• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Eklipsis

I do that also...rotate through my few hobbies. Sometimes I obsess over one then I won't have anything to do with it and focus on a different one.

GF and I hit up the Lego Store before dinner.

qiyefk2.jpg

One Exo Suit for me, one for her.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yep. It's funny to see the same posters on pinball gaf, beer gaf, boardgame gaf, miniature gaf, etc.

Ha - yeaaaah...I've been a member/continue to be a member of all of those. :p

The one thing I'll never do is go back to System. It's Technic or bust for me. I have a STUPID large collection of Nanoblocks that I vastly prefer to LEGO System (for my own reasons). But Technic is a thing of its own, and I really dig it.

Ryuuroden

Got my 2 exo-suits and 1 research institute after dinner tonight. It was amazing, I had them hold 2 copies for me but when I got there, the shop still had sets on the shelf which surprised me. My lego store has a history of selling out pretty quick on new releases. So I have some to build right now and 2 more coming August 15th. More than I planned to get, I planned to build a 3 suit team but I guess I'll still do that and save the fourth as a gift for someone.

Its been 24 hours and I still haven't gotten a confirmation email yet. I ordered as a guest so I don't really have any other way of knowing that it shipped. I heard it takes up to 48 hours to get an email. Thats crazy.

Ravek

Banned
Its been 24 hours and I still haven't gotten a confirmation email yet. I ordered as a guest so I don't really have any other way of knowing that it shipped. I heard it takes up to 48 hours to get an email. Thats crazy.

This happened with my last order, and def took about 48hrs. Sorry

Mine shipped out today but I wish I had just spent a bit more to get the free shipping. Ah well, I'll get it on the 11th according to the tracking page.

I have a second Exo Suit here now and after building the first one I am debating about keeping it. It was awesome and all, but I think I let the shortage hype get the best of me. I will give it a few days to decide. It would be a semi decent parts pack.

I have a second Exo Suit here now and after building the first one I am debating about keeping it. It was awesome and all, but I think I let the shortage hype get the best of me. I will give it a few days to decide. It would be a semi decent parts pack.

It's the green classic spacemen that pushed me to get 2. Actually, even if they were white, I might have gotten 2 also. Definitely a good grey greeble parts pack.

If the price skyrockets over 100%, I may sell my 2nd one and hope the green neo-classic spacemen return in a neo-classic space theme or something in the future.

neonglow

I finished building mine. While it was an interesting build with many advanced techniques, it's too fragile. Things keep falling apart while you pose it. I think 1 is enough so don't go overboard believing the hype.

I finished building mine. While it was an interesting build with many advanced techniques, it's too fragile. Things keep falling apart while you pose it. I think 1 is enough so don't go overboard believing the hype.

Yeah. Probably returning the second one in a few days. I was thinking more green space men is always good, but I think that $35 is better put towards something different now.

Vyer

I find that the base isn't too fragile, but several of the add on elements - like the shoulder 'plates' facing the front - are a little tricky. Of course I won't be posing it much and I do like the detail and I think it's a great looking display piece.

orom5kal.jpg

Captain Jack is supervising construction of his new and fully operational Black Pearl!

Sweet! Did you have that one stashed away somewhere and just now took it out to build it?

As a proud owner of that set, i can tell you that the build may not be anything special, however the finished ship is one of my most cherished display pieces. Such a great classy looking ship!

I recently bought the QAR as well for aftermarket price (fuck me) so i can't wait to see how it fares against the mighty Pearl as far as displayability is concerned!

KemoSabe

My s@h order arrived today but unfortunatly without the exo suit.
Only the resaerch center, Mini mini model and a Simpsons minifig.
I checked my email account but I haven´t received any mail about my order...

I hope they deliver later it wihout any extra costs.

Rhaegar

Sweet! Did you have that one stashed away somewhere and just now took it out to build it?

As a proud owner of that set, i can tell you that the build may not be anything special, however the finished ship is one of my most cherished display pieces. Such a great classy looking ship!

I recently bought the QAR as well for aftermarket price (fuck me) so i can't wait to see how it fares against the mighty Pearl as far as displayability is concerned!

Yeah, I had picked it up right as the POTC sets were being retired because I knew I would regret missing it, but had held off building it until now for no particular reason. Can't wait to see the completed product (only got through 2 bags yesterday due to helping out with our 3wk old daughter)!

I'll be interested in your thoughts on the QAR. I was struggling deciding between that one (which I thought looked like a cooler build) and the Pearl. Ended up sticking with the Pearl due to its icon status but would have loved to display both.

Edit: Also, damn those cannons can shoot! About put an eye out the first time I shot one! :)

Thoughts on mini figs Series 7? A store by my hotel has bunch. I bought four thinking they where the newest set, until I didn't notice any of the news ones on the set list that comes with lol.

Thinking of going back to pick up more. I really want that bunny one.

ruxtpin

Banned
I snagged a damage box AT-AP last week and built it last night. That' was a surprisingly enjoyable build. Looks neat when done too.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Same here, built the Black Pearl a while ago and still have it on display. It looks awesome finished. One of my favorites.

Zerojul

I snagged a damage box AT-AP last week and built it last night. That' was a surprisingly enjoyable build. Looks neat when done too.
I loved the AT-AP. Really nice display piece.

On a somewhat related note, after a few weeks of hiatus I jst finsihed building the UCS R2D2. Amazing stuff. My cat seems to fear it for some reason.

Rootbeer

Banned
My S@H order shipped but I never got an e-mail for that, either. I've combed through all my spam and deleted messages, not a thing from lego.

I have the tracking number, so I know it shipped fine but why aren't I getting the e-mails?

Zerojul

My S@H order shipped but I never got an e-mail for that, either. I've combed through all my spam and deleted messages, not a thing from lego.

I have the tracking number, so I know it shipped fine but why aren't I getting the e-mails?

I don't know, the vast majority of the guys I know have their order shipped and didn't get any mail either. At this point, I think their SMTP server just overloaded or something. A giant bug in their system at any rate, probably.

Thoughts on mini figs Series 7? A store by my hotel has bunch. I bought four thinking they where the newest set, until I didn't notice any of the news ones on the set list that comes with lol.

Thinking of going back to pick up more. I really want that bunny one.

I found a random series 9 box at target. I bought a bunch. If you pick up more, let me know if you'd like to trade.

Rootbeer

Banned
pretty good rule of thumb... if you find any collectible minifigure packs in the wild from a series you don't have, you should buy some :p as many as you think you can snatch up. especially the older series that are cheaper (remember, the price rose to 3.99 starting with Simpsons and will stay that high going forward)

Couldn't sleep this morning, and about 5 in the morning built the Exo Suit, only took a little over a hour. Others are dead on about this, it's a very fragile set. Find a pose you like and don't touch it again.

Ravek

Banned
Couldn't sleep this morning, and about 5 in the morning built the Exo Suit, only took a little over a hour. Others are dead on about this, it's a very fragile set. Find a pose you like and don't touch it again.

Your Exo-Suit came with chips? LEGO is getting smart.

Top Bottom