• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ravek

Banned
14732010527_d3074641d4_b.jpg

Flying back home this weekend to build a couple of these and other sets. CAN'T WAIT!

I ended up picking up Aquaman on Ice and Knowhere Escape Mission for the minifigs (and Groot), plus all three Fang Gang Mixels. I was planning on picking up the Frosticon Mixels, but they only had Lunk.

Looks like people really want the other two's parts.

Rootbeer

Banned
HAHA, I just saw that to.. AWD Lurkers Club. I think they still have the Ewok Village up though. Most of the Pharaohs Quest stuff from yesterday has sold. I'm still wondering how they keep putting some of those older sets up randomly when they don't take trade ins on Lego. Are they buying these sets from B&M liquidations or just finding these collecting dust in warehouses somewhere.

how much was the ewok village going for? it's not there now :( dang it!

i wish the price on that galactic enforcer would go down... it's above msrp right now.

You are right on the older sets... I really wonder about that too because it happens often enough that there's no way they just have it "laying around" unaccounted for... they have to be acquiring them somehow

Whoooo! My broadband is back after nine days. Finally! So, let's start with spamming pictures.

My main display is in the livingroom. There's a corner shelf, from top to bottom:

r0OAaIG.jpg

What's fast becoming my Neo Classic Space shelf. I took down the Kingdoms Joust to fit this. I'll make another Exo Suit and make the ground into something more like the old crater plates.

u2zAUCW.jpg

Council of Elrond and refuge for any spare LotR figures I don't know what to do with.

Urkf3sh.jpg

My inn courtyard for all my custom figures.

Ag3Xvt4.jpg

Helm's Deep, which along with the modular street houses everything that doesn't belong anywhere else. It started out with the regular Helm's defenders and 20-ish orcs, but then we just started adding to it.

27a9VHH.jpg

My first custom, which I'm probably gonna redesign one of those days. It's a good place to fit Thorin & Co at least.

Then on top of the game shelves to the right is Orthanc, handily fitting that empty area on a 40 cm low Billy shelf.
qin9DMH.jpg

To the right of Orthanc is a full length Billy and then another low one, where I keep the Imperial Flagship. Near this is a stack of boxes where the viking ship has semi-permanently been placed, but I think the Midgardswyrm is taking an interest in the pirate ship.
rCGMAtr.jpg

Along the top of all this, starting above Orthanc, is a shelf for the modular street.
D4uLwVS.jpg

Café Corner and Market Street

lFXT656.jpg

Green Grocer and Pet Shop

BKYqBU4.jpg

Fire Brigade and Gran... Trendy Arcade

1S1F9aJ.jpg

French Street with Ecto-1, Parisian Restaurant and place for one more modular (currently housing my dragon display)

N1YpqHD.jpg

Shelob is gently dangling from a spare lamp mount, waiting for any arachnophobiacs to terrify.

And in another room, Black Seas Barracuda is crowded by the Corsair ship that I'm slowly plundering for parts.
KMDSsiK.jpg

Aside from this, I usually have whatever I bought last near the computer, with a row of plates along the top of the monitor so I can line up figures there. Currently my (finished) collection of Star Wars figures I used to own as Kenner figures back in the day.

Such a great collection it deserves to be on the new page. Great work with the display. It makes mine look messy and Un organised.

neonglow

Rumored DC sets for next year:

76025 Green Lantern vs. Sinestro (confirmed at SDCC)
76026 Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas (villain of Flash)
76027 Black Manta Deep Sea Strike (villain of Aquaman)
76028 Darkseid Invasion (villain of everyone?)
76029 Brainiac Attack (villain of Superman)

Looking forward to more New 52 super heroes.

Ravek

Banned

I'm thinking we'll get the New 52 Wonder Woman and New 52 Superman with the Darkseid set.

Gorilla Grodd has to be a BigFig right?

Ponn

Banned
how much was the ewok village going for? it's not there now :( dang it!

i wish the price on that galactic enforcer would go down... it's above msrp right now.

You are right on the older sets... I really wonder about that too because it happens often enough that there's no way they just have it "laying around" unaccounted for... they have to be acquiring them somehow

You're right, its gone. Think it was $215 or so. Pet Shop is back up by way for $129.

O

M

G

see what you started Word Assassin

I haven't wished for set reveals to be so true as much as these. I really want a Black Manta but since I already have Aqua Man I don't need another. My hope is they include a different hero like Mera, which is unlikely or Aqualad (YJ version) which is probably even less likely, or at least make Aquaman a variant. That Gorilla Grodd set...hmmm....could be so great and i'm already imagining turning my Monkey Creator set into a mecha for him. Brainiac FINALLY holy crap if that isn't a buildable skullship I will scream. It makes so much sense and they could even do it in a cheaper $20 or $30 set. And then Darkseid

DARKSEID

It has to be a big set, it has to have a couple Parademons, would be nice to get another villain like Kalibak, Granny Goodness or Desaad. An Orion fig with buildable flight suit? I'm trying really hard to temper my excitement right now because this reads like a comic fanboys dream list.

Rootbeer

Banned
You're right, its gone. Think it was $215 or so. Pet Shop is back up by way for $129.

Just came here to post this... Well... i guess i'm gonna buy it since people say it's the best modular (well, not everyone... but lots of people)

this will be my second modular after the Parisian restaurant. Finally getting a city together!

is it the best possible discount? well, no... but i'll take it :) After tax i'm still paying MSRP so... sigh

Zerojul

Awesome stuff

Gorgeous collection, congrats !! Those modulars are especially good-looking to me, and I love your Council of Elrond. Good job :)

I realize I know next to nothing about DCU. I need to step up. Is New 52 a good place to start reading DC stuff or do you need strong knowledge of older stuff ?

Rootbeer

Banned
definitely start with new 52. you can cherry pick the best of the pre-new 52 stuff over time but even if you never touched the earlier stuff you've got more than enough good content generated since it launched, as well as going forward!

BTW... an update on my D&D Kre-O purchase... bought 20 blind bags for $1.49 each (yeah, cheaper than I thought before), i got the full set MINUS one -- the illusionist. he's one of the cooler ones, so I might go out of my way to buy him some other way. Or... maybe i'll get lucky and find him at another TRU later this week.

Sadly no doubles of two of my favorites from the series (the tiefling and the orc beastmaster) -- but at least I did get one of each. as for the doubles of the other characters? works for me... i'll find a use for them.

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks ! I'm waiting on Original Sin to end to catch up on Marvel so I might as well get started :)

Awesome. I'm just finishing that up too :)

Has anyone received a date confirmation for the Dark Side book? I have couple books coming from amazon on the 19th and i've had dates for them for weeks, but this one still has no date.

Yeah it SAYS aug 18th on the page there, but when you order it you don't get a delivery date

(and if you are into LEGO star wars you really should grab this, such a great price and you get a cool minifig which seems to have a new print? i'm not an expert though :p)

Rootbeer

Banned
I just finished the Aquaman on Ice set, and honestly, the main build isn't that bad.

At any rate, it's better than the Batwing from the Joker Steam Roller set.

I do like the aquaman set's vehicle more. It looks way better.

Still best to buy both for the minifigs :) So glad we have a Damian and Batgirl

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
The Lego Movie (Wave Three)

70817 Batman and Super Angry Kitty Attack
70818 Double-Decker Couch
70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Apparently.

70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Apparently.

There... has to be at least one more. Nothing else I was told was wrong, so unless there's another wave or it doesn't count as a Lego Movie set there's gotta be one more. Ah man I'm gonna be SO bummed if that set doesn't actually happen ;____;

I wonder if the car chase will have Bad Cop's car as a car, and the Wild West Pig Sled?

Edit: Also WTF Double-Decker couch, how can they make a whole set out of that? It was already part of the Sea Cow, why would they redo it?

Experien

There... has to be at least one more. Nothing else I was told was wrong, so unless there's another wave or it doesn't count as a Lego Movie set there's gotta be one more. Ah man I'm gonna be SO bummed if that set doesn't actually happen ;____;

I wonder if the car chase will have Bad Cop's car as a car, and the Wild West Pig Sled?

Edit: Also WTF Double-Decker couch, how can they make a whole set out of that? It was already part of the Sea Cow, why would they redo it?

Probably cause a lot of people want the DD Couch but don't want to fork out $200-some odd dollars for it. I would never want the the Sea Cow but I want the couch and I like getting LEGO. It is also for people who might buy one LEGO set cause they saw the movie. Total money maker.

Wizard Battle was a part of (also D2C exclusive) Orthanc and they made a set from that. I'm expecting that to go with Sad Kitty, Emmet (maybe a sad face) and maybe a piece of the sub interior.

The pig sled is something major that's missing, so I'd expect that. Since there's only three heroes there they could have them all, since Vitruvius kind of needs another spot.

Either way, I'm happy for a way to get at least two more Unikitties for a decent price, as well as Batman.

I'm expecting that Metalbeard's Duel with stick around until the end of the line. He's so big that it's hard to include him in anything. Then they can remove some of the double builds, add these three new sets, make a big exclusive (apartment or something) and a few more polybags, like, say Benny with a computer or a mini spaceship (or photocopier Metalbeard) to let a second round of kids gather the entire team.

Rootbeer

Banned
Wizard Battle was a part of (also D2C exclusive) Orthanc and they made a set from that. I'm expecting that to go with Sad Kitty, Emmet (maybe a sad face) and maybe a piece of the sub interior.

The pig sled is something major that's missing, so I'd expect that. Since there's only three heroes there they could have them all, since Vitruvius kind of needs another spot.

Either way, I'm happy for a way to get at least two more Unikitties for a decent price, as well as Batman.
Perfect example. We can expect to see LEGO do this more in the future, cherry picking some of the best iconic scenes or objects from their larger sets and put them into smaller sets. They may not do it too often but now that we've seen them do it twice (probably more than that, I'm sure -- but these are two newer cases) it's something to look out for. Next time you see a set in the $200+ range you can start to imagine how they might break a piece off into a smaller set if it would be popular or serve as a gateway into the theme.

We also should not discount that this could be a variant build... what if it's a version from Emmet's head made of all clear bricks?

I am sure of one thing though... I am sick of batman. the current looking batman, that is :) he's just such a boring minifigure to get in a set right now. Though I'm really excited about the new headpiece coming next year...

Looking forward to getting it in black.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator

I imagine there's more. A three-set wave is weird.

Good shout on the Western chase actually, i'd love to see that. No skimping on the pigs though!

neonglow

70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Apparently.

Feels liks a rehash. I hope the car chase happens in Emmet's city and comes with that cool helicopter that was chasing the Super Cycle.

I imagine there's more. A three-set wave is weird.

Good shout on the Western chase actually, i'd love to see that. No skimping on the pigs though!

The second wave was only three sets. This one, from what I was told, is only 3 sets as well. That's why I'm so confused about the lack of the set I know about, unless they're calling it something different (which, knowing what it's supposed to be, would make NO sense).

Ponn

Banned
Heads up, not sure how long it will last or if this is the second production run or what the hell is going on but Amazon has the Exo Suit for MSRP up for order with in stock date of the 18th.

So much goodness. Is there a Batman in each set? They should rename the DC Super Hero theme to DC Batman and others theme.

Darkseid and I imagine we'll get a Thanos from Marvel someday. Darkseid $120 set with missing Justice League members and then some please! Parademon battle pack too please.

Hmmm...Aquaman again so soon. I need to unload my duplicate Aquamen then if I can get a decent price. Last thing I need is a bunch of Aquamen to go with my 20 Batmen (at least they aren't all the same print). Maybe they'll do an Aquaman variant.

from the looks of it alot of the next wave may primarily be figure based sets.

Makes me miss the old boxes lego use to release of a bunch of minifigures and accessories from a specific theme in a single box for a good price. Alot of their product draw nowadays is the figures so I doubt they'll ever do that again :(

Ravek

Banned
from the looks of it alot of the next wave may primarily be figure based sets.

Makes me miss the old boxes lego use to release of a bunch of minifigures and accessories from a specific theme in a single box for a good price. Alot of their product draw nowadays is the figures so I doubt they'll ever do that again :(

The Star Wars Battle Pack are kinda like that...kinda.

I know exactly what you mean though. It'd be nice to get six or seven Galaxy Squad figs with random accessories for less than $20.

The Star Wars Battle Pack are kinda like that...kinda.

I know exactly what you mean though. It'd be nice to get six or seven Galaxy Squad figs with random accessories for less than $20.

Yeah, I like the SW battle packs alot, but all of them are more army building based than giving a set of good figures. Would be great to have ones for other themes (LotR/Hobbit would've greatly benefited from this).

Ponn

Banned
Welp, Exo Suit preorder for 18th already sold out/gone on Amazon. Luckily they got my Trevi Fountain return yesterday and thats the credit I used to order one so yayyy I will have one.

I'm also noticing Haunted House is no longer available from Amazon and is going for quite a bit from third parties. May just be getting a restock but might not be worth dragging feet if you really want it.

Oh god I want them all. Welp.

Need to get my finances in order so I can be dumb with money temporarily.

That eventual Thanos minifig better be glorious.

And I so missed out on that Amazon thing...hopefully I can get that set soon. To be honest, if I could get the minifigs, I would be content that way because I have a feeling I'll put the Exo Suit together, hate how tedious the build was and never do it again. I have that problem a lot with recent sets.

Alright. I plan on cashing my birthday checks tomorrow and go on a well earned LEGO spree. The only thing I wonder is this:

Get a bunch of common sets, or one big set?

I am thinking either SPACESHIP! + Milano + Super Secret Police Drop Ship

or

UCS Tumbler on Monday and having some money left over.

My brain is going for the multiple set route, as it is more love to spread around. But damn, is that Tumbler tempting.

Ponn

Banned
Alright. I plan on cashing my birthday checks tomorrow and go on a well earned LEGO spree. The only thing I wonder is this:

or

My brain is going for the multiple set route, as it is more love to spread around. But damn, is that Tumbler tempting.

Multiple sets is my vote.

So how did Jang get all the series 3 mixels? And oh yea, Jang put up a review for all 3 series 3 mixel tribes. Best wave yet, that wizard tribe, sooo good. PURPLE.

Crap. Series 3 Mixels are soon? Those little bastards have given me the most joy of any sets this year. Just so much fun and personality, and series 3 is looking to be the most unique bunch so far.

ghostmind

or

Multiple sets for sure. That's a pretty awesome trio that you already have planned.

Those series 3 Mixels look sweet! Going to hunt them down next week.

Would it hurt LEGO to include at least 2 Nova Corp minifigs? Make it 3 and charge $25. I feel the same way about the $20 Capt America set with 1 Hydra agent. Those are army builder minifigs and they toss in 1!!!

I've thought of this too but the good thing about army building with this particular set, is that you get a Nova Corps guy AND a Sakarnaranannanana guy too, as well as their ships. So you're really army building the both of them and constructing a fleet for each at the same time. Only problem is you'll end up with a ton of Star-Lords.

But I totally agree about the Hydra agent, that is some top shelf BS. I don't want a ton of Caps and Red Skulls, no matter how good I am with a fleet of tanks. I want the Hydra guy. WHO IS ONLY IN THAT SET.

WTF.

Top Bottom