• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

My wife made me an appropriate cake..

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0897.JPG

Happy birthday. What an awesome cake!

Nice!!

2 things though Wetwired:

1) How are you ever gonna get that slime off the minifigs?? i hope it's not sticky lol ;)

2) I just noticed an uncanny resemblance there between you and Evilore :p

Damn that cake though... it looks straight up professionally made!!

wetwired

Nice!!

2 things though Wetwired:

1) How are you ever gonna get that slime off the minifigs?? i hope it's not sticky lol ;)

2) I just noticed an uncanny resemblance there between you and Evilore :p

Damn that cake though... it looks straight up professionally made!!

It came off really easily in warm water

I dunno if I've seen a picture of evillore before

I'm not seeing the Evilore similarity, outside of them both being adult human males that I guess are white?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WETWIRED!!! :DDDDDDD

My mom deemed the Ecto-1 worthy of being in the jewelry display thing with the weird knick-knacks. >_>

I put together the Exo-Suit, and why are there some really flimsy parts? Shouldn't Lego snap together securely? I guess it just looks cool, but I really wanna KRAGLE together the parts that slip apart easiest.

Ended up picking up the Milano and Knowhere Escape sets today. Only built Knowhere so far, pretty meh for the price, but Groot and the pod ship are pretty cool. Mainly bought it for a complete set of Guardians but it was an okay build. The Milano's gonna be built tonight.

Ended up picking up the Milano and Knowhere Escape sets today. Only built Knowhere so far, pretty meh for the price, but Groot and the pod ship are pretty cool. Mainly bought it for a complete set of Guardians but it was an okay build. The Milano's gonna be built tonight.

I loved the Milano build. I need to make a tiny Groot so the entire team will be in there.

Kinda concerned about the Milano still... i mean i know it's been getting rave reviews around these parts, but then to me i feel like it will be the Quinjet all over again!

I was a Quinjet doubter as well, until i finally let you guys convince me to grab it, well long story short: i loved the build and the swoosh factor, but as i am mainly a display kinda guy.... let's just say it's no longer on display now :(

Rootbeer

Banned
Any chance that Deadpool is featured in another set at some point?

Paying $30 for him is a bit over the top.

He's going for that much already!? Wow! That set with him, wolverine and magneto was one of the first sets I bought in 2012 when I started getting back into LEGO. $20 for a nice chopper, motorcycle and THREE excellent characters in minifig form... it was glorious.

You can always go for a bootleg version.

LEGO has already done another minifig of both Wolverine and Magneto since that set so it's definitely not out of the question for us to get another one.
I loved the Milano build. I need to make a tiny Groot so the entire team will be in there.

wpid-2014-02-15-17-50-58-jpg1.jpeg

Very simple and effective! Wonder if that piece comes in brown or some darker green though?

Happy Birthday, wetwired. Sweet cake!

----

I've been fiddling with what to do with the Trike Rover and came up with two ideas, the first has:

- The Trike Rover.
- 2 figs: Red male driver; Green female salvager.
- The Mars Sojourner Rover.
- 262 pieces.

Second:

- The Trike Rover.
- 3 figs: Red male driver; Green female salvager; Yellow female scientist.
- The Mars Sojourner Rover.
- Small research lab that hinges open.
- 438 pieces.

I'm leaning toward option one. Since it's less complex, it probably has a better chance of being approved if I ever got 10k supporters.

What do you think?

Xater

I'd go with option one. A building is not that exciting as an addition, and I also don't think it looks that interesting except for the external oxygen supply.

Woorloog

Banned
I'd say a building would be interesting if it looked interesting. Check out some real Mars/space base plans, and also retro ones for ideas? EDIT Adding kind of legs for the building would make it more interesting looking.
Alternatively, how about a sky-crane for the Trike? Gotta get it on a planet somehow...

EDIT oh and the Trike looks pretty cool

jpatez34

Neo Member
JNmkLXL.jpg

My latest LEGO purchases:

MINI Polybag

3x Simpsons Mini-Figs (Apu, Chief Wiggum & Maggie)

Guardians Of The Galaxy - Milano Spaceship Rescue

Still waiting on my LEGO S@H Order of the Exo-Suit and Benny's Spaceship!

Ravek

Banned
JNmkLXL.jpg

MINI Polybag

The Milano is a great set with a lot of interesting techniques. And a boom box!

Ponn

Banned
GoTG sets being bought up left and right. No clue why, I wonder what it possibly could be. Can't put my finger on it now but I will figure it out eventually.

Kinda concerned about the Milano still... i mean i know it's been getting rave reviews around these parts, but then to me i feel like it will be the Quinjet all over again!

I was a Quinjet doubter as well, until i finally let you guys convince me to grab it, well long story short: i loved the build and the swoosh factor, but as i am mainly a display kinda guy.... let's just say it's no longer on display now :(

Really? I still got my Quinjet on display and take it to work once in awhile for my desk. People love it. It takes up a large footprint but you can make a neat display scene with the Chitauri and Avengers fighting on and around the Quinjet.

Milano is a little bit smaller but the wings on it make it take up about the same footprint. Super worth it for the figs and quite a few unique pieces and neat colors. Also because of the way it goes together, similar to Quinjet, makes it easy for a quick take down if you need it without having to take the whole thing apart.

R-User!

My mind boggles at the amount of black you've already used let alone what you'd need to complete it. All that black is probably what I have..total.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone

Happy Birthday wetwired!

Constructive criticism: your audio portion of the Spaceship review seemed more muted than your friend... :) not sure why though, but I'm sure you could make a microphone placement adjustment or something to that affect.

Fun review though! :)

Ryuuroden

Happy Birthday Wetwired !

Your work on this is impressive. I wonder how many pieces it will take. Please keep us posted !

Will do.

My mind boggles at the amount of black you've already used let alone what you'd need to complete it. All that black is probably what I have..total.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone

Yeah, I have oodles of black bricks too, yet I may still have to take apart my huge brick-build CMF stand in order to have enough black bricks. Like I mentioned before, once I get past the base I should start using up a lot less black standard LEGO bricks and will start treading into lots of specialized pieces for the walls. The base just requires bricks for the inner walls and up to 3 deep stack of regular bricks plus a mix of up to 9 different layers of 1 by ? black plates usually up to 2 deep at a time when I don't have spots that can fit a regular brick (3 plates high). This is due to the design of the curved bricks. It also turned out making more sense just to make each ridged piece solid all the way to the base rather than hollow due to structural strength issues. I tried minimizing use of bricks as much as I could and found that by actually making it solid, even if it took more bricks, it ended up cheaper due to the parts I have in large supply and higher costs of ones that would allow me to make it structurally sound with smaller bricks but higher cost due to an actual increased number of bricks and sometimes the smaller they are, the more expensive they are unless you can find them at your local LEGO store.

This leads me to the following. I am putting a shout out to all of you guys in the USA or Canada who live near a Lego Store. If you go to one and you find any 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x6, 1x8, 1x10, 1x12 black lego bricks, I will buy a large cup of any of those sizes. (particularly the 1x1, 1x2, 1x3 and 1x6 ones as they can fit better in the cups when you stack them) If you can maximize the amount by stacking them, all the better. I am also looking for black 1x2x3 slopes, 1x2x2 slopes, many different types of black modified bricks and plates (check with me beforehand), 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 1x10, 1x12, 1x14 black tiles, and 1x1, 1x3, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 1x12, 1x14, 1x16 black plates.

Bunch of old Chima sets are on sale at my store. I think I may actually pick a few up, the bad guy minifigs (bats and spiders) seem like they'd be good minions for my Haunted House and Vampyre's Castle, plus a lot of the parts would be useful for MOCs and such (giant wheels, trans green slime pieces).

HMM!

I can't believe I actually have a Lego Backlog now. I'd read about y'all having them... but I never thought I'd join the ranks. And now I'm only adding to it. Yiiikes.

JNmkLXL.jpg

MINI Polybag

I've been heavily hinting at getting the Milano for my wedding anniversary. Hopefully I've done enough. :)

wetwired

Happy B-day dude. Have to ask, was the Stay Puft Man actually made of marshmallows?

nah it's made from fondant

Happy Birthday wetwired!

Constructive criticism: your audio portion of the Spaceship review seemed more muted than your friend... :) not sure why though, but I'm sure you could make a microphone placement adjustment or something to that affect.

Fun review though! :)

Yeah I think it's just my voice, it doesn't cut through like cade's does, I need to speak up more to compensate. We got a new mike for this new one which I was hoping would help but it seems not

Just in case anyone was wondering, Brickfair VA was terrible and awesome.

Terrible for the 2 hour wait to get in (fun with a 2 & 3 year old). Terrible dealer selection. Hey I saw that all on clearance at Target! I'm assuming dealers sold out of good stuff early.

On the awesome side, tons of great MOCs.

I'll go next year, but will not follow the website's advice that you can just walk up with max 30 minute wait (at open).

nny

I put together the Mini today - while lacking all the interior detail of the VW Camper, it's much sturdier, I like it a lot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I built the 4x4 Crawler yesterday, played with it for about 20 minutes, and decided to take it apart and do some hunting for a faster vehicle with what I have.

While not as fancy as the MOC's and stuff you guys do, with some help from the internet and about an hour of my time, this sucker was born! It moves a lot faster than the the Crawler, but still not as fast as I want. I need to read about gear ratios and how to improve the speed of this thing. Also need to pick up some more PF and some older Technic car sets for more pieces.

I think System stuff is gorgeous to look at, but Technic playability is insane. I could drive this car around my house for hours and not get board! Also, my dog hates it, haha.

jpatez34

Neo Member
Just called LEGO Customer Service on the status of my order.

Should get the MINI Mini Cooper and Benny's Spaceship by the end of the week but still have to wait another month though for the Exo-Suit, although the LEGO Customer Service rep did say if they get it in sooner they will post it to me then.

The thought of waiting another 4 weeks is a little depressing :-(

But on the bright side I'll be getting both the Exo-Suit and the Tumbler around the same time! :)

Rootbeer

Banned
Arkham Asylum for $121 (amazon warehousedeals)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ATX7KWY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It took a lot of willpower to not buy this... but I'm already over lego budget right now

if anyone here buys it... please report back, remember: sets bought at warehousedeals are prone to missing minifigures (particularly licensed sets) so know the risk you are getting into. The risk is probably low but there have already been quite a few gaffers burned, inluding myself (thankfully you can get lego to replace them... in most cases)

Chairhome

I saw and loved GotG, so when I saw the Milano in here, I looked up prices. Geez, $75? I'm too poor, haha.

Fun fact: The Milano is named after Star-lord's childhood crush, Alyssa Milano.

Rootbeer

Banned
I saw and loved GotG, so when I saw the Milano in here, I looked up prices. Geez, $75? I'm too poor, haha.

Fun fact: The Milano is named after Star-lord's childhood crush, Alyssa Milano.

I just learned that little tidbit yesterday, and that's the sort of change i'd like to see move over to the comics because it really feels right.

And I hope you can scrape up the funds to own your own Milano someday, i'm happy to have it alongside my quinjet and (admittedly not up to par) blackbird.

I just learned that little tidbit yesterday, and that's the sort of change i'd like to see move over to the comics because it really feels right.

And I hope you can scrape up the funds to own your own Milando someday, i'm happy to have it alongside my quinjet and (admittedly not up to par) blackbird.

UCS Blackbird someday. I hope. That or an UCS Sentinel would be so great. Marvel needs some of the UCS love too.

Rootbeer

Banned
At this point I'll take UCS Marvel anything, it needs some UCS love. Blackbird would be epic though.

Approve the LEGO Ideas X-Mansion and release it as a UCS Set :3

And thanks for capturing my embarrassing typo of Milano!

Top Bottom