• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Zerojul

falcon aka the new captain america! That's gotta count for something ;)

Right !... Off-topic, but is that supposed to happen in that Original Sin crossover they're doing now ? Last time I read a Cap comic, he had just got out of dimension Z or something.

Watching a video review of The Ghost set. Some interesting play features, but boy does it look like a hot mess with all those random colors.

As a guy who mostly displays his collection, I'm glad I'm not a Star Wars collector-- that would be a pretty tough sell at $90.

It's quite hefty so far. Plus isn't it supposed to be like a smuggling ship? Makes sense for it to have a junker look. I just like the unique look of it.

Xater

Right !... Off-topic, but is that supposed to happen in that Original Sin crossover they're doing now ? Last time I read a Cap comic, he had just got out of dimension Z or something.

Apparently Cap loses his powers in his solo series: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/17/marvel-comics-reveals-the-falcon-is-the-new-captain-america

Oh and I have no love for Chima I just thought that maybe it might be worth it for the parts. I guess for me the Hulk Lab Smash is probably the netter deal. I love all the figs and I can just use the parts for whatever. Gotta think about it though because i didn't want to buy more Lego right now.

Xater

Alright bought the Hulk Smash Lab, but from Amazon because they matched the Toys R Us deal. Also I have free shipping there thanks to Prime.

wetwired

So I finally started my display for my LUGs big expo, with the Ghostbusters rooftop disassembled and everything sorted I'm ready to go... Here's the first WIP pic...

WIPJoke.jpg

Haha seriously though, any guesses to what it will be?

WIP1.jpg

Zerojul

So I finally started my display for my LUGs big expo, with the Ghostbusters rooftop disassembled and everything sorted I'm ready to go... Here's the first WIP pic...

Lol at the foot-bombing. Also, I have no real clue here except all that black that could indeed lead to a Bat-something.

Krilekk

Banned
LEGO Agents 70162 Infearno Interceptor

Pretty much the only Agents set I had (great) interest in but boy is it bad. It actually starts out nice because there are two play features I wasn't aware of previously - but one of those screws up the whole design. The thing looks so slick and fast on the packshot but once it is assembled it looks like the Tumbler's fat cousin. It's well hidden on the shots but the cockpit is one blocky sizeable chunk that destroys any side view. And the front wheels don't even work, the whole thing slides across two flat round panels on the bottom. It's still a nice display piece but only from front/top views.

It's magnificent!
I think this will look great on my desk at work, everyone is bound to be super jealous.
Everything is Awesome!

Best looking LEGO set I've built in a long time.

Spent the entire time building it watching Mr. Bean. :DDDD

Ryuuroden

WIPJoke.jpg

WIP1.jpg

Gimme your black bricks...j/k....No wait, am I?

WIP1.jpg

Foot rest? I am with most of the other guesses and say it's Batman related. That looks like a platform for a batcopter or a batmobile the size of the SDCC batmobile.

EDIT: "I only work in black….And sometimes very, very dark gray."

Ryuuroden

Foot rest? I am with most of the other guesses and say it's Batman related. That looks like a platform for a batcopter or a batmobile the size of the SDCC batmobile.

EDIT: "I only work in black….And sometimes very, very dark gray."

If only he had said very very dark bley :D

wetwired

Ha.

A Bat Cave perhaps?

Dark Knight Rises Batcave!

Fowler was the most accurate, TDKR batcave.

Gimme your black bricks...j/k....No wait, am I?

That is actually the extent of my black bricks, I was scraping the bottom of the barrel to pull that off. I had to order some parts for the railings already. The cave will be dark grey as black is too expensive.

Ryuuroden

Wow really. I just saw that research institute is sold out and exo suit is temporary out of stock which half the time turns into sold out (website)

Ryuuroden

87qL3L1.jpg

Does this work at their retail stores or just their website?

You aren't suggesting they won't manufacture more, right?

They usually don't. Sold out means gone for good and temporary out of stock means they have sets maybe but are unavailable. That's why you can't order either from the site anymore, because they can't fulfill the order. The rover was temporary out of stock and it never came back. They could bring back the institute just because it would be bad press to be accused of not making enough sets for female demographic and the set has been all over the news. Either way the manufacturing line schedule is set months in advance. If we see more, it will be existing stock being moved around.

Xater

They usually don't. Sold out means gone for good and temporary out of stock means they have sets maybe but are unavailable. That's why you can't order either from the site anymore, because they can't fulfill the order. The rover was temporary out of stock and it never came back. They could bring back the institute just because it would be bad press to be accused of not making enough sets for female demographic and the set has been all over the news. Either way the manufacturing line schedule is set months in advance. If we see more, it will be existing stock being moved around.

Shit maybe I should increase what I want for it in eBay then....

I bought two exo suits, if I plan on selling one should I wait a little while for the prices to go up or try now? On eBay I see a lot of people selling them for $60+...

GSR

Yikes, had no idea the Research Institute was coming out so soon. And now it's gone for good?

My mom's heartbroken, she really wanted to buy that as a gift for my sister-in-law.

Ryuuroden

Yikes, had no idea the Research Institute was coming out so soon. And now it's gone for good?

My mom's heartbroken, she really wanted to buy that as a gift for my sister-in-law.

Call any nearby Lego stores. Still may be out there, just not in large enough quantities for Lego to justify having them shipped back to their distribution centers for 're-allotment.

GSR

Call any nearby Lego stores. Still may be out there, just not in large enough quantities for Lego to justify having them shipped back to their distribution centers for 're-allotment.

I was under the impression it was an online exclusive. Did some calling around and a local place had them in stock. Thanks for the idea!

Wife got an official start date for the job. I now have just under 30 days to finish disassembling everything and pack it all up.

Ewok Village is almost done. Now to take apart Red Five Sex Wing, Ghostbusters, Haunted House, Horizon Express, Maersk Train, and six modulars. Ugh. I know what I am doing on my vacation this week.

Woorloog

Banned
I never post here, but this Magnetron MOC is the most amazing thing I've seen in a while. And it hits the exact nostalgic time for me. Magnetrons, Blacktrons, and Space Police were like my childhood;

Mtron_magnet_factory.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blake-foster/14623286658/

Very nice, though i don't like hiding the studs too much. Makes it look less like a lego thing and more like something else. I actually thought this wasn't made with legos at first.
Guess i'm kind of old-fashioned, back when i bought and played with legos (don't have space nor money for them anymore), studs were rarely covered. Though i guess covering and minimizing about of them has always been more of a custom thing, not official.

EDIT other than that small issue, it is probably one of the best custom lego builds i've ever seen. Well, the one i like most.

Damn, if I had known Research Institute would just disappear like that, I would have bought another one. As it is I managed one for my girlfriend, and one for her friend that's a lady neuro-scientist. None for me to build or stash.

:(

Hopefully they do another run, since there aren't even any unique prints in that set beyond the star chart, right? Lego bathing in liquid money from that set, probably costs them less than $5 to make.

Damn, if I had known Research Institute would just disappear like that, I would have bought another one. As it is I managed one for my girlfriend, and one for her friend that's a lady neuro-scientist. None for me to build or stash.

:(

Hopefully they do another run, since there aren't even any unique prints in that set beyond the star chart, right? Lego bathing in liquid money from that set, probably costs them less than $5 to make.

Star chart is the only unique part that I can tell. The mini figure heads are just recycled. I think the bodies were too.

My wife's main criticism of the set is that all the women have "bitch face." Her words, not mine. She wondered why no one seemed to be happy to be doing science.

Once she starts her new job I will probably do an expanded MOC of the chemist and add a cheerful face to it so she has something for her desk.

Ryuuroden

Very nice, though i don't like hiding the studs too much. Makes it look less like a lego thing and more like something else. I actually thought this wasn't made with legos at first.
Guess i'm kind of old-fashioned, back when i bought and played with legos (don't have space nor money for them anymore), studs were rarely covered. Though i guess covering and minimizing about of them has always been more of a custom thing, not official.

EDIT other than that small issue, it is probably one of the best custom lego builds i've ever seen. Well, the one i like most.

The more you can make a Lego build look like something else entirely is when it's most amazing. Like making a household vacuum cleaner out of Lego and totally fool people unless they look close. I love the omg that is made of Lego. How did they do that. Or the ridiculously simple microbuilds of real life objects that instantly capture that objects essence. That's the reason I love Lego is the amazing versatility.

Top Bottom