• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

Where did that UCS Slave 1 vanish? Was it a fake or misunderstanding/misinterpretation?

Still on the way.

Current thinking is that it is an October/November release.

Also, expect one or two retailer exclusives added to the Star Wars January list I posted earlier. We probably won't learn about those for some time though.

Woorloog

Banned
Still on the way.

Current thinking is that it is an October/November release.

I see.
I'm interested in it because i wonder what kind of internals it will have (how detailed cockpit, will it have any other interiors, etc.), and whether it will have the hidden weapons Slave 1 supposedly has. Plus it is perhaps the most intriguing ship in Star Wars, certainly among the oddest.
Now, if i won a lottery or something...

Rumored new Star Wars sets for January:

Microfighters
75072 ARC-170 Starfighter
75073 Vulture Droid
75074 Snowspeeder
75075 AT-AT
75076 Republic Gunship
75077 Homing Spider Droid

Normal scale sets
75078 Geonosis Troopers
75079 Shadow Troopers
75080 AAT
75081 T-16 Skyhopper

Star Wars Rebels
75089 Imperial Troop Transport
75090 Ezra’s Speeder Bike
75082 TIE Advanced Prototype
75083 AT-DP
75084 Wookiee Gunship

So LEGO is going all in for Rebels, which is very exciting as we will be getting new designs for the first time. I'm very glad to see the return of the AAT, as it has been a while since the last release (2009). Even longer for the OT T-16 Skyhopper (2003).

I'm not surprised to see a lack of OT sets, as I think they'll be saving a lot of that for Episode VII, where some of the OT ships get redesigns/evolutions
(like the recently revealed next-gen X-wing).

I'm most excited for the Imperial Troop Transport - a vehicle I had back in the 1980s from Kenner, that they are bringing back for Rebels.

Thank goodness. After this years wave of Star Wars OT goodness, I can ease off Star Wars stuff next year to make room for Super Heroe sets and anything else good.

Guy on local Craig's list has imperial Shuttle for 390. B wing for 200. Imperial flagship 495. Any of these good deal?

Use http://brickset.com/ or brickpedia. If you know the set number or name it's easy to find the MSRP. I always use brickset.com to check on MSRP especially when checking out if TRU sale is a real deal or not.

Bricklink is good to see how much a OOP set is going. eBay always has a few sellers with outrageous prices that can mess up what a "fair" OOP aftermarket street price is.

Microfighter Snowspeeder? Yes please!

Bought a bin of loose Friends sets from craigslist for my 6yo daughter. We sorted through a bunch of sets today and I realized two things:

1) There are a ton of tiny accessories!! Butterflies, brushes, ribbons, bowties, etc. And they're almost always loose in some brick built box or bin in the set. I don't know how kids aren't supposed to lose them.

2) There are some weird and unique pieces that I've never seen before. Good for MOCs.

neonglow

I came back from Bricks by the Bay and picked up some trinkets.

Picked up 2 minifigures with the BBTB logo.

Got an event kit which builds into a board game.

Microfighter Snowspeeder? Yes please!

Bought a bin of loose Friends sets from craigslist for my 6yo daughter. We sorted through a bunch of sets today and I realized two things:

1) There are a ton of tiny accessories!! Butterflies, brushes, ribbons, bowties, etc. And they're almost always loose in some brick built box or bin in the set. I don't know how kids aren't supposed to lose them.

2) There are some weird and unique pieces that I've never seen before. Good for MOCs.
Dude Friends sets are friggin GOLD MINES for accessories. It's crazy that we have these Creator sets that are just absolutely barren on the insides yet Friends sets are positively overflowing with details and accessories.

I recently bought the small Friends lifeguard set because it comes with a BUCKET! Wtf I have never even seen a Lego bucket before. And not just that but a life preserver and one of those red lifeguard floater things and a DOLPHIN. The bigger "room" sets or whatever have just details upon details pouring out everywhere. Buy a Creator house and inside there's like a chair and that is the end of the list.

Friends sets are awesome parts kits. No shame.

Friends has tons of useful molds, although many are actually reuses from Belville. It would be great to get some in colours other than pink and purple though.

Check out the mall, there's a load of useful pieces and ideas in that one. When City has been reduced into remakes of emergency vehicles, Friends is the line where you get everyday settings.

Rootbeer

Banned
I buy quite a few Friends sets. I think I have about 10 of them right now, of various sizes. Including the dolphin cruiser and the high school.

Biggest complaint is the colors, for sure. Do I have problems with lots of pink in my collection? No, it's just that I don't often want to MOC things in pink because other colors are usually more appropriate for the concept. The pastel blue is nice though.

To those of who who pre-ordered LEGO Batman 3 at gamestop for the plastic man... is it at all disconcerting that gamestop.com makes no mention of the figure anywhere in the listings? I have never done a gamestop pre-order that game with a physical bonus item before... do I just walk in to pick up my copy and they hand me the minifigure with my copy of the game? I hope they start advertising the minifig soon. I noticed that amazon.de is offering the minifig with the game too.

-

Lastly... question for everyone!

I need me a Darth Maul (Ep I). I am thinking about getting this keychain and doing the removal technique. Anyone have this keychain? Will the heat-and-pull method work fine or will it damage the horns?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085NUQIA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

oh one final thing...
New LEGO Arctic polybag at TRU

LRdxsOG.png

Zerojul

A little LTTP, but I can't wait to see what the microfighter AT-AT will look like :)
I'm actually happy to get a second wave of those little guys. Love the concept.

Xater

Alright was able to sell my Exo Suit. Now I have money for other Lego stuff yay!

Will probably get two of the Super Hero sets I had my eyes on.

Dude Friends sets are friggin GOLD MINES for accessories. It's crazy that we have these Creator sets that are just absolutely barren on the insides yet Friends sets are positively overflowing with details and accessories.

I recently bought the small Friends lifeguard set because it comes with a BUCKET! Wtf I have never even seen a Lego bucket before. And not just that but a life preserver and one of those red lifeguard floater things and a DOLPHIN. The bigger "room" sets or whatever have just details upon details pouring out everywhere. Buy a Creator house and inside there's like a chair and that is the end of the list.

Friends sets are awesome parts kits. No shame.

Gold mines indeed! I got lucky with this. Lady only wanted $40 for the bin and there were five med/large sets, five small sets, and a few Belville sets. Score!

I went to the Lego store yesterday hoping to pick up a Research Institute, but they were out. The girl was nice to give me a free shipping code card though.

As I was leaving, a 10 year old kid and his parents were also walking out, and the kid was holding a bag with the Sandcrawler in it! I was like, "I don't even have that one. You're a lucky kid." He just smiled at me and his parents gave me a defeated look. LOL

Wow $40 for that is a crazy score :O

I think Lego's "we didn't anticipate the demand" response to the Exo-Suit is a load of crap, but if they'd said it about the Research Institute I'd believe them no question. I don't think ANYONE expected that to sell like it did and now it's just 100% sold out gone in less than a week. Less than like three days even? With Lego saying that the Exo-Suit isn't a limited run and that they'll make more, I REALLY hope they do the same for the Research Institute.

iuuk

Wow $40 for that is a crazy score :O

I think Lego's "we didn't anticipate the demand" response to the Exo-Suit is a load of crap, but if they'd said it about the Research Institute I'd believe them no question. I don't think ANYONE expected that to sell like it did and now it's just 100% sold out gone in less than a week. Less than like three days even? With Lego saying that the Exo-Suit isn't a limited run and that they'll make more, I REALLY hope they do the same for the Research Institute.

The entire exo-suit situation is bizarre. I recently got that e-mail telling me they'll be producing more exo-suits, but at the moment it's completely sold out at S@H Europe (NL) and only out of stock in the US. Has it been confirmed that they will be printing more for new buyers, or is this only to fulfill previous orders?

Experien

Which is the better ship...The Ghost or The Milano?

Liked the GotG ship flying and seems swooshable but I just saw a clip of Rebels and I am quite intrigued by it and its characters!

Which is the better ship...The Ghost or The Milano?

Liked the GotG ship flying and seems swooshable but I just saw a clip of Rebels and I am quite intrigued by it and its characters!

Ghost is a much more interesting build, but the Milano looks much cooler and has a much better interior.

The entire exo-suit situation is bizarre. I recently got that e-mail telling me they'll be producing more exo-suits, but at the moment it's completely sold out at S@H Europe (NL) and only out of stock in the US. Has it been confirmed that they will be printing more for new buyers, or is this only to fulfill previous orders?
Here the link to the story but it sounds like they're saying all orders will be fulfilled, as well as just more of them in general going into the future. They say Lego never intended it to be a limited run and specifically call out the 10,000 units rumor as total BS.

neonglow

Here the link to the story but it sounds like they're saying all orders will be fulfilled, as well as just more of them in general going into the future. They say Lego never intended it to be a limited run and specifically call out the 10,000 units rumor as total BS.

Production of these sets probably started months ago before all the hype started. It probably takes a lot of work to reconfigure the factory to make a new batch. It's really competing with all the 2015 2nd half sets for production time.

Built both the Ghost & Phantom today as I had the house all to myself for the first tw in what seems like forever. Really glad I took a random vacation day.

The phantom is nothing to write home about. But the Ghost is great build! I love the technic skeleton, the dual cockpits and the rotating turret. And the ship still manages to look great once you dock the Phantom. It's a small bummer that both ships are sold individually. But luckily I managed to snage the Ghost a $77 when Amazon had it discounted, so that mitigated the extra cost of the Phantom.

If you're looking for a big Star Wars ship to build, I highly recommend the Ghost and the Phantom just to complete the ship.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Got the Milano and Knowhere Escape Mission in today! Cannot wait to build these!

The Star-lord, Rocket and Ronan mini-figures are awesome. The Groot build is surprising big and out of proportion.

Ponn

Banned
In KY looking for housing for when we move. A store here still has Dino sets. Lol. They have the T Rex capture or whatever it is called. Crazy.

You just made at least a couple Lego-GAFfers start salivating.

We used to drive through KY from MI to FL. It really is gorgeous up there especially going through the mountains.

You just made at least a couple Lego-GAFfers start salivating.

We used to drive through KY from MI to FL. It really is gorgeous up there especially going through the mountains.
If I actually had money and didn't have to fly home I would snag it. I bought Dino Defense HQ before, but a brown T. Rex would be cool.

Sadly, it looks like my LEGO sabbatical is indefinite. My current position at my retail company only has part time positions for where we are moving, so no more full time work or pay for me. I am expecting a HUGE pay cut. Like, 2/3rds. Basically enough to pay my credit card bills and gas. Thankfully, my wife is making more than enough to pay for absolutely everything else.

This really is a blessing in disguise. It is forcing me out of full time retail. It gives me more time to actually work on art again and start going back to school. And since I probably won't be adding more bricks to my collection, it means a whole lotta MOCcing coming soon.

Man, I made the right decision to get most of those Forestmen sets years back, they've jumped in prices. Only one of value I'm missing is that River Crossing one...that's gonna be the killer to buy.

wetwired

I was running out of room hanging my minifig frames individually on the wall so I got some of the photo shelf frames and mounted them, I've already filled the 4 I bought so I've got another 2 which I'll put underneath but I think it looks much better than before.

shelf.jpg

Also an update on the batcave, the rocks are just roughly blocked out in the shape I will use, I intend to sculpt the rocks more with slopes, the hole in the back will be a waterfall.

WIP3.jpg

HOW MUCH HOW MUCH HOW MUCH??? *flips out* *explodes*
MSRP. It's a BN in Bowling Green. I went in for coffee the other morning and saw the set there. If you find the isbn and then go to your local store, they can probably have the KY store ship it to them. Or call the KY store and pay over the phone and they ship it.

I would grab it for you if I could, but all our money just went into the deposit on the home.

R-User!

I was running out of room hanging my minifig frames individually on the wall so I got some of the photo shelf frames and mounted them, I've already filled the 4 I bought so I've got another 2 which I'll put underneath but I think it looks much better than before.

shelf.jpg

Also an update on the batcave, the rocks are just roughly blocked out in the shape I will use, I intend to sculpt the rocks more with slopes, the hole in the back will be a waterfall.

WIP3.jpg

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrp!!.....

....ahhhhh! Squuze me... >_>

Top Bottom