• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

I hope the exo suit starts shipping before august 15th (I ordered it a few minutes after it went available when it said "Out of stock, ships in 30 days") cause I'm going off to college soon after that. Ugh.

Rootbeer

Banned
Called LEGO to give my self some piece of mind since my order is not showing up on my shop.lego.com account page nor did I get an e-mail.

Confirmed the order is all good and in their system and they said it's already in processing and could ship today (!!)

The benefits of placing orders at midnight :3

My plans of maybe hitting up the LEGO Retail store today are dashed as I have to wait for a very important phone call :( I may still try to go tomorrow but if I intended to get a third Exo-Suit that way I probably won't have any luck. We will see.

Ravek

Banned
Called LEGO to give my self some piece of mind since my order is not showing up on my shop.lego.com account page nor did I get an e-mail.

Confirmed the order is all good and in their system and they said it's already in processing and could ship today (!!)

The benefits of placing orders at midnight :3

What is the number, because I need to call about my shit?

Phoner

Neo Member
Green spaceman

White spaceman

Don't forget the blue one:

05.jpg

ghostmind

The elusive UCS Slave I remains in limbo, as it is not referred to in either the calendar for August or September. Wondering if it may now be an October set...

Rootbeer

Banned
target.com sold out of Exo Suit now in case anyone was thinking of ordering there.

WOW santa's house/toy shop... that may end up being my first Winter themed set

and you can easily make a custom Rudolf with the build they provided :)

No confirmation email but the order is showing on my lego profile. Sadly my two exosuits did not qualify for the Mini Cooper polybag.

Thankfully, my lego store gave me one when I explained that I would be out of town and trying to purchase the exo online. :D

Now hopefully they arrive in good condition. I've had poor results ordering from shop@home before; Unexpected Gathering had been crushed a bit in transit.

Any way, time to enjoy my long weekend!

ghostmind

So I am taking that day off from work... so I can be there when they open!!!

On a side note, does anybody know if the new Super Star Destroyer set that comes out today has a stand? Or does it sit/ display well?

It's not an SSD, but a Star Destroyer. No stand, but the bottom is flat, so it can sit solidly on a surface.

Rootbeer

Banned
the new Star Destroyer also has a 'hook' on top if it (watch Jang's review) so if you wanted to HANG it somewhere you totally should be able to do that. He said it was very sturdy. I would not hang it anywhere too high though.

I have a bunch of LEGO SW coming (split across today and monday)

Star Destroyer
Jedi Scout Fighter
b-Wing

Once they get here I will have ALL of the new Summer SW sets except the AT-AT.

It's not an SSD, but a Star Destroyer. No stand, but the bottom is flat, so it can sit solidly on a surface.

I love the UCS one.. but that is sooo damn expensive and I dont have any place for it. SO I will be getting the smaller one. I have a coupon at Toys R US.. So i can get it for like 105 bucks.

DemiMatt

Man, last night at 12a it said limit 2 per person on the US store. I figured I'll wait until I go in today. Now it's limit 1 per store & sold out for another month @_@

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you use VIP points with a purchase to take the price below the free gift price do you still get the free gift?

Had to call up Lego to find out what happened with my order since it didn't show in my account history but I got it confirmed that it's already processed and should be out by today or Monday at the latest. Only one Exo suit but that's ok, better one than none right?

Ravek

Banned
Had to call up Lego to find out what happened with my order since it didn't show in my account history but I got it confirmed that it's already processed and should be out by today or Monday at the latest. Only one Exo suit but that's ok, better one than none right?

I also just got off the phone with LEGO. Very nice and easy to talk to.

My order is under review right now but my back ordered Exo-Suits won't ship until the 15th. :(

Edit: Just realized I'll still be in Texas on the 15th, so it doesn't matter!

I am curious if stores like Target and Toys R Us will have the Exo suit in stores... or just on the website like they do modulars?

I also wonder if New Yorks flagship Toys R Us carries more/ different lego products than your average Toys R Us? Like modulars and stuff....

Ravek

Banned
I think we should have an EXO-SUIT contest starting in mid September. Everyone else is gonna have one, why not GAF?

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't know if that's the best idea because a lot of orders placed today won't ship for 30 days... that does give people time but the set would still be in limited availability supposedly

It was discussed that the next contest would be theme-based rather than set-based wasn't it?

Like say give people a one word or phrase to go with like "Space" and let people run with it. Could also set a size/rough piece count limit or other guidelines.

Ravek

Banned
I don't know if that's the best idea because a lot of orders placed today won't ship for 30 days... that does give people time but the set would still be in limited availability supposedly

It was discussed that the next contest would be theme-based rather than set-based wasn't it?

I don't think there was ever a definitive decision.

Regardless, I was just throwing it out there.

Zerojul

Actually, I don't think you do get the promo. I just tried a mock order, and it disappeared from my cart when I used my VIP points to bring it under the threshold.

Mmmhh that's pretty weird, I did the exact same thing (10€ off the 62,99€ smash lab set, threshold for the mini Mini is 55€), and I have the mini in my basket. I even get to keep the free shipping :

MDK5ujV.png

Maybe it depends on the region (Europe here, obviously)...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks for the answer. I tried a mock order too and it seems that I would still get it since the discount is made from the total which include the free gift (priced at FREE). What you do lose out on is the VIP points.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't think there was ever a definitive decision.

Regardless, I was just throwing it out there.

Yes, I know, but there was some discussion about this some time back. There have been several set-based contests so people have build up a few sets from participating and maybe it is time to have a contest that lets people use pieces from those various sets (or any set, really), and see how that goes?

And you are right nothing is decided it's all still just in the brainstorming stage.

05.jpg

You can still buy this for around $20... I do want that spaceman but that price is a bit much.

In this video Jang does a blue spaceman comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO4NcEihDCo

As you can tell the helmet differences are quite obvious, I really wish LEGO would do a spaceman helmet that more closely resembled the REAL classic figures

ghostmind

Thanks for the answer. I tried a mock order too and it seems that I would still get it since the discount is made from the total which include the free gift (priced at FREE). What you do lose out on is the VIP points.

Hmm, well that's good news then.

Top Bottom