuming so it's not likely, we've thought about doing a part breakdown too but I'm not sure, would you guys be interested in that kinda stuff?

HUGE congrats!

(moving sucks)

That is great news, Bone!
Just try not to go too crazy at 2xVIP. ;)

HUGE congrats!

(moving sucks)
Wife has to finalize it all, but they sent an offer today. Trying not to get too excited about it. I am so used to getting excited then getting disappointed in the end, but this is almost a sure thing. She should accept tomorrow, and Friday I can start spreading the word at work.

The good news is it happens right before my vacation, which means I can use that time off to fly down and find a place to live. Which means all that overtime money is gone. Oh, well. Just gotta save up for double VIP.

But my wife getting a job and me being able to leave my current store is a great birthday present. :)

Rhaegar

Congratulations! Everything is awesome!

ghostmind

Guy at West Hartford LEGO Store recognizes me now. Which is a good thing. He told me to call him on Friday morning so he could save an Exo Suit and Research Institute for me. Might grab two of each. I need green space men, and a second Research Institute for my wife to put on her desk.

And I still owe some people sets for things they held for me. Don't worry. I haven't forgotten.

Not to mention the possibility of Triple VIP again in November... <palpatinegrin.jpg>

Congrats Phon!

Not to mention the possibility of Triple VIP again in November... <palpatinegrin.jpg>

Congrats Phon!

The triple VIP is tempting. Just one mega purchase day. But I don't want to chance it NOT happening. Either way, after Exo Suit and Research Institute this weekend, it is back on a sabbatical.

Ravek

Banned
To Wetwired,

The only thing I noticed during your classic space man video, that could be improved is the editting. There was a couple times during the booklet portion where there was very clearly two shots edited together, and it wasn't very smooth.

Sorry if I'm coming off like an asshole. It was great regardless.

Eklipsis

Congrats!

wetwired

To Wetwired,

The only thing I noticed during your classic space man video, that could be improved is the editting. There was a couple times during the booklet portion where there was very clearly two shots edited together, and it wasn't very smooth.

Sorry if I'm coming off like an asshole. It was great regardless.

Nah that's the kind of feedback we need, I dunno how I missed that

Gendale LEGO Store employee arrested for stealing $50k worth of LEGO. I think it's probably the Death Star if the value was $400 each.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...f-dollars-worth-of-legos-from-glendale-store/

That's the store WordAssassin works at. I'm surprised she was able to get away with so much inventory. She had to have been fudging the inventory numbers, but with such huge numbers there is no way she could have hidden it from the shipping numbers from corporate forever.

Rootbeer

Banned
Gendale LEGO Store employee arrested for stealing $50k worth of LEGO. I think it's probably the Death Star if the value was $400 each.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...f-dollars-worth-of-legos-from-glendale-store/

I'm SO glad they were caught. Everywhere you go on craigslist an ebay you are seeing tons of unopened sets selling at fairly reasonable prices, you really wonder about some of these sellers and how they fulfill their stock.

LEGO Store employees getting a 50% discount is probably a big draw for anyone willing to scheme the system. But, stealing them works too I guess.

Any insight into just HOW she could have stolen so much WA?

1R6zAYUl.jpg

I found this at Target today, it looks alright consider the small pieces count.

Zerojul

Great news, congrats Phon !

Thank you, everyone. But it is more congrats to my wife. She has worked hard for the last several years for this. I just reap the benefits by eventually having more money to feed this terrifying hobby.

Thank you, everyone. But it is more congrats to my wife. She has worked hard for the last several years for this. I just reap the benefits by eventually having more money to feed this terrifying hobby.

I almost forgot this was a hobby and not an obsession/addiction. Congrats on a brighter more plastic filled future.

Top Bottom