• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

MSRP. It's a BN in Bowling Green. I went in for coffee the other morning and saw the set there. If you find the isbn and then go to your local store, they can probably have the KY store ship it to them. Or call the KY store and pay over the phone and they ship it.

I would grab it for you if I could, but all our money just went into the deposit on the home.
AWESOME! I'll try to get it myself but if I fail for whatever reason I'd totally be down with sending you moolah. Was the chopper with the Rex the only one they had?

Ah man freakin out. Gotta find the isbn number, there's a B&N super close to my house. Maybe they can help me figure it out.

ruxtpin

Banned
Too late. I just went to my local B&N. Set is on the way to my house as we speak.

Just kidding - I wouldn't do that to a fellow Lego pal.

I bought a 1998 Ninja set to pad out a BL order, and I kind of like it. Kind of Castle-ish but with katanas and stone lanterns. Now I want a bigger set.

Ponn

Banned
You're from mi?! Me too! West side of the state

Yea grew up there, family moved to Florida when I was younger though but have always hated it here and have been looking for an excuse to move back up north for a long time.

I lived in a little town called Houghton Lake pretty much central MI, It's close to Cadillac and Traverse City. Town was so small for me to buy any Transformers as a kid we had to go to a bigger city with a Kmart or Saginaw.

B&N Rex Capture Update:

I went to my local store and talked with someone about the set and how to do a transfer. He said that because it's in a store, and not the warehouse, they can't actually transfer it over to Burbank for me. Had it been in the warehouse, it wouldn't have been a problem at all. But because it's in the store (There are two of them, btw, NY-GAF if you live near Lake Grove there's a T-Rex Capture there too) I have only two options: call and see if the manager MIGHT mail it out from the store, which apparently they don't normally do, or second option would be to have someone nearby buy it for me and ship it. I'll call first to check though.

Thanks!

Too late. I just went to my local B&N. Set is on the way to my house as we speak.

Just kidding - I wouldn't do that to a fellow Lego pal.

Gonna be honest, my heart stopped for a second. Then I thought, "Well, it's not like I have exclusive claim on it, someone could just walk in and buy it before I get the chance". But phew! Ya got me!

B&N Rex Capture Update:

I went to my local store and talked with someone about the set and how to do a transfer. He said that because it's in a store, and not the warehouse, they can't actually transfer it over to Burbank for me. Had it been in the warehouse, it wouldn't have been a problem at all. But because it's in the store (There are two of them, btw, NY-GAF if you live near Lake Grove there's a T-Rex Capture there too) I have only two options: call and see if the manager MIGHT mail it out from the store, which apparently they don't normally do, or second option would be to have someone nearby buy it for me and ship it. I'll call first to check though.

Thanks!

Gonna be honest, my heart stopped for a second. Then I thought, "Well, it's not like I have exclusive claim on it, someone could just walk in and buy it before I get the chance". But phew! Ya got me!
Bullshit on them not shipping it. Tell the person at your store that you know a BN somewhere (find the store number online) has it. Get a manager and ask them if they can call that store and have it manifested in. They CAN transfer between stores. I know this because I have done it. That is how I got Dino HQ last year.

HOLY

SHIT

YOU

GUYS

OK

SO

*deep breath*

*freaking out*

*deep breath*

Ok so I called the KY store. They had it. They said they'd ship it out for me, $4 shipping. Not bad! ~$80 is much better than $150, and I feel better paying this much for the full set instead of $40/50 for just the T-Rex on Bricklink.

So they transfer me to the person who takes payment info.

And she rang it up.

And told me it was actually on clearance.

For.

Two.

Dollars.

*dies and ascends to heaven*

HOLY

SHIT

YOU

GUYS

OK

SO

*deep breath*

*freaking out*

*deep breath*

Ok so I called the KY store. They had it. They said they'd ship it out for me, $4 shipping. Not bad! ~$80 is much better than $150, and I feel better paying this much for the full set instead of $40/50 for just the T-Rex on Bricklink.

And she rang it up.

For.

Two.

Dollars.

I'm genuinely smiling for you right now. What a feeling.

HOLY

SHIT

YOU

GUYS

OK

SO

*deep breath*

*freaking out*

*deep breath*

And she rang it up.

For.

Two.

Dollars.

Damn you! I almost asked for a price check when I was in there. My gut said it was clearance, but I didn't ask. Dammit! Lol

But, I am very glad you got it. And for an obscene price. Guess that store didn't do a thorough scan for clearance stuff. Lol

Now that my "dammit" is out of my system, it fills me with joy that I was able to make a fellow LEGO GAFfer's wish come true somehow. And for dirt cheap. :)

ghostmind

HOLY

SHIT

YOU

GUYS

OK

SO

*deep breath*

*freaking out*

*deep breath*

And she rang it up.

For.

Two.

Dollars.

5YVkLWX.gif

You know what makes it sweeter? That it is someone wanting the set to actually build it that got it. Not a dealer or speculator. Someone that will give the set some actual love. :)

So happy for you, WordAssassin.

neonglow

HOLY

SHIT

YOU

GUYS

OK

SO

*deep breath*

*freaking out*

*deep breath*

And she rang it up.

For.

Two.

Dollars.

Congrats! You will have to build it and show it off to us now!

I actually did have pangs of guilt for nabbing such an insane deal all thanks to you, Phon. I even called over to the NY store to see if they still had the other one so I could send it your way as a thank you, but apparently someone bought it yesterday and it just hadn't cleared the system yet ;__;

Today has been a pretty lucky Lego day for me. I dropped by GameStop earlier to preorder Lego Batman 3, and the guy felt bad that they didn't have the bonus figure yet (I told him it was totally fine cause the game is like 2 months away) and he gave me a Wild West Emmet as consolation to tide me over till they get Plastic Man in.

:O

Muskegon, Mi LegoGAF

I was just in Muskegon this past weekend! We picked blueberries in Nunica before heading over the the beach. It was so much fun and perfect weather.

Lego related, I'm about to start building the mini cooper. Also,a few weeks ago my local target had their nano blocks on 50% off clearance and I went and bought every single one! I'll get a picture of the finished sets once I get around to building them all.

I was just in Muskegon this past weekend! We picked blueberries in Nunica before heading over the the beach. It was so much fun and perfect weather.

Lego related, I'm about to start building the mini cooper. Also,a few weeks ago my local target had their nano blocks on 50% off clearance and I went and bought every single one! I'll get a picture of the finished sets once I get around to building them all.

I grabbed a bunch too.

I'll get my Taj Mahal fix in nanoblock form.

Guardians of the Galaxy kits are finally out in Australia. Picked all of them up yesterday.

I put together Starblaster Showdown (76019) last night. The Nova Corps ship is really impressive. Not as swooshable as I would have liked, but seems like it would lend itself really well as a display piece. Star-Lord minifig is insanely cool.

I'll probably put the Milano together tonight. Hype.

Guardians of the Galaxy kits are finally out in Australia. Picked all of them up yesterday.

I put together Starblaster Showdown (76019) last night. The Nova Corps ship is really impressive. Not as swooshable as I would have liked, but seems like it would lend itself really well as a display piece. Star-Lord minifig is insanely cool.

I'll probably put the Milano together tonight. Hype.

Where did you see them?

Someone say Nanoblock?!
I have a stupid huge collection of Nanoblocks...

IMG_20140812_211529.jpg

O_O

I really like the look of nano blocks when they are completed, but they aren't quite as enjoyable to build. They don't have the same criteria as Lego does for the stability and it can be really frustrating at times to try to get the set together. At the same time though,I appreciate the challenge as I find Lego builds fairly simple. I can't even imagine putting a nano block set that big together!

Edit...did that giant ship only have like 10 steps to complete? It always cracks me up how much they cram into each step!

Bought the DeLorean off Amazon, absolutely love the set. After the Tumbler pretty sure there isn't much else I want that's out right now though, which is a shame.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
O_O

I really like the look of nano blocks when they are completed, but they aren't quite as enjoyable to build. They don't have the same criteria as Lego does for the stability and it can be really frustrating at times to try to get the set together. At the same time though,I appreciate the challenge as I find Lego builds fairly simple. I can't even imagine putting a nano block set that big together!

Edit...did that giant ship only have like 10 steps to complete? It always cracks me up how much they cram into each step!

Nanoblocks are VERY zen-like in their build. The process can be a bit like putting together a puzzle in how finicky it can be. I prefer Nano over System because of how few blocks there are (they've started to introduce some newer blocks as of late, but not to the same degree as LEGO).

In terms of steps, the smaller boxes and packs are single sheet instructions, yeah. But bigger sets (such as the Unicorn ship I posted, and the Tokyo Skytree below) are big books like a standard large LEGO set. And really, due to the process, it takes a LOT longer to do a large Nanoblock set. I think the deluxe Neuschwanstein Castle took me a month to finally complete (Skytree took me about 3 weeks because the actual Skytree portion was a BITCH).

E: Pokemon not pictured that are currently available are Mewtwo and Charizard. I have them, but they're in my backlog, ha.

IMG_20140812_215059.jpg

IMG_20140812_215122.jpg

wetwired

HOLY

SHIT

YOU

GUYS

OK

SO

*deep breath*

*freaking out*

*deep breath*

And she rang it up.

For.

Two.

Dollars.

That's a hell of a steal, did they have any more stuff on clearance? or more of those sets?

About to pull the trigger on the Volkswagen van form the lego shop online. Are they pretty good at honoring what they say about it being expected to be in stock on September 5 2014...??

Ravek

Banned
HOLY

SHIT

YOU

GUYS

OK

SO

*deep breath*

*freaking out*

*deep breath*

And she rang it up.

For.

Two.

Dollars.

The jealousy I have right now is unreal. However, like others have stated, I'm glad you got it and not some reseller. Congrats!

That's a hell of a steal, did they have any more stuff on clearance? or more of those sets?
I asked the guy who checked if he saw any other Dino sets (before I knew it was clearance) and he said that was the only one. They've had it since 2012. O__O

Before they rang it they said it was $69.99, and shipping was $3.99. Then they rang it and came back on the phone, "There's actually been a price adjustment? It's $2."
"On... Oh, the shipping?"
"No, the set. It's.. on clearance for.. $2."
"Oh... Oh my god. Oh wow."

Still can't believe.

Edit: Oh, irony, talking about Nanoblocks now? I just built an Alpaca. I love the way they look but they are such a goddamn nightmare to build. "Here's 120+ teeny, tiny pieces, and here's 6 unclear steps on how to assemble them." Drives me insane!

I really love the Alpaca though. Has anyone ever tried to use Lego brick with Nanoblocks instructions? I can't tell if plates or bricks would work better cause nanobrick are kinda... they seem somewhere in between?

About to build the VW Camper for my new desk at work!

Edit 2: GODDAMN NO NUMBERED BAGS

Ryuuroden

I asked the guy who checked if he saw any other Dino sets (before I knew it was clearance) and he said that was the only one. They've had it since 2012. O__O

Before they rang it they said it was $69.99, and shipping was $3.99. Then they rang it and came back on the phone, "There's actually been a price adjustment? It's $2."
"On... Oh, the shipping?"
"No, the set. It's.. on clearance for.. $2."
"Oh... Oh my god. Oh wow."

Still can't believe.

Edit: Oh, irony, talking about Nanoblocks now? I just built an Alpaca. I love the way they look but they are such a goddamn nightmare to build. "Here's 120+ teeny, tiny pieces, and here's 6 unclear steps on how to assemble them." Drives me insane!

I really love the Alpaca though. Has anyone ever tried to use Lego brick with Nanoblocks instructions? I can't tell if plates or bricks would work better cause nanobrick are kinda... they seem somewhere in between?

About to build the VW Camper for my new desk at work!

Edit 2: GODDAMN NO NUMBERED BAGS

mwhwhahhahahhahhahhahahhah, get the tower bridge and really experience no numbered bag hell :p. actually wonder if Taj Mahal had no numbered bags.

Oh man, so I heard about the stolen goods from the Gleandale Lego store on here but decided to find an article and realized I was helped by that woman many times. So crazy to think she had a side hustle that got that huge.

neonglow

I see the SDCC Bard on the bottom of the packaging, but where is he in the scene?

Also for a set called Battle of the Five Armies, I would have expected something more EPIC.

Rootbeer

Banned
I still need a bard the bowman so probably will get that set with him in it.

Liking the witch king minifig.

wish I could make out the names on a few of those minifigs on the Battle of Five Armies set

Also on the $2 Dino score... the find of a lifetime. I know what would happen if I'd tried to do this:

them: "... it's only $2 sir."
me: nearly dies
them "... but sorry we can't ship our clearance items"

That is my luck. I promise you! (this would have to be a non b&n store though since now I know they will do that :p)

Rhaegar

My thoughts as to the rest of these Hobbit sets?

Meh.

Yeah, the sets are pretty uninspired. Will be interesting to see the price points though, as they all seem to have one or two more minifigs than I would guess with the brick counts. Hopefully they don't just jack it up $10 like the Star Wars sets.

ghostmind

79015 Witch-king Battle (Elrond, Galadriel, Witch King); $14.99
79016 Attack on Lake-town (Bard the Bowman, Bain, Tauriel, 2 Orcs); $29.99
79017 The Battle of Five Armies (Legolas, Bard the Bowman, Dain Ironfoot, Thorin Oakenshield, Azog, 2 Orcs, Eagle); $59.99
79018 The Lonely Mountain (Bilbo Baggins, Balin, Dwalin, Fili, Kili, Smaug); $129.99

Top Bottom