• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

neonglow

Ops Brainfart, been talking about Marvel movies all morning. JLA!

Did alot of people not open their Martian Manhunters?

I haven't opened mine since I haven't built any DC sets in awhile. The Martian Manhunter isn't that pricey though. He goes for about $10 on eBay.

...Avengers at the Green Grocer?

Good on you for opening your Martian Manhunter btw.

Edit: Dammit Ravek.

Woot, Green Grocer representing! And since I'm never going to collect the Justice League, I just traded off my MM. On the other hand, I traded him for five Futuron, Space Police, Blacktron and M-Tron figures in good condition so I'm pretty happy with that.

So, I got my Exo Suits the other day. I built one right away and it's pretty great, although the bad connections (wrists, shoulders and feet binoculars) make it kind of flimsy. I adore the green figures though, and it's well worth the price.

I lost my internet in a thunderstorm two days ago now, so I don't want to leech too much on my poor 0,5 gb phone connection (which I'll probably have to extend this month), but I'm posting a review (in Swedish) tomorrow. Along with this little teaser... ;)

exosuit04.jpg

I also went back to the local toy shop which still has a ton of LotR on 40% off. I got another Moria in great condition to replace my worn "investment" copy, and built it. It's a decent build although plagued by stickers (I added none), but the parts supply is excellent. Once I take this down I'll get a ton of DBG pieces. And the figures are great - Boromir, Pippin, the troll and the green orcs are all exclusive. With my spare set of the Fellowship, it's a rather cool little scene.

Ponn

Banned
I haven't opened mine since I haven't built any DC sets in awhile. The Martian Manhunter isn't that pricey though. He goes for about $10 on eBay.

I paid $20 for him after market. Opened right up, chilling with Aquaman right now.

So I did get Trevi Fountain today and man, AWD is really failing me. Was listed as Very Good, cosmetic damage on box. What they really meant was this

Box looks like someone sat on it.

Now this sticker was new though, haven't seen it before. Maybe they are starting to check the contents and boxes to make sure everything is there which would be good.

Well, this is my project for tomorrow. Will post pics after I build it.

Not sure how long this weekly LEGO store sale will go on, but this week there was very little.

2 Chima Speedorz sets and 1 Chima set.
The $20 recent wave of Hobbit sets. I forget the name.

For those not aware: LEGO stores have a weekly 20% off sale on select sets starting on Thursday and ending on Sunday. It's been going on for over 1 month, but no information on when this will stop.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I paid $20 for him after market. Opened right up, chilling with Aquaman right now.

So I did get Trevi Fountain today and man, AWD is really failing me. Was listed as Very Good, cosmetic damage on box. What they really meant was this

Box looks like someone sat on it.

Now this sticker was new though, haven't seen it before. Maybe they are starting to check the contents and boxes to make sure everything is there which would be good.

Well, this is my project for tomorrow. Will post pics after I build it.

The hell is that? I mean, hopefully you got it for an OK deal...But that box damage is miserable.

They usually don't. Sold out means gone for good and temporary out of stock means they have sets maybe but are unavailable. That's why you can't order either from the site anymore, because they can't fulfill the order. The rover was temporary out of stock and it never came back. They could bring back the institute just because it would be bad press to be accused of not making enough sets for female demographic and the set has been all over the news. Either way the manufacturing line schedule is set months in advance. If we see more, it will be existing stock being moved around.
Dammit LEGO, why won't you take my money? I want the Research Institute and Exo Suit!

Rhaegar

Ruh roh! Wifey found my stash of unopened sets from that Target internet pickup sale last week. Guess it's good I'm working nights right now, because I get the feeling I would be couching it tonight!

Looks like I probably wont have a full time job when I move. Only part time is available in stores near where I am moving. So that means the LEGO drought will probably continue for some time unless something opens up quick. Sad face.

OMG! A new Catwoman mould with goggles would be awesome. Doubt it will happen, but who knows if the Super Hero themes keep selling well (also it's related to Batman - DC LEGO almost always has to be tied to Batman - SMH).

http://www.fbtb.net/2014/08/07/ign-reveals-dc-comics-lego-variant-covers/

Why doesn't LEGO jump on a Teen Titans set?!? The Cartoon Network cartoon is doing very well. The Beast Boy minifig doesn't require any new moulds. I think they could do all of the Teen Titans in the cartoon without new moulds except for Cyborg (could get away with just a head print though).

Man, even though I'm attempting to break the "don't buy anything a month and a half before your birthday rule" My gf set in place, I can't find that damn Exo Suit or Research Institute. I see the Exo Suit is out of stock but the Research Institute is sold out online, does this mean that one is gone for good?

Apologies if that is answered somewhere earlier in the thread. I just can't imagine such a positive set would be so limited.

Looks like I probably wont have a full time job when I move. Only part time is available in stores near where I am moving. So that means the LEGO drought will probably continue for some time unless something opens up quick. Sad face.

That sucks. On the bright side, you have a very large collection now. You can do a lot of MOC'ing.

Ravek

Banned
OMG! A new Catwoman mould with goggles would be awesome. Doubt it will happen, but who knows if the Super Hero themes keep selling well (also it's related to Batman - DC LEGO almost always has to be tied to Batman - SMH).

http://www.fbtb.net/2014/08/07/ign-reveals-dc-comics-lego-variant-covers/

Why doesn't LEGO jump on a Teen Titans set?!? The Cartoon Network cartoon is doing very well. The Beast Boy minifig doesn't require any new moulds. I think they could do all of the Teen Titans in the cartoon without new moulds except for Cyborg (could get away with just a head print though).

Weird...didn't see Power Girl...wonder why...

Ryuuroden

Yeeeeaaaah. Those cities are about 3.5 -5 hours away from where we will end up. However, the Nashville, TN store will only be about an hour away. So I can check that wall every few weeks. :)

So I take it that it wasn't a job at Lexmark that she got then. I only ked but it is one of the biggest employers in that state

Weird...didn't see Power Girl...wonder why...

Haha. Power Girl would require a new mould with lumps like Friends mini dolls.

Speaking of which I just found this nice site listing all the mini-dolls. I'm slowly trying to ween off buying Friends sets except for the occasional $20 or less sets. My collecting bug kept me wanting to collect all the mini-dolls, but I can see it's futile as Friends theme looks like it will produce a huge amount of mini-dolls in the future (fingers crossed for Friends super hero versions - they are doing Duplo super heroes so who knows).

http://www.friendsbricks.com/minidolls.html

So I take it that it wasn't a job at Lexmark that she got then. I only ked but it is one of the biggest employers in that state

Berry Plastics is where she will be going.

And I am taking all this as a sign to escape my current retail environment. Going to start job hunting once we know the exact area we are settling in.

AgcmHpAl.jpg

LEGO S@H got me worry with their email about a glitch in their notification system but when I woke up a box was sitting on kitchen table full of LEGO goodness.

I am not surprise that the Research Institute is sold out, everyone probably pick it up along with the EXO suit set. They have not reprint the Mars Rover set and I am curious if they will reprint either one of these. LEGO have set coming out faster than ever.

Finally got the exo suit! I can see why people have complaints about it being too fragile, the binoculars and shoulder plates are really flimsy, but its fine for me. Maybe its because I'm extremely delicate when I touch legos lol. The set is amazing, I don't think I've seen an official lego set with this level of detail before. Well worth the purchase. After a while I managed to get Pete's hands to grab the handles so it looks like he's piloting the suit, for some reason it was really hard to get it lined up right ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
WlB9gEN.png

AgcmHpAl.jpg

LEGO S@H got me worry with their email about a glitch in their notification system but when I woke up a box was sitting on kitchen table full of LEGO goodness.

I am not surprise that the Research Institute is sold out, everyone probably pick it up along with the EXO suit set. They have not reprint the Mars Rover set and I am curious if they will reprint either one of these. LEGO have set coming out faster than ever.

Yes they have. LEGO is coming out with too much IMO, but if the market can bear it I don't blame them. With such a heavy production schedule, it may be hard for LEGO to fit some additional LEGO Ideas runs in.

The fact Mars Rover never made it into the store upset me. You know, now that I think about it, I should have gone into the store and asked for it. I believe they still have free shipping on any item not in the store. That way I don't have to get $75 worth of stuff to get free shipping. I'll remember that for future purchases.

Ravek

Banned

The Exo-Suits my friend ordered for me arrived at her house today! Now im waiting for the two I ordered to come in!

Fyi: she didn't mean to order four, and really shouldn't have been able to, but S@H glitced on her I guess. And yes, she was charged for all four but only got VIP points for two.

$35. I love the Architecture boxes so its a disappointment for me but for the price i will deal with it. That's like .05 cents a brick.
If you contact Amazon and show them the picture sometimes they will offer more discount instead of paying postage for you to return it.

Ponn

Banned
If you contact Amazon and show them the picture sometimes they will offer more discount instead of paying postage for you to return it.

I will try that. I looked in the box and wow, it was worse then I thought though. one of the bags was slit open and some pieces were just bouncing around inside the box. What i'm kind of afraid of though is as you can see from teh pics its crushed so that there is a space on the sides were something could fall out. Now I didn't see any pieces in the shipping box but I really won't know for sure till I open up everything and put it together.

More importantly to me, the instruction booklet looks like it was went over with one of those meat tenderizer hammers. I'm just not sure what happened to this set but its definitely not even acceptable. I will see what they offer as a discount but i'm really bummed about this. More than the Knowhere Escape missing fig fiasco.

ghostmind

The employee I spoke to at the LEGO store today was HYPED about the Tumbler. Told him that I will see him at opening on the 18th.

Picked up the Polar Accessory Set, the Starblast Showdown GotG set, and a bunch of LEGO Movie sets (because my son keeps giving away the ones I have in my backlog to his friends for birthday party gifts).

Labratory set and 2 Exo-Suits should be here on Monday.

And I haven't even bought a summer Star Wars set yet!

Ryuuroden

Berry Plastics is where she will be going.

And I am taking all this as a sign to escape my current retail environment. Going to start job hunting once we know the exact area we are settling in.

Hmmm sounds like a place I would install labs at. Wonder if they go with VWR or Fisher Scientific. If its VWR I may be down there someday or another if they remodel any labs. We don't get much work from the Kentucky Sales Rep though cause the one in Pennsylvania monopolizes us and chases away the other sales reps which pisses us off cause we don't want to rely on one person for the majority of our work. He has too much power at corporate though and our small company is one of the best installers for VWR so he wants us at his beck and call even when he doesn't have available work. Then, sometimes he gives away our jobs to other guys when we could have easily fit it in our schedule. We just lost a quarter million dollar job that he gave away that should of been ours. End un-asked for rant :p

The employee I spoke to at the LEGO store today was HYPED about the Tumbler. Told him that I will see him at opening on the 18th.

Picked up the Polar Accessory Set, the Starblast Showdown GotG set, and a bunch of LEGO Movie sets (because my son keeps giving away the ones I have in my backlog to his friends for birthday party gifts).

Labratory set and 2 Exo-Suits should be here on Monday.

And I haven't even bought a summer Star Wars set yet!

I have been seriously thinking about what to do with everything coming out. All the exclusives...sigh.

Cantina, Star Destroyer, and multiple AT-ATs alone is a good $400+.

ghostmind

I have been seriously thinking about what to do with everything coming out. All the exclusives...sigh.

Cantina, Star Destroyer, and multiple AT-ATs alone is a good $400+.

I get the feeling that October will see a Star Wars promo minifig in North America LEGO Stores (and S@H) - probably the TC-4. I'm saving my SW purchases until then (and for the potential Triple VIP in November).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Made some progress on the crane tonight. I sort all my pieces when I build Technic because holy shit I hate hunting for a 3 axle or a 5 link. Screw that. Also, it means I can enjoy the build more and pay attention to the mechanics.

Almost through book 1 of 5. This thing is a LOT longer than I expected...

zQ3BYnFDXTQCmgLE1CMpof3XyVJa3FWUU78w5V9bxvA=w900-h675-no

IMG_20140807_225821.jpg

IMG_20140807_234422.jpg

neonglow

I'm waiting for double and triple VIP to pick up the rest of the modulars and the Simpsons house. The Tumbler will have to wait till 2015 for me.

So the Sith Infiltrator is pretty cool. Yeah it's about $20 overpriced, and yeah the build gets repetitive, but the end product is really awesome. The lines on the ship are insane. Plus Malgus is an awesome little minifig. Happy I got it before it was gone.

Ravek

Banned
Made some progress on the crane tonight. I sort all my pieces when I build Technic because holy shit I hate hunting for a 3 axle or a 5 link. Screw that. Also, it means I can enjoy the build more and pay attention to the mechanics.

Almost through book 1 of 5. This thing is a LOT longer than I expected...

zQ3BYnFDXTQCmgLE1CMpof3XyVJa3FWUU78w5V9bxvA=w900-h675-no

IMG_20140807_225821.jpg

IMG_20140807_234422.jpg

That already looks massive. And not even through book 1? Awesome.

Help GAF help

Someone returned a VW Camper today. I feel like it's not something we're gonna get in anymore, especially now that the Mini is out. With my discount it'd be $60... I kinda like the Camper more than the Mini, and I just moved into a nice big office at my other job and my office-mate/boss thinks I should get it but for some reason I'm hesitant to pull the trigger.

I should get it, right? I don't know why I'm having trouble convincing myself to get it, I've heard everyone sing its praise and it sure looks amazing. Fffffff... why is this causing me pause?

Did you sell yours?

....if I had one....I'd open it....*sigh

I opened mine immediately. Gotta get that martian goodness.

I feel silly opening them just to shove them in a box....so instead I shove the bags in a box. I know, it doesn't make sense. I have a problem opening polybags so I have a few boxes filled with them.

I have a box for "exclusive figs I plan on opening soon":

It's gotten to the point where I'm usually buying two of every polybag and not even opening the first. Dumb. Need to break the habit.

On a totally unrelated note, my Ideas sets arrived today! My daughter doesn't know we got the Research set so she'll be thrilled. I'm planning on building the Exo Suit when I get back from Nevada next weekend.

R-User!

Help GAF help

Someone returned a VW Camper today. I feel like it's not something we're gonna get in anymore, especially now that the Mini is out. With my discount it'd be $60... I kinda like the Camper more than the Mini, and I just moved into a nice big office at my other job and my office-mate/boss thinks I should get it but for some reason I'm hesitant to pull the trigger.

I should get it, right? I don't know why I'm having trouble convincing myself to get it, I've heard everyone sing its praise and it sure looks amazing. Fffffff... why is this causing me pause?

Just get it, you won't regret it...
leuhkiktmk96.gif

Zerojul

Help GAF help

It's a wonderful set well worth its MSRP, you should definitely get it. Especially with your discount :)

Top Bottom