• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

R-User!

I'm not really feeling picking up the Tumbler right away either anymore. It sounds like you get to use a ton of different techniques, but the monochrome nature of the set, as well as the use of stickers instead of the expected prints has cooled my interest somewhat.

I'm also more interested in picking up the Series 3 Mixels.

I'm not getting the Tumbler for the simple fact that I hated that Batmobile design. Give me something from the older movies instead, never liked that ugly tank design.

You guys don't wanna get you won'na those? It does come in black you know?

I, on the other hand will be picking it up on Monday and hopefully will be able to share with you my thoughts on it by the end of that day; but realistically, I'll most likely post pics by that Friday the 22nd if I'm lucky...we'll see! :) I can't wait to see how it comes together... I'll probably drive it off a ramp and into another LEGO set to see how it holds up!!!

Risible

I know this is a long shot but I have to ask. My daughter is 10 and a budding science nerd. I had no idea that the Research Institute was limited :(. I bought the Exo Suit thinking I would get the Research Institute later...bad move.

I can't even remotely justify the eBay prices. If any kind GAF soul is hoarding a few and would either trade me one for the Exo Suit or would sell it at a reasonable price PM me and we can maybe work something out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

It's been going in and out since friday. Stays up for like 10 - 20 min at a time and was a preorder shipping monday but last time it was up had a date of the 23rd. Basically just keep checking that Amazon page if you really want an Exo Suit and nab it as soon as you see it.

I have 2 so I'm good and I'll get more if they make another production run.

I was just pointing out that it's a 3rd party seller which I believe is a LEGO speculator since I doubt LEGO would ship them such an exclusive set to sell. That seller somehow obtained at least 12 sets (probably multiple trips and/or multiple people buying for that seller). This is pure "speculation" on my part of course.

How much did it come out to with shipping? Do they have a storefront or do you have to contact them through their Facebook page?

Yeah, maybe the build wouldn't be so bad if you could paint or dye the rarer parts.

http://youtu.be/5j9tsrk0-K0

Do you know which tires it uses?

With shipping HK$560 (that's to the UK and wokrs out at £43). I just emailed them using the address on their page. MIght be quicker to use FB but I don't have an account.

I don't know which tires for certain but once I get the book I will. I have a feeling it uses old ones though.

yeah I was thinking I could find a similar replacement, got any recommendations for heads to use?

The only issue is you won't find any bushy brows that are close to the SDCC version. I think these would work ok.

Truck driver is the cheapest way to get this one and eyebrows are a little like Shazams eyebrows:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3626cpb704&in=M
3626cpb704.jpg

I think Superman heads would work well too.

Lex Luthor head is a meaner looking face, but it's also a cheap minifig to obtain.

Otherwise, any generic flesh colored head would be better than the awful quality printed clone one.

EDIT: If you have any of the Sith troopers, those would be good too since you could switch that head out and put any head in since the helmet cover it anyway. It's the same as the Bruce Wayne Batcave minifig and the truck driver minifig above.

Rootbeer

Banned
I do not know how long this has been available, but it may interest someone other than me.

I am trying to catch up on some older SW sets, but only if I can find them around MSRP. Thankfully I have been able to locale some for even below that.

I found 9525 Pre Vizla's Mandalorian Starfighter on walmart.com for $34.99 -- sadly, sold out online BUT you can do an in store pick-up. I found 3 stores near me that have it in stock with 2 more that should have it "by 8/22", so I am going to snatch one today.

It's normally a 49.99 set and is a walmart exclusive. Sells for over $60 elsewhere online. The exclusive Pre Vizsla minifig with darksaber is pretty sweet and on par with the 2012 Boba Fett imo.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Pre-Vizsla-s-Mandalorian-Fighter-Play-Set/21095607

I was hoping walmart might have a good deal on the starhopper but surprisingly they are charging MORE for it than what S@H is charging. I may wait that one out a bit.

Nitemare1

That moment when you're a 40 year old man standing in the toy isle at Walmart feeling Simpsons minifig bags for Lisa's saxophone .

I regret nothing!

Rootbeer

Banned
Worth it!

I have 3x of each of the Simpsons (I think I have 5 barts and homers though), finding Lisa #3 was the last one I needed :p

I absolutely love the series and it will be a crying shame if they don't make more of them so we can have more characters to populate our Springfield MOCs.

I'm not really feeling picking up the Tumbler right away either anymore. It sounds like you get to use a ton of different techniques, but the monochrome nature of the set, as well as the use of stickers instead of the expected prints has cooled my interest somewhat.

I'm also more interested in picking up the Series 3 Mixels.

yeahhh.... soon you'll go a step further even and come to HATE the Tumbler just like me >:mad:))

seriously though, i feel that oftentimes since sets are being announced so much in advance, i tend to lose hype a lot quicker after a while and turn my attention to newer stuff being announced instead lol...

Rootbeer

Banned
yeahhh.... soon you'll go a step further even and come to HATE the Tumbler just like me >:mad:))

seriously though, i feel that oftentimes since sets are being announced so much in advance, i tend to lose hype a lot quicker after a while and turn my attention to newer stuff being announced instead lol...
Should they be like apple and release them a week after the announcement? :)

I'd like that.

Broken down the 2 versions of UCS X-Wing and now moving onto the Imperial Shuttle but was tidying this little fellow away and decided to snap a pic. Apologies for the crowded background.

The stand if from the UCS Jedi Starfighter with a slight modification so the ship can be at an angle.

Kyari

And that's the story of how I bought a second exo suit with zero regrets.

Research institute totally sold out at my local lego store, but a whole ton of exo suits still readily available for purchase. I'm tempted to keep my RI set unopened now.

It's a really cool set with a great introduction to Technic vehicles with good PF. My only complaint is that the default build moves slow as shit. You can mod it to go faster I think, but also - you can use the parts to build a nice little vehicle with more *umph*.

I enjoyed it. It was the first technic set I had built since I was 12? so about 20 years. I got the LE version of it. If has gotten me re-interested in the line and because of it I want that transport plane that came out this year.

Thanks guys. I know i originally wanted the blue one but I couldn't get it at the time.

I don't think I'll be picking up the Tumbler tomorrow as there doesn't seem to be a special polybag with it. I'll pick it up on double or triple vip month.

Would anyone like to guess how long it will stick around for?

chimster

I don't think I'll be picking up the Tumbler tomorrow as there doesn't seem to be a special polybag with it. I'll pick it up on double or triple vip month.

Would anyone like to guess how long it will stick around for?

I'm guessing it would be at the very least 1 year. I'll save the purchase for September to get the spaceman

neonglow

Here's some future LEGO Shop promotions for US people.

September: Classic Spaceman Minifigure with $99 purchase
October: Double VIP point
November: Winter Skating Scene with $99 purchase

Broken down the 2 versions of UCS X-Wing and now moving onto the Imperial Shuttle but was tidying this little fellow away and decided to snap a pic. Apologies for the crowded background.

The stand if from the UCS Jedi Starfighter with a slight modification so the ship can be at an angle.

Is there anyway you can piece out the stand for me with the instructions? I need to find a decent stand display for ships.

Eklipsis

Wasn't the classic spaceman at a way cheaper threshold for euro-lego peeps?!!

ghostmind

Hmmm, no word in 3x VIP for Brick Friday...

Winter Skating Scene sounds like a nice addition to the Holiday promo sets.

Tumbler ordered! :)

Any Aussies know how long it takes to ship stuff from the Lego Store?

Anywhere between 1-2 weeks after it's ships. Closer to 2 at times. Normally ships within days.

Edit: I'm in Hobart, so depends where you are. I have to wait for it to ship again from NSW.

wetwired

Another Batcave update
WIP5.jpg

Busted out the soldering iron and put in most of the lighting I want, only one missing is the large one behind where waterfall on the right (behind the bat adn tumbler, bit hard to see the hole in this photo)

I added the hanging light above the main platform as well as the basic outline of the floor and water, though I'm not sold on using the light blue for the edge, what do you guys think? I was wondering if all dark blue would look better?

The platform The Bat is on is large now and moved back making it easier to see the tumbler and where the waterfall will be. I'll probably do the waterfall next I think.

I do not know how long this has been available, but it may interest someone other than me.

I am trying to catch up on some older SW sets, but only if I can find them around MSRP. Thankfully I have been able to locale some for even below that.

I found 9525 Pre Vizla's Mandalorian Starfighter on walmart.com for $34.99 -- sadly, sold out online BUT you can do an in store pick-up. I found 3 stores near me that have it in stock with 2 more that should have it "by 8/22", so I am going to snatch one today.

It's normally a 49.99 set and is a walmart exclusive. Sells for over $60 elsewhere online. The exclusive Pre Vizsla minifig with darksaber is pretty sweet and on par with the 2012 Boba Fett imo.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Pre-Vizsla-s-Mandalorian-Fighter-Play-Set/21095607

I was hoping walmart might have a good deal on the starhopper but surprisingly they are charging MORE for it than what S@H is charging. I may wait that one out a bit.

I have a sealed one that I would be willing to sell you. I believe you're local to me. I work in downtown SF and live in the Montclair area of Oakland. I'll send you a PM.

Anyone have an extra William Shakespeare Lego movie cmf to sell/trade?

Sent you a PM. I believe I have a loose one laying around.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have a sealed one that I would be willing to sell you. I believe you're local to me. I work in downtown SF and live in the Montclair area of Oakland. I'll send you a PM.

Sent you a PM. I believe I have a loose one laying around.
Thanks but sorry already went and bought it yesterday! Cool of you to offer though, really appreciate it.

Thanks but sorry already went and bought it yesterday! Cool of you to offer though, really appreciate it.

No problem. Congrats on being able to get one at that price. If you're looking for other sets, feel free to pm me a list. I may have it. I need to sell quite a few things since I recently picked up an eFX Ralph McQuarrie Vader helmet.

Rootbeer

Banned
Eww how come the graphics for the Tumbler are all squished on shop.lego.com?

I hope it does not sell out before Sept 1st. I... might cave and get it... still deciding :( There are a lot of other sets that have my contention. I do agree with some of you on the 2x or 3x VIP point waiting game.

Also regarding reviews of the Tumbler... I'm amazed at how many review copies of these sets LEGO sends out anymore. Honestly do they REALLY need the advertising that much? There sure are a lot of blogs and youtube channels getting this set early.

No problem. Congrats on being able to get one at that price. If you're looking for other sets, feel free to pm me a list. I may have it. I need to sell quite a few things since I recently picked up an eFX Ralph McQuarrie Vader helmet.
Okay done!

Eww how come the graphics for the Tumbler are all squished on shop.lego.com?

I hope it does not sell out before Sept 1st. I... might cave and get it... still deciding :( There are a lot of other sets that have my contention. I do agree with some of you on the 2x or 3x VIP point waiting game.

Also regarding reviews of the Tumbler... I'm amazed at how many review copies of these sets LEGO sends out anymore. Honestly do they REALLY need the advertising that much? There sure are a lot of blogs and youtube channels getting this set early.

I highly doubt they'll sell out of the Tumbler before the 1st. I'm trying to decide whether to wait until the 1st to get it so I can get the two polybag promos or wait for 2x or 3x VIP points.

I added the hanging light above the main platform as well as the basic outline of the floor and water, though I'm not sold on using the light blue for the edge, what do you guys think? I was wondering if all dark blue would look better?

Maybe do it like this guy did (who I found on google images)? Scatter and mix up some transparent blue and light blue pieces so its a little more blended?

EVM8poS.jpg

Is there anyway you can piece out the stand for me with the instructions? I need to find a decent stand display for ships.

Best thing you can do is download the UCS Jedi Starfighter instructions here and you can see the parts needed or look in the parts list. If the link keeps failing just try again, it took me 3 times just now.

All I added on the top was a simple device like this;

ejKtdUZ.png

I would otherwise be happy to show you mine but it is now packed away and will not be unpacked for at least anohter month now as I am moving.

Best thing you can do is download the UCS Jedi Starfighter instructions here and you can see the parts needed or look in the parts list. If the link keeps failing just try again, it took me 3 times just now.

All I added on the top was a simple device like this;

ejKtdUZ.png

I would otherwise be happy to show you mine but it is now packed away and will not be unpacked for at least anohter month now as I am moving.

Thanks for the link, I'm going through it now to see what I need to get versus what I already have.

Top Bottom