• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

I'm SO glad they were caught. Everywhere you go on craigslist an ebay you are seeing tons of unopened sets selling at fairly reasonable prices, you really wonder about some of these sellers and how they fulfill their stock.

LEGO Store employees getting a 50% discount is probably a big draw for anyone willing to scheme the system. But, stealing them works too I guess.

Any insight into just HOW she could have stolen so much WA?
I have no idea at all, I actually got more info from that article than I got from work, which I guess makes sense because of HR and all. But $50K worth of merch is a fucking LOT of merch. I can imagine like pocketing a mini figure or two because they're small but walking out with actual sets, let alone the big ones?

Ugh. I feel kinda stupid cause this happened like right under our noses. :<

okay, the s@h is up again but no sign of the exosuit?
If you're in the US, Exo-Suit doesn't launch until August 1st. That goes for S@H, too.

Ponn

Banned
It's a pretty sweet set, with that "Bruce Wayne to Batman" elevator feature. However, the unique minifigs (Wayne and Bane) are only worth about $10 each on the market.

Yea those are two figs id like and only ones i dont have from that set. Id also like a place to park all my Bat vehicles.

Im thinking though maybe they will unveil a new Batcave set for next year since they did Arkham this year.

Xater

Went to the Lego Store and bought an Exo Suit.

There were plenty there. No idea if that means it's really not that limited. So I only bought one.

Norfair

Circumstances brought me and my daughter to the Lego store last night. I picked up a snow speeder and inquired about the exo suit. The guy at the register said they had a good amount of them in back and ready for the 1st.

Rootbeer

Banned
Circumstances brought me and my daughter to the Lego store last night. I picked up a snow speeder and inquired about the exo suit. The guy at the register said they had a good amount of them in back and ready for the 1st.
giphy.gif

I have a 20% off coupon for Toys R Us. They have the star wars super star destroyer (the new one) for 129.99. I am thinking about pulling the trigger. I wanted the UCS one sooo bad, but space is limited and dat price!!!

So... is there anybody that has it that can tell me how wide it is, how long it is, and what the height is? Also.. does it have a stand/ base so it can display nicely? Any help would be awesome!!! Thanks!

Rootbeer

Banned
I have a 20% off coupon for Toys R Us. They have the star wars super star destroyer (the new one) for 129.99. I am thinking about pulling the trigger. I wanted the UCS one sooo bad, but space is limited and dat price!!!

So... is there anybody that has it that can tell me how wide it is, how long it is, and what the height is? Also.. does it have a stand/ base so it can display nicely? Any help would be awesome!!! Thanks!

Did that coupon come in the mail? I should check mine today... dang it, forgot to do it before leaving for work.

I will be looking around for that SW polybag too. Hope I can find one. here is the brickset entry for it, it already appeared earlier this year at another store, but it's not unusual for Target to get previously retailer exclusive polybags months later. This is a good thing!

http://brickset.com/sets/30246-1/Imperial-Shuttle

Did that coupon come in the mail? I should check mine today... dang it, forgot to do it before leaving for work.

I will be looking around for that SW polybag too. Hope I can find one. here is the brickset entry for it, it already appeared earlier this year at another store, but it's not unusual for Target to get previously retailer exclusive polybags months later. This is a good thing!

http://brickset.com/sets/30246-1/Imperial-Shuttle

It came in the mail. I think my wife signed up for a registry at Babies R Us when she was pregnant... and now we get them every month.

If the exo suit is limited to only one online tonight, that will suck as I'll need to buy more stuff to hit the $75 free shipping threshold. Hoping the online limit is two or three.

Experien

If the exo suit is limited to only one online tonight, that will suck as I'll need to buy more stuff to hit the $75 free shipping threshold. Hoping the online limit is two or three.

I'm planning to get the Research Institute for my gf's aunt so if I can only get one, I'll just throw on a Galaxy Squad or TMNT set. What do you think the chances are of just one?

Ryuuroden

I think it will be less limited than you guys think and you probably panic over nothing.

I hope your right and it's just people making stuff up. I just called my Lego store and they said I could call tomorrow and get 2 held till I can pick them up later. I will probably put in an order online to play it safe anyways. If I end up with extras beyond the two I definitely want to keep, I'll hook up gaffers who miss out if there is shortages.

What are these Chinese sites you speak of?

I'm sorry? Were you taking to me? I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about.

Just kidding. Go to: http://m.aliexpress.com and search for lego minifigures. No shipping cost, you get the product in a couple of weeks. Quality ranges from perfect to fair, but overall they are virtually indistinguishable from Lego minifigs. Newer products seem to have better quality. All the knockoff bricks suck though. I throw them away.

Do you guys/gals know of any bootleg Joel and Ellie minifigs from The Last of Us?

Not sure what they look like, but you can probably piece together minifigs that resemble them.

I'm sorry? Were you taking to me? I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about.

Just kidding. Go to: http://m.aliexpress.com and search for lego minifigures. No shipping cost, you get the product in a couple of weeks. Quality ranges from perfect to fair, but overall they are virtually indistinguishable from Lego minifigs. Newer products seem to have better quality. All the knockoff bricks suck though. I throw them away.

Decool brand is the highest quality IMO.

Jerkson

Banned

xehjaSL.gif

Thanks, this will come in handy.

Still waiting. Will be interesting to see if I can buy two. If I can only buy one, I will need to get... oh, let's say, Palace Cinema, to make up for the difference :D

Ravek

Banned
Still waiting. Will be interesting to see if I can buy two. If I can only buy one, I will need to get... oh, let's say, Palace Cinema, to make up for the difference :D

The closer we get to launch, the more I believe the 10k comments were bullshit...time will tell.

Rootbeer

Banned
Snagged two of the SW polybags from target.

Now we wait. for Exo-Suit listing to go live!

I need an order to get me over $99 for the free mini cooper. Assuming I can order two Exo-Suits it will be easy. If not I have some thinking to do...

Past 12 and still no exo suit or research. Boo. I'm off to bed.

I'm going into town tomorrow to pick up doctor who symphony tickets so I'll try and pick them up at the lego shop.

Rootbeer

Banned
S@H buyers... what do you plan on ordering with your exo-suit to either qualify for free shipping ($75 order) and/or get the free polybag (with a $99 order)?

Past 12 and still no exo suit or research. Boo. I'm off to bed.

I'm going into town tomorrow to pick up doctor who symphony tickets so I'll try and pick them up at the lego shop.
If you're in the area, that would work. Or you could set your alarm for 5 or 6 hours and it should be online then.

S@H buyers... what do you plan on ordering with your exo-suit to either qualify for free shipping ($75 order) and/or get the free polybag (with a $99 order)?

If you're in the area, that would work. Or you could set your alarm for 5 or 6 hours and it should be online then.

The only reason I was precious about doing it online was because of the 5% back I got from quidco, otherwise it's just easier for me to pick up in store.

Top Bottom