• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rootbeer

Banned
Heh, so LEGO just put out an official statement saying the IDEAS Research Institute is no longer available.... I should of gotten more than one -.-

I had my chance when I ordered my two exo-suits. I figured I'd get it at a later date. Obviously not happening now!

At only $20 I wish I had changed my mind... all I can do is learn going forward... never pass up on an ideas set especially if it feels very niche and is priced low.

I think LEGO is totally insane to not make more but after seeing their 2015 lineup they have tons on their plate. I'll survive!
Dang that was fast. That's a great price for a new set. I hesitated because my wife has heavily hinted on me having too much LEGO. Hard for me to sneak LEGO sets that are delivered to the door. And it also shows on the order history which she can see since we share one Amazon account. Oh well, best I didn't push my luck for a set I want at a great price.
I've definitely gotten some vibes that people feel that way about my collection, but so far so good :p Not that I think they could change my buying habits. Still, would be nice to have friends who were into it as much as me. Wish I'd gone to Bricks By The Bay and met some other brickfans but my work schedule has been absolute hell... I don't want to get detailed about it here but suffice to say I've worked every day for 40 days in a row :p we're... going through something right now and I'm powering through it. Sigh. But the money has helped my LEGO addiction!

That really sucks for people that wanted one. It was only available for under 2 weeks?

Less than that! My store had it for about a day and a half, and we never got more as far as I know.

This is weak as hell. Did they say they straight-up aren't making anymore, or did they simply acknowledge that it's completely sold out? Why on earth would they make more Exo-Suits and not Research Institutes?

Fowler

Less than that! My store had it for about a day and a half, and we never got more as far as I know.

This is weak as hell. Did they say they straight-up aren't making anymore, or did they simply acknowledge that it's completely sold out? Why on earth would they make more Exo-Suits and not Research Institutes?

It's kinda mindblowing that they didn't see it coming, especially given the mainstream press fuss over the female scientist in CMF series 11.

Kyari

My local store had a restock of the Research Institute at some point recently, but that sold pretty quickly too.

On an unrelated note I keep buying Mixels and have yet to build them all. I have like a full set of orange, green and blue still waiting for me, but I keep buying them for the neat parts, the joins and etc.

Ryuuroden

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Research-Institute-21110

We apologize, but this item is no longer available on shop.LEGO.com. Limited quantities may be available in LEGO Stores.

Nitemare1

ok. so im flipping channels and spotted this on tmz.

Look behind Ian Ziering. First appearance is at the 20 s mark.
Someone at their office might be a fan! :).. Ok its a bit of a stretch but you never know.

Might be a little NSFW since they start off talking about the nude celeb photos.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_kgtvho7h/

Ryuuroden

Incoming Orthanc photo blitzkrieg, enjoy: (click on to enlarge and enjoy the detail)

15137514636_c53ebfccb8_k.jpg

15137505266_1404df3e81_k.jpg

15160553485_f5a2b6c972_k.jpg

14973951927_9f7b7b6523_k.jpg

15160492115_9578f97938_k.jpg

14973830870_d6d24dc95e_k.jpg

14973787729_a78f40ce96_k.jpg

15137445046_7ed0de9104_k.jpg

15160513885_6f1c6b314f_k.jpg

14973837940_fd603db3d4_k.jpg

14973819280_3eef7433a4_k.jpg

14973893957_10d6dd61dd_k.jpg

14973787150_f9a16418a6_k.jpg

14973885597_8fb4544176_k.jpg

15160058532_0a1db57fe5_k.jpg

14973704469_4f5c68159b_k.jpg

14973854037_f8c68f9aeb_k.jpg

This is the dungeon part in its pretty much completed form. Probably will not do more pictures till it starts climbing in height. Maybe each time I finish an interior floor.

Nitemare1

Do you guys think the Death Star battle pack is worth picking up? I like the gunners but I'm really not sold on the guards.

Even if you're not fussy on them 4 minifigs and the pieces for the gun at pretty decent price for what you're getting.
even without the helmets they are two full body red figs. I'm sure they would come in handy at some point if you do any moc'n at all.

Incoming Orthanc photo blitzkrieg, enjoy: (click on to enlarge and enjoy the detail)

This is the dungeon part in its pretty much completed form. Probably will not do more pictures till it starts climbing in height. Maybe each time I finish an interior floor.

Looking awesome! Speaking of black, I need a bunch of those corner black slopes you used for the base of the pillars.

Does anyone know if there are any uncommon elements in the ent? I want to know if it's easy to make my own x4 since I may not buy Orthanc set.

Ryuuroden

Looking awesome! Speaking of black, I need a bunch of those corner black slopes you used for the base of the pillars.

Does anyone know if there are any uncommon elements in the ent? I want to know if it's easy to make my own x4 since I may not buy Orthanc set.

there are several printed elements in it plus the ratcheting joints, I don't know how common those are. Other than that, mostly normal parts I think.

Ponn

Banned
Winter Soldier deserved some bloody sets.

Absolutely, should have had a Winter Soldier fig.

76017 Captain America vs. Hydra is currently on sale at Amazon for $14.97 (25% off).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IANU4ZA

This is still a damn fine set though and highly recommend it, especially at this price. All three figs are great and unique and its a pretty damn cool vehicle. Who are we kidding though, you are getting it for Bob the Hydra agent.

Absolutely, should have had a Winter Soldier fig.

This is still a damn fine set though and highly recommend it, especially at this price. All three figs are great and unique and its a pretty damn cool vehicle. Who are we kidding though, you are getting it for Bob the Hydra agent.

But Bob needs fellow co-workers.

Hydra agents go for about $4 on Bricklink. Seeing that CMFs go for $4 now, that doesn't seem like a bad price. I am debating how many Hydra agents I need. Since I'll be paying postage, 4-5 would be a good number. If I go crazy I might get 6-8.

I really hope we'll see some Super Hero battle packs.
Hydra, A.I.M.
Darkseid's parademons, H.I.V.E.
Actually, can skip A.I.M. and H.I.V.E.

Ponn

Banned

Hydra agents go for about $4 on Bricklink. Seeing that CMFs go for $4 now, that doesn't seem like a bad price. I am debating how many Hydra agents I need. Since I'll be paying postage, 4-5 would be a good number. If I go crazy I might get 6-8.

I really hope we'll see some Super Hero battle packs.
Hydra, A.I.M.
Darkseid's parademons, H.I.V.E.
Actually, can skip A.I.M. and H.I.V.E.

I could also knock-offs getting into that market. Or at least they should. Get into the buildable big figs to and sell them in packs so we can have an army of Sentinels.

mojiimbo

Heh, so LEGO just put out an official statement saying the IDEAS Research Institute is no longer available.... I should of gotten more than one -.-
There should still be a tiny final shipment of them heading out to Lego stores around late September or October. Pretty sure the September allocation is all going to their massive backorders on the website.

Fowler

Every time I see the Hydra agent minifig I feel like I should give him two sticks and call it a Kick-Ass minifig.

theaface

Today's my wedding day (yay!) and I got a box of lovely things from my bride-to-be this morning, one on which was the Pet Shop modular! :D

Look forward to sharing the photos of our Lego favour station later as well.

Today's my wedding day (yay!) and I got a box of lovely things from my bride-to-be this morning, one on which was the Pet Shop modular! :D

Congratulations on the Pet Shop modular!!!

Oh yeah, congratulations on the wedding too. :)

just got back from a 2 week vacation, so i probably missed a bunch of Lego News...

Anyway though, thinking bout making a trip to the Lego Store soon, any special polybag promos to look out for? Is CMF series 12 out yet?

Rootbeer

Banned
just got back from a 2 week vacation, so i probably missed a bunch of Lego News...

Anyway though, thinking bout making a trip to the Lego Store soon, any special polybag promos to look out for? Is CMF series 12 out yet?

polybags? how about a polybag *AND* a free white spaceman set?

New CMF sometime next month

Announcements? how about the UCF Slave I releasing soon?

LEGO knows how to keep things interesting :D

polybags? how about a polybag *AND* a free white spaceman set?

New CMF sometime next month

Announcements? how about the UCF Slave I releasing soon?

LEGO knows how to keep things interesting :D

Tx for the skinny ;) Since im based in Europe, i already have the Spaceman, which Polybag is it though for September?

Also, Slave I YES, finally, any pics or dates yet?

ruxtpin

Banned

Congrats! I just popped the question to my g/f yesterday and she said yes. Woo!

Some, but none officially from LEGO! Hopefully coming shortly.

http://brickset.com/article/12209/75060-ucs-slave-i-pictures-revealed

They gone and topped the previous Boba Fett minifig which was already spectacular. Glad minifig arm printing is starting to become more widespread. And that fantastic looking build!

Nice! Looking VERY good so far in those pics... It looks pretty big too which is always a plus for a UCS... must buy for sure! Damnit i still need to buy Ewok Village tho...

Ryuuroden

So I am debating whether to partition off the first floor of Orthanc (entryway floor) and make it a armory or a kitchen. The rest of the first floor will still be an foyer of sorts. I will be doing 1 more lvl above that before I do the throne room and Palantir room which will be on floor 3. I know that floor 4 will have bedroom/library and floor 5-6 will have study/library/rooms/lab and floor 7 will be an overlook type room with large windows looking out in all directions. I am currently thinking I will have a total of 7 floors + dungeon to it as each floor is around 8-10 inches high minimum in order to allow for lots of viewing room from the side. Above the top floor will be another 24 inches or so of the spires and open platform gandalf was imprisoned on. This is just the basic outline of what I am looking at.

ghostmind

Since the set numbers/names were leaked, I've been becoming increasingly hyped for the CITY Swamp Police sets.

Excited about more Police?? Am I crazy??

As I understand it, the CITY theme has several teams which alternatively take their turn for the main subthemes each year. My favorite Police series since I emerged from my "dark ages" has been the Forest Police from 2012. I have a hunch that this same team is behind the Swamp Police, which, if true, will result in some really unique/cool designs and ideas.

I am also hopeful that they use the opportunity to introduce some new animals in this subtheme, like they did with the new bear in the Forest theme. Give me LEGO ducks, turtles, and a better snake!

ghostmind

438sinI.jpg

Found on a banner on the TRU website. That megaphone is a new mould, and AFAIK that is a new torso print, so is this one of the CMF Series 13, or from a set we have not seen yet?

ghostmind

UCS Slave I not releasing until January?

If the new modular is released in January, along with all the new 1H sets (DCU, CITY, Creator, Star Wars, etc), it is going to be a very expensive kick-off to 2015!

Rootbeer

Banned
UCS Slave I not releasing until January?

If the new modular is released in January, along with all the new 1H sets (DCU, CITY, Creator, Star Wars, etc), it is going to be a very expensive kick-off to 2015!

please release soon... oct 1st? :(

was hoping to bundle it with my santa's workshop order, but... i guess it'd make October rather cheap for me if it's not until late December

in fact i have some other stuff i'm putting off ordering simply to have the funds aside for Slave I... so if it's not coming soon I wish we'd get some confirmation so I can just order that stuff instead :p

LEGO please do your damn announcement on it asap! It's already leaked so let's not play games!

Someone returned the old TMNT lair! Thanks to my job I got all the main classic, normal Turtles figs (except Mikey still need him) at reasonable, not bloated asshole TRU prices. Hooray!

I still cannot believe they sell Lex's Power Armor for $28. That just infuriates me every time. :mad:

Someone returned the old TMNT lair! Thanks to my job I got all the main classic, normal Turtles figs (except Mikey still need him) at reasonable, not bloated asshole TRU prices. Hooray!

I still cannot believe they sell Lex's Power Armor for $28. That just infuriates me every time. :mad:

40% over MSRP isn't reasonable? SMH at TRU.

Side question. My local LEGO store no longer has the past wave of Speedorz. They were 20% off for at least two weeks. I gambled I'd see a lower discount but I was wrong. LEGO must have adjusted production numbers based on lack of demand for the first wave of Speedorz.

My question is if future shipments of those are going out to LEGO stores.

I wanted a few of them for the minifigs and parts. I got greedy after the 50% off I saw on the first wave of Speedorz. I should have known supply would have been reduced after that for the next wave.

Ryuuroden

Side question. My local LEGO store no longer has the past wave of Speedorz. They were 20% off for at least two weeks. I gambled I'd see a lower discount but I was wrong. LEGO must have adjusted production numbers based on lack of demand for the first wave of Speedorz.

I wanted a few of them for the minifigs and parts. I got greedy after the 50% off I saw on the first wave of Speedorz. I should have known supply would have been reduced after that for the next wave.

Considering there are still further waves of friggan Chima coming, it must be making money for them. There must just be massive amounts of it considering I am always seeing that line discounted. Yet they still profit.

Yeah we have a ton of the new Speedorz, I think there's 4 regular packs (3 good guys 1 bad) and then a deluxe pack with the main good and bad guy.

There's actually bee a huge boost in interest for them because all last month Lego stores (as far as I know it should have been all of them?) have had a big track set up for kids to try them out. It helps when people can actually see wtf they are, hahaha.

I'm still pissed that the Chima fox only ever came in a Speedorz set that I have never been able to find in stores (and am too spoiled to pay Amazon prices for) How am I supposed to make an Arwing MOC without Star Fox?

Though it did just occur to me that I've never checked BrickLink for him...

Now if only they'd release frog and rabbit Chima.

ruxtpin

Banned
Finished building the new AT-AT today. Such a great set. No stickers and 3 snowtroopers, Veers, AND an AT-AT pilot? Yes please. I'd consider buying a second one.

Yeah we have a ton of the new Speedorz, I think there's 4 regular packs (3 good guys 1 bad) and then a deluxe pack with the main good and bad guy.

There's actually bee a huge boost in interest for them because all last month Lego stores (as far as I know it should have been all of them?) have had a big track set up for kids to try them out. It helps when people can actually see wtf they are, hahaha.

I'm still pissed that the Chima fox only ever came in a Speedorz set that I have never been able to find in stores (and am too spoiled to pay Amazon prices for) How am I supposed to make an Arwing MOC without Star Fox?

Though it did just occur to me that I've never checked BrickLink for him...

Now if only they'd release frog and rabbit Chima.

I was referring to the wave with the spiders, scorpions, and bats. The regular sets with those minifigs are still around. I saw that track setup in the store. That and the 20% off must have clean out the inventory. Online inventories are almost depleted as many have call to check for availability. Oh well, if I really want them I'll have to pay close to MSRP from Amazon, Walmart, Target, or *shudder* TRU.

Top Bottom