• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I had to do a little customizing with the Exosuit's robo-turtles.

GrKunJm.jpg

(I only bought two Exosuits--I Bricklinked the parts for the other two)

I have a Batman Vehicle question.

So I just built the "Arctic Batman VS Mr. Freeze: Aquaman on Ice" set (jeeeeepers never looked at the name before what a mouthful) and I initially thought the vehicle was like a BatBoat or even a BatSub but it... doesn't really seem to be either? Does anyone know what the heck vehicle it's supposed to be? My dad suggested it's one of those crazy ice racing ships just without the sail?

Edit: Lego's site says it's the Batboat. Huh.

So currently we have The Bat, Batmobile, BatCopter, BatBoat, BatJet, and a "scuba vehicle" yeah? Anything missing?

For a minute there I thought that was the full sized camper van

Hahahaha me too!!

Anybody (Star Wars fans) that can tell me about LEGO Star Wars Jek-14 Stealth Starfighter? Is it a good build? Or is really just the figures that make it?

ghostmind

Anybody (Star Wars fans) that can tell me about LEGO Star Wars Jek-14 Stealth Starfighter? Is it a good build? Or is really just the figures that make it?

It looks a lot like an E-Wing starfighter, but I don't find the minifigs (such as the Blueberry Trooper) to be that great.

IMO, 75051 Jedi Scout Fighter is a superior set, with a great-looking unique starship, and two minifigs that could be easily inserted into OT scenes.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Finished the Tumbler. Probably the best set I've built in years. So many fun parts of the build, not the least of which are THEM WHEELS!

It's a rather boring and repetitive build. Has some nice colors but it's a rather unremarkable ship. Has some cool minifigures though.

That is three massive, exclusive Batman sets now. UCS Batmobile, Arkham Asylum, and now The Tumbler. Where are my huge exclusive Marvel sets? I want an UCS Blackbird.

Ponn

Banned
That is three massive, exclusive Batman sets now. UCS Batmobile, Arkham Asylum, and now The Tumbler. Where are my huge exclusive Marvel sets? I want an UCS Blackbird.

20k piece UCS Helicarrier that the Quinjet can sit on. Lego starts offering financing options.

ghostmind

It all comes down to the contracts with WB/DC and Disney/Marvel, and what they can and cannot do versus their respective contracts with other toy manufacturers.

So far it feels like WB/DC are more invested in their LEGO relationship, but things can change.

Ravek

Banned
It all comes down to the contracts with WB/DC and Disney/Marvel, and what they can and cannot do versus their respective contracts with other toy manufacturers.

So far it feels like WB/DC are more invested in their LEGO relationship, but things can change.

Well WB owns DC so it makes sense.

I just recently got back into LEGO through the Ghostbusters set so please forgive my ignorance, when something is out of stock on the LEGO store and has an expected ship date does that mean it will be back in stock on that date?

WhuyFhal.jpg

The original run of the set featured an unfortunate typo on the box.
Oh snaaaaap :O

Leog Caprcom presents Artic Batmn

I second the call for some legit Marvel sets. DC has Batcave, Arkham, and the aforementioned UCS Batmobile and Tumbler. LOTR has that giant tower. And we all know Star Wars has PLENTY of giant sets. Even friggin' Chima and Ninjago get huge $100+ sets. It's time for some real Marvel sets. Avengers Tower, Triskelion, I know Marvel and Fox are on the outs but Danger Room would be badass. UCS Quinjet, Milano.

Come onnnnnnn.

Zerojul

And, I, too would like a UCS Milano. After watching the movie this past weekend, we need an even bigger verison with alternate color schemes.

Thirded. Or we could get an UCS Rocket Warbird, giving us a chance to get the alternate outfit RR we deserve :)

kapowza

finished the new 10242 Mini Cooper last night, was an enjoyable build, I particularly liked the use of minifigure ice skates for door handles. Whoever was saying it looks more like a 'normal' model then a brick built one was right, becuase it is a wee bit shiny from afar you can't really see the gaps.

I've nowhere to put it :(

It wouldn't be UCS level, but I want a Fantasticar set. Just the car and the entire Fantastic Four. Include a Thing bigfig, and maybe a FLAME ON! version of Human Torch.

Heck, they could do a variation of Hulk Lab Smash and just make it Four Freedoms Plaza. Thing busting down things trying to get to Human Torch for pranking him.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy at the weekend- so good, absolutely loved it! Had an instant urge to buy all the Lego sets but not really sold on the massive Groot figure.

Is the Milano worth buying?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Definitely seems to be the only worthwhile one to get- i'd be only interested in Knowhere for the figs. Annoyed they didn't make Groot a big fig like Hulk though. Even a fig like Woody with bigger legs would've been better imo

toy003.jpg

Ainaurdur

Or since GOTG is so big now, an UCS Milano or Dark Aster.

Now that I have seen GotG twice, yes, I want to eventually get the Milano. But I have to wonder, why didn't they give us a Dark Aster set?

I would love to have it, but then pulling off the way the bulky wings twist would probably be difficult to pull off practically.

R-User!

Into bag 4...
gIPDj81l.jpg

Really enjoying the build a lot. Lots of SNOT and all-around diverse use of technic and brick-built "mini builds"... :D

On with the build...

Edit I'm going to take a comparison pic of the Quinjet and the Bat vs Bane Tumbler vs The UCS Tumbler just for craps and giggles.

Fowler

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed with the Guardians of the Galaxy minifigs. Rocket is too big, Groot is WAY too big, and Drax is too small.

Some sort of moulded torso (a bit like Chewbacca's) would have been good for Drax, IMO. Just needs to look a big more... substantial... than the others.

Rootbeer

Banned
Series 3 mixels has hit TRU. Got an almost full set... Sadly missing one of the green ones.

Yesterday they were not put out. Someone was faster than me, drat!

mojiimbo

Definitely seems to be the only worthwhile one to get- i'd be only interested in Knowhere for the figs. Annoyed they didn't make Groot a big fig like Hulk though. Even a fig like Woody with bigger legs would've been better imo

toy003.jpg
Their hands are kind of tied since they need to have Rocket up on his shoulder.

Top Bottom