• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

I've got an opportunity to get this lot for a fair price. Any winners in here?

If anyone is looking for any sets on the list, let me know as I'm not planning on keeping them all.

6175-1 CRYSTAL EXPLORER SUB

6856-1 PLANETARY DECODER

2160-1 CRYSTAL SCAVENGER

2162-1 HYDRO REEF WRECKER

6125-1 SEA SPRINT 9

6462-1 AERIAL RECOVERY

6558-1 SHARK CAGE COVE

1789-1 STAR HAWK II

6155-1 DEEP SEA PREDATOR

6639-1 RAVEN RACER

8210-1 NITRO GTX BIKE

6190-1 SHARK'S CRYSTAL CAVE

6899-1 NEBULA OUTPOST

6939-1 SAUCER CENTURION

1821-1 RALLY RACERS

6145-1 CRYSTAL CRAWLER

1782-1 DISCOVERY STATION

6879-1 BLIZZARD BARON

6898-1 ICE-SAT V

6487-1 MOUNTAIN RESCUE

6518-1 BAJA BUGGY

6445-1 EMERGENCY EVAC

6546-1 SLICK RACER

6335-1 INDY TRANSPORT

6115-1 SHARK SCOUT

6337-1 FAST TRACK FINISH

8207-1 DUNE DUSTER

6516-1 MOON WALKER

1822-1 SEA CLAW 7

6815-1 HOVERTRON

6854-1 ALIEN FOSSILIZER

6135-1 SPY SHARK

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Depending on how much you want, I would possibly be interested in these two (the only Technic ones, haha).

8210-1 NITRO GTX BIKE
8207-1 DUNE DUSTER

Ravek

Banned
I just watched Brick Shows review of the Star War The Ghost set...

That has to be the ugliest SW set I have ever seen. The build looks random and boring, and the play features look equally uninspired.

Rhaegar

My toys r us still has one of the sith interceptors. Is it worth a pick up? I had that ship when I played the old republic.

One of my first builds when coming out of my dark age. Had picked it up mostly due to a hot B&N coupon I could use on it, but I ended up really liking the build. The swooshability was pretty fantastic too!

Speaking of BN, it looks like their coupons now don't work on ANY Lego at all. It used to just be certain sets (UCS stuff), but now it says all Lego. Lame!

Rhaegar

Speaking of BN, it looks like their coupons now don't work on ANY Lego at all. It used to just be certain sets (UCS stuff), but now it says all Lego. Lame!

This is terrible news! I was hoping to snag a 15 or 20% off coupon to use on the Milano set I saw at my local store. Guess I'll just have to keep trolling Amazon for a sale (although that may take awhile, considering how popular the movie is and how good the Milano set is compared to the other GOTG releases).

Totally going back to TRU Thursday and grabbing a Sith Interceptor as my final b-day splurge item. Grabbed the Ghost 2-pack today, halfway through and it's weird. I like it but it has a weird shape about it.

I feel like a kid again with all this lol

Ponn

Banned
So wow, my first real AWD disappointment. My Knowhere escape finally came like 2 weeks (yea, they really hate non-prime members im finding out) and i noticed it was resealed so check the bags before putting it in backlog pile. Yup, Rocket Raccoon gone, bag looked like it was sealed back with machine or something. Sending it back of course.

Thankfully it looks like my Trevi Fountain will be here by Friday, AWD as well but i'm not worried looks like it was just damaged box since it was put up Aug 1st release day. Im having a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy Friday morning so hopefully I will have it to put together when I get back.

Time to end my membership. I joined when I came out of my dark ages because of the discount and they had sets that were hard to find. It's not worth the membership price anymore.

Rootbeer

Banned
So wow, my first real AWD disappointment. My Knowhere escape finally came like 2 weeks (yea, they really hate non-prime members im finding out) and i noticed it was resealed so check the bags before putting it in backlog pile. Yup, Rocket Raccoon gone, bag looked like it was sealed back with machine or something. Sending it back of course.

Thankfully it looks like my Trevi Fountain will be here by Friday, AWD as well but i'm not worried looks like it was just damaged box since it was put up Aug 1st release day. Im having a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy Friday morning so hopefully I will have it to put together when I get back.
I just received a set from Amazon warehousedeals today, the Jedi headhunter (which has a rare/unique head and torso piece). Checking bags us essential and can't be over stressed!

Luckily this time everything us in tact.

I wish amazon would take this matter seriously. I've tried to file complaints before and encourage anyone who has this happen to do the same. Maybe they can eventually get to the point where they can find a way to flag accounts who pull this BS.

Though it could be an Amazon employee as well doing this during the inspection phase of returned/damaged items.

Time to end my membership. I joined when I came out of my dark ages because of the discount and they had sets that were hard to find. It's not worth the membership price anymore.

Well, the membership still works at least. 10% is better than 0%. And hopefully they have the BOGO sale this Black Friday like they did last year.

Rootbeer

Banned

I only signed up for one year to test it out... i've only received TWO coupon booklets since sign-up (and the coupons have a short expiration period too) and now with this news i'm definitely not signing up again.

Ponn

Banned
I just received a set from Amazon warehousedeals today, the Jedi headhunter. Checking bags us essential and can't be over stressed!

Luckily this time everything us in tact.

I wish amazon would take this matter seriously. I've tried to file complaints before and encourage anyone who has this happen to do the same. Maybe they can eventually get to the point where they can find a way to flag accounts who pull this BS.

Though it could be an Amazon employee as well doing this during the inspection phase of returned/damaged items.

It's really hard to prove or track who did it yea. I was expecting the first time this to happen to me would be a walmart purchase actually. I've had alot of luck with AWD so far. Oh well, officially putting Knowhere Escape on my wait till BF deep discount buy list now. At least i don't have to worry about my Trevi Fountain, no figs in that.

I only signed up for one year to test it out... i've only received TWO coupon booklets since sign-up (and the coupons have a short expiration period too) and now with this news i'm definitely not signing up again.

I only got the mail coupon booklets twice over the last few years. I get the email coupons all the time. Usually the email coupons are good only for a few days, but the booklet of coupons was good for nearly a month. I used one the other week during the Criterion sale there.

I hope the LEGO restriction on the email one is temporary though. But I still pay for the membership just through coffee discounts.

EDIT: The fine print-
Excludes Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department, select LeapFrog products and select Funko products. Ends 8/4/14 2:59 am EST

So it should work on Architecture sets, but not regular sets. LAME!

ghostmind

nTHGbhK.jpg

qR6x5Ol.jpg

Started building the MINI yesterday. Finished the back and It just looks super sweet!
It will be the highlight of the office when I bring it to work after it's done.

Rootbeer

Banned
So it should work on Architecture sets, but not regular sets. LAME!
TRU coupons are free, no paid membership required, come more often (based on my experience 3 to 4 times a year), and work on a wider range of items that are likely to be of interest to me.

how do you figure that the coupon would work on the architecture sets? Oh I see i guess they are 'hobby' items not 'toys and games' well i hope they don't give you trouble at the register.

Rhaegar

Watching a video review of The Ghost set. Some interesting play features, but boy does it look like a hot mess with all those random colors.

As a guy who mostly displays his collection, I'm glad I'm not a Star Wars collector-- that would be a pretty tough sell at $90.

Krilekk

Banned
Just finished building the Mini. Great build overall, it really feels like building a car and it's nice to see it all come together. The result is an awesome design piece that just looks fabulous. I'm sitting two meters away from it and if I didn't know I had no idea it is made from LEGO. It just looks so smooth and round. I love when LEGO sets manage to be more than just stones. This and R2D2 are by far my favorite LEGO builds so far.

Guess I need the VW next. Everyone: Go buy the Mini.

Xater

Like we love to say around here "ben merde alors !". I can't watch the video right now, does it seem legit ?

100% legit. He shows the receipts and everything. I am also impressed with the other deals he got. It doesn't seem like we ever get deals like that over here.

Rootbeer

Banned
Like we love to say around here "ben merde alors !". I can't watch the video right now, does it seem legit ?

Yeah he has receipts to prove it.

also wtf how is he getting 50% off those sets at target (lower than the price shown on the red sticker), i don't get that part.

I've found 40% off clearance maybe twice at target in my entire lego buying career. i hope someday i can get a great set at 90% off... just once! But like he explains in the video it's part of TRU's big clearance deal right now coupled with some incredible luck from someone returning two sets that are online purchasable only. If you found anything remotely similar at your local TRU you'd be a lucky dog, but it could happen.

Krilekk

Banned
100% legit. He shows the receipts and everything. I am also impressed with the other deals he got. It doesn't seem like we ever get deals like that over here.

To get those deals you have to check all the toy stores on at least a weekly basis. Probably more. You can't just wait for them, you have to actively search. Trust me, these deals and sales happen everywhere, maybe you're just living somewhere where other people are faster. I am lucky to have a store nearby where I seem to be the only AFOL and they have a lot of clearance sales. And another one that is only open half the year (tourists) but they don't sell their LEGO sets at all. They have a gazillion of OOP sets, most of them at the original price, and every now and then they put some on sale. And I'm waiting.

Xater

Hmm chekcing Toys R Us here in Germany they have this thing for 50€ and you also get 20% off right now for orders over 40€.

pTRUDE1-7138670dt.jpg

Worth it?

Or maybe I should just get the Hulk Lab Smash for 20% off so I can get my Hulk minifig.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't know, if you really like Chima go for it. Myself, I think the theme has some amazing minifigures but I tend to find a lot more deals on Chima sets than I do on the popular licensed sets. So I tend not to spend limited promos on them when there is a bigger chance of finding them discounted later on.

You have to take into consideration your region, since deals are going to vary, as well as your tastes.

Ravek

Banned
Hmm chekcing Toys R Us here in Germany they have this thing for 50€ and you also get 20% off right now for orders over 40€.

pTRUDE1-7138670dt.jpg

Worth it?

Or maybe I should just get the Hulk Lab Smash for 20% off so I can get my Hulk minifig.

Hulk Lab Smash. Definitely.

Top Bottom