• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

mjc

What's the general consensus on the Daily Bugle set? Target has it for $36 and I kinda just want it if only for the Doom and Nova minifigs. I'm not a fan of the playset style of it...that's the only thing that's stopping me.

What's the general consensus on the Daily Bugle set? Target has it for $36 and I kinda just want it if only for the Doom and Nova minifigs. I'm not a fan of the playset style of it...that's the only thing that's stopping me.

That's a good price. Depends on if you would us those extra pieces to make a MOC. Buying the minifigs alone would cost over $20 (not including Spider-Man). The pieces are very reusable for me so it's a no brainer to get it.

sharbhund

I would totally buy this as a set:

BUdmnQp.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mihaimariusmihu/10738413706/

Ponn

Banned
I decided I just don't have the time to sort through that box of old Lego I posted a couple pages back. I also will feel bad just leaving it in a closet getting no love so i'm going to put it on craigslist. If anyone is interested in a lowball trade deal PM me and we can work something out.

I tore down sets today :( Made a drawer for Lego parts, I feel bad because I want to display what I bought because thats why I bought them so this feels weird to me. It's why i'm hesitant to buy anything else now. Had to cut Alien Mothership, Jokers Funhouse (already), Mirkwood, Orc Forge, Weathertop and various vehicles. Debating taking Vampires Castle down because I brought Quinjet home and want to display that with a stand like Phon had.

Anyone looking for Orthanc Amazon had a warehouse deal one for $160

I'm tempted by that Amazon Warehouse Orthanc, I'm just concerned that it may be on sale on Black Friday for an even greater discount. Than again, $40 off isn't bad. I am concerned about the condition just being good though too.

Aw what the heck, took the plunge. If it's in really bad condition I'll complain and get a refund, and if Black Friday has a better deal I'll be sad and buy something else to cheer me up.

EDIT: Nevermind, my gut was screaming out for me to cancel it so I did. I just FEEL that either there'll be a better deal on it later or something was seriously messed up with the set, whatever the case while I want it I genuinely feel I dodged a bullet somehow. Hopefully this pays off come Black Friday...

Superior set confirmed. Glad I did not get Hulk Helicarrier Breakout now. Although I need a Hawkguy figure. Should snag Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape while I can then.

The Helicarrier Breakout set is one of the few I won't dismantle. It's one of the better designed playsets of the last year. The 10,000 stickers in the set probably contribute to that, though.

Whenever I see that fig I start looking for green handles to pull on.

Looks like we may be getting a purple-pants Hulk in that 2014 Lab set.

IeJ4Bcb.jpg

I figured there would be something different with the new Hulk set. Wonder if this will hurt the aftermarket of the tan pants one. I have 2 extras. Actually, I have a ton of stuff I have been planning on selling, but I have yet to sell 1 item.

EDIT: I see the face is different too. I thought it would only be the face, but I'm glad they got the pants right this time.

FINALLY finished the gingerbread house.

Interior slopes to support the roof. Figured might as well put a wreath or big cookie inside instead of a blank wall.

One support beam running between the two thin, sloped walls. Also showing how the candy cane running along the roof is attached. There are a few Technic pins running through the middle for support. I didn't have enough red round pieces to keep the pattern uniform along the candy cane though.

Roof tiles. This was SO tedious. Ugh. Remind me never to do something like this again. Assembling the roof part was fine. It was putting the hundreds of 1x1 studs in varying colors everywhere that was so tedious. But, it was my choice to make it look like gumdrop heaven, so I only have myself to blame.

The roof attached.

The finished house. Going for something that looks reasonably realistic for a gingerbread house. In other words, lots of icing and gumdrops or candy everywhere on the thing.

I still haven't figured out an idea to replace the peppermint breasts on the front.

Now to build the snow environment to put this and the Winter Village Cottage into. Hidden feature of the gingerbread house: I put one of the large octagonal shapes under it, so I plan on attaching it to a spinning base in the scene. That way people can see the scene, but then I can spin the house around to show the interior without having to actually lift it. Shamelessly stolen idea from Ewok Village.

Some ideas I am kicking around to add to the holiday scene: frozen pond for skating, and an abominable snowman terrorizing the village.

FINALLY finished the gingerbread house.

The finished house. Going for something that looks reasonably realistic for a gingerbread house. In other words, lots of icing and gumdrops or candy everywhere on the thing.

I still haven't figured out an idea to replace the peppermint breasts on the front.

Now to build the snow environment to put this and the Winter Village Cottage into. Hidden feature of the gingerbread house: I put one of the large octagonal shapes under it, so I plan on attaching it to a spinning base in the scene. That way people can see the scene, but then I can spin the house around to show the interior without having to actually lift it. Shamelessly stolen idea from Ewok Village.

Some ideas I am kicking around to add to the holiday scene: frozen pond for skating, and an abominable snowman terrorizing the village.

Nicely done!

Just invert the breasts so they curve outward. Or you can extend the peppermint deco you have on the side to the front. If nothing seems to work, I think you could easily leave that section plain.

Rootbeer

Banned
did anyone mention amazon is selling series 11 minifigs for 2.50 a pack? you have to order $25 worth to get free prime shiping but that shouldn't be a problem :)

if you're like me and don't have ANY series 11, it's a good place to start if you are willing to gamble

Got the Falcon for just £86 via Amazon and for some strange reason I decided to mix the bags..... well most of them, small bags mixed together but separate from large bags.

This was last months purchase to go along with Fire Brigade. Think Town Hall is next, not feeling Pet Shop.

This was last months purchase to go along with Fire Brigade. Think Town Hall is next, not feeling Pet Shop.

I wasn't feeling Pet Shop either, until I bit the bullet and bought it.

I don't want to hype it up too much, but there's a reason it's my favorite since getting back into LEGO last year. I would absolutely recommend getting it before Town Hall...it has made me wish that there were more split buildings in the theme.

I like all these sets heaps more than the sets from this year. Wonder what's different with the Spiderman mini figs to other sets. Might grab one for myself.

Hope there will be more girl sets for the Juniors line.

My three year old watched her sister (7) and me play the LEGO Marvel game this morning for maybe...six minutes. Every single time a character appeared dressed in red she yelled:

"Oh it's Spiderman! Daddy Spiderman is here!"

I'm ok with the junior line as it stands. They've had girl-friendly sets for a couple of years and honestly at this age I don't think it matters. My older daughter will only add female minifigs to the creations she makes while 2-5 year olds just enjoy the "play" aspect.

I am liking the CITY sets and that Juice bar...but zzzzz at the police line. Only thing I like is all the brick parts and that's about it. The Junior line kinda reminds me of the dreaded Town Jr. in 97...what a buzzkill those sets were.

neonglow

I am liking the CITY sets and that Juice bar...but zzzzz at the police line. Only thing I like is all the brick parts and that's about it. The Junior line kinda reminds me of the dreaded Town Jr. in 97...what a buzzkill those sets were.

I gave up on LEGO around the time they juniorized their cars. Instead of headlights and the grill made from multiple parts, it was all one giant printed piece. I didn't come back until they refined their Star Wars ships a decade later.

6471-1.jpg

I gave up on LEGO around the time they juniorized their cars. Instead of headlights and the grill made from multiple parts, it was all one giant printed piece. I didn't come back until they refined their Star Wars ships.

6471-1.jpg

Same here, they had done so well the previous years but once I saw that...the dark ages pretty much started there.

Oh, look. Another Friends set with lots of windows and bright colored half dome awnings.

I am all for the cool food things that this line has been bringing, but so many of the sets like that are starting to blend together. It feels like just the colors change slightly. Where is the variety in design?

41006-1.jpg

41007-1.jpg

3061-1.jpg

At least the Cafe had a good uniform color scheme to it, and didn't seem like smashing a bunch of colors together.

3187-1.jpg

And the salon was similar only in the vast amount of windows. The rest of it was different enough to stand out.

Having said that, the real beauty of the Friends line does come in with the little details. Just look at the cakes in the window of the bakery for a good example.

Ponn

Banned
Man, so far I am not excited for next year at all. I mean the movie looks awesome and all, but as far as sets overall, big meh.

Top Bottom