• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Kyari

Just for the information of uk lego gaf:
LEGO® Knowhere Escape Mission - 76020, one of a few sets currently overpriced at £44.99 in the uk, is currently on sale for a much more reasonable £34.99 at argos.

This set has Rocket and Groot so probably worth a look for anyone that enjoyed guardians of the galaxy.

Also current deal at argos is spent £25 on lego and get a £5 voucher.

So I built the Milano yesterday. And now I want something else to build ugh. Leaning towards the Ghost from Star Wars Rebels. Anyone have that set? Thoughts? I like the uniqueness of it.

I just called the Lego store to confirm if the VIP early release for Aug. 18th is the UCS tumbler and they said they don't know what set it will be. I am taking that day off from work so I can make sure I get it.. (not missing out)... but it would suck if it is not the tumbler.

Ghostmind... I know you said that it was... are you 100% sure? Hate to waste a day off... lol

Eklipsis

I just called the Lego store to confirm if the VIP early release for Aug. 18th is the UCS tumbler and they said they don't know what set it will be. I am taking that day off from work so I can make sure I get it.. (not missing out)... but it would suck if it is not the tumbler.

Ghostmind... I know you said that it was... are you 100% sure? Hate to waste a day off... lol

I think it was on the calendar posted a page or two back

Edit: ok it was more than two pages lol...says available sept. 1st but maybe early for VIP members

jKUr0Td.jpg

Zerojul

According to the presse release on brickset, that's definitely available on August 18th http://brickset.com/article/11839/the-tumbler-press-release

Rootbeer

Banned
Hmmm I really like the Classic Space minifig but I'm not sure if there are any sets that really interest me right now lol

My biggest challenge for September 1st... trying to decide what to buy in order to surpass $99 so I can get both freebies. I'm not sure if the UCS Tumblr is something I want.

So I built the Milano yesterday. And now I want something else to build ugh. Leaning towards the Ghost from Star Wars Rebels. Anyone have that set? Thoughts? I like the uniqueness of it.

I should be reviving the Ghost today, thanks to Amazon's pre-release discount. I'll check it out tonight and get back to you.

Ainaurdur

My biggest challenge for September 1st... trying to decide what to buy in order to surpass $99 so I can get both freebies. I'm not sure if the UCS Tumblr is something I want.

I sadly have the opposite problem. Too many sets that are quite over the $99 threshold that I still want to get and not sure I am ready to buy any of them that soon.

Orthanc, R2-D2, Sandcrawler, Tumbler...
The one exception is I have debated getting the King's Castle, which is $99.99, so that would cover it, I just don't want it as much as the others.
I will probably cave and choose either Orthanc to complete my LotR collection or R2-D2 since he is the oldest set.

Xater

Holy... that is awe-inspiring!!! When the camera went through the inside of the church, i felt like taking off my hat to pay my respects.... the atmosphere inside is unreal (the music does play it's part though)

Haha yeah the music helps but even without it that is some amazing work. I'd love to know the piece count of it...

I sadly have the opposite problem. Too many sets that are quite over the $99 threshold that I still want to get and not sure I am ready to buy any of them that soon.

Orthanc, R2-D2, Sandcrawler, Tumbler...
The one exception is I have debated getting the King's Castle, which is $99.99, so that would cover it, I just don't want it as much as the others.
I will probably cave and choose either Orthanc to complete my LotR collection or R2-D2 since he is the oldest set.

The King's Castle is regularly on sale here and there, although it's staying for a bit longer so it won't be clearanced. I'd get one of the others.

Returned one of the two Exo-Suits to the store today. The manager seemed shocked, but he forgot I had bought two. I told him how damn fragile the thing was, and then he understood why it stopped flying out of there after Friday.

They still had tons of Exo-Suit sets on the shelf, but apparently ran out of Research Institute some time over the weekend. I am also seeing a lot of press about Research Institute right now, so I think quite a few non LEGO regulars are snatching it up too.

mojiimbo

Did anyone purchase the Arvo Brothers Kaneda Bike Book and would you be willing to sell it to me?

Arvo-Brothers-Akira-Kaneda-Bike-Design-Manual-1219-05-600x450.jpg
Just looked this up again and was bummed to see that you need 6 of these guys and they haven't gotten any cheaper since the last time I looked them up.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=47074&colorID=5

Even if you snipe up the complete red X-Pod set from eBay where the sellers aren't aware of the demand I think it ends up being $15 to $25 x 6 for just that one set of parts. :(

That model looks so good, though...

Even if you snipe up the complete red X-Pod set from eBay where the sellers aren't aware of the demand I think it ends up being $15 to $25 x 6 for just that one set of parts. :(

That model looks so good, though...
Heh, I just looked it up on ebay and the title even said Akira MOC...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Returned one of the two Exo-Suits to the store today. The manager seemed shocked, but he forgot I had bought two. I told him how damn fragile the thing was, and then he understood why it stopped flying out of there after Friday.

They still had tons of Exo-Suit sets on the shelf, but apparently ran out of Research Institute some time over the weekend. I am also seeing a lot of press about Research Institute right now, so I think quite a few non LEGO regulars are snatching it up too.

Does it not display well, though? I would imagine that set is designed with display in mind. Or I would hope that's the case if it's as fragile as you're saying it is. :|

Xater

I'm actually trying to sell my Exo Suit after the impressions I have heard. I'd rather use the money to buy some other Lego stuff I think.

Rootbeer

Banned
Can't wait to build an exo suit to see for myself all of these complaints... I hope I find the problems to be mild.

Still glad I bought two for the minifigs. I can use the 2nd for parts.

Thursday get here!

ruxtpin

Banned
Still waiting on my 2 exo-suits. Definitely going to display one taking over my town, the other one I'll sit on for a bit. Maybe. I donno'

Don't let my comments of how fragile the Exo Suit is detract you. The set really is damn cool once done and looks fantastic. It displays well, and comes with green space men. The problem is just moving stuff to pose it might knock some little things off or if you grip it too hard. Mainly around the shoulders.

kms_md

Don't let my comments of how fragile the Exo Suit is detract you. The set really is damn cool once done and looks fantastic. It displays well, and comes with green space men. The problem is just moving stuff to pose it might knock some little things off or if you grip it too hard. Mainly around the shoulders.

and feet - i have to just display it without the binoculars on the feet. they do not stay on well at all.

ruxtpin

Banned
and feet - i have to just display it without the binoculars on the feet. they do not stay on well at all.

Yeah, I've noticed that piece doesn't seem to stick well in any set. Wonder if Lego could adjust the "circle" a few microns or something so it sticks a bit better.

Okay cool. Saw TRU had a 2-pack and really considered picking it up, but want some build opinions first.

Didn't get to it last night. But I did glance over the instruction booklets and it does look be a great build in the vein of the Sith Fury Interceptor.

I must have missed this, why is it so fragile?

Wasn't the original Ideas model full of illegal connections? And the full LEGO remake was delayed too...

Didn't get to it last night. But I did glance over the instruction booklets and it does look be a great build in the vein of the Sith Fury Interceptor.

I'm gonna grab it today. I have to work all weekend which is my birthday so this'll be my little bit of fun for my birthday week I guess.

Rootbeer

Banned
Welp.

Bought ATAT today with TRU 20% off coupon. yay! dat OT goodness.

(also found all 5 marvel X-Men legends figs, gonna build me a Jubilee when I get home)

Welp.

Bought ATAT today with TRU 20% off coupon. yay! dat OT goodness.

(also found all 5 marvel X-Men legends figs, gonna build me a Jubilee when I get home)

Assuming it was a rewards coupon?

ok maybe a dumb question but what are these?

Hasbro 6" action figures. Buy the wave, build another figure with the pieces included with each figure.

This is the wave he bought:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23798&mode=retail

I bought the Star Destroyer at TRU this past weekend with the 20% off coupon. I have yet to build it. My next purchase will be the UCS Tumbler, and if my cash flow works out like I want it to, then I will purchase the VW camper or the Partisan Restaraunt.
My TRU has the Sith Fury Interceptor in stock (1 left)... I want it really bad, so maybe another 20% coupon will come in the mail soon.

Rootbeer

Banned
Assuming it was a rewards coupon?

Hasbro 6" action figures. Buy the wave, build another figure with the pieces included with each figure.

This is the wave he bought:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23798&mode=retail
20% off coupon that came in a babies r us booklet I got in the mail a few days ago.

And yes, that is them! Stoked cause I've never had a magneto figure.

I got them a lot cheaper than what bbts is charging though

Also... Sadly my local TRU began marking up the LEGO movie sets. Emmett's mech was 69.99!

Don't forget to price match before coupon if you encounter this.

DemiMatt

I went to my Lego Store on Friday night, I was able to get 2 Exo Suits and convince my GF we should by Benny's Spaceship! Super stoked to build these guys. The Manager said that they only got 80 exo suits in, and even though it says they'll ship in 30 days on the site, she's not overly confident on it.

Now I gotta figure out what to buy in sept to get the white spaceman!

Just realized that I could type in my order number and see its status. Says the exo suit is gonna get here thursday. Crazy its taking almost a week, I should have just went to a store instead.

Just realized that I could type in my order number and see its status. Says the exo suit is gonna get here thursday. Crazy its taking almost a week, I should have just went to a store instead.

I have to wait till next Tuesday for mine. Originally said Monday but nope, FedEx added a day to it.

Experien

I did online to guarantee it (since I don't live that close to a LEGO store) and I can ship it to work so FREE shipping and NO tax, woo!

Top Bottom