• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Another Batcave update
WIP5.jpg

Busted out the soldering iron and put in most of the lighting I want, only one missing is the large one behind where waterfall on the right (behind the bat adn tumbler, bit hard to see the hole in this photo)

I added the hanging light above the main platform as well as the basic outline of the floor and water, though I'm not sold on using the light blue for the edge, what do you guys think? I was wondering if all dark blue would look better?

The platform The Bat is on is large now and moved back making it easier to see the tumbler and where the waterfall will be. I'll probably do the waterfall next I think.

Not to question your incredible work, but that Tumbler seems a little...small to me? Is that just a black version of the one from the Bat VS Bane set, or did you make it yourself? It's been a while since seeing the movies but I feel like the Tumbler was at least a little bigger in comparison to the Bat? Or even in scale to Batman?

But otherwise it looks just insanely good. Super impressive work man!!

wetwired

Not to question your incredible work, but that Tumbler seems a little...small to me? Is that just a black version of the one from the Bat VS Bane set, or did you make it yourself? It's been a while since seeing the movies but I feel like the Tumbler was at least a little bigger in comparison to the Bat? Or even in scale to Batman?

But otherwise it looks just insanely good. Super impressive work man!!

It's likely just the angle and how far away it is, here they are together

10741043636_0b38de5880_b.jpg
[/url]The Bat by Brent Waller, on Flickr[/IMG]

ericb!

Neo Member
I added the hanging light above the main platform as well as the basic outline of the floor and water, though I'm not sold on using the light blue for the edge, what do you guys think? I was wondering if all dark blue would look better?

How about black water?

Not to get off topic, but i watched BB this past weekend for the first time in years and aside from the first 25 minutes, I love the movie.
First half of the movie is the best part. I love the whole thing, but once he gets in costume the movie does take a slight step back. It's all about the training with Ra's for me.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Finished first two bags of the Tumbler. Getting some UCS Falcon vibes from assembling the superstructure of the model.

...I really want to put the wheels on ASAP....

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Finished first two bags of the Tumbler. Getting some UCS Falcon vibes from assembling the superstructure of the model.

...I really want to put the wheels on ASAP....

Holy moly! How did you get it so early?

I envy you! Definitely will watch the Trilogy while building.

Another manager where I work went and grabbed The Tumbler while on his lunch break. He said seeing the display model in the store was insane. I asked if he grabbed me one as a going away present, but he rolled his eyes. It was worth a shot.

leng jai

So my shop@home AU Tumbler order just shipped and I only just ordered it yesterday. Past few things I've ordered there took almost a week to actually dispatch. They must be getting their act together.

Rootbeer

Banned
So my shop@home AU Tumbler order just shipped and I only just ordered it yesterday. Past few things I've ordered there took almost a week to actually dispatch. They must be getting their act together.

the order i made on aug 1st shipped next business day. I hope it's a sign that they are improving their process too.

leng jai

the order i made on aug 1st shipped next business day. I hope it's a sign that they are improving their process too.

I'm not entirely sure if they actually took long to ship before or if it was their notification system that was delayed. I recall some of the tracking starting before I received my dispatch email. It says delivery is up to 13 days now but I seem remember it being 2-3 previously.

Rootbeer

Banned
2-3 is rather fast... maybe you live closer to their warehouses though.

got my exo suits in 5 business days last time... i think that is pretty nice for a free shipping option.

WordAssassin: When does that Dino set arrive? Let us know how that goes (like is it complete etc. I mean, at $2 you gotta wonder)

leng jai

2-3 is rather fast... maybe you live closer to their warehouses though.

got my exo suits in 5 business days last time... i think that is pretty nice for a free shipping option.

WordAssassin: When does that Dino set arrive? Let us know how that goes (like is it complete etc. I mean, at $2 you gotta wonder)

I actually meant to say 2-3 weeks (I'm in Australia)

Fumoffu

Neo Member
For those who have the Tumbler, how big is the Lego box?

Having mine sent to the office and wondering how I'll lug it around on my commute home, also I prefer not to get any attention :p

Zerojul

For those who have the Tumbler, how big is the Lego box?

Having mine sent to the office and wondering how I'll lug it around on my commute home, also I prefer not to get any attention :p
Same size as Arkham. If you prefer, same size as Death Star or SSD, only thinner. That's a huge box.

iuuk

You mean the Research Institute? Apparently, it really is done for.
Oh, no, I meant the exo-suit, since it doesn't even show up for me anymore. I get
Product Not Available
We’re sorry. The product you have selected is not available from the Official LEGO® Shop at this time. Please browse our current selection.
when clicking on old links, and it doesn't show up in the ideas section anymore.
Usually sets that go from sold out to not having a link anymore are just gone, but there have been so many rumours about the exo-suit that I wondered if someone over here knows what's going on now.

Chris R

Are there any big upcoming sets that people know about? Talking 1.5k+ pieces. Really sad I didn't jump on the SSD when I see it's price on Amazon now :(

Good question! Hopefully soon. I asked them how long they expected it to take (shipping from KY to CA) and they misunderstood the question and told me it would ship out the next morning. So.. hopefully any day now? I'm out of town at the moment so coming home to that would be really incredible.

Apparently the box is completely intact and everything, it wasn't marked as $2, but as $69.99 on the shelf. They just somehow missed it when marking clearance stuff for the past two years and didn't realize the discount until they scanned it to ring it up for me. So yeah I really hope it's 100% and some little shit didn't rip off the Rex. D:

Rootbeer

Banned
keep us updated wordassassin!

All this talk about Slave I... i really hope it's soon :( It and the UCS Falcon would be my most desired ships, hands down.

Maybe a new UCS Falcon "Episode VII version" is in our futures?

And RE: that con exclusive... definitely trying to win it. Good luck guys.

Just bought the winter village cottage 10229 for £102 which is only about £5 than its gone for on eBay all year. So I'm pretty happy with that. So 2 down and 3 of the Christmas sets to go.

I was also going to start collecting the lone ranger sets but I had be a bit more realistic with my spending at the moment. Can't collect them all I suppose.

Eklipsis

Just bought the winter village cottage 10229 for £102 which is only about £5 than its gone for on eBay all year. So I'm pretty happy with that. So 2 down and 3 of the Christmas sets to go.

I was also going to start collecting the lone ranger sets but I had be a bit more realistic with my spending at the moment. Can't collect them all I suppose.

I'd like the lone ranger train set!

Have they ever done a western theme during my dark ages that I don't know about or is lone ranger the closest?

Just buy Silver Mine Shootout and Constitution Train Chase and call it a day.

wetwired

How about black water?

No black left unfortunately. It's all used up

Any electrical wizzes here?

I am lighting the cave with led strips connected to mains power. I soldered them all myself and they were all working fine. I left them in for an hour or so and eventually started flickering on and off. I can't figure out why

Top Bottom