• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

This is sorting madness! (Also known as Wetwired's sorting method)
Sort by shape then color!

13969874858_6b5a9b7878_h.jpg
Prepping for the next iteration of the Pony Express (Starfighter Telephone Game) by halfbeak, on Flickr

I'd like to get it on Display by Oct 1st. I think that won't be a problem with the current estimates. I'm wondering how many people ordered the HH this month though? I'm guessing it was a significant number, since it's hard to find them anywhere else. Amazon has had them in stock here and there but never for long.

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile, but thought I'd chime in to say I also ordered the Haunted House for the October promos (which also just shipped separately).

Haunted House is "temporarily" out of stock at EU S@H with no specified date. I guess it's over. Although I didn't really want it, I'm just looking for something cool to waste money on.

And I can't wait for the Elsa set. I just rewatched Frozen and there's lots of potential. I'm expecting lots of transparent panels held together with other pieces (to reduce the trans-trans connections that might be problematic according to Lego). I'd guess a two-level castle with a front gate, stairs and a balcony. Add Elsa, Anna and Olaf and we're done.

Ryuuroden

This is sorting madness! (Also known as Wetwired's sorting method)
Sort by shape then color!

Prepping for the next iteration of the Pony Express (Starfighter Telephone Game) by halfbeak, on Flickr

Pretty much my method. I have too many loose LEGO to just sort by color. I mean I have enough of some sizes of bricks of same color to fill multiple plastic shoe boxes. Wouldn't want to mix those up with sizes that I have much smaller numbers of or take much smaller space, they would get lost and hard to find in the container. So I might do a 1x1,1x2,1x3 container then a 1x4 container, and then a 1x6 container. Hell I have an entire shoebox completely full of just 1x8 white bricks. ;O

Rootbeer

Banned
Lame...ordered the Exo Suit but USPS SurePost seems to think my address doesn't exist or something and is returning it.

I hope you get on the phone to them and try to figure out what went wrong so it doesn't happen again.

I understand the frustration, had a lot of problems with shipment deliveries over the years.

TIP: use this website http://smartystreets.com/

Make sure your address shows up right there, if not modify the formatting you are using in your address to match everything up correctly

I'd like to get it on Display by Oct 1st. I think that won't be a problem with the current estimates. I'm wondering how many people ordered the HH this month though? I'm guessing it was a significant number, since it's hard to find them anywhere else. Amazon has had them in stock here and there but never for long.

Has to be significant amount of people. When I first added the HH to my cart on Sunday night the shipping estimate was for 9/9/14. My order earlier today is for 9/23. And now it's showing as 10/4!

Lame...ordered the Exo Suit but USPS SurePost seems to think my address doesn't exist or something and is returning it.

I had the same thing happen to me! I ordered two Exo Suits from Target on release day and had them shipped to my office. They were returned by USPS back to Target as undeliverable. And the kicker is, I have stuff delivered to me here at the office many times in the past. I was so pissed when I called their customer service. They offered me a $10 gift card, which I reluctantly took.

Ryuuroden

Argh wtf, I don't know what to do. I am going through all my stuff and I just realized I never got the 2 exo-suits I ordered from Shop@Home in the mail. I got the other part of that order but not the exo-suits which were sent separately. The problem is, I just realized this now and according to tracking they were delivered on the 9th of last month. Now I don't know what to do because it's probably too late to do something about it so I probably just lost 70 dollars. I get so many things in the mail that I didn't realize i missed it till I was going through all of last months invoices making sure I had everything accounted for and added to my lego lists.

EDIT: I also already had bought 2 sets from the store as well which was the other reason I wasn't necessarily thinking about it as I already had two sets.

The Immortal Iron Fist has joined my legion of Marvel superheroes.

Edit: call Lego customer service anyway Ryuu!! It never hurts to ask, right? And if you never ask, then you definitely won't get the money back!

The Immortal Iron Fist has joined my legion of Marvel superheroes.

Edit: call Lego customer service anyway Ryuu!! It never hurts to ask, right? And if you never ask, then you definitely won't get the money back!

Excellent! Power Fist is solid.

7700818670_b2f244d5d7_n.jpg

Don't mind me. I just have one load left. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

7733029516_68e12bd585_n.jpg

Men will be men, even superheroes/villains. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

7725745086_5c9c50ebb9_n.jpg

You have spider powers, so why does your web come from your wrists? by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Eklipsis

Now this is a great ape mech (or is it a gorilla?)

Ape Armor by zane_houston, on Flickr

That is AMAZING. any instructions?!

OK so here a couple pics of one of my potential contest entries from toynbricks. The contest is a Marvel or DC universe character with a new to them vehicle. Deadpool's Buggy with pull back power

IMG_5855 by eklipsis, on Flickr
IMG_5856 by eklipsis, on Flickr

and one with my newly acquired set.

IMG_5859 by eklipsis, on Flickr

...and yes it is as awesome as described! Please let me know what you think. Not sure if I want to enter this one...I may work on a power suit/mech of sorts. Please excuse the small pics I just started using Flickr and not sure how to post good pics yet.

A theater, a pizza place, a fire station, and a town hall. One of those is not like the other...

A hint at what's to come next year, perhaps? Of course, I guess it could just be considered a more recognizable match to the Parisian Restaurant, which would lose most of its details when shrunk down so much. Those look cool though, depending on the price I may drag myself to TRU to pick the entire set up.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Those are adorable! Too bad they'll probably be like $20 each. TRU pls

ghostmind

If it is like previous Bricktobers, the sets will be free, but you'll need to spend a specific amount on LEGO at TRU to get them. And I'm betting they will release one set per week in October, and each set will only be available that week.

I finished Town Hall!

WOW what an awesome build and final product. First and second floors have amazing details, third floor is sparse save for the big meeting table but I actually really like that. The roof?!? Holy shit. I don't even know how the person who designed this came up with some of the techniques used. The numbers were amazing to see come together but the trim? There you have to like, loop and flip up-side-down pieces through holes in other pieces? Good god.

And it looks boss as HECK when it's done. It is just huge. Wow. So glad I finally got it.

Don't do this to me...

Also, could you measure how high the Town Hall is if the tower is removed (that is, how high the front ridge of the building is)?

Rootbeer

Banned
If it is like previous Bricktobers, the sets will be free, but you'll need to spend a specific amount on LEGO at TRU to get them. And I'm betting they will release one set per week in October, and each set will only be available that week.

i like this because i means people cant swoop in and buy them all in one go. they'd have to purchase a ton of lego to get several. scalpers can fuck right off!

well, not sure what my lego budget will be in oct... but it would be nice to get all 4.

Just... I already own so many of the current LEGO sets on shelves... might be challenging to find something to buy.

34.5 cm without the tower (this will accommodate the ridge & the raised roof).

39.5 cm with the clock.

49.5 cm with the full tower.

Thanks! Does 34.5 cm also cover the roof windows? I looked at a comparison with Green Grocer and it might barely fit, but it would probably look a bit silly.

Rootbeer

Banned
WOW so the rumor is TT is making a Jurassic World game? Or... hopefully... a Jurassic game that could cover all FOUR films (i hope!?)

There's been a lot of speculation as to what franchise was worthy of a LEGO Videogame next... looks like the answer is very clear right now.

Thanks! Does 34.5 cm also cover the roof windows? I looked at a comparison with Green Grocer and it might barely fit, but it would probably look a bit silly.

Yep, that's what I meant by "raised roof".

There may be a .5 - 1 cm room for error since I did it quickly. If it is that tight I will do a careful second measure tonight.

ghostmind

I finished Town Hall!

WOW what an awesome build and final product. First and second floors have amazing details, third floor is sparse save for the big meeting table but I actually really like that. The roof?!? Holy shit. I don't even know how the person who designed this came up with some of the techniques used. The numbers were amazing to see come together but the trim? There you have to like, loop and flip up-side-down pieces through holes in other pieces? Good god.

And it looks boss as HECK when it's done. It is just huge. Wow. So glad I finally got it.

The roof was designed by Jamie Berard, while the rest of the building was designed by Astrid Graabaek. No offence to Astrid (who has been responsible for many of the kick-ass Friends set designs, as well as the Palace Cinema), but when you get to that roof build you are on a whole other level. (No pun intended).

Yep, that's what I meant by "raised roof".

There may be a .5 - 1 cm room for error since I did it quickly. If it is that tight I will do a careful second measure tonight.

The space is 34.7 cm so it would definitely be extremely tight. I think it's a better idea not to squeeze it in there.

Which begs the question - is there anywhere else in my apartment I could make a roomier display for my modulars :D

theaface

I finished Town Hall!

WOW what an awesome build and final product.

Agreed. I hadn't heard overwhelmingly positive things about Town Hall before I bought it, but I was thoroughly impressed with the end result. It's beastly in a good way and it really does look like it belongs as the centrepiece of a run of modulars.

Ryuuroden

The space is 34.7 cm so it would definitely be extremely tight. I think it's a better idea not to squeeze it in there.

Which begs the question - is there anywhere else in my apartment I could make a roomier display for my modulars :D

You really should get Town Hall and not skip it. Despite the lack of enthusiasm for it in here by the more vocal users, it's a really nice building. It's still a whole different level above palace cinema and has more technique than Grand Emporium. It has a better interior than most of the other modulars as well. Pretty much only 2nd floor Fire Brigade and all of Parisian Restaurant beat it for interiors. I think it's an equivalent build to pet shop. My top builds are Green Grocer, Fire Brigade and Parisian Restaurant. Town Hall ranks in my 2nd tier with Pet Shop and Grand Emporium which are builds that have pluses and minuses in my opinion.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So the Rock confirmed he is playing Black Adam in a Shazam movie. I'm pretty excited for this news but i'm already making the Lego connection and it makes me even giddier.

Shazam movie means at least one Lego set with both Shazam and Black Adam figs.

dLI2DwP.png

It's my time now.

Not necessarily. Green Lantern's only just getting a minifigure next year, the movie was released three years ago. Although I suppose that's come eventually so Shazam/Black Adam may do too.

I'll measure again tonight.

The Town Hall's first floor is amazing, despite all the negative reviews. I honestly wasn't blown away by the roof but it was one of my first sets after returning to the hobby so maybe I missed a lot.

Rootbeer

Banned
Got my Sept-Oct LEGO Club Mag yesterday.

Apparently in Oct there will be a relaunch of the LEGO Club website and it will now have missions, badges, stories, building steps etc.

Also make sure to check the back of the mag, there is a UNIQUE code there to unlock a playable minifigure in the Minifigures Online game

Krilekk

Banned
Got all Mixels series 3 today and two 3368 space stations for 40 % off MSRP. And a 70703 for a nice price to complete the Galaxy Squad sets. Good haul.

Ryuuroden

Just built one of my exo suits today. I really like it, it is going to go great posing with my Japanese figurines. Since I like to photograph Benny with his asian waifu's I'll put him in the exo suit.

EDIT: 6 bricklink orders just arrived, time to complete that dungeon!!

EDIT 2: Mannn I was so hoping to take pictures today or tomorrow but looks like I miscalculated the dark grey tiles I needed by 22 tiles ;( I don't want to start the next level till I get it all in and photographed because once the next floor goes on the lighting gets bad and I haven't learned/gotten any led's yet for it.

You wanted a picture of some of our stuff, well you got it.

k0c9QCM.jpg

84 boxes/items right there. Why is it there if movers were supposed to come Friday and take it? Because there was a screw up in communication between the moving company and my wife's new employer, and they cannot get our stuff until Monday or Tuesday now.
Unfortunately, all our utilities and our apartment lease end on Saturday and we start our new jobs in KY on Tuesday.

So for the last 24 hours my wife and I have been scrambling to secure a storage facility, get a U Haul (that frakked me dry with charges because I needed the truck over 2 days including a Friday), and move all our stuff into storage.

Had to lug all that crap down two flights of stairs, then unload it again a mile away in a storage place. Still tons to pack and move, including furniture. Some friends are coming to help tomorrow, but my body is a wreck today. The good thing in all of this is that it gives us more time to pack and finish everything since we have tomorrow as well. But the situation sucks ass.

And then in about two weeks one of us has to fly back to CT to be here with the moving company as they empty the storage unit, then fly back to KY that day. Yeah, it's going to be an adventure!

Time to go out for dinner and drinks as a last goodbye with coworkers. Lots of drinks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Moving sucks. Thankfully, when my wife and I moved into our house, I only moved about 10 minutes from my apartment. And I had all my coworkers help. With pickup trucks. Lots of pickup trucks.

Enjoy your evening Phon!

rallaren

You wanted a picture of some of our stuff, well you got it.

http://i.imgur.com/k0c9QCM.jpg[IMG]

84 boxes/items right there. Why is it there if movers were supposed to come Friday and take it? Because there was a screw up in communication between the moving company and my wife's new employer, and they cannot get our stuff until Monday or Tuesday now.
Unfortunately, all our utilities and our apartment lease end on Saturday and we start our new jobs in KY on Tuesday.

So for the last 24 hours my wife and I have been scrambling to secure a storage facility, get a U Haul (that frakked me dry with charges because I needed the truck over 2 days including a Friday), and move all our stuff into storage.

Had to lug all that crap down two flights of stairs, then unload it again a mile away in a storage place. Still tons to pack and move, including furniture. Some friends are coming to help tomorrow, but my body is a wreck today. The good thing in all of this is that it gives us more time to pack and finish everything since we have tomorrow as well. But the situation sucks ass.

And then in about two weeks one of us has to fly back to CT to be here with the moving company as they empty the storage unit, then fly back to KY that day. Yeah, it's going to be an adventure!

Time to go out for dinner and drinks as a last goodbye with coworkers. Lots of drinks.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ztK3EaA.jpg
YT2i0oi.jpg

Nice. Good luck, mate.

Top Bottom