• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

All of a sudden i'm interested in some upcoming sets. Do they sell an Empire State building set?

As with most Architecture sets, pricey for what you get. I like almost all the architecture sets, but I'm not willing to pay those prices.

I know it's expensive for such a tiny set, but I really do like the Empire State Building. It's the only Architecture set I own but it's made me pine for Farnsworth & Robie.

On a related note - my local shop also has like four different version of the Sears tower. Is there a reason it was released under so many different names?

Mountain hut will be mine. I quite like it. The tiny animals are pretty cute.... maybe I'll buy a couple.

I discovered my personal price threshold for "How cheap does it have to be before I buy a set for only the figures?" Got the dark knight rises set for 22 dollars on amazon warehouse deals. Wonder what abomination I'll frankenstein out of the crappy bat and tumblr...

I just got an email about some sort of VIP event at my local LEGO store next Saturday at 8:30.

Apparently you need to bring photo ID? Sounds strange....has anybody had experience with these things?

75034.jpg

75035.jpg

75036.jpg

75037.jpg

75038.jpg

75039.jpg

75040.jpg

75041.jpg

75042.jpg

75043.jpg

75045.jpg

Not really feeling anything from these. A lot of money saved. Although a few Death Star Trooper packs would be cool to amass an army.

neonglow

I just got an email about some sort of VIP event at my local LEGO store next Saturday at 8:30.

Apparently you need to bring photo ID? Sounds strange....has anybody had experience with these things?

You must spend a lot at your local LEGO store. At the VIP event, you will get a free holiday pick a brick box. You'll also be able to get the 2nd holiday set at the event with a $99 purchase instead of waiting for Brick Friday like the rest of us. You might also get a mystery coupon card that's either a percentage off or like $10 off $100 or something like that.

I think you're also allowed to bring an additional guest to the event too so you can double up on the giveaways.

Quoting myself here.

Just spoke to the manager. Apparently the stores are inviting 30-40 people per store, and the recipients will have access to all of the Black Friday on the 23rd, including the 2nd Holiday promotional set.

I'm excited now!

Most of the snowy base for the gingerbread house done. Will put some decoration on the ground, and the exposed colors on the sides will be covered by more plates to come.

Also, the house rotates fine, so I can set it at any angle and also show off the interior without having to pick it up.

ghostmind

As a LEGO Star Wars collector, I will be picking up all the sets. However, I do think this wave is rather weak, and I have higher hopes for the UCS/exclusives and the 2H wave.

Got my winter catalog today. I noticed they say something about exclusive VIP offers online on the 23rd. So is it the same as the ones that only specific members got the invite for?

And I cannot remember if last year had the same deals early for VIP as they did no Black Friday (the 10% off total, etc).

Jimbro72

As a LEGO Star Wars collector, I will be picking up all the sets. However, I do think this wave is rather weak, and I have higher hopes for the UCS/exclusives and the 2H wave.

My thoughts exactly. There are a few there I'm looking forward to but the rest will be bought mainly to try to keep the SW collection nearly complete. I also will not be in any rush to buy these and waiting for 25-30% off discounts for many of them.

Ryuuroden

Quoting myself here.

Just spoke to the manager. Apparently the stores are inviting 30-40 people per store, and the recipients will have access to all of the Black Friday on the 23rd, including the 2nd Holiday promotional set.

I'm excited now!

Why didn't I get an invite :( My store knows me by name (every single employee)

/me goes off to cry in a corner......

sharbhund

You must spend a lot at your local LEGO store. At the VIP event, you will get a free holiday pick a brick box. You'll also be able to get the 2nd holiday set at the event with a $99 purchase instead of waiting for Brick Friday like the rest of us. You might also get a mystery coupon card that's either a percentage off or like $10 off $100 or something like that.

I think you're also allowed to bring an additional guest to the event too so you can double up on the giveaways.

In the past, you would be given a peel off card at the register, which gave you either a 10, 20, or 50% discount off the entire transaction. When I asked an employee at my store last week, she said that she didn't think they weren't going to be giving out the discount cards this year for Black Friday. She thought they might have additional give-a-ways though, because otherwise there would be a lot of upset customers.

ghostmind

I'm not liking the new blasters. Thankfully I have lots of spares.

Ditto. I'm sure the new shooting feature is fun, but don't force it as the standard. Now everyone has the same gun, which does not look "Star Wars" in the least. I've also gots lots of spares, but I may do a 3rd party order for some better weapons.

Ponn

Banned
Yes, definitely. It is the best TMNT set.

Really? Wasnt expecting that. Turtle lair is 39.99 on amazon so ive just been biding my time on that but im looking at sets for brickfriday that i cant get elsewhere but lego shop.

Also ive been on a hyped Pacific Rim kick since watching it and want to collect current mech sets to go wuth my Lex Power Armor. Yes...*sigh* that includes the Eradicator mech. That is it though for Galaxy Squad, just that one to feed ny current mech fetish.

Just saw your reply.

I don't think I've spent a ton at the local shop...I'd be surprised (and embarrassed) to find I was in the top 30 spenders. I probably spent...maybe $2,500 there this year?

Ok. That actually seems like a lot now that I've written it out.

Vyer

So how much LEGO Store VIP credit do you guys currently have? Took my son yesterday and it looks like I'm at $60 right now.

I had $45, and planned on saving it for Black Friday. But instead dumped it all on PAB cups last week. Now down to $0. That shall change soon, but not by much. Next year is when it will spike again.

neonglow

So how much LEGO Store VIP credit do you guys currently have? Took my son yesterday and it looks like I'm at $60 right now.

I have $35 right now. I'm waiting for the Brick Friday sale to get Winter Village Market. It's rumored to be 10% off a purchase of $150 or so. I think I read that somewhere but can't remember where.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

I am sitting at $90 right now and I have probably $30 in unopened minifigs to take back. Whenever I actually make it back to a LEGO store. I plan on putting all of that toward Town Hall before it dies. That will give me all of the current modulars, with the exception of Green Grocer.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'll get the grievous set because of the minifigs and it has some nice parts, other than that it looks like one of the weakest LEGO SW lineups in a while. I'm probably alone here but I really hate trooper minifigs, don't get the obsession over troopers in general. Way more interested in droids, jedi and alien creatures.

Thankfully there are tons of other themes (especially those creator sets) to keep me more than happy.

Got the new Lego catalog and was surprised to see the Tower Bridge still listed in there. However, I am not surprised to still see the Best Star listed. =P

Fiancée got me the Lego Technic Unimog for my birthday. Took a while to build and came together nicely... Only problem is that cogs are not turning well enough to rotate the crane.

It turns if you give it a slight push but then becomes stuck.

Anyone know what the reason could be? Really don't want to take it apart as it took ages to build up.

Think it will be the last technic set I get.

Top Bottom