• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

So I clicked the 'sort by color' pallet option in LDD but I have no idea how to stop sorting by color. I looked it up and it told me to click the 'remove filter' button but I don't see it anywhere.

vUiJ8ct.png

I was referring to the wave with the spiders, scorpions, and bats. The regular sets with those minifigs are still around. I saw that track setup in the store. That and the 20% off must have clean out the inventory. Online inventories are almost depleted as many have call to check for availability. Oh well, if I really want them I'll have to pay close to MSRP from Amazon, Walmart, Target, or *shudder* TRU.
Oooooh oh oh, yeah, I think those are dust? We just sold out of the last ones today so I guess at Lego it'll be YMMV :(

Rootbeer

Banned
there is a dropship for 64 and change on AWD... i hate passing on cool sets! But... just too much on the horizon :x

I really wish I could find the current 70404 King's Castle at a good price... that one i'd cave for.

my dream setup is to have room devoted to building a LEGO city only it'd be a medieval/fantasy city with places for forestmen, castle, wolfpack, fantasy, vikings, dragons, you get the drill; hoping someday I'll have the room for that.

there is a dropship for 64 and change on AWD... i hate passing on cool sets! But... just too much on the horizon :x
Thanks for the heads up, grabbed it. Been waiting for that one to go on sale. It looks great, but couldn't buy it full price because as you said, too much coming up right now.

wetwired

Incoming Orthanc photo blitzkrieg, enjoy: (click on to enlarge and enjoy the detail)

This is the dungeon part in its pretty much completed form. Probably will not do more pictures till it starts climbing in height. Maybe each time I finish an interior floor.

I replied to this on my phone but obviously it never went through, basically though this would look awesome lit up by LEDs

Ryuuroden

I replied to this on my phone but obviously it never went through, basically though this would look awesome lit up by LEDs

Yeah, that is totally what I want to do I just have to find out what type of LED's to get and how to do it. I have spaces already built in with which to thread stuff.

rallaren

NB2i8Kw.jpg

My first UCS and got struck by the size. How awesome this build is. Wings and engines was a bit of pain though. And no Luke (or lights)? Bummed. I would like to put it somewhere where the engines show.

Fowler

NB2i8Kw.jpg

My first UCS and got struck by the size. How awesome this build is. Wings and engines was a bit of pain though. And no Luke (or lights)? Bummed. I would like to put it somewhere where the engines show.

I love the set. It does peak pretty early though with the S-foil mechanism.

I used a spare Luke Skywalker (can't remember where from), had to modify the seat a bit to fit him in.

I was disappointed by Lifelites. There's hardly any light coming from them and the batteries wore out quickly even though I hardly used them.

In other news, I bought a Mesmo mixel for $2 since I had a coupon at the shop. I was going to get one with more joints but the witch hats won me over. I was under the impression that they were purple though, but they're plain black. Gonna build it now and hopefully I won't feel an urge to buy the rest of the series for $6 each.

So bionicle is officially 100% confirmed to make a comeback now. They found this image on the Lego.com server, this is gonna be the thumbnail for the new bionicle site next year! Ohmygosh I'm so excited.

bionicle_210x227_portalfranchisecard_still.png

So bionicle is officially 100% confirmed to make a comeback now. They found this image on the Lego.com server, this is gonna be the thumbnail for the new bionicle site next year! Ohmygosh I'm so excited.

bionicle_210x227_portalfranchisecard_still.png

Now the last part is if the sets look any good. All I know is that Tahu looks awesome, but all the others look like a hit or miss.

mernst23

I tried like a month or two ago but here goes another shot.

Looking for Simpsons Minifigs to complete my set. I need Burns, Grandpa, and Ralph.

I have 3 extra marges, 2 flanders, and a bart. Anyone looking for a trade or willing to buy my extras?

Also, my wife bought me the house two weeks ago. I mixed the bags and dragged it out and enjoyed building that set for like 10 days. Good times.

Looking for Simpsons Minifigs to complete my set. I need Burns, Grandpa, and Ralph.

I have 3 extra marges, 2 flanders, and a bart. Anyone looking for a trade or willing to buy my extras?

Also, my wife bought me the house two weeks ago. I mixed the bags and dragged it out and enjoyed building that set for like 10 days. Good times.

I'm still looking for Bart & Burns. I'll be feeling a few bags over the next week...I'll grab a Grandpa, Ralph & second Burns if I find them and PM you...

I finally put together that Mountain Cabin Creator set tonight...pretty nice looking all things considered. Reminds me of the Rocky River Retreat and now...I want that set. Darnit.

I have an extra Grandpa and Ralph as far as I remember. Sadly, everything is in storage for a few more weeks so I can't check or get them until first or second week of October.

Rootbeer

Banned
LEGO Batman 3 Season Pass has a ton of new characters.

Totally going to get this.

Now, will TT Games please let us know what they are going to do about Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies? Will it be DLC For The Hobbit game or will it be its own game? Or will they simply never release that chapter? :/

BxGCTryCcAAX0uR.jpg:large

Ravek

Banned
LEGO Batman 3 Season Pass has a ton of new characters.

Totally going to get this.

Now, will TT Games please let us know what they are going to do about Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies? Will it be DLC For The Hobbit game or will it be its own game? Or will they simply never release that chapter? :/

BxGCTryCcAAX0uR.jpg:large

The Batman minifig better come to us IRL

Woorloog

Banned
Chezzyman's post reminded me Lego Digital Designer exists. So i downloaded and installed it.
And... man, it sucks. For whom is this meant? For people who want to generate construction instructions for their customs?
Building anything with this thing is awful. Unintuitive and slow. Apparently i can't have multiple part windows open at once (scrolling up and down one list is slow) and i can't figure out how (if possible in the first place) to move pieces up and down (a piece pushed the zero level down and now everything is floating).

Very disappointing, i can't design my mech with this thing (and i can't do it IRL because i'm lacking various ball-joints and other parts). The part and color selections are nice though, i can see useful parts at least.
Is there any other digital design program for Legos? Something is considerably faster to use? Though perhaps computer program just isn't ideal for legos.

The flaws (as i perceive them) of this program made me wonder if Xbox One Kinect could be used for virtual lego construction; it is accurate enough, isn't it?

ghostmind

Time to temper the expectations - reports are coming in from those that have seen the retailer catalog that the 2015 Pirates sets are a simplification of the theme, much as Castle 2013 was to Kingdoms.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Time to temper the expectations - reports are coming in from those that have seen the retailer catalog that the 2015 Pirates sets are a simplification of the theme, much as Castle 2013 was to Kingdoms.

Castle 2013 was so disappointing. Very basic sets and even the minifigs looked the same.

ghostmind

Castle 2013 was so disappointing. Very basic sets and even the minifigs looked the same.

Yeah, I have some of the Pirates 2009 sets, so I am curious to see how the Pirates 2015 sets stack up in comparison. We are probably a month or so away from getting some images of these sets.

Ravek

Banned
Yeah, I have some of the Pirates 2009 sets, so I am curious to see how the Pirates 2015 sets stack up in comparison. We are probably a month or so away from getting some images of these sets.

So....are we gonna have to wait until 2017 when the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie comes out for "decent" pirate sets? ...I really hope not.

Feels like all the cool shios came out during my Dark Ages and now TLG is giving me the finger...dramatic, I know.

Thanks for the insight regardless.

So I guess TLG just officially became the number one toy maker in the world in terms of sales pushing Mattel to 2nd, coool stuff.

And LEGO basically just sells bricks and minifigs. Granted their licensing and licensed products probably make a big chunk too.

I'm a skeptical person by nature so I believe this is won't last much longer. Then again, emerging markets such as Asia may boost LEGO for a few more years of good growth.

How much is that Spaceman promo minifig going for? Not seeing 100 bucks worth of sets I want.

I think it would be worth it to get $100 worth if they are sets you want and some you kinda want.

The previous white classic space reissue minifig goes for $16 new on Bricklink.
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=84134

Brickset shows the 2nd reissue as a new item:
http://brickset.com/minifigs/sp006n...met-Logo-High-on-Torso-#40-Second-Reissue-#41

You may get lucky on eBay, but I see one where someone bid $15 with 1 day and 7 hours left. Others are lower, but have more time before they end.

Damnit Pirates!!!!!! Noooo... i was SO looking forward to this one too :(

It really DOES feel like Lego in general is trying to "simplify" everything and just make it less detailed, but still sell for the same price as before or whatever...

Ponn

Banned
Hmm disappointing news about Pirates. I was going to hang back on buying Sea Cow to see what the Pirate line ship looked like. I still will probably, at this point i think id rather get Tumbler before Sea Cow.

Top Bottom