• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ryuuroden

How much of that is due to The LEGO Movie revenue?

Well it only beat Mattel by a tiny amount, 2.03 billion to Mattels 2 billion for the first half of the year. Since sales in the 2nd half of the year are much higher because holidays, Mattel can still retake the lead. The movie helped boost sales a lot but the money Lego gets from the movie is mainly in the sale of the related sets. They don't get the 500 million the movie made in theaters, nor does it count towards earnings. Lego sales have doubled in China this year. Also since friends was released, Lego sales to the female demographic have tripled.

Mattel bought megablocks this year so we shall see what direct competition brings.

I think it would be worth it to get $100 worth if they are sets you want and some you kinda want.

The previous white classic space reissue minifig goes for $16 new on Bricklink.
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=84134

Brickset shows the 2nd reissue as a new item:
http://brickset.com/minifigs/sp006n...met-Logo-High-on-Torso-#40-Second-Reissue-#41

You may get lucky on eBay, but I see one where someone bid $15 with 1 day and 7 hours left. Others are lower, but have more time before they end.

I will check eBay and see. If not, I will try to find 100 bucks worth of sets.

wetwired

So I dropped into the Brisbane David Jones yesterday morning to check out Ghostbusters sets finally in stores here in Australia, complete with dodgy photo I got one of the staff members to take for me.

10616105_1477564742493414_7296036007428133668_n.jpg

Though I've since heard that both David Jones and Myer are sold out already

Rootbeer

Banned
my Haunted House shipped yesterday, ahead of schedule! Not the first time I've had an out of stock item ship earlier than the estimate from S@H. They must err on the side of caution when estimating those restock dates.

We should start finding the new minifigs in stores in the next week, you think?

Anyway, about to get off work... going to hit up Target's Halloween section and look for the new polybags hitting stores. They are both re-releases of previous exclusives at other locations but I don't have either yet.

my Haunted House shipped yesterday, ahead of schedule! Not the first time I've had an out of stock item ship earlier than the estimate from S@H. They must err on the side of caution when estimating those restock dates.

Anyway, about to get off work... going to hit up Target's Halloween section and look for the new polybags hitting stores. They are both re-releases of previous exclusives at other locations but I don't have either yet.

Found both this morning.

Oddly enough, I haven't been to a Target in weeks. Which two polybags are they?

My HH shipped the other day too. Caught me by surprise.

Rootbeer

Banned
Oddly enough, I haven't been to a Target in weeks. Which two polybags are they?

My HH shipped the other day too. Caught me by surprise.

Well, neither are THAT interesting... though I believe the Arcic polybag comes with a printed piece that has the arctic logo on it??? That's pretty cool. Also 3x of those ski pieces. I don't have any.

I'll rarely pass on a polybag which contains a minifigure.

http://www.neoape.com/new-polybags-available-at-target-arctic-scout-30310-batwing-30301/

rallaren

Not bad wetwired.

Prelim pics for the 2015 1H Star Wars sets:

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/topic/41799-neu-star-wars-2015-diskussionsthread/page-4#entry730414

Do not post them here please.

And remember these are prelims - very rough builds of what will be the final product, with missing elements, part substitutions, missing stickers and prints, etc.
Ooohh. I see that
TIE Advanced prototype
and
Wookie ship
!

Aaand I just finished the new Ninjago car set. Pretty cool. No complaints really besides now I only have one set and it feels somewhat empty. Like I want that huge ninja fortress and the other sets etc.

ghostmind

Not bad wetwired.

Ooohh. I see that
TIE Advanced prototype
and
Wookie ship
!

Aaand I just finished the new Ninjago car set. Pretty cool. No complaints really besides now I only have one set and it feels somewhat empty. Like I want that huge ninja fortress and the other sets etc.

First year of Ninjago is definitive for that theme.

JLwTKTr.jpg

RuQ5EII.jpg

rallaren

First year of Ninjago is definitive for that theme.

http://imgur.com/JLwTKTr.jpg[MG]

[IMG]http://imgur.com/RuQ5EII.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I have been eyeing both. But I was talking specifically about the latest one because of the car. The two above would be prioritised otherwise.

ghostmind

The little Imperial Troop Transport in those prelim pics looks hilarious, but what a great set for building a Stormtrooper brigade! (EDIT: they may be Rebels Stormtroopers, but unlike some folks I am cool with that)

The Shadow Troopers look fierce.

I had heard that the Senate Commando Trooper pack had been cancelled, but perhaps not.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I dropped into the Brisbane David Jones yesterday morning to check out Ghostbusters sets finally in stores here in Australia, complete with dodgy photo I got one of the staff members to take for me.

Were they excited about the fact that the set creator was in their store? ;)

wertherian

Neo Member
Hello all -

Brand new poster. Been reading this thread obsessively every day for months, wanting to comment, etc. Finally got my Neogaf account approved. Big fan of you guys. My dark ages ended last Christmas, when my wife bought me Orthanc, and something snapped. I just freaked and dove back in, hard core. Bought something like 200 sets this year - mostly new, some old ones. My last three purchases were the Star Wars advent calendar this year, the motorized Harry Potter Hogwart's Express, and the new Icebreaker. Also bought the Tumbler for the classic space freebie, but it's not shipped yet.

ANYWAY, wanted to let you guys know that 1) there are some Research Institutes left at the Scholastic store in Soho, New York, if anyone lives here. They said today there are four left. And 2) if anyone's got a daughter and wanted to get her a set and didn't manage (I recall reading a few comments to that effect), I bought an extra, and I'm happy to sell it at cost and mail it out.

Excited to finally post.

Risible

Hello all -

Brand new poster. Been reading this thread obsessively every day for months, wanting to comment, etc. Finally got my Neogaf account approved. Big fan of you guys. My dark ages ended last Christmas, when my wife bought me Orthanc, and something snapped. I just freaked and dove back in, hard core. Bought something like 200 sets this year - mostly new, some old ones. My last three purchases were the Star Wars advent calendar this year, the motorized Harry Potter Hogwart's Express, and the new Icebreaker. Also bought the Tumbler for the classic space freebie, but it's not shipped yet.

ANYWAY, wanted to let you guys know that 1) there are some Research Institutes left at the Scholastic store in Soho, New York, if anyone lives here. They said today there are four left. And 2) if anyone's got a daughter and wanted to get her a set and didn't manage (I recall reading a few comments to that effect), I bought an extra, and I'm happy to sell it at cost and mail it out.

Excited to finally post.

That was me! I'd be super grateful! PMing you now.

Oh, and welcome to GAF! :)

neonglow

Hello all -

Excited to finally post.

Welcome to the club. You should take pics of your displayed sets or box lying around everywhere in your house.

neonglow

Well, neither are THAT interesting... though I believe the Arcic polybag comes with a printed piece that has the arctic logo on it??? That's pretty cool. Also 3x of those ski pieces. I don't have any.

I'll rarely pass on a polybag which contains a minifigure.

http://www.neoape.com/new-polybags-available-at-target-arctic-scout-30310-batwing-30301/

That's actually my site. I've been meaning to post pictures of both sets but got busy with work. I really love the Batwing. You get a lot of long plates as well as several wing plates. It would go well with the Batmobile polybag from last year.

ghostmind

Hello all -

Excited to finally post.

AHpVnD0.gif

Ryuuroden

Hello all -

Excited to finally post.

Welcome to the "I didn't know financial Armageddon could be this fun" thread. I kid, we are all responsible fans of LEGO who just happen to buy a lot of Lego. And enable others to join us when we can.....:D

Oh man, he cut off the feet. Barely recognized you.

9IJVbP4.jpg

Yeah, that one does look sweet, and possibly a return to the original greatness of the theme.

Dat dark green. I hope we get more 1x4 and 1x2 bricks (and some basic plates) in the dark colors in LEGO PAB walls.

Hello all -

Excited to finally post.

You and your wallet are welcomed.

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/topic/41799-neu-star-wars-2015-diskussionsthread/page-4#entry730414

And remember these are prelims - very rough builds of what will be the final product, with missing elements, part substitutions, missing stickers and prints, etc.

Nice. I see a Storm Trooper Battle pack. I could use a dozen or so storm troopers that match. The micro-fighters look decent.

Rootbeer

Banned
WELCOME wertherian (200 sets this year!? And people think I'm bad, whoa! grats on the bricks man)! I hope all the other lurkers out there get to join us someday. Get to making those accounts guys!

c8d0247287b484a2edb67fb3058ee9a48d013a97b6c04ee870d52f0aa292d6a3.jpg

Star Wars 2015: the January sets tend to be less interesting than the Summer sets, or is it just me? I'm sure I'll get the new microfighters and a few other things, seems very battle pack heavy though. I remain excited for Rebels, so those sets will probably be an easy buy as well

Wanted: Sabine minifigure and "jedi padawan" Ezra with his unique looking lightsaber... I hope they create a new piece for it like they did for dooku and ventress.

That's actually my site. I've been meaning to post pictures of both sets but got busy with work. I really love the Batwing. You get a lot of long plates as well as several wing plates. It would go well with the Batmobile polybag from last year.

Oh, thanks for letting me know that :) I like your site!

Sadly, I found neither polybag today as both of my closest Targets do not have their Halloween stuff out yet.

HOWEVER at TRU I found a Pumpkin polybag, set 40055 (52 pieces). Up at the register. According to brickset, this set was a shop.lego.com exclusive last year around this time. Well, TRU has it this year!

I used my 15% off coupon (it expires in 3 days... had to do something! :p) on the Turtle Van Takedown set and that qualified me for th efree ARC-170 Starfighter polybag, of which I know have two. :p

rallaren

Two pics of 70727 X-1 Ninja Charger:

SI1qORN.jpg

BLURRY

PO2axnu.jpg

I put the tires the other way so they stick out... not sure if it looks better. I like the engine/missile system. It's an all round cool set.

Not really a fan of Technic in these sets but it's kind of hidden here.

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks for the pics. Yeah, it's a cool set if you're into cars.

It's on my "If spotted for more than 30% off" list (which... is a pretty long list tbh)

I just have so much red and gold already I don't know what to do with it all anymore.

My wallet is so thankful for those prelim photos. No Star Wars sets that I want/need. I might grab the
Stormtroopers battle pack
and be done with it.

Star Wars 2015: the January sets tend to be less interesting than the Summer sets, or is it just me? I'm sure I'll get the new microfighters and a few other things, seems very battle pack heavy though. I remain excited for Rebels, so those sets will probably be an easy buy as well

Hard to beat this summer sets if you are big into the original trilogy. AT-AT, Star Destroyer, Cantina, and Snowspeeder are very iconic. They basically fill in the missing OT stuff from all the rehashes.
Tie Fighters, X-Wing, Millenium Falcon, Hoth base, etc were recently redone. Ewok village was also just done.

I feel like only a UCS Millenium Falcon redo is needed to fill my need for Original Trilogy stuff. Then I'm DONE with Star Wars theme...at least until the new movies come out (and only if they are awesome).

Ravek

Banned
Everything is awesome! Except your financial situation after entering here!

LEGO |OT 4|Everything is awesome, except your wallet!

LEGO |OT 4|Whats a positive account balance?

LEGO |OT 4| You can't buy groceries in bricks!

LEGO |OT 4| Double Decker Couches are welcomed here.

R-User!

Thanks for the info! Most of those I probably won't get, but it's nice to see them early.

Hello all -

Excited to finally post.

Welcome wertherian! Nice good LEGO deed/gesture to enter the thread with!
Post some pics of your favorite stuff if you so feel inclined. :)

My wallet is so thankful for those prelim photos. No Star Wars sets that I want/need. I might grab the
Stormtroopers battle pack
and be done with it.

My wallet as well!

The Rebrickening.
The Financial Brickpocalypse.

Or, the one I was considering:
Everything is Awesome.

I liked the Everything is Awesome one, and then I thought about the contrast between our wallets being "empty" and how NOT awesome that aspect is, and was going to post:

LEGO-GAF |OT4| Everything is AWESOOOOOOME! ----------Except our wallets...

Everything is awesome! Except your financial situation after entering here!

...then as I read then next few posts, I saw that you had already thought about that same contrast... ;p

I think that the thread should be titled "LEGO-GAF", not "LegoGAF".
Unless there is a better reason for "Lego-GAF".

Hello all -

Excited to finally post.

I am late in posting this, but...
WeKBFWc.gif

Top Bottom